Start by marking “Ash Swan (The Cob Brothers, #1)” as Want to Read:
Ash Swan (The Cob Brothers, #1)

Ash Swan (The Cob Brothers #1)

3.58  ·  Rating details ·  570 Ratings  ·  36 Reviews
When Prince Landon Cob sees Brian Dawson he's not sure what to make of the bicycle courier with a pierced nose and green streaks in his hair, but the man's gentleness in feeding the waterfowl strikes a chord with him. When he meets the courier again in the elevator, he takes the first step that will change the rest of his life. In this story of Swan Prince meets Cinderfell ...more
Published August 31st 2011 by Resplendence Publishing (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Ash Swan, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ash Swan

Vicktor Alexander
Sep 04, 2011 rated it liked it
This book was okay for me. There were so many parts of Brian's life and mother and history that I felt were just left to blow in the wind. The sex scenes seemed to have great promise but still fall short (it might be all the conversation, I think at one point I actually groaned and said "Shut up and fuck already!" which is funny because they couldn't hear me). The plot was still very interesting and the story had great depth to it.

I'm glad that there are going to be more books because even the w
Ami
Combining a fairy tale of Six Swans and Cinderella, it's a story filled with magic and how true love breaks curses. Prince Landon Cob has been staying in Earth for 4 years before taking the rein in Aria. In the last days, he meets Brian (who lives with his stepfather and step brothers), and they fall in love. But Landon evil sister who works together with an evil sorcerer, tries to stop Landon from getting back to Aria by putting a curse. The curse turns the Cob princes (there are six of them) i ...more
Phaney
Jan 23, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
I’d wanted to read this for a long time but kept pushing it off.

This is a cheerful and airy fairy tale, rather light on logic or consistency. That doesn’t pose much of a problem here, since no one could take this story seriously. (And I mean that in a good way.)
Amber Kell’s abbreviated style is in evidence, which kind of works because the story is just so short.

The editing’s somewhat poor. I have no clue why that surprised me. After all, having two people work on something might make it more com
Chris
Jul 21, 2011 rated it liked it
Good paranormal m/m romance loosely based on the fairytale of the Six Swans. In the first installment of this series, the crown prince, who's living on Earth for a few years before taking the throne, rescues a handsome bike courier who'd fallen into a pond while feeding ducks and geese in the park, then proceeds to get to know the courier better...
TS
Mar 04, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: m-m-fantasy
I... read it to the end. I liked Brian, I really did, but the whole story was just a big disappointment. The clichés and sappy moments... there were so many of those I wondered if I would drown on them. Even as I write this review, I am thinking of book 2... the author managed to peek my interst with a mention to the fairy that lost his magic. I so hoped that he would be the star of the next book, but again, disappointment is what I got. Now I know better and will check book 3 out before getting ...more
Tyra Berger
Sep 26, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2011
Two of my favorite authors writing together, as soon as I saw this I was squealing like a fan girl. Both authors are great at taking what could be run of the mill story lines and making them into unique, hot, can't put down, page turners. Add in some amazing sex and a happily ever after and what more could you ask for. They have taken the Cinderella and Swan Princess fairytales and married them together with a bit of a twist. And of course it's the twist that makes it really decadent.

Landon will
Julesmarie
Jun 06, 2012 rated it really liked it
Sweet, adorable, fun, and hilarious! Petra totally cracks me up, and it might be because i just started re-watching parts of Charmed on Netflix, but in my mind she totally had Paige Matthews's voice.

Landon and Brian together are just so perfect. My heart just melted watching Landon race across the street in his expensive suit to pull the beautiful stranger out of the mud. Best meet cute EVER!

I actually loved how cool Brian was as he learned about Landon and all that was involved in Landon's life
Anne
Nov 05, 2014 rated it it was ok
This story is very fast paced. Due to the fast pace, the story appears to have inconsistencies. For instance, in the beginning, they both have doubts about entering a relationship with each other, but they quickly began dating. The doubts are never really addressed, they just seem to rush into a relationship.

I liked the characters, but I prefer my male romance stories to not have a female as a main character {the fairy}.

The couple has a HEA in that they love each other and plan to stay together
Pam
Aug 31, 2011 rated it really liked it
I'd give it a 3.5

Its a fun and lighthearted read loosely combining the fairytales of the Six Swans and Cinderella (from a guys point of view). I liked the main characters of Landon and Brian. They're are different as different can be but they fit like interlocking puzzles pieces... just perfectly.

I also liked the fairy godmother, Petra. She's a hoot and I hope to see more of her in the future. Then there's the youngest brother, Dack. I enjoyed this guy and how he tried to stand up to their evil
Pete W
Sep 02, 2011 rated it it was ok
I am not really sure why but I didn't really like this one very much. Sure there are many cute and funny moments but as a whole I find it somewhat boring story. Somehow I felt that the story didn't flow smoothly. Some of the plot seems to jump or resolve without anyone notice until afterward.

