Start by marking “A Matter of Time, Vol. 2 (A Matter of Time #3-4)” as Want to Read:
A Matter of Time, Vol. 2 (A Matter of Time #3-4)

A Matter of Time, Vol. 2

(A Matter of Time #3-4)

Vol. 2 (Books Three and Four)

Three years ago, Jory Harcourt changed his name and shut the door on a past full of pain, only to emerge stronger on the other side. He has a new career, a great working partner, and a satisfying life—except for the hole in his chest left behind when police Detective Sam Kage walked out with his heart.

Now Sam's back and he knows what he wan
Kindle Edition, 2nd Edition, 298 pages
Published July 17th 2011 by Dreamspinner Press (first published November 30th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about A Matter of Time, Vol. 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Matter of Time, Vol. 2

Start your review of A Matter of Time, Vol. 2 (A Matter of Time #3-4)
Wendy
Re-read 2/25/20 2/1/19 7/11/18 1/16/17 6/26/2016

This is my "go to" series for whenever I feel bad or need comfort, or when I am down deep in the "book-slump" pit from hell :P  So I can honestly say that I read these books at least once a year...but often times..it's more. I am that big a fan ;) I've also been deeply in love with Jory since Sam found him laying on the street with a beagle on top of him :P

Animated GIF

This Volume fasts forward three years, after Sam left Jory behind...and boy did I hate his g
Meags
3 Stars

I’m having a very tumultuous relationship with this series so far. This volume was especially befuddling to me.

I generally didn’t enjoy book #3, with all the back and forth between Jory and Sam, as they reunited and attempted to work through their past hurts and the possibility of a future together. I absolutely HATED that it had been 3 whole years since Sam “abandoned” Jory (because that’s what he did – reasons be damned!), and in that time Jory reverted back to his whoring ways (ugh) a
Deborah
Mar 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Re-read 28th- 29th April 2019.

Re-read 8th September 2018.

This series is driving me crazy.
I’m completely hooked, I just can’t put it down or read fast enough. But that said Sam in particular drove me to despair in the first book. I mean seriously he’s been away for three years well two but don’t get me started on that extra year.
He turns up and demands they get back together and he pushes and pushes. Jury pushes back a bit but he loves the guy what can he do?

The next book (book 4) if I had to pic
Amy Lane
Oct 31, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jory is awesome, goofy, hyperactive fun, and Sam is his perfect foil. My only complaint is (and this isn't a spoiler because it's in the blurb!) the pain of imagining a three year separation between the two guys, because it just hurts to think they're not together.
Diana
Nov 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars, I think…

A Matter of Time, Vol 2 consists of books 3 & 4 in the Matter of Time series. I finished book 2 last month, so I figured I would have no problem jumping into book 3. Boy, was I wrong. I actually had to check my kindle to make sure I was reading book 3 and not another book. I know that there is a 3 year gap between books 2 & 3, but I still felt completely lost with the story line and characters I could not remember. Thank goodness this was a buddy read, and my friend Claire rem
Susan
Oct 14, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

If I had not been paying attention, I would have sworn I was reading Volume 1 all over again. Volume 2 is the exact same book: white van kidnapping Jory; Sam and Jory fighting over coming out; one of them leaving the other at the hospital; every man that Jory meets wants to feed him, fuck him, and take care of him. It got old.

You know what else got old? Jory running off and putting himself in danger…over and over again.

You know what did NOT get old? Sam and Jory

I still love them.

I was sad that
Barbara➰
After reading book one and being entirely infuriated with Sam Kage, I decided I would give him another chance. I was hoping the author could turn him around for me. I think he treated Jory like shit in book one.

I love how Sam pursued Jory. I love how he kept on and on and wouldn't take no for an answer. I hate that Jory gave in so easily but Sam kept on relentlessly. And of course my hate turned to a simmer instead of a boil. So now I just wanted to stab him with a nice new knife instead of a d
Valerie ❈M/M Romance Junkie❈
Loved. See my review for A Matter of Time, Vol. 1.

Re-read 9/9/2015 while I did all of the grown up stuff that I hate.
re-listen 12/1/2015, 01/07/2016, 03/28/2016
Re-listen 8/22/2016, 9/17/2016, 5/3/2017, 6/9/2017, 7/1/2017, 11/27/2017, 1/16/2018, 5/5/2018
Re-listen #100 trillion 2/4/2019 I adore Sam and Jory
AGAIN 9/20/2019
Ingie
Written October 30, 2014

4 1/2 Stars - I just love this whatever failures, length and all heart attacks

Book #3 and #4

Collection Volume two with book-parts, #3 and #4, in the A Matter of Time series.

On audio, 13:50 hrs for two books wonderful narraded by Paul Morey.

A Matter of Time (A Matter of Time #3) by Mary Calmes A Matter of Time (A Matter of Time #4) by Mary Calmes

See my reviews here:

#3 - A Matter of Time 3 (4.1 stars)
#4 - A Matter of Time 4 (4.5 stars)

***********************************************

These A Matter of Time's books are about (view spoiler)
~Volha~
Reread February 2020

It was as exciting as the first time!

