Start by marking “Click, Clack, Quackity-Quack: An Alphabetical Adventure” as Want to Read:
Click, Clack, Quackity-Quack: An Alphabetical Adventure

Click, Clack, Quackity-Quack: An Alphabetical Adventure

(Farmer Brown's Barnyard Tales)

Animals awake beneath blue blankets
Clickety-clack!
The cows on Farmer Brown's farm are typing again. Duck can't wait to show everyone their latest note. Just what are they up to this time? Duck's not telling, but if you follow the alphabet one letter at a time, you'll find out. And you'll have as much fun as the animals are going to have, and learn your letters, too!
Published October 1st 2005 by Atheneum Books for Young Readers (first published September 27th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Click, Clack, Quackity-Quack, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Click, Clack, Quackity-Quack

Start your review of Click, Clack, Quackity-Quack: An Alphabetical Adventure
Archit Ojha
Mar 10, 2018 rated it liked it
Let's have an alphabetic session in Farmer Brown's barnyard. All the animals are supporting the cause. The duck with the pencil shows up again. For the toddlers, the series will prove to be hilarious.
Abigail
Dec 08, 2018 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Readers in the Market for Alphabet Books / Fans of Farmer Brown & His Animal Companions
The animals in Farmer Brown's barn and farmyard get ready for a fun event in this engaging alphabet book. From the first page, on which the "animals awake," through the final sequence, in which they are catching some "zzzzzzzs," their actions are described in brief snippets of text, arranged alphabetically.

Having enjoyed author Doreen Cronin and illustrator Betsy Lewin's previous tales about this animal crew and their madcap adventures, I was curious to see what they would do with the
Nancy Kotkin
Text: 3 stars
Illustrations: 4 stars

Alphabet picture book that tells a story about farm animals going on a picnic. Has 2 words for each letter, except V, X, and Z (which each have only one word). Story is a little slight in this one. Illustrations add humor. Part of Doreen Cronin's farm animal series that also includes Click Clack Moo.
Adriana Brown
Feb 09, 2017 rated it liked it
Ducks are dashing, eggs are emptying, sheep are sleeping and all the animals are speeding in this alphabetical adventure. The book is a fun way for children to learn the alphabet and words that begin with each letter. It's also a good book to use with children while they are learning how to sound out words. The play on words not only follow the alphabet, but also tell a story. In the beginning of the book it says, "Animals awake beneath blue blankets, clickety-clack!" The illustrations help the ...more
Caitlin Olson
Feb 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: el230
I liked this book a lot. It was really cute how it was not a traditional abc book. It made it more unique and interesting. I think that this could be used in the classroom for introducing animals. It could also be a fun prediction lesson where they would guess what was going to happen next and in the end they would be learning to predict.
June
Jun 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: alpabet and picnic requests
A simple alphabet book where the farm animals go to a picnic. Worked well with toddlers. 6/27/12

Used again in Lap Time. 7/24/13

Used in PJ Story time and went over well, it seemed a bit long for lap time, need to see if I can find something better for babies... 7/14/15

First book picked in PJ and had some older toddlers in Lap Time so went over well.
Lindsay Rogers
Great for teaching young ones the alphabet - so much more fun then when I was a kid!
Audrey Ahrens
Sep 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Click, Clack, Quackity-Quack presents a new spin on traditional alphabet books. In this story, readers follow along while the duck types each letter and presents a sentence that starts with the same letter. Each letter relates back to a farm animal or action occurring on the farm, ending with all the animals having a picnic and taking a nap. I think this would be a great addition to any kindergarten classroom because of its unique ability to capture reader's attention using alliteration and the ...more
Lily
Sep 25, 2019 rated it liked it
I liked this book but it didn't really have a story line. However, I know that probably wasn't the point because its an alphabetical book but I always like to read books that make sense in some way. I think it is a great choice for kids to learn their letters and what letter makes what sound. There is a wide range of vocabulary which is great exposure for kids and gives them a chance to read new words than what they're used to. For example, harder words like umbrella, beneath, emptying, and ...more
Mary Kay Davidson
target audience - 2-6 Year Olds

summary –This is a alphabet concept book, the Library marked all the concept books with a C. There are pictures and a letter with short phrases for each letter of the Alphabet.

strengths/weaknesses - The colors are bright primary and easy to see. The short phrases are rhyming. I would have colored the alphabet letters darker, but in this book they are muted gray and seem to be in the background.

personal critique -I like the art work, and the paper stock is heavy
Lexi
Sep 13, 2017 rated it liked it
This book is a good alphabet book for young children of any age. The artwork is very illustated which helps keep the child's attention. The book also uses alliteration which is a good grammar skill for children to learn at a young age and also a fun way of learning it. Also, with alliteration, children will have fun saying them aloud and this helps maintain their attention. The book has illustrations and the letters followed by alliterations on a blank white background which helps the child ...more
Andrew Everson
Sep 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: poetry-novel
I enjoyed this poetic children's novel, it actually made me laugh a little bit. Not only is this book insightful for children trying to learn their ABC's but it makes the giggle and think about what other animals may do. This can be very useful in a classroom setting, and maybe I could ask them if they could think of any other animal that starts with that letter in the alphabet? This book is engaging and quirky and humorous, which I think kids needs to be introduced to at a young age. It makes ...more
MARTA TORRES
Oct 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
This alphabet adventure takes readers on a trip to a farm where a couple of cows are typing up a note. Duck takes the note and dashes to tell everyone what's on the note. The author uses this story to take the reader through the farm to meet all of the farm animals.

