Start by marking “Magic Breaks (Kate Daniels, #7)” as Want to Read:
Magic Breaks (Kate Daniels, #7)

Magic Breaks (Kate Daniels #7)

4.54 of 5 stars 4.54  ·  rating details  ·  15,061 ratings  ·  1,655 reviews
No matter how much the paranormal politics of Atlanta change, one thing always remains the same: if there’s trouble, Kate Daniels will be in the middle of it…

As the mate of the Beast Lord, Curran, former mercenary Kate Daniels has more responsibilities than it seems possible to juggle. Not only is she still struggling to keep her investigative business afloat, she must now
Published July 29th 2014 by Ace Hardcover

To ask other readers questions about Magic Breaks, please sign up.

Margaret Kate has the same type of magic as her father Roland. He has the ability to keep his people young with his magic so Kate could probably keep her…moreKate has the same type of magic as her father Roland. He has the ability to keep his people young with his magic so Kate could probably keep her people (Curan, Julie, Derek) young also by extending her magic to them. Knowing Curran he's probably happy she will live a long life with or without him.(less)
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Margaret The author has described the weird green and purple sun block the people use on their vampires on a number of occasions in various sequels maybe she…moreThe author has described the weird green and purple sun block the people use on their vampires on a number of occasions in various sequels maybe she just figured we all knew by now how her world works...(less)

Navessa
Shit.

I'm not going to post a full review until closer to the release date per the publisher's request. So for now, I'll say that I had high hopes for this, and I'm pretty bummed that they weren't met. I didn't enjoy the previous book thanks to the contrived relationship angst (among other things), but I still had full faith in this series. I'm sad to say that it's beginning to slip. My main gripes:

- Plot filler abounds
- WTFery
- Deus ex machina
- Plot holes
- No chemistry
- Anti-Kate behavior
- Anti
Jen (Red Hot Books)
Ilona Andrews rocks my world. For real. This book is absolutely a must-read for any Kate Daniels fan. It features everything I love about the series. It's funny, in that wonderful, dry, sarcastic way that the Andrews team does so well. It's action-packed. It's got heart --and history. The world-building is fantastic and consistent. The characters are rich and well developed. It's got a romance I believe it. Satisfying sex. And. It. Is. Epic. The story is so big, the Andrews had to write a discla ...more
Karen
Maya  ~the Pessimistic Happy Cat~
.· .·*) .·*)
(.· (.·3,5 Stars

So... I just finished Magic Breaks, a book I have been waiting for !!364!! Days and I can't help but feel disappointed.
It was still good but not as good as Magic Rises [btw still fangirling about that one]. Maybe my expectations were too high or this book is just introducing us into the new developments that take place in this series but still I feel a little bit let down. :(

I will keep my review short; just 3 good and 3 bad things about the book ;)

What I liked:

Felicia
My favorite urban fantasy series totally delivers on this SEVENTH installment of Kate Daniels?! Damn, that's a lot of books! VERY satisfying ending to a lot of overarching storylines set up back in book one. Not as much romance, but the action and interaction between the characters made up for it. The fight scenes, as usual, were HELLA awesome. I just can't recommend this series enough if you want a fun adventure with a kick-ass lady lead and a bit of supernatural romance throw in to boot (but n ...more
Maja (The Nocturnal Library)
For Ilona and Andrew Gordon, the husband-and-wife writing team behind the pen name Ilona Andrews, Magic Breaks is the ultimate show of strength. These two have nothing left to prove, their writing is reliably excellent and funny as all get-out. It’s been a long, long time since I’ve felt any trepidation when buying one of their new releases. Magic Breaks is the book in which all their skill and their significant experience come to light.

This is a pivotal point in the Kate Daniels series – a seve
Ferdy
3.5 stars - Spoilers

I'm not quite sure how I feel about Magic Breaks, in some ways I hated it with a burning passion and in others I absolutely bloody loved it. What I do know is that it was a definite improvement from the last book, which read like a silly teeny-bopper book with lots of misunderstandings, insecurity, douchery, and female doormatery. Thankfully, there wasn't any of it that rubbish in this one.

