Start by marking “Falling for Love (Gansett Island, #4)” as Want to Read:
Falling for Love (Gansett Island, #4)

Falling for Love

(Gansett Island #4)

Since he won the Academy Award for best original screenplay a few years ago, Grant McCarthy's personal and professional lives have fallen apart. Abby, the woman he was supposed to marry, is engaged to someone else, and Grant is back at home on Gansett Island helping to run the family marina business while his father recovers from a serious injury. While all Grant's focus s ...more
Published January 17th 2012 by Marie Sullivan Force (first published January 15th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Falling for Love, please sign up.
Recent Questions
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Jonetta
Screenwriter Grant McCarthy can't believe he's really lost his girlfriend, Abby Callahan, even though she left him in California and returned to Gansett Island...a year ago! Now that she's engaged to someone else, things look grim. When he awakens the morning after his sister's wedding reception and a boozy night, he finds Stephanie Logan, the woman who runs his family's marina restaurant, in his bed.

Grant and Stephanie's prickly relationship sure took a turn. She never lets up and gives it to
Sandra ~ ♥ Cross My Heart ♥
3.5 Stars - Grant McCarthy has returned to Gansett Island. His mission is clear - win back Abby - a woman he let slip through his fingers by putting his career as a screenplay writer first - a woman now engaged to marry someone else. How did that happen? Can Grant change her mind? And why does Stephanie who is running the marina restaurant keep getting in his face like a pesky mosquito? He knows what & who he wants . . . doesn't he?

Falling For Love is an enjoyable, heart-touching romance fe
Splage
Another nice easy, read from Marie Force and The McCarthy series. There was no villain, no major conflict, just a sweet love story. At the end of book 3 Grant McCarthy comes home to Rhode Island because his father was hurt. He finds out his long time girlfriend (currently on break from each other), Abby, has moved on and is engaged to another. Grant is devastated and shocked, he chose his career (Academy Award winner screenplay writer) over Abby, not really worried at the time because he thought ...more
Julie Prestsater
Jan 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I fell in love with the McCarthys with the first book in the series. It seemed like Grant's story was never going to get here, and now that it is, I'm sad the book is over. Like any book by Marie Force, it sure as hell did not disappoint. Grant McCarthy is just as loveable as Mac, Joe, and Luke. In fact, he may be my favorite. Ummm...it's a toss up maybe between him and Joe. But wait...I really luuuvv Mac too. And Big Mac. And Ned. OMG...Marie has me in love with so many men. Haha. And I haven't ...more
Janja
Aug 16, 2017 rated it liked it
Simply too many stories in one ... for others, there is a slow burn, but with the main characters, pure insta-lust.
Megan Fall
Jun 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I wasn't sure about this one as it started out with Grant being in love with someone else, but I loved it! The story was great and there were so many side stories going on that I was never bored. A great read, now I really want to read Laura's story and I need everything to work out for Ned!
~Nichole~  Sizzling Pages Romance Reviews
First impression.. A couple or more yrs ago. Can't do heroes hung up page after page on someone else. Totally upset.

New feelings after giving it another try.

I actually really enjoyed this story. Yes Grant was at first hung up on Abby but nothing happened with her. He's only with Stephanie and starts right away realizing how much more everything she is. Better chemistry, better passion, better conversation. She challenged him. They were like a storm just like what brought them together for real.

I
Cocktails and Books
I wasn't sure how I was going to feel about Grant. He was a man that was hung up on the woman who left him a year ago and was determine to get her back. He didn't listen when Abby repeatedly told him they were over, instead became more adamant that he'd get her back. But as Falling for Love opens, you can see that Grant is truly a lost soul and he's simply hanging onto the one lifeline he thinks will keep him above water. He doesn't anticipate anything changing his course of action, especially n ...more
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Piper's review posted on Guilty Pleasures

4.5 Stars

Marie Force is another author I love to read. This is the fourth book in The McCarthy's of Gansett Island series, but you do not need to read the others to enjoy this wonderful story. Of course you will only enjoy it more if you have read the other stories. This is Grant's story and with each book these stories just get better.

