Start by marking “Foxe Hunt (Skyler Foxe Mystery, #2)” as Want to Read:
Foxe Hunt (Skyler Foxe Mystery, #2)

Foxe Hunt

(Skyler Foxe Mysteries #2)

High school English teacher Skyler Foxe finally hooks up with gorgeous assistant football coach Keith Fletcher.

But is the man what he seems to be? Skyler still has his doubts when he spies Keith in some shady circumstances. And there are still some unanswered questions as to what exactly is going on at the high school. Who thought high school could be so sinister?

Meanwhi
Published September 9th 2011 by MLR Press, LLC (first published September 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Foxe Hunt, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Foxe Hunt

A Girl Has No Name
4 stars!

I started this series quite recently and really enjoyed the first part - we got a solid mystery with interesting characters and nearly no romance.

This part of the story is different: while we still have a mystery, I didn't like this one as much as the first. It wasn't as intriguing and I saw it coming for quite a while. The focus lay much more on the developing relationship between Skyler and Matt. They have their ups and downs; Skyler isn't quick in trusing somebody completely and his
Heather C
Things I Loved:
◆When Skyler played teacher. I think he was most intelligent during this time and less obnoxious.
◆The teenagers: Rick, Alex, Heather, and Amber. Sadly, they are smarter than Skyler!
◆All the great one-liners: Sorry, I'm still lazy and didn't highlight anything this time either.
◆It had lots of Hot Man-Lovin'...(view spoiler)
◆When Skyler and Keith danced. Aww, so sweet.
(view spoiler)
Lena♥Ribka
May 09, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: contemporary

I am currently on my I-AM-NOT-IN-THE-MOOD-FOR-A-LONG-REVIEW phase, so I'll make it short.

I am a bit disappointed with Foxe Hunt. Because I really enjoyed the first book and was almost sure that the second book would be better.

The most strange thing- I can't even explain WHY I didn't like it as much as I'd hoped.
It was the whole package that didn't work for me:

Skyler. A nice guy next door from the first book turned into a capricious diva who became increasingly annoying.

Keith Fletcher. Gorgeous
Mandapanda
Sep 20, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: various-romance
3.5 stars. Second in the Skyler Foxe Mysteries. The further adventures of our cute and meddlesome English Lit teacher. This time an ex-army vet and old friend of Skyler's is found dead, presumed to have committed suicide. As usual Skyler is on the case, helped by his friends and (dare he say it?) boyfriend.

The TSTL factor is a bit more annoying in this second book. Skyler and Keith finally get it on and their newly budding relationship goes through quite a few hurdles. Not least of which are Sky
Mark
Oct 27, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So as I said, I can never leave a series up in the air and that is why I went straight on to book two in this series. There is something to be said in waiting until all books have been published before embarking on a series and I must admit it’s great being able to segue from one book to another especially when the ending of each book leaves you on a bit of a cliff hanger and wanting to know what’s coming next. I also love it when you start to get invested in a series, its characters and when th ...more
Natalia
Oct 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Re-read December 2018
Ami

I would love to like this book better, since I love book #1 Foxe Tail, and I am quite taken with Skyler as a character. Then I see many good reviews on this. Alas, it doesn't do very well for me. I have several personal issues with it:

1) Keith Fletcher (who came as a "mysterious" teacher in book #1) comes here for me as an ass. His (too much of) jealousy over Skyler's friends is not pretty. Not to mention that he's "pushy", trying to make Skyler sees things his way. I know that he's 10
Merith
Sep 17, 2011 rated it it was amazing
So, I finish this story and am jonesing badly for the third and final of the series. I'm just hoping it won't be another year before it's released.

Foxe Hunt takes up a week after where Foxe Tail left off. Skyler is getting more and more serious about Keith, and Keith about him. His coolness factor with his students rises even more and he gets caught up in another murder mystery. There are still some strange and mysterious things happening at the school, which he knows Keith is somehow involved.
Anke
Feb 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Another great read in this series - and another one with a cliffhanger! Hate that. At least this time I did something right: started reading after the release of several book of the series:) So, I just have to move on to reading the next installment.

This book, again, had the right amount of fun - the dialogues had me laughing out loud at times - and mystery. It even is believable that Skyler stumbles into his second sleuthing in as many books. Yes, I like him and his friends a lot. Now,
BWT (Belen)
3.75 Stars

Belens Audio Book Review

Skyler Foxe, the bumbling high school teacher who thinks he's a great investigator, is back with another mystery to solve!