-The first half of the book really dragged for me, there were moments that were wonderf
mich
With all the mother-effing ARCs floating around a few months ago and all the KD craze I’ve been seeing lately, it is a goddamn miracle that I somehow managed to go into this book blind and unaffected by anyone else’s opinion. And I’ll be damned if I do it to you so if you haven’t read this book yet -- JUST STOP! Stop reading reviews and just read the fricken book! (this is a big reason why I binge-read these books on release day -- because I REFUSE to be spoiled even a teeny tiny bit by other pe ...more
Jo ★The Book Sloth★
4.75 Stars

I'm wondering if I can write a review which consists of more than...

There will be many and major SPOILERS in the review. If you haven't read the book then I wouldn't advise continuing.

Let's start from the beginning...

First 2/3 of the book and Curran is nowhere to be found. He's gone off to make a deal with another pack and Kate has to deal with anything pack realted until he returns. Of course this is exactly the time when the shit hit the fan.

Hugh shows up at the Conclave (a meeting
Erica Ravenclaw

No spoilers and colorful language abound! I promise, no spoilers at all, I barely even talk about the plot because spoilers suck.

photo anigif_enhanced-24407-1403807368-10_zpsde931485.gif
I have been waiting for this, and it is everything I didn't know I wanted.

It's moments like this that I question why the hell I even try to review books. I clearly have nothing intelligent to add to the conversation, I'm all over here like HEY GUYS HEY YEAH THIS IS AWESOME, GUYS! GUYS? NO REALLY, IT IS. I LOVE IT.

photo anigif_enhanced-17333-1400015600-22_zps7793adf2.gif

Then I have to check myself because I'm an adul
Evgeny
Buddy read with Armina, Eilonwy, Asya, and Monty Cupcake.

Curran had to go away because somebody set an extremely poor disguised trap for him (did anybody had any doubts it was a trap made to draw him away from the very beginning?). Now it is up to Kate to attend a meeting between the two most powerful groups in Atlanta: the People (the vampire masters) and the Pack (the Shapeshifters); Kate represents the latter. Once again, even a blind person with extreme mental deficiency would not smell anot
Glass
Series review also posted at Ja čitam, a ti?

It's been ages since I read urban fantasy or binge-read long series, and I've had my eye on Kate Daniels ever since Tanja (and several of our friends) raved about how amazing it is. So, I finally picked it up. Did I like it? YES!

Five kick-ass, awesome things about Kate Daniels series

- Main female character. What I like the most in books I read is strong women and there are a lot of those here. Kate has come close to dethroning my ultimate girl crush
Robin (Bridge Four)
3.5 Roland You Are a Bad-Ass Stars rounded to 4 stars because of my love affair with all things Ilona Andrews.

“How did I turn out? Are you proud of the monster you made?”

I really don’t want to spoil anything for anyone so I will have a lengthy thoughts, feelings and theories in the spoiler section at the bottom. WARNING: Do not click on the spoiler tag unless you want to know almost everything that happened in this book.

It has been a week since I read this and I feel like I can at least put my
Jessica ❁ Elsecaller ❁ at Rabid Reads
Still refraining from writing my review--still working through my thoughts. BUT . . . for now, I leave you with this:

description

PS: This book makes me wish I had TWO that-bastard shelves. Maybe three . . .

My other reviews for this series:

Magic Bites, Kate Daniels #1
Magic Rises, Kate Daniels #6
Magic Shifts, Kate Daniels #8
Curran POV Collection
Melindeeloo
4.5 stars = I really really liked it:)
Back in Atlanta, after having survived an encounter with her father’s second in command, Kate knows that now she’s on Roland’s radar and is just waiting for the other shoe to drop when one of the leaders of the People is murdered and evidence points to a shape shifter as the killer.