Stephanie has been through a lot of hard times in her life and manages to keep it together and find her way on her on. Gr
Anne OK
Jul 23, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2012-reads
The fourth installment in the "McCarthys of Gansett Island" series was filled with sensual sparks as Grant and Stephanie steamed up the pages. FALLING FOR LOVE surpasses any expectations I might have had in mind for this particular couple. So far, this one is my favorite book in the series -- and they've all been superb. There's lots of interaction with the entire McCarthy family, along with introductions to new characters as well. Marie Force continues to set the standard high with great intera ...more
Jojo{ShadowRanger}
It's a total lie that this book is a stand alone, actually I believe that none of them are. Even with the author making extra effort explaining who is who and what happened with them, I still think there's too much going on. Because there's no way we can make a connection with the characters when they're shoved down our throats. And for those that are reading the series since the beginning it must be really annoying having to read again and again what happened in the other books.
With all this e
Kara Parks
Jul 23, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: one-night-stand, 2012
What can I say about this book. I loved the story of Steph and Grant but their were so many other story lines too. Like Laura and Owen I would like to see more of them. Just can't wait for Evan's Story Next!!
valee
Jul 22, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cont-romance
I'll just come back later to write a review because right now I can't get concentrated enough. Too hot in here, stupid sun was great while I was at the beach but right now while back at work I just wanna turn it off! anybody knows how?lol.
Laura's Book Addiction
Jan 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I love this series Marie Force can do no wrong.
Amanda
Jan 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Falling for Love is the 4th book in the series following The McCarthy Family of Gansett Island.

We have all come to love the McCarthy family and this book pulls you in even more. Grant was in love with Abby, but then made some bad life choices and ended up losing the love of his life. In this book he redeams himself and finds it wasn't really love he shared with Abby and learns what love really is with Stephanie.

In the process of new love, Big Mac healing from the boat accident and a wedding, a
Hope Frost
Jan 23, 2012 rated it it was ok
I am a huge fan of Marie Force, which is why it pains me to admit...I really didn't like this book. There was a LOT going on in this book. To me, it didn't seem like there was one focused couple. Not only did Grant and Stephanie get a storyline, but in come Mac and Maddie....then Francine and Ned had quite a story to tell as well. There was a little triangle with David, Joe and Janey...I admit it didn't last long, but I felt it was unnecessary. The ending really annoyed me, it was so...abrupt. I ...more
Alison
Jul 26, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I just finished FALLING FOR LOVE and loved it! So much happened in this book...a little drama with Francine and Ned, a new baby, a wedding, and Stephanie and Grant getting together!

I liked how Stephanie and Grant got together. I loved their chemistry and how Stephanie challenged Grant. I was so happy to see him realize she was it for him. As always I liked checking back in with everyone.

I liked the side story of Laura and Owen…I hope we get to see more of them in future books. After reading the
KK
Jan 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
When I pick up a Marie Force book, I expect to read about solid characters with real life issues and a great mix of drama, romance, emotion, and humor. This newest addition to the series does not disappoint.
There is also a great balance between telling the main characters' story while advancing the story lines of characters we've grown to love in previous books.

Lady Heather
Nov 15, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: contemporary romance, Gansett Island/Marie Force fans
Loved this story!
Grant & Stephanie are great together!
I love how Ms. Force continues to tell the secondary stories (so we know how the rest of the McCarthy's (and Luke) are doing in their lives 'after the fall' *he-he*).

Just starting 'Hoping for Love' now.
Laura Johnson
3.5 stars! I enjoyed Grant and Stephanie's story and of course the build up to future stories. I appreciate how the author doesn't drag out the story, but has a good knack for wrapping up the story in a nice tidy package. Definitely looking for the next installment.
Mareli
Oct 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
First heroine I really liked! She's a kick-a@@ and he had an a@@ deserving some kicking! lol

He thinks to still be in love with his ex, and he's come to the island to get her back. But she's not interested anymore. So he found a sort of rebound girl, but she's not into rebound...

Goood!
Tracy
Jan 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Gosh Marie. They just keep getting better! Loved Grant's story! Great characters and I absolutely LOVE how you keep us updated on everyone else. Looking forward to the next book.....Always!
Yvonne V (Naughty Professora)
I'm not sure why i like this series -- but I do.
I can't put my finger on it. It's not full of unnecessary angst. It's not dramatic. It's not funny. It just is.
I think it's because the people seem real - like people I would know.
And I'm now totally invested in ALL the people on the island. ALL OF THEM.
Especially Ned. Richie rich old guy that drives a cab? Me thinks it's because it gives him an in to all the island gossip! LOL
Lisa Filipe
Sep 21, 2011 rated it really liked it
Reviewed on http://atastyread.blogspot.com

Falling For Love brings us back to Gansett Island where we not just get a new romance, but we get peaks at all of our other Gansett friends, and take it from me...You will NOT be left UNSATISFIED!! OK...maybe a little bummed when it is over...

