Start by marking “IOU Sex” as Want to Read:
IOU Sex

IOU Sex

Fiona Carlisle didn't think anything could hurt as much as finding her fiancé in bed with her sister. But receiving an invitation to the happy couple's engagement party comes a close second. Determined to prove to her family and herself that she's moved on, Fiona has every intention of attending, looking red-hot and with an even hotter man on her arm. And there's only one ...more
Published August 1st 2011 by Carina Press

To ask other readers questions about IOU Sex, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about IOU Sex

Kristy
Jul 31, 2011 rated it really liked it
I don’t know about you, but I love a story where a bitch gets what’s coming to her. Combine that with some hot sex and a happy ending and you’ve got the makings of a great story. And that’s just what IOU Sex is.....a great story. (Though, I wish to God it had a different title. I *almost* didn’t read this book based on the title alone. I don’t know why....it just has that “cheezy” vibe to it. Granted, I can’t think of a title that I would prefer over this one, so there ya go.)

Anyway.

Like all of
MBR
What was I expecting when I delved into the first pages of IOU Sex by Calista Fox? Certainly not a story written in the first person though amazingly the author made it work for me, delivering a novella that is worth a read if you love contemporary romances with tinge of erotic sexual content included in the package.

27 year old Fiona Leslie Carlisle hails from a prestigious family, her own mother a Judge, the whole family caring more about keeping up appearances than caring about what being a fa
Jul 29, 2011 rated it liked it
**This book was provided to me via NetGalley**

Fiona Carlisle thought she had everything together. She had a successful career in PR, good looks, and the perfect fiancé whom her parents adored. Imagine her surprise to come home to find her fiancé in bed with another woman; her sister Lizzie. Ouch. Feeling bruised from the ordeal, she swears off men entirely and does all she can to maintain some type of dignity within her affluent family full of lawyers and judges.

Working in PR, Fiona often hires
Laura Cavazos
Sep 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing
When you start reading, you’ll know how it ends, but that doesn’t stop you from keep reading.
Fiona comes from an affluent family… and what a family: her parents always made her do as they pleased, until she got tired, specially from her mother and sister, Lizzie, who have always wanted to be like Fiona, that’s why Lizzie slept with Fiona’s boyfriend (or 69 with him when Fiona caught them in action).

Michael Houston is her best friend-fuck friend, a photographer, really hot man and also a player…
Jessica
Another really good book ruined by a shitty ending. I really liked both the premise and follow through of this little short. The writing was solid it drew you in and kept you hooked AND was solid grammatically/spelling wise (a rarity these days). The heroine reminded me a bit of myself...my family may not be wealthy or prestigious but i definitely know the feeling of being a constant disappointment. It was really fun watching her find her feet and overcome her baggage and gives me hope maybe one ...more
Amanda
Jul 24, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Book: IOU Sex by Calista Fox
Published by: Carina Press on 8/1/11
Received from: Netgalley

Fiona has always lived her life trying to fit into the mold her family has intended for her. That all changes the day she walks in on her fiance and her sister together in her bed. After a short fling that makes her forget herself (and becomes too close for comfort) she throws herself into her work and making a name for herself. Then, she received the wedding rehearsal invite that makes everything come rushin
Kara Parks
Jul 29, 2011 rated it really liked it
Fiona finds her fiancee in bed with her sister and is now invited to their engagement party. She has decided to make a statement of her own and asked best friend Michael to go to the party with her. But Micheal has a condition she will need to stay in his bed for the weekend. Micheal and Fiona both come to realize that their pasts have modeled them and there future needs to be about their love for each other.

I enjoyed this book even though I wished it was longed. I wished the author would writt
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
IOU Sex was a good SHORT read. Actually it felt like I was reading a few chapters out of what could be a great full length book.

I loved seeing how Fiona stood up to her family and faced her commit fears. Micheal is one sexy, smokin' hot, sweet man.

I really liked Michael and Fiona and would've loved to have seen a full length book starting with Fiona walking in on her fiance and sister, then falling into Michael's arms and Michael wooing Fiona.

IOU Sex is an erotic romance with sizzling sex tha
Greselley
Apr 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Wow, that was short. But considering that it was a novella, I really enjoyed it! I wish it could have been longer or if not, it could have an epilogue at least but nevertheless, it was good! It deserved a higher average rating and more readers.
Tina
May 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved the storyline. It was short and steamy. Definitely a great read for an afternoon.
Brie
Aug 11, 2011 rated it liked it
Originally posted at Romance Around the Corner

I requested this book because the synopsis had two of my favorite elements, friends to lovers and scorned lover seeking revenge. I enjoyed it a lot, because it is a novella the story is quite short and straightforward, there’s no drama and you know how it will end, but it had great characters and it was well written. This is the first book I’ve read by this author and I really didn’t know what to expect but I was pleasantly surprised.

