Start by marking “Magic Breaks (Kate Daniels, #7)” as Want to Read:
Magic Breaks (Kate Daniels, #7)

Magic Breaks (Kate Daniels #7)

4.53  ·  Rating Details ·  25,094 Ratings  ·  2,199 Reviews
No matter how much the paranormal politics of Atlanta change, one thing always remains the same: if there’s trouble, Kate Daniels will be in the middle of it…

As the mate of the Beast Lord, Curran, former mercenary Kate Daniels has more responsibilities than it seems possible to juggle. Not only is she still struggling to keep her investigative business afloat, she must now
Published July 29th 2014 by Ace Hardcover

To ask other readers questions about Magic Breaks, please sign up.

Margaret Kate has the same type of magic as her father Roland. He has the ability to keep his people young with his magic so Kate could probably keep her…moreKate has the same type of magic as her father Roland. He has the ability to keep his people young with his magic so Kate could probably keep her people (Curan, Julie, Derek) young also by extending her magic to them. Knowing Curran he's probably happy she will live a long life with or without him.(less)

Navessa
Aug 02, 2013 Navessa rated it liked it
Shelves: shifters, badass-mc
Shit.

I had high hopes for this, and I'm pretty bummed that they weren't met. I didn't enjoy the previous book thanks to the contrived relationship angst (among other things), but I still had full faith in this series. I'm sad to say that it's beginning to slip. My main gripes:

- Plot filler abounds
- Anti-Kate behavior
- Anticlimactic
- Cheesy ending
- FUCKING RABBIT HOLE

Seriously, that last one. This was me for over half of this book:

The other hal
Katie Michaels
May 18, 2014 Katie Michaels rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Ilona Andrews rocks my world. For real. This book is absolutely a must-read for any Kate Daniels fan. It features everything I love about the series. It's funny, in that wonderful, dry, sarcastic way that the Andrews team does so well. It's action-packed. It's got heart --and history. The world-building is fantastic and consistent. The characters are rich and well developed. It's got a romance I believe in. Satisfying sex. And. It. Is. Epic. The story is so big, the Andrews had to write a discla ...more
Robin (Bridge Four)
Reread of the Kate Daniels series with my friends at Ilona Andrews Addicts (IAA) only a few weeks to go before Magic Binds comes out.

What is it with this series. Everytime I reread a book in it I love everything even more.

Original Review July 2014:

3.5 Roland You Are a Bad-Ass Stars rounded to 4 stars because of my love affair with all things Ilona Andrews.

“How did I turn out? Are you proud of the monster you made?”

I really don’t want to spoil anything for anyone so I will have a lengthy tho
✘✘ Sarah ✘✘ (former Nefarious Breeder of Murderous Crustaceans)
KD is the Cure to All of Life's Problems Buddy Read (KDitCtAoLPBR™) with my dear wife Ange, and the poor IAA souls who have fallen into our deathly KD Surprise Reread Trap (KSRT™).

Last rererereread: August 2016.

Previous rating: 15 stars
New rating: no longer counting Kate Daniels Stars (KDS™), remember? It's useless, my Little Barnacles! It's useless!

It has recently come to my attention that some of you think I'm very slightly biased when it comes to everything written by the Andrews (cer
Felicia
Nov 01, 2014 Felicia rated it it was amazing
My favorite urban fantasy series totally delivers on this SEVENTH installment of Kate Daniels?! Damn, that's a lot of books! VERY satisfying ending to a lot of overarching storylines set up back in book one. Not as much romance, but the action and interaction between the characters made up for it. The fight scenes, as usual, were HELLA awesome. I just can't recommend this series enough if you want a fun adventure with a kick-ass lady lead and a bit of supernatural romance throw in to boot (but n ...more
Karen
Feb 13, 2013 Karen rated it really liked it
Maya  ~the Pessimistic Happy Cat~
Aug 03, 2013 Maya ~the Pessimistic Happy Cat~ rated it really liked it
Shelves: pnr, 2014
.· .·*) .·*)
(.· (.·3,5 Stars

So... I just finished Magic Breaks, a book I have been waiting for !!364!! Days and I can't help but feel disappointed.
It was still good but not as good as Magic Rises [btw still fangirling about that one]. Maybe my expectations were too high or this book is just introducing us into the new developments that take place in this series but still I feel a little bit let down. :(

I will keep my review short; just 3 good and 3 bad things about the book ;)

What I liked:

Sophia Triad
"Death is forever. Death is nothing. But to save a life, that's everything."