A few months back I listened to a book chat with Gordon and Ilona in which they said that everything cool was happening in this book. It's true, lots of cool things happen – and
Naoms
Originally Posted on: Confessions of an Opinionated Book Geek

I’m going to try my best to write a serious review with a minimum amount of gushing, but it will be hard, because I absolutely loved this book.

It was just every single thing I love about urban fantasy. Action packed with magic and magical creatures. It was funny and sad and filled with romance. A roller coaster of emotions that took me on a wild ride, so, yes I am going to attempt not to gush, but guys it’s going to be hard.

Kate Daniel
VampireNovelFan
Magic Breaks (Kate Daniels, #7) by Ilona Andrews

I know I’m late to the party on this one. I surprise even myself, especially since I read Burn for Me first! *slaps self* Bad bad! But I finally got around to it. Ilona Andrews is like old faithful. You know you’re getting a good read no matter what. While I thought this was a good book, it wasn’t my favorite. There’s a ton of action and it definitely meets the level we’ve come to expect from them. This one wasn’t a quotable for me as past books
Aly is so frigging bored
Buddy read with Jo

What a ride! I can't imagine what the Andrews will throw at Curran and Kate next.

“I love you,” I told him. There. Nice and simple. “I knew you would find me.”
He smiled at me. “I would never stop looking.”

When the cat and the bunny make love =>

The Bunnycat:
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
The wait is over and it's is well worth it. Kate returns in Magic Breaks. This a must buy and immediately read book. In Magic Breaks, all hell breaks loose when Hugh d’Ambray returns to start a war between the People and the Pack. With the Pack's attention split in three different directions, it seems Hugh is succeeding with his divide and conquer strategy.

This is definitely not a standalone book. To fully appreciate this book, all the previous books must be read. This is the beginning of the en
Angela
23 January 2015: $3.64 on Kindle

I really should write my review at some point. Time for a re-read. ^_^

Pre-read thoughts:
Q&A from Ilona Andrews blog (read only if you've finished Magic Rises)

(view spoiler)
Armina

Buddy read with Eilonwy , Evgeny , Asya , Monty Cupcake , Gavin , Desinka

Ah .... tough to rate! I'm settling on 4 stars for now. Review to come after Friday.
I've said it before but I'll say it again - I'm an Ilona & Gordon Andrews fan girl, in fact, I'm a total addict of this series and Kate & Curran are one of my favourite fictional couples ever. So it would be fair to say that I was excited to get my hands on an advanced copy of Magic Breaks. In fact I was so excited about it that I actually read it twice before the release date - that's how fantastic this book is. So, you're probably wondering why it has taken me so long to write this rev ...more
Gavin
I really enjoyed this installment of the Kate Daniels series. So much so that it is probably my favorite of the whole series.

This book picked up where the last one left off. Kate and Co are back safely in Atlanta, but know that it is only a matter of time before Hugh and Roland show up. And true to form it does not take the villainous Hugh long to arrive and start causing problems for Kate and the Pack.

I enjoyed the plot. The early parts of the book was filled with Kate dealing with normal Pac
Sharon ✽ is an emotional book junkie ✽
Even the strongest need someone to lean on sometimes and that's exactly how it is with Kate and Curran. They are always there for each other No. Matter. What.

I was a little nervous with this book being the end of the story arc but with three more books to be written. I had all kinds of possibilities figured out...all ending with Kate kicking Roland's ass!! Luckily, Ilona and Gordon write things so much better than I could even imagine.

Before the actual story even starts, there is a character li
Susana

Let me just give you an inkling, of how my relationship with the Kate Daniels series used to be:
(excerpts taken from my reviews)

Magic Bites #1:
"This series has in this book a very promising start. Kate Daniels is an independent _ by force of the circumstances _ strong and with no regard of diplomacy, kick-ass character(..)"

Magic Burns #2
"Non stop action. That's what you get when you read a Kate Daniels book."