Caldecott Honor, Betsy Lewin, illustrated this picture book beautifully. Each character has its own personality that shines though, although very little words were used. The watercolors come together and are vibrant through each
Reade
Mar 07, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: children-s-books
This is an alphabet book that is good for children to read if they are learning the alphabet. This book uses animals and other easy things to describe each letter and give an example on how those letter are used.
3 book topic ideas
1.) This book is good for younger children when learning the letter of the alphabet
2.) You could also use this book for older students to talk about the different words that begin with the letters.
3.) Older students could create their own book with words and animals
Laurie
Oct 07, 2012 rated it liked it
Megan Gavin
Aug 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: easy-to-read
I thought this book was fantastic for young students! It is generally another "A is for Apple" book, but I really like how it associates all of the letters with one theme (the farm). The sentences are usually only two words, but both words start with the highlighted letter, so students can associate and get more practice with words that start with that specific letter.
Stephanie Ewanciw
Jun 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book teaches the alphabet through an adventure of ducks typing on farmer browns farm. Each duck types a letter and gives an example of the letter in a word and then a rhyming word to follow. I would read this book aloud and each page we read I would have the kids act out the animal sound and say/point to the letter the animal starts with. Ages 3-8.
Nathan
Jun 30, 2017 rated it liked it
My one-year-old picked this book as a reward from our library's summer reading program. This is a fairly standard alphabet book, but what I like about it is it has a basic story to follow throughout. Wondering what the duck was up to kept me turning pages and laughing with my son.
Lindsey
Just a couple words per page but it is a fun adventure through the alphabet.
Nereida Garcia
Jun 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: alphabet
I did not realize how many books Doreen Cronin had written and how useful they were. this would be perfect for younger students. They would get to hear a good book while learning their alphabet.
Tegan
Really cute alphabet book!
Karla Winick-Ford
Jan 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Children LOVED this quick alpha book

recommended for the classroom

A+
Cat Juggler
Oct 27, 2017 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: Parents of little ones, Preschool teachers, young readers, grandparents, babysitters....
Fun illustrations.

What...?
Betsy Cypress
Jan 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Normally, I do not like alphabet books. At all. But this is one of my 4 year old’s favorites and I enjoy it too!
Jessica
Apr 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s-books
I loved how this wasn’t the traditional alphabet book. My son hasn’t learned lowercase yet, but I think I will use this book to help teach them to him.
Lynn  Davidson
Aug 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
The animals on the farm are up to something. Letter by letter right through the alphabet the reader is given hints.
Sep 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: for-the-kids
We enjoyed reading this farm-inspired alphabet book. If you like "Click, Clack, Moo" which is by the same author, then you would enjoy this book too.
Miss Sarah
Aug 08, 2018 rated it liked it
An abc adventure where all the animals are moving but where are they heading? a fast and fun read and better if you already know the characters. toddler and up
Robin
Feb 16, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: smart
Liked the art/drawings - just a typical ABC book (not much to get too excited about with the text).
Martin
Opening line/sentence:
Animals awake
beneath blue blankets.
Brief Book Summary:
A duck races around a farm as he encounters different animals doing different things that correspond to the alphabet. Filled with lively alliterations and fun illustrations, this books keeps a reader alert to the sounds of the letters in the alphabet.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• The Pirate of Kindergarten
  • Lift Your Light a Little Higher: The Story of Stephen Bishop: Slave-Explorer
  • Klondike, Do Not Eat Those Cupcakes!
  • If You Give a Pig a Party
  • Thank You, Omu!
  • Penny and Her Marble
  • Who Was Jackie Robinson?
  • Steam Train, Dream Train
  • Flashlight
  • Julius, the Baby of the World
  • A Weekend with Wendell
  • Anno's Counting Book
  • Miss Daisy Is Crazy! (My Weird School, #1)
  • Mr. Klutz Is Nuts! (My Weird School, #2)
  • Strega Nona and Her Tomatoes
  • Wemberly Worried
  • Mrs. Roopy Is Loopy! (My Weird School, #3)
  • Strega Nona and the Twins
Doreen Cronin was a practicing attorney in Manhattan when her first book Click, Clack Moo: Cows That Type became a publishing success. But her book was not published overnight. In fact, she had written this barnyard tale even before attending law school but only received rejection letters from publishers. Five years after submitting the original manuscript she got a call from a publisher who ...more

Farmer Brown's Barnyard Tales (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • Click, Clack, Moo: Cows That Type
  • Giggle, Giggle, Quack
  • Duck for President
  • Click, Clack, Splish, Splash: A Counting Adventure
  • Dooby Dooby Moo
  • Thump, Quack, Moo: A Whacky Adventure
  • Click, Clack, Boo!: A Tricky Treat
  • Click, Clack, Peep!
  • Click, Clack, Ho! Ho! Ho!
  • Click, Clack, Surprise!