*****************************

I loved this volume even better than the 1st. I love a good case of amateur sleuthing but when it's tinged with hilarity and slight incredulity it makes it even better! I love Jory. He is adorable, stubborn, a bit flighty, smart, gorgeous and extremely loyal. (I am sure each and one of us wanted to be just like Jory for one moment somewhere in our lives) He just cracks me up! Every situation he gets himself in
Fiona Goodman
Casting of A Matter of Time. Written review to follow

Jory: Mathias Lauridsen (The only guy pretty enough to make a straight man gay....)

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sam: This gorgeous unknown man...

Photobucket

Or....

Chris Hemsworth (Blonde,brown hair, check. Slate blue eyes, check. 6"3 inches, close enough...and hot,hot hot!!!)

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Dane: Hugh Jackman (Hansome, debonair and damn sexy in a tux!).

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Dane's expression when Jory does something stupid....

Photobucket
Sara

Let me state the obvious; this was over the top, semi ridiculous, way too dramatic and it's fucking fantastic. *drops a quarter in the swear jar for the college fund*

I have come to the conclusion that Sam Kage and Jake Riordan were in the same closet in the closet cop factory where they picked bearded women from a moving rack and that Adrien English and one Jory Harcourt need to team up to become super sleuths and share stories about their big alpha men over a Tab.

That being said. I l
Karen
More fun with Sam and Jory...

So here we are at Vol 2 which is comprised of books 3 and 4 in Mary Calmes's series 'A Matter of Time' and again the narrator is Paul Morey and again this was an enjoyable listening experience...not great but no really issues. I like Paul Morey but for me he just didn't quite capture the character and voices of Sam and Jory...close but not quite.

Ok, so I'm outta' here for now to may RL things are demanding my attention so hopefully I'll revisit this and do a real
CrabbyPatty
Jory, baby, no, just ...... no. Gawd knows, you are gorgeous, a good listener, a wonderful dancer, a fabulous assistant / now marketing guru, an amazing detective (even better than Sam!), a peerless party planner, courageous, resourceful and so, so, so much more. Seeing you on the dance floor, all gay men want you, women adore you, and the straight guys? To paraphrase Sam, some of them are wondering what it would be like to just once sleep with a man.

I will freely acknowledge that every last on
Jennifer☠Pher☠
**Audio Re-Read (again)**

It sucks that a lot of the time the end is where a review starts especially for this book.

My God I hate the wedding at the end of this book. I hate every freaking thing about it but especially Sam.

Aside from that this one still brings the crazy, probably even more after the millionth read. Jesus. No matter what Sam says, Jory is Bulletproof :)

On to the next one!
-------
**Audio**

description

I don’t even know what to say. Seriously. I love this book just as much as I hate this book.

Awilk -never sleeps-
I have read both volumes of this story back to back. The only reason I am not going straight on to the next couple is I don't own them yet. (I will very soon though)

I still find Sam, the very hot, dominant cop a great character. He is my sort of man.

Jory annoyed me a little more this time. So did the way he still came across as this perfect man that everyone wants. I was thinking he might of grown up a little, seeing as this book is three years into the future from where the last one finished, b
KatieMc
Nov 19, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook
One hot déjà vu mess. Déjà vu because there were many scenes that seemed familiar, although I am 99.99% certain that I have not read this volume before. I'm not talking about "all Mary Calmes books are alike, so of course it seems familiar". I distinctly recall specific things, such as the new sister in law and her father getting sick. I also recall the scene at the end, were (view spoiler)

ETA: I'
* A Reader Obsessed *
*Audio edition*

Well I have to say that this was more over the top than A Matter of Time, Vol. 1 . I listened to this story by the same narrator as the first and I still find him a bit odd/quirky but was used to it by now. Again I do think he does Jory and Sam's voices really well which is what counts since they're the MC's.

It's three years later and a series of events throws Sam and Jory back together. Further complicating their new relationship is a serial killer on the loose that personally af
Lori
Sep 16, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5

I have a love/hate relationship with these books. So much about them irritates me - yet I can't put them down once I start reading.

As much as the references to 'the beautiful' people in these stories annoyed the living daylights out of me, as much as Jory being fed every two seconds (admittedly there was less of this in vol 2)annoyed me even further, as much as Jory doing a disappearing act every two seconds was just unbelievable - I was compelled to read, and what's more I enjoyed it. I hon
Jo * Smut-Dickted *
I feel like a ping pong with all the back and forth Sam and Jory do. After the 1st two books I was so ready to punch Sam. How could he do what he did? Flatly I still don't understand it and I wanted him to do more groveling (MUCH MORE GROVELING) before Jory ended up back with him. And then. I didn't. Because they are just so perfect. While the dialogue was the shiney goodness in the first set of books this one really let me feel the characters - get into their lives, get an idea of who they real ...more
Borderstar
Ok so after my confused reaction to Volume 1, I still ploughed on to read Book #3 & #4 in Volume 2. But I have to say that despite feeling the need to finish it, I just felt frustrated through much of it and especially at the end!

