Start by marking “In Search Of The Far Side” as Want to Read:
In Search Of The Far Side

In Search Of The Far Side (Far Side Collection #3)

4.4  ·  Rating details ·  1,339 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
THE FAR SIDE is back! Gary Larson, America's bestselling cartoonist, strikes another blow against sanity in a new excursion into outrage and hysteria. Read it- but only with the lights on...
Published 2003 by Time Warner Paperbacks (first published January 1st 1984)

To ask other readers questions about In Search Of The Far Side, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In Search Of The Far Side

Kevin Keating
Oct 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love all these books! Never fails to make me guffaw!
Laurel Kathleen
Same as it ever was :)
Kelly
Many I didn't understand, but still humorous.
Conan Tigard
Nov 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In Search of The Far Side is even funnier than the first two, The Far Side and Beyond The Far Side. The book is a fairly quick read since there are only 100 panels. This means that it is about one-third of a year of comic strips.

Gary Larson takes us to new heights in belly-jiggling laughter as he parodies human nature. How many stupid things can a man do? Are animals really as dumb as they look, or do they actually do smart things when we are not looking? All of these answers can be found in th
Nathan Burgoine
Jul 02, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
More Larson humour, and as always, good for a solid chuckle or three, full of warped humour and sarcasm. I had all the books separately, and then, working at the bookstore, there was a leather-bound collection of all the comics, ever, and I caved. One by one, the individual books were released through bookcrossing. And then, when it was all done, I ended up giving the giant collection away.

Still, if you've read any Larson before, you know what you're in for. This is more of the (excellent) same.
P.H. Wilson
Jun 04, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Real rating: 3.7/10
The farside is the anti-humour of the comic world, most of the jokes are not jokes but statements with humorous pictures. It also sports a striking similarity to the New Yorker cartoons in the sense that people laugh at it even when they do not understand it, because in the end a cow looking cross is funny on such a base level that a flat joke gets treated with a higher regard.
David Caldwell
When I was working in any of the many bookstores where I was employed and I did not want (or have the time) to read my current book, I would grab one of these collections to read on my too short break. I slowly but surely worked my way through several series. These are great time killers and will usually improve your mood no matter how hectic the day. Laughter can be the best solution to dealing with the public.

This cover just makes me laugh. The carttons inside keep me laughing.
Molly
Oct 11, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As always, Gary Larson delivers. In Search of the Far Side is funny, provocative, and insightful, like all of Larson's books. Unfortunately, as with most comics strips, it's either all or nothing, love it or hate it. If you like Larson, then you are guaranteed to love this book. If you don't care for Larson...why are you here?
Gabriel Wallis
Apr 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, 2016
The Far Side remains entertaining, as always. I've been reading The Far Side pretty much since I started reading at a young age. It always brings me a smile and a laugh. As an adult, I can understand things now that I couldn't as a child. Gary Larson, thanks for making me laugh all these years.
Little Miss and the Legomeister
Not as funny as Garfield. ***

***This is his review so I will let it stand, even if he is very, very wrong. And I will refrain from mentioning that he's eight and probably doesn't have the life experience to fully comprehend Larson's brilliance.
Theresa
Third in the collection of Gary Larson's very off-beat cartoons. I love em, but the more you read the more brain spins.
Charles
Jan 03, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: humor
Superb, of course!
jacky
Jun 23, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed reading this while watching TV. Gary Larson is always funny and I love how sometimes you have to look carefully to get the joke.
Glen
More great Humour from gary Larson
Douglas Wilson
May 19, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: humor
Excellent.
Kaethe
Jul 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
blah blah blah PUNCHLINE blah blah blah

I love Larson in a purely platonic and not at all creepy way.
Lafcadio
Dec 21, 2012
  • May the Force Be With Us, Please: A FoxTrot Collection
  • Happy Trails
19928
Gary Larson was born and raised in Tacoma, Washington. His parents were Vern, a car salesman, and Doris, a secretary. He attended Curtis High School before attending Washington State University and graduated in 1972 with a degree in communications. In 1987, Larson married Toni Carmichael, an archaeologist.

Larson credits his older brother Dan for his "paranoid" sense of humor. Dan would pull countl
More about Gary Larson...

Far Side Collection (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • The Far Side