Start by marking “Gentleman's Guide to Grooming and Style” as Want to Read:
Gentleman's Guide to Grooming and Style

Gentleman's Guide to Grooming and Style

Those who study Bernhard Roetzel's wonderful book need have no worries. Here is all one needs to assume the mantle that epitomises civilized man. Here is richness indeed - for here is the gentleman's handbook.
Published May 15th 2001 by Sterling Publishing (first published 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Gentleman's Guide to Grooming and Style, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gentleman's Guide to Grooming and Style

Start your review of Gentleman's Guide to Grooming and Style
Jan
Jul 09, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018, moje
Tato kniha je opravdu nadčasová a o pánském stylu oblékání má opravdu hodně co říct. Hezké obrázky, příjemně se čte, čtenáře vzdělá v tématech látek a střihů či druhů obuvi.

Když ale člověk začne hledat něco konkrétního, zjistí, že je tahle kniha docela povrchní. Kapitola o holení vás odbyje popisem toho, jak vás oholí v salónu (kdo má čas se třikrát týdně někam objednávat?), tipů na vhodné kombinace barev a vzorů se nedočkáte skoro vůbec (jistě, záleží i na osobním vkusu a módní odvaze ale... Ně
Bucko
Dec 09, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Each of my brothers and I received a copy of this book for Christmas a few years ago. "Life-altering" is perhaps too strong a word, but it was instrumental in helping me make the long slow journey from adolescence to adulthood.

Here, you'll learn how to care for a shirt, how to properly pack a suit-jacket in a suitcase, how to properly was your hair - there's almost nothing left uncovered. I particularly enjoy the chapter about shoes.

It's not perfect; at times it can focus a bit too much on Engli
Hasan Cosalev
Oct 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good referance for gentilmen fashion and dress code. But it should be updated.Because in 2013 has new dress codes' details. Jacket styles, New terms, etc... We know that Uk editors looking the world on a traditional vision.I think it should change.
César Tonatiuh
May 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Un big black book de saber usar textiles y de apariencia. Es un clásico insuperable pues incluye al rey del estilo. El duque de Windsor, cuyas ideas de vanguardia abrieron el camino que hoy en día sigue la moda del hombre.
BeyondDL
Apr 01, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: the-big-list
Rich in illustration and neat in discussion, Roetzel's book serves up some useful information on Gentlemanly fashion.
Karl Royce
Jul 15, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Make your disheveled boyfriend read this.
Florian
Jan 30, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Der ideale Ratgeber für alle Kleidungs- und Stilfragen. Kann ich jedem nur empfehlen, der sich mit Anzügen, Krawatten & Co. auseinandersetzen muss oder will. ...more
Frederick J
Jan 28, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A terribly amusing book. But how seriously can you take a book that suggests a gentleman might dry clean his Levi jeans to keep them from fading?
Patrick
Mar 21, 2008 rated it really liked it
Contains everything a man should ever know about dress, grooming and etiquette.
Tarjei Vågstøl
Nov 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
This book has been my standard reference on style for years.
Andrew
Aug 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
Very thorough and very British. A nice reference for any man to have. Lavish pictures.
Steve
Sep 16, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: being-a-guy
I love this book. It has great explanations on the different types of shoes, shirt collars and accessories. A great friend introduced me to this book, so it holds a special meaning for me.
Eetu Kirsi
Jul 31, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Oivallinen perusteos klassiseen miestenmuotiin. Helppo tapa aloittaa harrastus.
Peter
Apr 21, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fashion-grooming
My bible of classic men's fashion. Everything you need to know about what to wear when, what it should be made of, and how it should fit.
Trond Øyvind

• The Glorious Cause: The American Revolution, 1763-1789
  • Great Streets of the World: From London to San Francisco
  • George, Nicholas and Wilhelm: Three Royal Cousins and the Road to World War I
  • Empire of Wealth: The Epic History of American Economic Power
  • American Nations: A History of the Eleven Rival Regional Cultures of North America
  • Bibliophile: An Illustrated Miscellany
  • The Monuments Men: Allied Heroes, Nazi Thieves, and the Greatest Treasure Hunt in History
  • Handmade Shoes for Men
  • Peter and the Moon
  • Santo oficio de la memoria
  • The Age of Extremes: A History of the World, 1914-1991
  • Battle Cry of Freedom
  • Confederates in the Attic: Dispatches from the Unfinished Civil War
  • Little Frida
  • Africanus: El hijo del cónsul (Publio Cornelio Escipión, #1)
  • Flash for Freedom (The Flashman Papers #3)

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »
Bernhard Roetzel wurde am 17. August 1966 in Hannover geboren. Aufgrund der wissenschaftlichen Tätigkeit seines Vaters zog er mit seiner Familie mehrfach um, u. a. nach Berlin und Pretoria. Das Gymnasium besuchte er in Schleswig-Holstein und studierte nach seinem Wehrdienst Grafik-Design in Hannover. Er arbeitete als Werbetexter, PR-Berater und Drehbuchautor in Hamburg, Frankfurt und Köln. Seit 19 ...more

News & Interviews