Fiona Carlisle n
Stella
Aug 26, 2011 rated it really liked it
I was in a reading slump during a read-a-thon and needed something short and sweet (or sexy) and IOU Sex was exactly that. It is no secret that it was the premise which drew me in and made me want to read this story. I was curious how Calista Fox could unravel such a complex premise and develop it in a novella (if you know me, you know how I hate novellas because usually the length restriction always harms the story), and I have to tell you I was satisfied.

I can't even imagine what poor Fiona mu
Habrewer
Sep 06, 2011 rated it really liked it
IOU Sex by Calista Fox
* I received a copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review*

Fiona has always done everything expected of her until she came home early and found her finance and sister in a compromising situation. Everyone in her family overlooked the drama and accepted that Seth and Lizzie were in “love” and didn’t mean to hurt Fiona. She walked away devastated with her heart shattered. For the past year or so she has been just going through the motions of life but tha
Danielle
Jul 30, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: reviewed
This review was originally posted at Ramblings From This Chick

It's been a year since Fiona came home and caught her fiancé in bed with her younger sister. At the time a broken and distraught Fiona turned to her friend Michael for a shoulder to cry on. That shoulder quickly turned into something more. After three weeks of amazing sex, Fiona decides to end things and be just "friends" with Michael. She's afraid of being hurt again and would rather push someone away rather than face potential pain
Juliana Philippa
A fun and light contemporary romance novella. Fiona and Michael are both great characters, I loved the back and forth between them, and the chemistry was nicely sizzling. The buildup towards the engagement party and seeing what everyone's reaction will be to Fiona's outfit, devil may care attitude, and delicious escort is really enjoyable. I loved Michael's reaction when he goes to pick her up for the party *grin*.

One thing I could have done without was the sudden psychoanalytic revelation that
Sherin
Apr 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
My first book by Calista Fox, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

IOU Sex is a book I almost did not read ;) thinking it would be shallow. Boy, was I wrong! I was actually intrigued by title and loved the sensual cover and since it was a novella, I figured I will read it without judging. Needless to say, it exceeded my expectations and Calista Fox is one of my favorites now ;).

So, this is a friends - lovers theme a reason I was convinced to pick up this read. This is a story of Fiona Carlisle and Michael,
Victoria
Nov 17, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: erotica
So I kinda hated the ending of this book. It’s like after the whole book, I practically didn’t read anything! So this was a novella. An erotic one. Basically, after reading it, I felt super dirty. I mean, if it was a romance with erotic elements in it, I wouldn’t have hated it. But this, I can’t even classify as a romance. Major spoiler. There was no HEA. How can a romance not have a HEA? And thus, this isn’t a romance, short or long either way. It’s simply an erotic novella. Gosh, there was lik ...more
Nicole
Aug 18, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley, romance
First of all, way to undersell a book by saddling it with an inappopriate title. I don't mean that the implication that one person owes another sex is inappropriate, although I wouldn't be the hugest fan of such an arrangement. No, my objection is that the title simply doesn't fit the story. It's hard to review such a short story without being completely spoileriffic, but I can safely say that sex isn't really used as a bargaining chip in this story.

Now that I've said what this book wasn't, let
Desert Rose
Sep 08, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I got this book from NetGalley as an ARC by Carina Press

Fiona caught her fiance with her sister in her bed, she was devastated. Now, its 1 year after the incident and Fiona is invited to their engagement party.
Her mother is very pushy and always berates Fiona for not being as perfect as her sister.

Michael is Fiona's best friend and occasional lover. He is a hot photographer and a ladies man. So after having been crushed by her fiance she doesn't want to risk her heart again.

Now for the party she
Kelly
Full review here: http://secretsofabooklover.blogspot.c...

What a fun novella this turned out to be. The story has been told before, but I honestly never get tired of it. Calista Fox did an excellent job, writing characters that were fun and relatable. She took a new spin on it, though, creating a history between Fiona and Michael. It made the chemistry between them much more believable.

