Start by marking “The Winds of Winter (A Song of Ice and Fire, #6)” as Want to Read:
The Winds of Winter (A Song of Ice and Fire, #6)

The Winds of Winter

(A Song of Ice and Fire #6)

The Winds of Winter is the forthcoming sixth novel in the epic fantasy series A Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin.

The previous installment, A Dance with Dragons, covered less story than Martin intended, omitting at least one planned large battle sequence and leaving several character threads ending in cliffhangers. Martin intends to resolve these cliffhangers "ver
Hardcover
Published by Harper Voyager

To ask other readers questions about The Winds of Winter, please sign up.
Zero vi Britannia When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east. When the seas go dry and mountains blow in the wind like leaves. When Dany's womb quickens again,…moreWhen the sun rises in the west and sets in the east. When the seas go dry and mountains blow in the wind like leaves. When Dany's womb quickens again, and she bears a living child. Then it will be released, and not before.(less)

Start your review of The Winds of Winter (A Song of Ice and Fire, #6)
karen
Apr 03, 2013 marked it as ceci-n-est-ce-pas-un-compte-rendu
i have no real information about what is going to happen in this book, but i think it's gonna go a little something like this:

photo DSC09742_zps7c177859.jpg

BOOM!!
Navessa
Apr 08, 2014 marked it as to-read
LEAVE THE MAN ALONE, PEOPLE!

Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest
Alberto Lecompte
Nov 28, 2012 marked it as to-read
If GRRM dies before finishing the series,i will perform blood magic and bring him back by sacrificing the life of justin bieber and\or other disgusting person
Darth J
How long it feels waiting for this book:
✨    jamieson   ✨
the year is 2199, George R.R Martin has preserved his brain in a freezer and uploaded his consciousness in order to avoid death and continue procrastinating writing this book.

my great great grandchild raises me from the grave so I can read this book, and my ghost thoroughly enjoys it
mark monday
Jan 10, 2012 marked it as to-read
Shelves: fantasy-modern
emma
Jun 14, 2017 marked it as to-read
update: so apparently this is coming out in 2020 and uhhhhhh.....sure, george.

---------------------------------------

sometimes I just come back to this page in the vain hope that a release date will have magically appeared ahahahahaha why do I do this to myself.....

waiting
Kai
Nov 14, 2018 marked it as to-read
Mariah Carey: All I want for Christmaaaas is -
me, at the top of my lungs: THIS FUCKING BOOK TO COME OUT
Valerina
Sep 30, 2012 marked it as to-read
I just finished A Dance with Dragons. It is the hour of the wolf and I can't sleep. The end of this book is absoultely amazing, and leaves me with the absurd need of hugging you and slapping you at the same time, George Really Ruthless Martin.
You are my many-faced God.
Geri Reads
May 28, 2013 marked it as to-read

Don't do this to me, George.

Jessie
Sep 27, 2012 marked it as to-read
Update: It's now 2020, and I return to this hopeful snapshot of my optimistic youth from time to time, to wonder what it must have been like to be so innocent. Alas.

It's 2017. I give up.

Update of the update: 2016 is half over. At this point I'm pretty sure when I purchase this book it's going to be a page that says 'just watch the show' followed by 600 blank pages.

Update: Alas, as 2015 begins to fade I come to the realization that my plan will never come to fruition. It was a good plan. I'll m
Kristina
May 27, 2012 marked it as tbr-anticipated
EDIT: June 30, 2019

Yes, we're still waiting and the ending of the HBO series left much to be desired.

So what are you reading in the meantime?
Give me some recommendations, I'm going through a slump...

EDIT: Mar 17, 2014
(previously posted in the comments)

I would like to interject on all the people complaining about George R.R. Martin's writing process on this "review" of mine...

I would like to clarify that my "review" was not made in the spirit of complaining about Mr. Martin, but rather just a c
-Bookish Gal-
May 24, 2013 marked it as to-read
Shelves: fantasy, media-tie-in
Edited

So it's 2016 and no signs of TWOW even now and fans are like

description

because let's face it, this was us,

description

And there's only one man responsible for this, one man alone.

description

But there's no point in raging and ranting, because that's gonna help with nothing right, it's not like Martin is gonna bow down against the collective rage of the fandom and finish his next mammoth anytime soon. Besides, there aren't many Starks left and I for one, would really, really like to see at least ONE of them make it to th
Sean Barrs
Apr 16, 2014 marked it as to-read
Shelves: fantasy
I have to post this, spoilers be damned (that’s your warning), but I guess we know the biggest mystery now that this series ever posed.

Hold the door

I’m literally crying right now. That last episode almost broke me. I need to read this now. What a shame that the answer was revealed on the show and not in the way it should have been……

I wonder how much dramatic effect George R.R Martin is going to sacrifice. I’ve waited five years for my answers, and now I’m getting a second rate version of
leynes
May 22, 2019 marked it as 2020-2021
George R. R. Martin can take his sweet ass time. I’ve already seen one rushed ending, I don’t need another one. You do you, George.
Junkie for the Written Word
2015 HAHA

Oh, book #6, I see your expected publication date and I laugh. I drink whisky and I laugh and laugh and laugh.

Then I cry.
Mary S. R.
May 26, 2019 marked it as to-read
Recommended to Mary by: the air and the earth and all that breathes and does not
Who knew something good could actually come out of the COVID-19 pandemic? Because, apparently, GRRM has had to shut down all his businesses and SIT HIS CREATIVE RESTLESS PROCRASTINATING BUTT DOWN TO WRITE. Bless you. And I don't mean the butt.

Source: https://georgerrmartin.com/notablog/2...

