Start by marking “Vadriel Vail” as Want to Read:
Vadriel Vail

Vadriel Vail

This sweeping saga of love and danger among the aristocracy of early 19th-century New York heralds the return of Vincent Virga, the author of the classic gay gothic romance Gaywyck.

From the heights of glittering society to the depths of poverty in the unimaginably horrific immigrant slums, Vadriel Vail paints a vivid portrait of the excesses and arrogance of the privileged upper clas
Paperback, 1st Edition, 382 pages
Published June 26th 2001 by Alyson Books (first published June 1st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Vadriel Vail, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vadriel Vail

Start your review of Vadriel Vail
Hannah
Jun 11, 2018 marked it as to-read
MY BREATH JUST CAUGHT.

do you mean to tell me that vincent virga, author of THE ACCLAIMED AND EXTREMELY RIDICULOUS AND AMAZING gothic novel gaywyck, has ANOTHER BOOK, ALSO A MELODRAMATIC OVERWROUGHT HISTORICAL GAY ROMANCE, and NO ONE TOLD ME???????? all this time????? i had to find out about it randomly, surfing the interwebs at 4:38am? this is everything. i am so excited. 5 minutes after finding out about it i ordered a copy off of amazon. IT'S ON.
Reader
Mar 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed Vadriel Vail as much as I did Gaywyck.

There are villianous acts but the perpetrators are not really villians. They are products of a time one hope is swiftly disappearing.

Vadriel Vail, is not just about a very gloriously irresistible man who, without consciously trying or caring, has such devastating sensual effect on both men and women it's blinking painful. It is the 'showing up' of a villainous society's horrible ignorance and intolerance; it's of the individual's inter
Moodycactus
Apr 26, 2012 rated it did not like it
As I enjoyed Vincent Virga's other novel "Gaywyck", I thought I would enjoy "Vadriel Vail". Unfortunately, I disliked this self indulgent novel so much I don't want to even finish it. I had it with me on a long train trip and I prefered to be bored for hours, than finish reading it.

The plot is extremely predictable, the characters one dimensional, the writing style tending to be overly ornate, making a simple scene a labour to read through.

I would not recommend this novel
Chrikers
Adriann
Dec 13, 2011
Peter Loudon
Oct 11, 2015
Vincent Virga has been called "America's foremost picture editor." He has researched, edited, and designed picture sections for more than 150 books, including Eyes of the Nation: A Visual History of the United States and the full-length photo essay The Eighties: Images of America. He is also the author of A Comfortable Corner. He is working on a third novel, Theatricals.