Start by marking “Eon's Door” as Want to Read:
Eon's Door

Eon's Door

The Dark Forest is moving and a horde of bloodthirsty monsters is on the hunt. For the peaceful denizens of Erla, time is running out.

Two thousand years after three clans flee the world of humans through Eon's Door to find sanctuary in a realm called Erla, a prophecy left to them by the ancient race that created the tree portal is coming true. A trusted sage has stolen the
Published July 10th 2011 by J.G. McKenney (first published May 20th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Eon's Door, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eon's Door

Jessica
Aug 11, 2011 rated it really liked it
Lovers of Fantasy should be well aware that we are awash in a world of clones. Despite my deep love of this genre, it's true that a lot of times every story is like the one before, and so I become a bit jaded when it comes to starting a new book. However, lucky for me, J.G. McKenny approached me with Eon's Door. From the moment I opened it on my ereader I was swept away into a beautifully crafted world. With deep ties to nature, and a distinct lack of complicated character names or races, this b ...more
Ivie Isler
May 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
Review also posted on Mind-Ventures

I received this book through GoodReads' First Reads program, and I was eager to begin this story. As a lover of fantasy novels, this held the promise of everything I enjoy reading--a new world, new creatures, quests, and special talents (telepathy). McKenney thoroughly thought through these elements and the result is wonderful adventure story.

Before the story begins, McKenney provides a map of the Erlan world as well as a list of the main characters. This real
Jessica Rust
Oct 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012
One of the first books I was ever given to read was a fantasy book. It took me on a journey to unknown lands and created a vision of possibilities. That book gave me an understanding that there is so much more to this world than just what we see. Eon's door is very much like that. J.G. McKenney's ability to describe a world so much and so unlike our own is impressive.

Eon's door is a classic fantasy adventure story that faces off between good and evil. Strange and delightful characters fill the
Sift Book Reviews
Jun 08, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: erica
Eon’s Door begins in the true spirit of epic fantasy with pages of world maps, character lists and descriptions. The story follows a myriad of characters and their role in finding the portal key that joins their old world with the new, both in current day and several millennia ago. It has a captivating storyline with a lovely surprise at the end; 4.5 stars out of 5.

See the in-depth review: http://www.siftreviews.com/2011/09/eo...

Review by: Erica of Sift Book Reviews
Sift Book Reviews received a f
Susan Krafcheck
Mar 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-won
Eon's door is a fantastical adventure story facing good versus evil, fanciful creatures, 2 very different worlds. I found myself immersed with the story line that had deep ties into nature. The tie-in to Bobby's world and Miann's world is so different. I think I would like Miann's world. The quietness of no modern day elements.
The characters were easy to relate to, as well as what they stood for. It saddened me the demise of Oris, by the talon of his own feather.
I will say that initially I was
Ronald
Oct 21, 2012 rated it liked it
When I started reading this book, i was not sure what to expect, as I did not know the author at that time.

I was pleasantly surprised. The style of writing is engaging, and I wanted to finish once started. At the beginning I was not sure in what kind of world to place the book, some references to North American Indian culture, but also some presence of other cultures as well. I was completely taken by surprise when I learned where the 'ancients' came from, and from that point the book moved to a
Justyn Simon
Dec 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: people who like books about adventure, alternative worlds or magic
Shelves: adventure, magic, wolf
This was a very interesting story full of twists and turns. Basically it's one of those stories where someone from our world is taken to another world full of magic. Miann is this elf who came to take with him , a bird and Bobby's friend Scotty come a long also with a giant wolf and eagle they meet on the other side , they go after the key that opened the door way between the worlds. Along the way they battle against the creatures altered by the key because of the villain who wants to kill them
mirba
Nov 13, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dropped, one-star
Didn't go far enough into the book to know anything about it, just that I cannot cope with all the pages and pages of info drops and stupid dialogues (with info drops) in the first 5% of the book. I'm not engaged, I'm jumping lines and skipping paragraphs. That's not how I want to feel while reading.

Scrolling a little bit farther in the book I see that the writing style is more or less the same.
Erin
Aug 12, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
Decent fantasy, but every time I got in to a storyline, the book would jump to another time period or place or POV. And it had the feel of some kind of epic adventure, yet the adventuring part always seemed to happen rather quickly. Names were also a little hard to keep track of for the first quarter of the book.

It was good, it just felt like it need a little more polish--tightening in some areas, expansion in others. All in all, not a bad first reads book, just not five stars.
Penny
Jul 29, 2012 rated it liked it
Interesting...different! Two parallel worlds, one human and the other not!!
DavidO
Jan 31, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: couldn-t-finish
The setting was interesting enough, but the story was a bit jumpy. At a few places it was interesting at other places it seemed a bit average. There's nothing particularly wrong with it, but it sadly wasn't something that was worth my time to read when there's so many other books.
Mary Sue Newson
Dec 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Rating

This book is Great! It has everything to keep a reader wanting for more!, adventure, peril, friendship and the epic battle of good against evil! Thank you to the author!!!!!
Jon
Dani Whitington
Dec 19, 2016
C A Winters
Oct 25, 2016
  • King's Envoy (Artesans of Albia, #1)
  • A Dragon's Awakening (The Chronicles of Kale, #1)
  • Teller (Volume 1)
  • Emerald (World of Samar #1)
  • The Mumbo Jumbo Circus (Mumbo Jumbo Circus, #1)
  • Akasha (Akasha, #1)
  • Amulet (DragonBlade #1)
  • The Prophecy (Bakkian Chronicles, #1)
  • In An Iron Cage: The Magic of Steampunk
  • The Ghost in the Crystal (School of Ages, #1)
  • Griffin Rising (Griffin, #1)
  • Swirls (Outsiders #1)
  • Raven's Heart: A Tale from the World of Secramore
  • Children of Sun and Moon (Skyfall, #1)
  • Progeny (The Children of the White Lions, #1)
  • The Time Weaver (The Time Weaver Chronicles #1)
  • Mammon: Dark Rift Rising (The Callahan Chronicles #1)
  • Shadow of Stone (The Pendragon Chronicles, #2)
For EON'S DOOR, J.G. (John) McKenney received the 2012 Reader Views Reviewers Choice Award, and was also a finalist for the Eric Hoffer Award. THE BOOK KNIGHTS, an exciting new Arthurian fantasy adventure, is available now.