There were parts I really liked and at times I even liked the characters a lot - the plot was pretty mental and all over the place, but kinda fun anyway. The "mystery" was obvious from the beginning, although there was a little twist at the end, but I went with it anywa
Gina
I want to start out by saying I enjoyed books 1 - 4, but at a cost! What little hair i have at the moment (fell out during recent chemo), I wanted to pull out in frustration with Jory and Sam! OMG how maddening they are!!! But, what is saving this story for me is Jory’s big heart and the fun I am having reading it along with the frustration. I won't do a regular review because there are enough out there, but i wanted to say I enjoyed this series so far.

These two are on again off again and it go
Heller
Book 3 is definitely a favorite of mine in the series. I think mostly because we see Sam really have to work to get back into Jory's graces and I loved to read that.

Honestly, initially knowing there was a three year gap between books 2 and 3 really threw me for a loop. Time gaps are something that I have issues with in romances but this really worked for the characters who really needed a break to sort things out.

Fantastic chemistry is a hallmark of these books as well as well rounded and fles
Tammy
Apr 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Reading this series is like being on a roller coaster!!🤨😉😆😫😨🤯 The whiplash and never know what's coming or what curve you'll hit or come across, WOW!!! Sam and Rory pulled through for me though, Thank God. 🤗
Achim
Apr 11, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 1-contempory
3.5
Funny how different an effect a series can have when you start it again after a lot of time has passed. Can't remember that Sam showed such creepy stalker qualities and that Jory is fine with attitudes that would work quite fine for a Doris Day movie – just with a lot more sex that is … but that's what I got from book 3 and of course I wasn't impressed and was scowling a lot.

Thankfully this package also includes book 4. The guys are back together again and Sam's uber-machismo is getting a den
Alex is The Romance Fox
Hello Jory!!!!!!!!!!
A Matter of Time Vol 2 by Mary Calmes photo Mathias1_zps4158d805.jpg

So good to see you again and be together with you on your next exciting adventure!!!

Jory Harcourt has to be one of the most endearing characters ever. It’s just impossible not to fall in love with this guy. He’s fun, sweet, gorgeous, lovable, naughty, “camp” that just misses being OTT, helpful and can’t help finding trouble around every corner – he draws drama and trouble without even being aware that much of it due to his way of thinking…..
“I cannot beli
Runell
Aug 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
Okay. So, I have to say it. I love Sam Kage and Jory Harcourt. I don't know why I do but I do. Sam is the definition of an alpha male. Huge. Hulking. Angry. Alpha male. And we must not forget sexy as all get out. Jory. Ah, where to begin with Jory. He's this golden guy whom everybody loves, he's sweet, he's kind, he's the kind of guy that will risk his life for others, and he has a hard time with saying the word "no". Case in point, he's also a stubborn jackass who doesn't know what the fuck is ...more
Maarja
Sep 24, 2013 rated it it was ok
The first volume, although rather unrealistic, was at least fun to read. This one, though, was simply horrible (view spoiler) ...more
❧A Bookish Berkeley Girl❧
Gosh, Sam put a ring on it!

Sigh...❤

Ok..., (view spoiler) *bewildered sigh*

I love Sam's possessiveness . And...My Favorite Quote In This Book~

“I want you back here now. I want you next to me now. I cannot believe that my family, your brother, all our friends, and an entire police force can't keep tabs on one twenty-six year old graphic designer who thinks he'

• Dirty Laundry (Cole McGinnis, #3)
  • Dirty Secret (Cole McGinnis, #2)
  • Dirty Kiss (Cole McGinnis, #1)
  • Whiskey and Wry (Sinners, #2)
  • Stacking the Deck (The Kings: Wild Cards, #1)
  • Down and Dirty (Cole McGinnis, #5)
  • Sinner's Gin (Sinners, #1)
  • Dirty Heart (Cole McGinnis, #6)
  • Sloe Ride (Sinners, #4)
  • NautiCal (Forever Wilde, #8)
  • Principles of Spookology (The Spectral Files, #2)
  • Ground Zero (Zero Hour, #1)
  • Devil's Hour (Zero Hour, #2)
  • Nothing Special (Nothing Special, #1)
  • Tequila Mockingbird (Sinners #3)
  • Dirty Deeds (Cole McGinnis, #4)
  • Devour (Unbreakable Bonds, #4)
  • Spooky Business (The Spectral Files, #3)
Mary Calmes believes in romance, happily ever afters, and the faith it takes for her characters to get there. She bleeds coffee, thinks chocolate should be its own food group, and currently lives in Kentucky with a five-pound furry ninja that protects her from baby birds, spiders and the neighbor’s dogs. To stay up to date on her ponderings and pandemonium (as well as the adventures of the ninja) ...more

A Matter of Time (8 books)
  • A Matter of Time Book I (A Matter of Time #1)
  • A Matter of Time Book II (A Matter of Time #2)
  • A Matter of Time Book III (A Matter of Time #3)
  • A Matter of Time Book IV (A Matter of Time #4)
  • Bulletproof (A Matter of Time #5)
  • But For You (A Matter of Time #6)
  • Parting Shot (A Matter of Time, #7)
  • Piece of Cake (A Matter of Time, #8)