Start by marking “Astrology, Karma & Transformation: The Inner Dimensions of the Birth Chart” as Want to Read:
Astrology, Karma & Transformation: The Inner Dimensions of the Birth Chart

Astrology, Karma & Transformation: The Inner Dimensions of the Birth Chart

This insightful and original book focuses on the understanding and use of astrology as a tool for spiritual and psychological growth. In contrast to traditional prediction-oriented astrology, this new approach to the most ancient of all sciences is based upon the law of karma and the urge toward self-transformation. Especially emphasizing the transformative and karmic sign ...more
Paperback, 2nd Edition, 255 pages
Published November 1st 1992 by CRCS Publications (first published January 1st 1978)

To ask other readers questions about Astrology, Karma & Transformation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Astrology, Karma & Transformation

Sesh
Aug 29, 2007 rated it really liked it
"AK&T" was the first
"real", non-pop astrology book I ever read, and to this day
it has maintained the pride of place in my astrological
bookshelf, along with a few worthy companions. It is evident
that this is Stephen Arroyo's labor of love, and the result
is a clear and comprehensive treatment of the astrological
factors in the birth chart that relate to karma and
self-transformation.

Mr. Arroyo tackles the difficult subject of karma head on
in the very first chapter. He helps us understand karma i
Ollie
Jan 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Very in depth and valuable exploration of Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto in the context of the personal birth chart. Good introduction to Secondary Progressions. A lot of nice cross referencing of other astrologers and sources that are helpful for determining some further reading. A dense read at times that requires focus which is why it took a year and a highlighter for me to give it a thorough read but well worth it and I would def read more by this author who has a warm, positive style.
Jason
Jul 16, 2008 rated it it was amazing
So insightful and blissfully informative, Stephen Arroyo is a "friend in my head." His writing is thorough and satisfyingly explanatory. Arroyo's understanding of the complexities of human nature and profundity of astrological knowledge is most impressive. Anyone interested in astrology must read this knowledge-filled book.
Brandon Lott
Dec 10, 2010 is currently reading it
Just started reading this book ... and ... it is incredible. Explosive insights into the birth chart based on its karmic/transformative points. Seriously good stuff for the practitioner/counselor and laymen.
Katey
Apr 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Should be required reading for all humans.
Karen Jean
Jul 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is one of the best books I've read on Astrology. All his books are well written and insightful.
Charley
Sep 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
One of the best books on astrology ever written.
Paul Reeder
Nov 14, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone interested in astrology and spirituality
Shelves: astrology
Deep meanings of planets in natal astrology and how to think about transits and other dynamic factors in astrology from a process oriented point of view.
Claudia Da
Jan 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A must read* one of the most precious astrology books I've read so far.
really inspiring and enpowering. To all astrology lovers- read it
Krslo
Sep 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
my favorite book on astrology yet .
Patricia
Dec 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing

THE best book ever on the outer planets in all regards: The basic themes they represent in the birth chart, in aspect to inner planets, transits, progressions. He even has a chapter on fire houses and signs and for someone with both of these prominent in my chart (and a grand trine in both with Sun, Moon and Pluto), I understood why I had a such deep pull toward astrology, transformation the deeper spiritual meaning of life.

The title of the book I would think draws only those seriously intereste
Jadzia Cypress
Dec 26, 2013 rated it liked it
Arroyo is a master, clearly and throughly presenting his understanding of saturn in all the different aspects. Still, in my opinion, the book is not necessarily user friendly. Searching for information between case studies, I found sometimes slightly less than irritating. I appreciate the information but I would have appreciated less case study and more straight info. On the other hand, this is the second time I have read the book, so it was compelling enough to have me re-read it.
mr. 阿創
Sep 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 占星, owned
韓良露的《生命歷程全占星》強調木土天海冥5顆慢速外行星Transits時對個人生命歷程的悠長影響力,Arroyo的這本書則更深入地,回歸到本命盤,站在人本立場闡述土星及3顆外行星如何發揮深不可測的業力,影響個人摸索靈性成長的道路。其作品文詞優雅,深富人性關懷,(儘管我排斥書中關於前世輪迴的業力說法)是一部不可多得的占星學經典。