Skyler is such a piece of work. I mean, seriously...he succeeds in spite of himself. Even though Skyler is a hot mess served on a hot plate, this series is downright fun. There's something about Walsh's writing that makes this series more addicting with every page turn.

One thing that irks me is that Skyler is still so firmly in the closet. I understand it, but I pr
Viv
Nov 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audiobook
*audiobook version*

Another highly enjoyable visit with my favorite TSTL character, Skyler Foxe! I loved this one more than book 1 because we finally get romance. The romance between Skyler and Keith was so sweet. Another cliffhanger, but that just means I get to listen to another awesome narration by Joel Leslie. Joel really does such a great job with all of the voices. I have absolutely no trouble distinguishing who is talking. This was a fun book and I'm looking forward to the conclusion of th
Amy
Apr 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
***Audiobook*** I enjoyed the first book, but now I have completely fallen in love with Skyler Foxe and the SFC! Sidney, Jamie, Philip (don't call him Phil!), and the hilarious Rodolfo. Yes, the stories are a bit over the top, but seriously how can you not be charmed by this guy and his group of friends? I don't know if I would be enjoying this as much if I were just reading the series. Joel Leslie does such a fantastic job narrating that I think this is a series that is better when listened to. ...more
Snowtulip
Sep 20, 2011 rated it really liked it
I continue to absolutely love this series. The plot and characters continue to keep me fully engaged. Alex and Rick truly shined in this book and I am so anxious to see how their relationship develops; as well as the trials and tribulations that go along with being a teen. This story also had an incredibly sugary sweet moment that put my heart in pitter patter mode. Another great read and I'm anxiously awaiting the next book.
Marc | Rainbow Gold Reviews
Oct 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This series gets more addicting with every word!!! Skyler is a wonderful if flawed main protagonist. I love the mysteries, the humor, the wonderfully developed supporting characters, the romance and sex, the danger and action.

The characters, humor and mysteries are what makes this book and this trilogy an amazing read. This is one of those rare books for me that I couldn't putout of my hand and read in one reading. I'm a slow reader.

READ BOOK ONE FIRST! Do it now )

Lauraadriana
Sep 19, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: crimmie, lmao, m-m
Well that left me wanting #3 to come out like...TODAY!
Lady*M
Jul 22, 2011 rated it it was amazing

Oh, man, I love this series. I'll try to write something more coherent later, but in a nutshell:

- I liked this book both more and less than the first one. More because the relationship between Skyler and Keith moved from the standstill and they are smokin' hot and very sweet together. Less because the book suffers from being the "middle child" and it raises more questions than gives answers, the biggest one being, of course, (view spoiler)
Trisha Harrington
This was another amazing book by the incredible Haley Walsh. I love what she does with these books and I am always looking forward to reading them. I have always been a huge fan of books like these but this has something most others don't. Its not just an mm romance its a mystery novel, a very good one at that. It keeps readers interested.

I will admit Skyler can frustrate me at times, but to me it is all apart of his charm. Keith is hot, he just seems so mysterious and secretive. I love that ab
Paul Lunger
Mar 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The 2nd of Haley Walsh's "Skyler Foxe Mysteries", "Foxe Hunt", is essentially a continuation of the initial offering with an ending that has this reader glad I already own book #3. The book opens with a rare first date for Skyler with fellow teacher Keith Fletcher which has him spending the night. On an outing with his friends, Skyler meets up with 2 prior flames in Evan & Jeff who are trying to get their lives back together after returning home from multiple tours in Iraq. When Evan turns u ...more
Paul
Aug 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bought_it, audiobook
If you like your MC with a bit a snark and also a bit of TSTL, then you'll love Skyler Foxe. This was a fun story with some truly LOL moments. I don't do spoilers, so I won't get into the story, BUT is you haven't read book 1 - Foxe Tail - you really should read it first, if only so you get all the references and somewhat inside jokes.

12/23/2016 - Listening to Audiobook - Joel Leslie is fabulous!!
Aelfwina
Nov 25, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: mm, mystery
Not a big fan of the MCs (one has a dual personality - almost stereotypical flaming twink by night and a supposedly straight-passing high school teacher by day; the other is... tall?). But the overall mystery is kind of intriguing (enough to keep me reading anyway).
⚣❣☙ Michaelle ❧❣⚣
3.9 Stars

Probably the best example of a TSTL MC and yet these books are ridiculously addictive. I can't explain it...but I'm totally on board for the next one once I need it for a challenge.
Gavin Stephenson-Jackman
May 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Haley has created another page turner in her second volume of the Skyler Foxe Mystery Series. English teacher Skyler Foxe is at it again when a long lost friend’s apparent suicide looks more like a staged murder. Still not officially ‘out’ at work he struggles to deal with students looking to him for support in establishing a GSA in the school as well as his attraction to the new assistant football coach/biology teacher ‘Keith Fletcher”.