The fact that Fiona has been emotionally scarred makes it difficult for her to trust again, but with some gentl
Becca
After Fiona found her fiance in bed with her sister she was crushed. Her escape was to have a fling with her friend Michael. So when she receives an invitation to her sister's engagement party she knows she's going to need back up in the form of a hot guy. I do love a women scorned book, Fiona decides that she is going to show everyone that she has moved on and demonstrate exactly what her fiance lost when he decided to cheat. Michael agrees to be her date on one condition that she will date him ...more
Bookgyrl
Dec 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
The title put me off at first, but after reading some reviews I decided to go for it. And I liked very much! Fiona has been hurt a lot by the betrayal of her younger sister with her fiance but has kept her head high for the past year. And now she has been invited to the engagement party. So she buys a gorgeous red dress and decides to ask her friend (and rebound lover) Michael to escort her to the party. Michael is hot and attractive and they were together for 3 weeks after the scandal with her ...more
Olive Morrissey
Apr 26, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Brittany
Oct 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
IOU Sex was a fast, hot, steamy book about revenge. Imagine having to go to your little sisters engagement party when the so to be groom is your ex-fiancé. Any woman would have to go and show that they kept their self-confidence and to show you are over your ex. What better way to do that then to dress spectacular and have a gorgeous man with you – unless you fall for him.

I liked this book I just wish it was longer. At around 58 pages, I was able to read this book in about an hour and a half. I
Rustye
Aug 08, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemp, mf
A short, well-written story about a heroine betrayed by her fiance and her sister. Over the next year, the heroine finally comes to terms with the betrayal, discovers some very interesting facts about herself and the new man in her life. Best thing of all is the slap down she finally gives to her sister and ex-fiance at the end. Finally!!! I am so tired of stories where the jilted or betrayed heroine immediately begins a new relationship as if she wasn't at least a little heartbroken by what has ...more
Connie
Jul 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Loved this short, sizzling get even story! Fiona used to be engaged to Seth, until she caught him in bed with Lizzie, her younger sister. Traitors! Now these two shameless creatures have the nerve to invite Fiona to their engagement party. They expect Fiona to show up broken, embarrassed and sobbing her eyes out. Well revenge is sweet. Surprise, surprise Fiona will be attending, with Micheal Houston, a hot, sexy and delicious man and you can bet Fiona won't be the one crying at that little fun-f ...more
Nora Ellen
Aug 20, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: adult
Honestly, I loved this book for the thirty minutes it took me to read it! The characters were well thought out and greatly believable. Also, I loved the entire story line, the progression of the plot, and the dramatic comclusion. However, it was then over. The end struck; there's no way that I'll ever know what happened after the party.

It was such a great novella that I'm actually very disappointed there was not a suberb ending to match. Yes, there is an ending, but it's arrival is so corrupt th
tyrianpurple
Jan 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014
I don't agree to those who said this is a a PWP.
for me this is a steamy short story with an interesting drama that should be a chapter of wholesome books. because the plot is so interesting. the conversation woooow I am falling in love with. and the smut. well yeah hot with lots of orgasm and dirty talk. sans the PDA. then it would be perfect.

I want more of michael and fiona!

this books' conversation really refreshing and eat-it-in-your-face sharp. so this makes it to my fave list.
Kari
Aug 01, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2011, novella
I loved Michael and Fiona together. They had a history and I could really feel their attraction for one another. There was just enough back story that I felt I knew where both characters were coming from. I loved how Fiona handles herself at the engagement party. It was a hilarious scene and I was cheering her on all the way. The love scenes were steamy and very entertaining. Great story and one I definitely recommend reading!
Heather in FL
I really enjoyed this one. I love that Fiona and Michael were sort of in the same boat in terms of past relationships. And I loved that Fiona wasn't going to let her family get to her. Michael was so sweet. And a relatively patient man! I thought it was a nice story about learning to take that risk and love again.

• Learning Curves
  • Negligee Behavior
  • Catch Me
  • Don't Call Her Angel
  • Challenging Carter (The Strip, #3)
  • Wild Kisses (Wildwood, #2)
  • A Clockwork Christmas
  • Dangerous Race (Adrenaline Highs, #1)
  • Steele (House Of Payne, #5)
  • Creative License
  • A Lesson in Temptation (Stanton Family, #4)
  • Firsts
  • Callan (The Uncompromising, #5)
  • The Theory of Attraction: The Theory of Attraction\A Shot in the Dark\Forbidden Fantasies
  • Rising Freestyle (Extreme Adventure Book 2)
  • Rancher to the Rescue
  • Wild & Sweet (The Haven Brotherhood, #2)
  • Her Perfect Getaway (Bridesmaids in Paradise #1)
"Combines pulse-pounding danger and passionate love...tantalizing." – Publishers Weekly (Burned Deep trilogy)

Calista is a former PR professional, now writing fast-paced, steamy books to set your pulse racing! Her publishing houses include St. Martin’s Press, Grand Central Publishing and Harlequin. She is an Amazon bestseller and has won many Reviewer’s and Reader’s Choice Awards, as well as Best B