• • • • •

Art is not a democracy. People don't get to vote on how it ends.” —George R.R. Martin

Foreword: it is not the purpose of this humble human being to offend any of the mentioned parties—the comedic flar
Anne
Aug 29, 2012 marked it as to-read
EDIT: November 9th. 2012.

Finished A Dance With Dragons last night.

description

Three more years till I can even start anticipating the next one.

George R. R. Martin, please write like the wind.

Check out Nymeria's comment below, "Write like the Wind". LMAO.

---x---x---x---

"Expected publication 2015"?

*narrows eyes*

Words are wind, Ser George, words are wind.
megs_bookrack
Jan 25, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shocking absolutely zero people, still this:

Madeleine
Jun 06, 2012 marked it as to-read
Shelves: immagetchoo
It took a nearly fatal run-in with a van for Stephen King to finally guide "The Dark Tower" series to its decades-awaited conclusion. What kind of violent sign from the universe will it take to nudge George R. R. Martin toward the "Song of Ice and Fire" finish line?
Dan Schwent
May 03, 2013 marked it as will-preorder-when-i-can
Can't wait to jump into my flying car to ride down to the mailbox to get this
Petra
Jan 12, 2014 marked it as to-read
I imagine that George is somewhere here in his writing process

and by now most of the fans are like

So my question to George is

Kristina Mullins
☘Misericordia☘ ~ The Serendipity Aegis ~  ⚡ϟ⚡ϟ⚡⛈ ✺❂❤❣
https://georgerrmartin.com/notablog/2... Q: Strange days are upon us! (c) GRRM is writing!!! Hallelujah!

Dearest Mr Martin, pretty please, stay in Westeros until you get it all done!
It'll be the best way to deal with any strange days!
Thanks a bunch!

Dd 21.05.2019. The plot is dark and full of errors! Of course, the plot from series which I kind of hope is only loosely based on the original books (not yet written).

I don't think Mr. RR. Martin realized just how big a disservice he probably got f
Jessie R
Jun 24, 2013 marked it as to-read
Sherri
Apr 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
After Roger Zelazny and Robert Jordan, my prediction is that GRRM will write book 6, get halfway through book 7 and then come down with some rare, instantaneously fatal disease that leaves us all once again lost and forlorn and unsatisfied. It seems to be a pattern. From now on, any author who writes a series longer than 3 books I'm going to request their medical records before I read the books.

Still, looking forward to the next installment even if I AM chewing my nails to the quick over the nex
Reem Ghabbany
Jan 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
so I'm actually afraid I'm gonna die before this gets released or he dies.
I need closure as soon as possible
Fantasy Buddy Reads: The Winds of Winter [January 2075] 32 558 Feb 20, 2020 10:35AM
Read A Song Of Ic...: The Winds of Winter 106 663 Nov 26, 2019 03:40PM
Free narrated chapters from Winds of Winter on Bookself! 1 32 May 17, 2019 08:25AM
Victims of success 2 161 Oct 08, 2018 12:07PM
[SPOILERS] Sample Chapters 5 192 Jun 23, 2017 01:30AM
Confirm that show will spoil ending of book series. 10 671 Apr 29, 2017 06:08PM

• The Art of George R.R. Martin's A Song of Ice & Fire (#1)
  • The Collected Joe Abercrombie: The Blade Itself/Before they are Hanged/Last Argument of Kings/Best Served Cold/The Heroes/Red Country
  • The Ickabog
  • The Thorn of Emberlain (Gentleman Bastard, #4)
  • Runelight (Runemarks, #2)
  • On Fear
  • Total Freedom: The Essential Krishnamurti
  • The Book of Life: Daily Meditations with Krishnamurti
  • Esta farmacia es una cruz
  • Page (Tamora Pierce Novel)
  • History of Bourbon
  • In the Dark, Dark Wood
  • Rise Above the Storm (Far Forest Scrolls, #3)
  • Assassin's Creed: The Official Movie Novelization
  • Green City in the Sun
  • Warlord  (The Outlaw Chronicles, #4)
  • Holy Warrior (The Outlaw Chronicles, #2)
  • King's Man (The Outlaw Chronicles, #3)
George Raymond Richard "R.R." Martin was born September 20, 1948, in Bayonne, New Jersey. His father was Raymond Collins Martin, a longshoreman, and his mother was Margaret Brady Martin. He has two sisters, Darleen Martin Lapinski and Janet Martin Patten.

Martin attended Mary Jane Donohoe School and Marist High School. He began writing very young, selling monster stories to other neighborhood chil

A Song of Ice and Fire (7 books)
  • A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, #1)
  • A Clash of Kings  (A Song of Ice and Fire, #2)
  • A Storm of Swords (A Song of Ice and Fire, #3)
  • A Feast for Crows (A Song of Ice and Fire, #4)
  • A Dance with Dragons (A Song of Ice and Fire, #5)
  • A Dream of Spring (A Song of Ice and Fire, #7)

Articles featuring this book

Say what you will about George R.R. Martin's long-awaited fantasy installment, Winds of Winter. Some of the sequels in our roundup below have...
“Is he blind, or merely stupid?”

“He is honorable. Sometimes it amounts to the same thing.”
13 likes
“In Sunspear hung a portrait of the Princess Daenerys who had come to Dorne to marry one of Arianne's forebears. In her younger days Arianne had spent hours gazing at it, back when she was just a pudgy flat-chested girl on the cusp of maidenhood who prayed every night for the gods to make her pretty. A hundred years ago, Daenerys Targaryen came to Dorne to make a peace. Now another comes to make a war, and my brother will be her king and consort. King Quentyn. Why did that sound so silly?” 0 likes