這本書在台出版一年有餘,我和本書的邂逅非常偶然,當時我深受本命盤金冥衝的挫折,和朋友進行了為時三日的長談,我們邊逛書店邊聊冥王星的暴烈本質如何在我內心產生難以克制的情緒力量,討論該在生命裡壓抑或釋放這股衝動,「轉化」是對話裡的關鍵字,所以我很順手地從架上拿起這本書,沒想到Arroyo早在字裡行間為我們三日來的討論寫下完整的註解。
Aline
May 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was just my second Astrology book and omg it was amazing!
It took my understanding of Astrology to a whole new level and helped to see the bigger picture of it.
I don't know what else to say because it was everything I hoped I'd get from reading it and more. I need to pick up some of his other books too.
Dahlia Anara
Sep 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Probably one of the best books out there in terms of applying psychology to astrological practices. I am constantly skimming through chapters or reading passages over and over because of how valuable the information within these pages are. Arroyo is amazing!
Amy Herring
Jan 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: astrology
Love this book. The author is sophisticated in his description of the psychological, spiritual, and energetic complexities of Saturn and the planets beyond. Highly recommend - not the typical astrological categorical trite stuff.
Jordan Denae
Aug 02, 2007 is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone interested in understanding astrology on a deeper level
VERY informative. Deep and more spiritual than your average astrology book.
Fullfaun
Mar 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
i think this book just for professional astrologist because it has in-depth talking about aspects and it explains a lot of different things with those and it does not have individual chart information.
Solo
Jun 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant book! I happened to read it exactly when I needed to.. gave me a new perspective on the meaning of the outer 5 planets and the need for and importance of personal transformation.. definitely recommended for all those studying astrology..
Mario Brooks
May 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Full of astrological/psychological insight. Though I reject the reincarnation dogma (and this book is obviously full of it) it's still a good reference tool for any serious student of astrology.
Stephanie
This book has a different take on asstrology than most, it is not so much concerned with prediction, but with the soul's longing for spiritual growth and transformation. A very good read.
Petra
May 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: astrology
Moje první kniha od Arroya, která mi otevřela mysl i duši. Astrologie dostává v autorově pojetí nový rozměr, je odprostěna od zastaralých koncepcí a stereotypních vzorců a zasazena jak do běžného života, tak do zákonitostí vesmíru. Za mě jedna z nejlepších astrologických knih, které se mi dostaly do rukou.
rae
Feb 06, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: astrology
wow. way over my head, but definitely insightful and thought-provoking. arroyo doesn't provide easily digestible examples, but instead discusses the principles and patterns behind the planetary aspects of Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto (apparently the planets associated with karma? i'm obviously a beginner).

i'll have to go back to it in a few years.
Diane Fraser
Jul 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is one of those books where I found myself nodding on almost every page because he was talking about me, or someone close to me. It goes deep into the outer planets and their transits. One gains a much better understanding of karma, too, from this book.
Ellen
Feb 15, 2013 rated it did not like it
This book is impossibly dense and therefore it's content is highly unapproachable. Arroyo seems to think that long, tortured sentences using the passive voice convey intelligent content. Nope!
Karen Christino
Mar 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: astrology
One of the first astrology books I read -- a modern classic in psychological astrology.
Deborah
Aug 11, 2009 added it
Helped me learn Astrology
William Strasse
Apr 09, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Another great book for getting into the "deeper" aspects of astrology. There is a lot to take in, so it might not be for those who have only a casual interest in astrology.
Kristal
Mar 15, 2011 rated it it was amazing
GREAT READ!
Jeremy Neal
May 12, 2009 rated it really liked it
Very strong on spiritual themes, but not a reference.
  • Planets in Transit: Life Cycles for Living
  • Saturn: A New Look at an Old Devil
  • The Gods of Change: Pain, Crisis, and the Transits of Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto
  • Karmic Astrology, Vol. 1: The Moon's Nodes and Reincarnation
  • Chiron and the Healing Journey: An Astrological and Psychological Perspective
  • Pluto, Volume I: The Evolutionary Journey of the Soul (Llewellyn Modern Astrology Library)
  • Aspects in Astrology: A Guide to Understanding Planetary Relationships in the Horoscope
  • Astrology, a Cosmic Science
  • The Astrologer's Handbook
  • Asteroid Goddesses: The Mythology, Psychology, and Astrology of the Re-Emerging Feminine
  • Healing Pluto Problems
  • Predictive Astrology: The Eagle and the Lark
  • The Changing Sky: A Practical Guide to Predictive Astrology
  • The Astrology of Self-Discovery: An In-Depth Exploration of the Potentials Revealed in Your Birth Chart, Emphasizing Neptune, Pluto, the Moon & the Outer Planet Transits
From Wikipedia:

Stephen Arroyo (born October 6, 1946 in Kansas City, Missouri) is an American author and astrologer.[1]

Arroyo has written seven books on psychologically oriented astrology which outline his theory that the individual’s experience of the Solar System’s impacts on their personal energy field, both psychological and physical. His works recast astrological concepts in psychological ter