Magic Strikes #3
"Truly and utterly amazing."
(not trying to be concise he
Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
“Stay with me,” he said.
“Always,” I told him.

My casting:

PS! I think I have a problem because I kinda like Roland.. I want him to be a good father.. Am I crazy?
Mihir

For all Ilona Andrews fans, this has been the book that we have been waiting for. Magic Breaks is the first time when Roland makes an appearance and is about the introduction/confrontation of him & Kate. However this is not the FINAL book in the series, we are assured of three more (atleast)...

Magic Breaks is set after the tumultuous events of Magic Rises and after the cross-Atlantic journey, Kate is not sure what to expect next. Things have settled comfortably with the Atlanta pack as Curr
Jen
Kate and Curran

Um, wow? THIS is what should have happened in Night Broken. How awesome is Curran? I cannot wait to see what happens next.

Call me weird, but I still kind of like Hugh. And Roland....what a wild card, eh?

Joint review with Angela to come on Fiction Vixen Book Reviews
Anzu The Great Destroyer
I can't seem to get myself to hate Hugh. He's a psycho. He's fucked up in the head. He keeps on hurting Kate. He keeps on beating Curran up. He's killing everyone. Yet I get giddy every time he makes an appearance.

I need to get my shit together and hate the bastard.

Sigh.

P.S. Where's my Roman? -_-
  • Curran POV Collection
  • Shifting Shadows: Stories from the World of Mercy Thompson
  • Murder of Crows (The Others, #2)
  • Night Blade (Colbana Files, #2)
  • Banishing the Dark (Arcadia Bell, #4)
  • Broken Soul (Jane Yellowrock, #8)
  • The Winter Long (October Daye, #8)
  • Head Rush (The Disillusionists Trilogy, #3)
  • Wrong Ways Down (Downside Ghosts, #1.5)
  • Archangel's Shadows (Guild Hunter, #7)
  • Fury's Kiss (Dorina Basarab, #3)
Ilona Andrews is the pseudonym for a husband-and-wife writing team. author2sm“Ilona is a native-born Russian and Gordon is a former communications sergeant in the U.S. Army. Contrary to popular belief, Gordon was never an intelligence officer with a license to kill, and Ilona was never the mysterious Russian spy who seduced him. They met in college, in English Composition 101, where Ilona got a be ...more
More about Ilona Andrews...

Kate Daniels (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Magic Bites (Kate Daniels, #1)
  • Magic Burns (Kate Daniels, #2)
  • Magic Strikes (Kate Daniels, #3)
  • Magic Bleeds (Kate Daniels, #4)
  • Magic Slays (Kate Daniels, #5)
  • Magic Tests (Kate Daniels, #5.3)
  • Magic Rises (Kate Daniels, #6)
  • Magic Shifts (Kate Daniels, #8)
  • Untitled (Kate Daniels, #9)
  • A Kate Daniels Magic Series Collection (Kate Daniels, #1-5)
Magic Bites (Kate Daniels, #1) Magic Strikes (Kate Daniels, #3) Magic Bleeds (Kate Daniels, #4) Magic Burns (Kate Daniels, #2) Magic Slays (Kate Daniels, #5)

“Desandra shrugged her shoulders. "Hey, Kate? Have you thought of walking up to Hugh and telling him that he's got the biggest dick ever?" She spread her arms to the size of a baseball bat.
"No, you think it would work?" I asked.
"It's worth a try. May be he'll be so happy you noticed his pork sword, he'll forget all about trying to kill us."
Pork sword. Kill me now. "I'll think about it."
Ascanio began patting his clothes.
"What?" Derek growled.
"Looking for something to take notes with.”
67 likes
“Quick, Derek, it's your chance to shine," Ascanio said.
Derek gave him a withering look.
"Desandra is a mother, Robert is married, Kate's affianced, and I'm an old soul. You're the closest thing to a virgin we've got. Get on with growing some flowing locks.”
67 likes