From the first page of Falling For Love, I was already feeling my heart squeeze a little. The way things begin for this hero and heroine was the result of Grant trying to make his ex-fiance, Abby, jealous. Never a g
MJ Symmonds
Mar 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
*Won a copy from Good Reads First Reads*

I hadn`t heard of Marie Force until I won this book. I`m very happy that I have now discovered a new, brilliant author. Of course I couldn`t begin at book 4 so I got the other books in the series to start off at book 1.

Grant McCarthy returns to Gansett Island for his sister Janeys wedding & to win back his long time love Abby. Abby is engaged to Cal & lets Grant know that there is no "Us" anymore. Grant meets Stephanie who is running the marina res
Jen | Jen Talks Audiobooks
Here's the thing I love about this series: we didn't just get Grant and Stephanie's story here (which is a good one). We got their story, more of Maddie and Mac, slightly more of Janey and Joe, a lot more of Ned and Francine and the start of Laura and Owen. And all this without detracting overmuch from the primary storyline, which again is Grant and Stephanie. I love that I can look forward to all of these story arcs in the next book. Force may be just setting me up each time to want the next bo ...more
Kami Dodson-Perry
Grant won the Academy Award for best original screenplay & now can not write a damn thing. It has been over 2 years with no inspiration. Grant's ex-girlfriend, Abby, the woman he was supposed to marry, is engaged to someone else. Now Grant is back on Gansett Island helping run the family marina business while his father recovers from a serious injury. Grant is also hoping to win back the love of his life. Stephanie, who Linda & Big Mac hired to run the marina restaurant, is working her w ...more
Gwbroussard
Jan 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
And let the banter and humor begin!!! I love Grant and Stephanie. They crack me up - I was laughing so hard at some scenes it was too much. She totally knocked Grant down a few notches - love it!

I felt so bad for Grant at so many times throughout their story. Here he is this beautiful man with a wonderful career in LA - clearly he can have his pick of any woman but he stayed faithful to Abby, his high school sweetheart. I was wondering how they had been together for 10+ years yet were not at lea
C Joy
I didn't give this a 5 because I felt there isn't a central focus to Grant and Stephanie's story. The other characters from the previous books are active here and Ms Marie Force always gives us what goes on in their happily ever afters.

I didn't feel much connection with Grant and Stephanie, I felt like they didn't have that connection. What I did like about this novel is the update on Maddie, she gave birth to her second child, and Janey and Joe is on their honeymoon. Almost everyone's trapped i
⚜️Trea
When I pick up a Gansett Island book, I always know they will be quick reads, but maybe not really enjoyable ones. This one fell in the not so enjoyable category for me.

Grant was so hung up on his ex leaving him and moving on with her life that he almost missed the wonderful woman right in front of him! He was a complete moron! His obsession with his ex was the main focus of the book and he didn't grow much at all until the end of the story.

Stephanie was a great tortured heroine! I didn't like t
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Dead Heat (Bluegrass Series, #3)
  • If You Were Mine (San Francisco Sullivans, #5; The Sullivans, #5)
  • Copping To It
  • His Wicked Promise (MacKay, #2)
  • The Price of Pleasure
  • All He Ever Needed (Kowalski Family, #4)
  • For Love or Legacy (Legacy Collection, #2)
  • Innocent Secretary...Accidentally Pregnant
  • Lucky in Love (Lucky Harbor, #4)
  • Wild Wild Widow
  • Bound by Night (Brides of Darkness #3)
  • Mating Season (Children of Nanook, #1)
  • Baby, Don't Go (Southern Roads, #3)
  • Too Perfect (Perfect Trilogy, #3)
Marie Force is the New York Times bestselling author of contemporary romance, including the indie-published Gansett Island Series and the Fatal Series from Harlequin Books. In addition, she is the author of the Butler, Vermont Series, the Green Mountain Series and the erotic romance Quantum Series. In 2019, her new historical Gilded series from Kensington Books will debut with Duchess By Deception ...more

Gansett Island (1 - 10 of 17 books)
  • Maid for Love (Gansett Island, #1)
  • Fool for Love (Gansett Island, #2)
  • Ready for Love (Gansett Island, #3)
  • Hoping for Love (Gansett Island, #5)
  • Season for Love (Gansett Island, #6)
  • Longing for Love (Gansett Island, #7)
  • Waiting for Love (Gansett Island, #8)
  • Time for Love (Gansett Island, #9)
  • Meant for Love (Gansett Island, #10)
  • Gansett After Dark (Gansett Island, #11)
“the Tiki.” 0 likes