Start by marking “Immortal Defender (Immortal Brotherhood, #4)” as Want to Read:
Immortal Defender (Immortal Brotherhood, #4)

Immortal Defender

(Immortal Brotherhood #4)

“Lisa Hendrix does Vikings right! I can’t get enough of this delicious series!”
—Megan Crane, USA Today Bestseller of Edge of Temptation and Edge of Obsession

Return to the realm of the Immortal Brotherhood with a new paranormal romantic adventure featuring a crew of Viking warriors condemned to live out eternity as were-creatures...

In her Defender's strong arms, she has no
Published October 18th 2016 by Berkley

To ask other readers questions about Immortal Defender, please sign up.
Laurla2 this book has been published, but only as an ebook.

Start your review of Immortal Defender (Immortal Brotherhood, #4)
Krissys
Oct 17, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: featured-books, star
Part of a band of Viking warriors cursed by an evil sorceress, Torvald has searched for years for a magic that can free him from his fate—to live forever as a were-creature, a man by night, a stallion by day. While studying with the alchemist to Queen Elizabeth, Torvald meets the lovely widow Josian Delamere and hopes she might be the one woman who can save him.

Unwilling to give up the independence of her widowhood, Josian expects to become merely lovers, but Torvald's tender seductions make her
Mommaang
The description for this book begins, " Readers will remember,,," How in the hell are readers supposed to remember anything when the last book came out in 2011?! The expected release date was formerly listed as "2014". Whelp, Lisa - you have two more days, better get typing!

I am so tired of these authors missing their release dates (Ahem, Sylvia Day). If the publishers are pushing for earlier release dates than you can meet - be honest with them (and to your readers) & stick to a more reasonable
Megan
Oct 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The Immortal Defender was definitely a book I didn't see coming! I don't know exactly what I was expecting but this book definitely exceeded in preconceived notions about vikings, stallions and shape-shifters.

The Immortal Defender is about a man who is trying to break this curse that allows him to be man by night and yet stallion by day. At first I thought the whole stallion thing was a little funny and more of a joke than anything else, yet the author created the curse to be a burden and as I g
Lisa - (Aussie Girl)
After a long five year wait Lisa Hendrix has finally resumed her amazing series The Immortal Brotherhood. An imaginative melding of paranormal legend and historical romance the tale started over seven hundred years ago when a Viking raiding party was cursed by an evil witch, that each of the nine men would become their token animal for either the day or the night. A curse that could only be broken by finding each of their amulets the witch used in her spell and of course their true love.

In Immo
Beverly Diehl
I have been waiting to read Torvald and Josian's story for such a long time! And it does not disappoint. Set in Elizabethan England, Torvald is cursed to spend his days as a horse, while becoming a man when the sun sets. Josian is a widow (love a heroine who's a widow, so different!) who is enamored with Torvald, but when she comes upon him at his time of transformation, she believes him and his similarly cursed friends to be demons. Complications ensue, and Will Shakespeare lends a hand.

Disclai
Jaycee Jarvis
Jun 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: historic-fantasy
This is the long awaited 4th book in a historic paranormal romance series. If you enjoyed the other books in the immortal brotherhood series, this one does not disappoint. I love the blend of history and magic!
Ken Liljengren
Dec 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a nice read.

Ken
D Boyd
Apr 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I Love this series. I cannot wait for the next book !!
Mimi
Dec 05, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I had pretty much given up on reading the continuation of this series. Therefore, I was quite surprised to find out that the Immortal Brotherhood was finally continuing with Torvald's story. It took a while for me to recall the various characters and their unusual cursed lives. Josian and Torvald's story has its ups and downs but the ending was good. I thought there was a bit too much emphasis and repetition about the "change" each sunrise and sunset. Also, there was not as much interference by ...more
TRACY CLIMER
Oct 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Finally

I have been waiting for this book for awhile. It did not disappoint. It took me a bit to recall the first two stories and the characters. But soon it all came back and I was pleased with this story. Can't wait for the others.
Laurla2
worth waiting for, but damn that was a long wait!

at the end of this book the author promises she's going to finish the series, but I cant find anything more from her online and her webpage seems unfinished and outdated.
Leona
Sep 09, 2016 rated it it was ok
Reviewed for RT Book Reviews
Holly
Oct 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loved it: Cursed immortal Viking shifters. Beautifully written. Elizabethan intrigue & politics. Magic. Hot sex. What’s not to like? Can't wait for the next! ...more
Tracy's Place
Oct 18, 2016 rated it liked it
3.5 out of 5
Lisa Coughlin
Jan 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Better and better

I can't wait until the next instalment. The fact that each hero finds his love in a different time period is a novel twist.
Suky
Nov 28, 2018
diana  cogar
Feb 19, 2017
Thelma Cubic
rated it did not like it
Sep 13, 2018
Stephanie
Apr 21, 2018
Roxane Beck
Apr 30, 2012

• Moon Craving (Children of the Moon, #2)
  • Dragon's Moon (Children of the Moon, #4)
  • Moon Awakening (Children of the Moon, #1)
  • Momo
  • Tormod (Immortal Highlander #4)
  • Loki: Where Mischief Lies
  • Batman/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II
  • Batman/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
  • Hellboy Omnibus Volume 1: Seed of Destruction
  • Stealing Sophie
  • Wolverine/Gambit: Victims
  • Shattered Rainbows (Fallen Angels, #5)
  • One Perfect Rose (Fallen Angels #7)
  • Gavin (Immortal Highlander, #5)
  • Fables, Vol. 1: Legends in Exile
  • X-Men Visionaries: Joe Madureira
  • Good Earl Hunting
  • The Laird of Stonehaven
Lisa Hendrix grew up in the small towns and 'burbs of Colorado, reading anything she could get her hands on, from fantasy to history to collections of folk tales. Her ongoing Immortal Brotherhood series brings those influences together with cursed Viking warriors in a world where history and myth collide to create love stories for the ages.

Having successfully launched two competent young adults in

Immortal Brotherhood (5 books)
  • Immortal Warrior (Immortal Brotherhood, #1)
  • Immortal Outlaw (Immortal Brotherhood, #2)
  • Immortal Champion (Immortal Brotherhood, #3)
  • Tales of the Valkyries