But unfortunately deep down everything is politics and diplomacy…

• Kate has to behave appropriately in front of the Pack.
• Kate has to behave and talk correctly in front of the Pack council.
• The Pack needs to be reserved with Curran (although not really too reserved with his consort).
• The Pack members have to respect hierarchy and follow Alpha’s decisions even if they are stupid.
• The Pack council needs to have a cer
Maja (The Nocturnal Library)
For Ilona and Andrew Gordon, the husband-and-wife writing team behind the pen name Ilona Andrews, Magic Breaks is the ultimate show of strength. These two have nothing left to prove, their writing is reliably excellent and funny as all get-out. It’s been a long, long time since I’ve felt any trepidation when buying one of their new releases. Magic Breaks is the book in which all their skill and their significant experience come to light.

This is a pivotal point in the Kate Daniels series – a seve
Ferdy
3.5 stars - Spoilers

I'm not quite sure how I feel about Magic Breaks, in some ways I hated it with a burning passion and in others I absolutely bloody loved it. What I do know is that it was a definite improvement from the last book, which read like a silly teeny-bopper book with lots of misunderstandings, insecurity, douchery, and female doormatery. Thankfully, there wasn't any of it that rubbish in this one.

-The first half of the book really dragged for me, there were moments that were wonderf
mich
With all the mother-effing ARCs floating around a few months ago and all the KD craze I’ve been seeing lately, it is a goddamn miracle that I somehow managed to go into this book blind and unaffected by anyone else’s opinion. And I’ll be damned if I do it to you so if you haven’t read this book yet -- JUST STOP! Stop reading reviews and just read the fricken book! (this is a big reason why I binge-read these books on release day -- because I REFUSE to be spoiled even a teeny tiny bit by other pe ...more
♔ Jaela ♊ Killer ⚔ QUEEN
First read August 2014, rating 4 stars
Second read May 2016, rating 5 stars

I really loved the book this time. This changes everything. So many important things happened. So many changes and new developments.

* Spoilers *

Firstly, I liked that Curran was missing for a good part of the book. I liked seeing Kate working and fighting alone. Her interactions with Hugh are so epic. I know they'll never be together, but I can't ignore their chemistry.

“Don’t bring my people into it,” I said. “I’ll make
Jo ★The Book Sloth★
4.75 Stars

I'm wondering if I can write a review which consists of more than...

There will be many and major SPOILERS in the review. If you haven't read the book then I wouldn't advise continuing.

Let's start from the beginning...

First 2/3 of the book and Curran is nowhere to be found. He's gone off to make a deal with another pack and Kate has to deal with anything pack realted until he returns. Of course this is exactly the time when the shit hit the fan.

Hugh shows up at the Conclave (a meeting
Erica Ravenclaw
Dec 09, 2013 Erica Ravenclaw rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, for-review
☆ ☆ ☆ ☆
No spoilers and colorful language abound! I promise, no spoilers at all, I barely even talk about the plot because spoilers suck.

photo anigif_enhanced-24407-1403807368-10_zpsde931485.gif
I have been waiting for this, and it is everything I didn't know I wanted.

It's moments like this that I question why the hell I even try to review books. I clearly have nothing intelligent to add to the conversation, I'm all over here like HEY GUYS HEY YEAH THIS IS AWESOME, GUYS! GUYS? NO REALLY, IT IS. I LOVE IT.

photo anigif_enhanced-17333-1400015600-22_zps7793adf2.gif

Then I have to check myself because I'm an
Brad
Jul 13, 2016 Brad rated it it was amazing
Want epicbadassery? Well, don't let the opening of the book fool you, this one ends with a real bang.

