Start by marking “The Wiccan Diaries (The Wiccan Diaries, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Wiccan Diaries (The Wiccan Diaries, #1)

The Wiccan Diaries

(The Wiccan Diaries #1)

On the eve of graduating from her posh New England academy, seventeen-year-old Halsey Rookmaaker receives a disturbing package in the mail, from Rome, Italy. She drops everything--her school, her friends, her future--and sets off, to find the only one who can help her get to the bottom of her past, and to the secrets of what happened to her parents.

Kinsey and Maximilian
Published December 19th 2013 (first published July 20th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Wiccan Diaries, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Wiccan Diaries

Start your review of The Wiccan Diaries (The Wiccan Diaries, #1)
Sea
Sep 03, 2011 rated it it was amazing
For a series foundation book, I thought it did a really good job setting the stage for the story to come. I really like the characters and I like the setting...Rome! There were some deep and well written philosophical parts to the story concerning the battle between light and dark...the author told that story in an exciting scene in the book and it worked well for me. I can't decide if I'm team Lennox or team Ballard, but I want them both to be in Halsey's life. I want to see Halsey's story ...more
Ellory Robbins
Aug 22, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I just read this. It's sort of a blend between supernatural romance books––Twilight, etc.––and the way Young Adult novels––Harry Potter––are written. It's kind of slow to begin, but then it just picks up, up, up! I loved it!

Also, a sequel is in the works, which promises more magic and supernatural surprises! Five stars.
Bri
May 22, 2012 rated it liked it
I thought the story line was really good I like that she was kind of on a hunt to solve a mystery about herself. I wished that there was a little more detail about her discovering who she was and what her powers were. Other than that it was a decent read. If you are looking for YA love story goodness skip it though there are a few moments that get you yearning for a little more Lennox in your life but he is easily forgotten and the love story gets lost in the rest of the story line. I am ...more
Cassidy Stokes
Oct 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-1-12
This book centers around Halsey, a 17 year old orphan girl who went to Rome to find out the truth behind her parents deaths. She also happens to be a witch, but she does not know how to use her powers, or if she really has any. She received a letter from a boy named Ballard form Rome, whose late uncle knew Halsey's parents intimately, and told Ballard tot contact her in a letter. They get to work deciphering the Magus Codex, a grimoire, left behind to Halsey by her parents. One night, Halsey ...more
Maggie Allene
Jul 20, 2012 rated it liked it
2.5 so round up to 3.
Overall review: Meh. The book had a stellar plot line idea but had an iffy execution of it. There were major plot holes as parts of the story were not clearly explained.
The writing was less than stellar. It seemed juvenile to an extent but the author did have some redeeming excerpts. I found the author to be.. What's the word... philosophical? No, thought provoking at points in the story, however these points were too few and far between for my taste.

There were redeeming
Jamie
Sep 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Half of the first page hooked me. I'm in love with this story and I'm only on page 5! Wow...I want to speed read and slowly savor each page at the same time.

As I said, I was hooked from the first page. I found Halsey and her friends and frenemies to be quite believable. I truly appreciated and enjoyed the lack of swearing and the fact that the focus was on the story and not on trying to make every encounter sexual.

The Wiccan Diaries stays true to the Wiccan beliefs (as so far as they get into
May 18, 2014
Latasha Ramsey
Apr 11, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »

The Wiccan Diaries (4 books)
  • Neophyte (The Wiccan Diaries, #2)
  • Adept (The Wiccan Diaries, #3)
  • Fledged (The Wiccan Diaries, #4)