Start by marking “Overcoming Adrenal Fatigue: How to Restore Hormonal Balance and Feel Renewed, Energized, and Stress Free” as Want to Read:

3.56  ·  Rating details ·  73 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews

Restore Adrenal Balance and Regain Your Energy, Vitality, and Health

Your adrenal glands play a key role in helping you control stress and maintain energy throughout the day. When these small but important glands malfunction, you may start to notice the telltale signs of adrenal fatigue. Decreased energy, weight gain, mood changes, inability to handle stress, and a weake

Published May 1st 2011 by New Harbinger Publications

To ask other readers questions about Overcoming Adrenal Fatigue, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Overcoming Adrenal Fatigue

Sybil
Jun 08, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think my main disappointment with this book is that I have already read a few others that were more in depth so I didn't really learn anything new from this one. I think if you are new to the idea of adrenal fatigue or want to figure out if you have it, then this book would be a decent place to start your research.
Annie Kate
Jul 28, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: want-to-own, food, health
Do you currently experience significant stress? Have you experienced significant stress or trauma in the past? Are you unwell?

If your answer is ‘yes’ to at least two of the above questions, it’s likely you have some adrenal fatigue that may be influencing your physical, mental, and emotional health.

Adrenal function plays a role in most illness, from frequent colds, aches, and allergies to weight gain, mental illness, and even autoimmune diseases such as cancer and MS.

In this book, former MS pat
Andrecrabtree
I bought this book because I've been having a number of health issues, related only by onset and an interwoven waxing and waning of symptoms. In digging around it sounds suspiciously like its related to suboptimal hormone balance. It's lead me to the concept of adrenal fatigue. It explains a lot, but I'll need to talk to my doctor; hopefully he's receptive. Otherwise it's off to find a Naturopath.
Jul 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent primer on how the body works in regard to the adrenals, as well as thorough description of testing to perform and treatments. Although the risks of adrenal fatigue are many, the book presents hope and possibility of healing.
Andrea
Sep 08, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I found this book informative. There was some new facts in this book that I learned and the information was helpful. Some good supplements and diet changes to think about and I like that the author offered simple little home tests to help you figure out if this is an issue to pursue.
Beth E
Mar 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction, health
Very helpful guide to understanding the biology of adrenal function and healthy eating/supplements to help heal adrenal fatigue.
Tammy
Mar 31, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: health-and-diet
Overall, a pretty good book. I grumbled a bit when I saw favorable mentions toward eating grains, but aside from that this book has some good suggestions about restoring health.
Justin
May 22, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: maybe-buy, hpa-t
There were some very useful sections on testing. Most of the ideas I had already known from other books.
John