And you know what? There's a MINIMUM of relationship miscommunications! WOOOO WOOOO... of course, that's only because Curran's out of town for a big portion of the book, but isn't that how it always is? The only way to prevent relationship troubles is to make sure there's lots of out of town business meetings. Yeah. Right? No.

Of course Kate gets thrown into the blowback from the previous novel. O
Sh3lly ✨ Bring on the Weird ✨
First Read October 2014: 3 Stars
Second Read July 2015: 4 Stars

I enjoyed this more the second time through, so I am bumping the rating up a star. Although I still think there was way too much filler in the beginning. This is kind of an offbeat edition to the Kate Daniels world ... parts of it were amazing and other parts annoyed me. It has several stories happening within the book and it just flows kind of weird overall. However, when it was good, it really REALLY good.

The best parts for me wer
Evgeny
Dec 01, 2014 Evgeny rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy
Buddy read with Armina, Eilonwy, Asya, and Monty Cupcake.

Curran had to go away because somebody set an extremely poor disguised trap for him (did anybody had any doubts it was a trap made to draw him away from the very beginning?). Now it is up to Kate to attend a meeting between the two most powerful groups in Atlanta: the People (the vampire masters) and the Pack (the Shapeshifters); Kate represents the latter. Once again, even a blind person with extreme mental deficiency would not smell anot
Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads
Still refraining from writing my review--still working through my thoughts. BUT . . . for now, I leave you with this:

description

PS: This book makes me wish I had TWO that-bastard shelves. Maybe three . . .

My other reviews for this series:

Magic Bites, Kate Daniels #1
Magic Stars, Kate Daniels #8.5
Magic Binds (Kate Daniels
Carol.
Jul 30, 2014 Carol. rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: series fans. but start with book one.

I re-read this yesterday as a way of keeping awake post night shift (switching one's body clock around can be a pain in the neck. Sometimes literally). It's a challenging reading mood--I need something to engage me without too much brain-work, but not stupid enough that I lose my very limited patience. And what do you know? Magic Breaks worked.

At first, there were doubts, largely arising out of the structure and pacing of the initial pages. Magic Breaks opens with a 'Thank you to the readers,' w
Glass
Series review also posted at Ja čitam, a ti?

It's been ages since I read urban fantasy or binge-read long series, and I've had my eye on Kate Daniels ever since Tanja (and several of our friends) raved about how amazing it is. So, I finally picked it up. Did I like it? YES!

Five kick-ass, awesome things about Kate Daniels series

- Main female character. What I like the most in books I read is strong women and there are a lot of those here. Kate has come close to dethroning my ultimate girl crush
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
Started off slow but I couldn't put it down in the end. Ilona Andrews never lets me down.
Angela
August 2016 re-read: I've loved this book every time I read it, but I appreciate it even more on this read. I don't know what to say - beyond what I've said - because there are so many things happening that to say anything is to spoil. But there are nuances that I can see now that I just missed before.

I'm loving this re-read. I both love and hate when each new book comes out. I get more story, but I'm one step closer to the edge.

October 2015 re-read: This is my second or third read of this book
Layla ✷ Praise the sun ✷
Jun 04, 2016 Layla ✷ Praise the sun ✷ rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, fantasy
Re read at Ilona Andrews Addicts because Magic Binds will be released on September 20th

This is my favorite book in the series besides Magic Strikes.

(view spoiler)
Aly is so frigging bored
2nd read: August 2016

1st read: 29th July 2014
Buddy read with Jo

What a ride! I can't imagine what the Andrews will throw at Curran and Kate next.

“I love you,” I told him. There. Nice and simple. “I knew you would find me.”
He smiled at me. “I would never stop looking.”

