Start by marking “Everneath (Everneath, #1)” as Want to Read:
Everneath (Everneath, #1)

Everneath (Everneath #1)

3.76  ·  Rating details ·  38,789 Ratings  ·  4,387 Reviews
Last spring, Nikki Beckett vanished, sucked into an underworld known as the Everneath, where immortals Feed on the emotions of despairing humans. Now she’s returned—to her old life, her family, her friends—before being banished back to the underworld... this time forever.

She has six months before the Everneath comes to claim her, six months for good-byes she can’t find th
Published January 24th 2012 by Balzer + Bray

Navessa

This MC, Nikki, is the most emo fucking chick I’ve ever come across in literature. SHE’S WORSE THAN BELLA SWAN. The boy she was dating dumps her so instead of your normal level of teenage angst she decides to let a fucking stranger drag her into the underworld so he can drain her of her life essence because she doesn’t want to feel things anymore.

A hundred years later (six months our time) and they wake up. But instead of not knowing who she is anymore, she remembers. She’s a super speshul snowf
Steph Sinclair

Sometime after this review was written Kat Kennedy and I traveled down the River Styx to interview Brodi Ashton. Check out the interview here!

Right after I finished Everneath I gave it 4 stars right off the bat. It was an easy read with a great story and fantastical characters. Why didn't I give it five stars? I had to to think on that. So, I spent an entire week trying to figure out what it was about Everneath that I disliked. Conclusion:

It's true, folks. I don't have any negative things to sa
Brodi Ashton
Jan 13, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Yep. I totally just gave my own book five stars. :)
Soumi
Then: Once there was a Girl named Persephone who was abducted by Lord of underworld Hades

description

Now: There is a girl named Nikki, abducted by Cole to Everneath, sounds same???? Ohh wait there is twist of third guy. I love twists a lot.
Then: Once there was a pair of lovers, Orpheus and Eurydice. When Eurydice was poisoned and died, Orpheus didn’t give up hope, he made an impossible journey to underworld to bring Eurydice back. He was almost succeeded but one small mistake of looking back took Eurydice b
Kat Kennedy
*This ARC was provided to me by HarperCollins. No money or favours were exchanged for this review - much to my chagrin!

November Madness is what I nicknamed this month. With a variety of very interesting looking titles becoming available for galley grab, to many readers, it appeared to be a smorgasbord of literary delights.

Everneath is one such of these delights and, in my opinion, completely deserves the hype.

Becks, a seventeen year old girl, wakes up from a hundred year-long hibernation with ba
Emily May
Nov 02, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pnr, young-adult, 2011, arc

Whilst reading this I happened to glance over at my mirror and see the expression on my face - my mouth was open, my eyes were wide... needless to say, I looked like a complete moron. But that should give you some indication of how much this story surprised me. I confess that I didn't expect to like it that much and it's obviously time I stop making these predictions when I'm nearly always wrong. I should also stop trying to work out what certain things appeal to me in books, these theories als
Samantha
I'm always on the search for good Hades and Persephone retellings. This summary gave me hope. It talks about a girl who survived the underworld and comes back to the surface. Even without the obvious Persephone themes, those are some of my buzzwords. The marketing and design of the cover also scream Hades and Persephone. Unfortunately... that was all a ruse.

This is not a Hades and Persephone retelling. This is more of an Orpheus and Eurydice retelling, with a random "love triangle" thrown in. E
Giselle
Oct 04, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hades and Persephone, we've all heard the story. Of all the myths, this is easily my favorite. When I saw that Everneath was a retelling of this heartbreaking tale, I was instantly attracted to it. However, I was mistaken. This is not a Persephone and Hades retelling per se, but a modernized, completely original story that is loosely based on the myths of Persephone and Eurydice. It was beautiful!

First and foremost, the character that breathes powerfully throughout this book, is the emotion. It
Wendy Darling
I wish the whole book contained what its last 10% did. Review to come.
Annalisa
Dec 12, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Annalisa by: Crystalyn

I really wanted to love this one. I had high hopes for it, but it didn't quite live up to its hype. Most of the book felt like a stall to get to the climax, which is probably why I couldn't quite suspend my disbelief. I found myself out of the story most of the time, picking apart its inconsistencies, instead of pulled into Nikki's story. Little things like Nikki sitting at her desk and then several pages later getting up off or bed or Jack stacking chairs but then he's turning them ove
Cole or Jack? 260 768 Dec 16, 2017 07:59AM
YoungAdultLovers&...: Everneath Discussion 5 49 Dec 16, 2017 07:03AM
Play Book Tag: Everneath by Brodi Ashton 2.5 stars 1 6 Sep 24, 2017 08:41AM
Lesegruppe-SuB-Abbau: This topic has been closed to new comments. Ewiglich die Sehnsucht - Brodi Ashton 14 2 Apr 01, 2017 12:04PM
! YA Heroines !: 2016 JAN - Everneath (Everneath #1) by Brodi Ashton 2 10 Jan 29, 2016 08:09AM
Cole or Jack? 56 124 Sep 01, 2015 01:30PM
Cole 17 137 Jul 14, 2015 08:53PM
  • Hemlock (Hemlock, #1)
  • Unraveling (Unraveling, #1)
  • Incarnate (Newsoul, #1)
  • Illuminate (Gilded Wings, #1)
  • Velveteen
  • Innocent Darkness (The Aether Chronicles, #1)
  • Timepiece (Hourglass, #2)
  • Tempest (Tempest, #1)
  • The Alchemy of Forever (Incarnation, #1)
  • When the Sea Is Rising Red (Hobverse #1)
  • Valkyrie Rising (Valkyrie, #1)
  • Dreaming Awake (Falling Under, #2)
  • Auracle
  • Shattered Souls (Souls, #1)
  • Slide (Slide, #1)
  • Sweet Venom (Medusa Girls, #1)
  • Dreamless (Starcrossed, #2)
  • Arise (Hereafter, #2)
I write Young Adult novels. I eat cinnamon bears. I love me some Diet Coke.

My debut book EVERNEATH (the first in a trilogy) comes out Winter 2012 with Balzer and Bray (Harper Collins).

I'm represented by Michael Bourret at Dystel and Goderich Literary Management.
More about Brodi Ashton...

Everneath (3 books)
  • Everbound (Everneath, #2)
  • Evertrue (Everneath, #3)
“Heroes are made by the paths they choose, not the powers they are graced with.” 631 likes
“Remembering is easy. It's forgetting that's hard.” 520 likes