The book also ended at the point where the real adventure began. I hope the next book will be better and maybe release quickly. And I wondered if every brothers will be gay or not... If so I wondered how wil
T Silver
Aug 24, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: m-m-fantasy
Cynthia Osborne
Sep 08, 2011 rated it liked it
OK This book was alright, I do not like jumping from one scene to another all that much but at least these authors did it by chapter. I wanted more of the main characters. I will get the rest of the books because the story is continuing on from book to book. I did not feel the book is complete for the first book, everything was still up in the air with the couple they said I love you and all but still felt something missing. I would recommend you to get it if you like continuations through out a ...more
Ana
May 09, 2014 rated it liked it
Rachel Emily
4.5 star read from me! I think this is going to be a fantastic series! It's a combination of sci-fi/fantasy with fairy tales and sweet romances that I love to expect from these two authors. I think this was a great setup for the series and am looking forward to the other princes getting their own stories. It's Cinderfella meets the Swan Prince, what a great combination! Definitely looking forward to more!
Sadonna
Sep 24, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: pdf, mm
Hmmmmm. This was about a 2.5 rounded to 3 for me. It's the beginning of a series I guess but I found the writing a bit choppy. I liked Landon and Brian and I though Petra was a hoot, but I felt like I was missing something. That being said, I'll be reading the next installment to find out exactly what that is!
Tj
Jul 27, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2011
A good start to a "fair tale" story. It a was a "fluffy" read. I enjoyed it but it isn't deep. I would have loved to seen more background into Brian and a little more struggle with the relationship. I will read more though, I enjoy "fluffy" reads especially on bad days.
Mary
Feb 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I know that both authors have great books on their own, but put them together and they make a book you want more of. I couldn't wait for the next book in the series to come out, and then the next. Keep them coming in this series.
Alina Neacşu
Jul 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
“I’m not helping, I’m cursing,” Petra sang out happily.
A jolt of alarm went through Brian. “Please tell me you didn’t just turn them into frogs? While I may not like them, that still doesn’t mean I want them to be full of warts and ribbits.”
“Don’t worry, I’m just making them all bald and fat.”
Ellie
Dec 01, 2011 rated it really liked it
I really liked this book and the storyline is interesting. Just wondering whether there is gonna be a continuation to this series as I'm curios to know how the rest of the brothers are gonna turn out. I love the fairy godmother. My favourite character
Janet
Sep 02, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: paranormal
Nice read.
Shelley
Jul 21, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm
Isabella
Aww, so sweet, loved the fairy tale aspect of the story. The authors are wicked fairy godmothers!!!
Clover
Jul 24, 2011 rated it really liked it
good beginning for this serie. very fun too.
Nikko
Jun 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites, fluffy
A great read!! I totally loved it!! I keep smiling while reading this!!
Belinda
Sep 28, 2011 rated it it was ok
This reads like a first draft. The story is jumbled and doesn't flow. Overly sweet like all of Hecht's latest works.
Hearts On Fire Reviews
Reviewed by: Kevin
Publisher: Resplendence Publishing
Genre: M/M Paranormal
Rated: 3 Hearts

Check out the review at: http://heartsonfirereviews.com
Teeny
Finished the first 3 books (yeap I read them from the third to the first) and I really Really REALLY want to read Dack's story, but no sequel has been released for a year T_T
Barb
Sep 09, 2011 rated it really liked it
This is a great new take on the Cinderella story, only this time with men! A happy ending and the beginning of a great new series for two of my favorite authors!
Anirbas
Sep 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Very cute,and funny ^^
  • Nature of the Beast (Outside the City #1)
  • Carnal Intentions (Lost Shifters #4)
  • Covenant in Blood (Partnership in Blood, #2)
  • Blood of a Leo (Solomon's Pride #1)
  • Not One Word
  • An Admirer (Jewel Bonds, #1)
  • Hell Hath No Fury (The City, #1)
  • Draconian Measures (Gaven, #3)
  • A Boy and His Dragon (Beings in Love #2)
  • Sparkle And Purr (Midnight Matings #10)
Amber Kell has made a career out of daydreaming. It has been a lifelong habit she practices diligently as shown by her complete lack of focus on anything not related to her fantasy world building.

When she told her husband what she wanted to do with her life he told her to go have fun.

During those seconds she isn't writing she remembers she has children who humor her with games of 'what if' and let
More about Amber Kell...

The Cob Brothers (3 books)
  • The Swimming Swan (The Cob Brothers, #2)
  • The Helpful Swan (The Cob Brothers, #3)