When the cat and the bunny make love =>

The Bunnycat:
J.L.   Sutton
Feb 22, 2016 J.L. Sutton rated it really liked it
At times, Magic Breaks seemed almost too action-packed. This was a fun read, though, and I really like heroines who solve problems and save other people (rather than waiting to be saved themselves). 3.5 Stars.
Melindeeloo
4.5 stars = I really really liked it:)
Back in Atlanta, after having survived an encounter with her father’s second in command, Kate knows that now she’s on Roland’s radar and is just waiting for the other shoe to drop when one of the leaders of the People is murdered and evidence points to a shape shifter as the killer.

A few months back I listened to a book chat with Gordon and Ilona in which they said that everything cool was happening in this book. It's true, lots of cool things happen – and
Anzu The Great Destroyer
I can't seem to get myself to hate Hugh. He's a psycho. He's fucked up in the head. He keeps on hurting Kate. He keeps on beating Curran up. He's killing everyone. Yet I get giddy every time he makes an appearance.

I need to get my shit together and hate the bastard.

Sigh.

P.S. Where's my Roman? -_-
Veronica Belmont
Aug 04, 2015 Veronica Belmont rated it it was amazing
I hate having to wait for the next one! I love this series. Kate is such an awesome character, and I always have fun when I read these books.

EDIT: I don't have to wait to read the next one it's already out life is amazing!!!
Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
Re-read: 20.09.2016
I totally love Roland. Can't help it.
“Stay with me,” he said.
“Always,” I told him.

PS! I think I have a problem because I kinda like Roland.. I want him to be a good father.. Am I crazy?
Naoms
Originally Posted on: Confessions of an Opinionated Book Geek

I’m going to try my best to write a serious review with a minimum amount of gushing, but it will be hard, because I absolutely loved this book.

It was just every single thing I love about urban fantasy. Action packed with magic and magical creatures. It was funny and sad and filled with romance. A roller coaster of emotions that took me on a wild ride, so, yes I am going to attempt not to gush, but guys it’s going to be hard.

Kate Daniel
  • Curran POV Collection
  • Binding the Shadows (Arcadia Bell, #3)
  • Night Blade (Colbana Files, #2)
  • Murder of Crows (The Others, #2)
  • Black Arts (Jane Yellowrock, #7)
  • Night Broken (Mercy Thompson, #8)
  • Wrong Ways Down (Downside Ghosts, #1.5)
  • Chimes at Midnight (October Daye, #7)
Ilona Andrews is the pseudonym for a husband-and-wife writing team. author2sm“Ilona is a native-born Russian and Gordon is a former communications sergeant in the U.S. Army. Contrary to popular belief, Gordon was never an intelligence officer with a license to kill, and Ilona was never the mysterious Russian spy who seduced him. They met in college, in English Composition 101, where Ilona got a be ...more
More about Ilona Andrews...

Kate Daniels (10 books)
  • Magic Bites (Kate Daniels, #1)
  • Magic Burns (Kate Daniels, #2)
  • Magic Strikes (Kate Daniels, #3)
  • Magic Bleeds (Kate Daniels, #4)
  • Magic Slays (Kate Daniels, #5)
  • Magic Rises (Kate Daniels, #6)
  • Magic Shifts (Kate Daniels, #8)
  • Magic Binds (Kate Daniels, #9)
  • Untitled (Kate Daniels, #10)

“Desandra shrugged her shoulders. "Hey, Kate? Have you thought of walking up to Hugh and telling him that he's got the biggest dick ever?" She spread her arms to the size of a baseball bat.
"No, you think it would work?" I asked.
"It's worth a try. May be he'll be so happy you noticed his pork sword, he'll forget all about trying to kill us."
Pork sword. Kill me now. "I'll think about it."
Ascanio began patting his clothes.
"What?" Derek growled.
"Looking for something to take notes with.”
98 likes
“Quick, Derek, it's your chance to shine," Ascanio said.
Derek gave him a withering look.
"Desandra is a mother, Robert is married, Kate's affianced, and I'm an old soul. You're the closest thing to a virgin we've got. Get on with growing some flowing locks.”
92 likes