Skyler and Keith hit it off in an on and off and then have
Linda ~ chock full of hoot, just a little bit of nanny ~
This one was just as much fun as the first one, though perhaps not quite as funny. I'm loving Skyler and all his friends, and Keith is a surprise, for many reasons. (view spoiler) I still find the narrator a little on the stilted side. It works for Skyler, since he's so awkward, but it could be tamed down for the others.

Anyway, Skyler finds himself involved in another mystery when an old college alum is found m
SueM
A good contemporary M/M romance with a twist of 'whodunnit' on the side. That said, I also found Skylar Foxe much more annoying in this novel, as at times he really was TSTL! It's such a pity really, as otherwise I liked and enjoyed the characters and the plot. Skylar certainly grew in some areas, which was nice to see, and I liked most of his interactions with Keith and his students. It's just that the TSTL aspect almost overwhelmed the whole storyline at times, ripping me out of the s
Chris
Sep 20, 2011 rated it liked it
Good m/m romantic suspense about high school English teacher Skyler who gets involved in another murder investigation while trying to decide if he actually has a boyfriend or not. It wasn't until I hit the cliffhanger ending that I remembered I wasn't going to read this one until the next book came out. D'oh! Also, Skyler is starting to reach new levels of TSTL and I spent a fair amount of time wanting to shake him.
Lisa
I enjoyed this second in the series.
Skylar meets up again with some old lovers and one of them is murdered and of course in perfect Skylar fashion he gets involved in solving the mystery of his friends murder.
Loved his friends and also his new love interest. Cant wait to see how everything develops in the next book
Lillian Francis
Feb 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
Seriously, that guy on the cover is nothing like Keith. Does the fact that he is holding a football mean we are supposed to ignore the lack of inches, square jaw and constant stubble!

TBC... the series, not this review.

(view spoiler)
Barb ~rede-2-read~
May 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Barb ~rede-2-read~ by: Sarah
Shelves: favorites, hawt, read-2012
I like thiis one much better than the first book. I especially liked the romance between Skyler and Keith and the dance scene was terrific. Of course, Skyler was a total nut-job much of the time but that is part of his charm. The whole story flowed very nicely. Can't wait for the next in the series.
Enid
First of all: I freaking KNEW IT!!! From book 1 I had my suspicions, but it was a very cruel way to leave us hanging. *sobs* I really, really, REALLY liked this book. The sex scenes were absolutely hot! And I love the development in all the relationships *winks* Looking forward to the next book.
Katie
Jul 31, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, read-in-2013
OMG...how stupid is Skyler? He's awesome when he's with his students and the rest of his life is lived in a fog of stupid...and yet, I have this inexplicable desire to read the next one.
  • Not My Spook! (Spy vs. Spook, #2)
  • Second You Sin (Kevin Connor Mystery #2)
  • Spin Out (Deputy Joe, #2)
  • Home Work (Life Lessons, #3)
  • Missing Daughter, Shattered Family (David Lloyd Investigations #1)
  • Mummy Dearest (The XOXO Files, #1)
  • Deadly Slumber (Deadly Mystery, #4)
  • Continental Divide (Separate Ways, #1)
  • Animal Instinct (Duncan Andrews Thrillers, #2)
  • L.A. Bytes (L.A., #4)
  • Like Pizza and Beer (Dino Martini Mysteries, #2)
  • A Reason To Believe
  • Baby, It's Cold Outside (Bellingham Mysteries, #2)
  • The Hunting Moon (Theo Bourne #1)
Haley Walsh tried acting, but decided the actor’s life was not for her. Instead, she became a successful graphic designer in Los Angeles, her hometown. After fifteen years of burning money in the ’80s and early ’90s, she retired from the graphics industry and turned her interests toward writing. She became a freelance newspaper reporter, wrote articles for quirky magazines, published award-winning ...more

Skyler Foxe Mysteries (8 books)
  • Foxe Tail (Skyler Foxe Mystery, #1)
  • Out-Foxed (Skyler Foxe Mystery, #3)
  • Foxe Fire (Skyler Foxe Mystery, #4)
  • Desert Foxe (Skyler Foxe #5)
  • Crazy Like a Foxe (Skyler Foxe Mysteries, #6)
  • Stone Cold Foxe  (Skyler Foxe Mysteries, #7)
  • Foxe in the Hen House (Skyler Foxe Mysteries, #8)