Start by marking “Jacob's Ladder: A Shady Grove Mystery” as Want to Read:
Jacob's Ladder: A Shady Grove Mystery

Jacob's Ladder: A Shady Grove Mystery (Shady Grove mystery #1)

3.56  ·  Rating details ·  34 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
When her husband left her for a younger woman, Rose Franklin bought a camper and started traveling. Eventually, she put down roots in Shady Grove, a campsite along the Mississippi River in West Memphis, Arkansas, where she has lived for six months now. Since she solved the murder of Lawrence Franklin, life has been quiet: she is enjoying her new friends, life next to the r ...more
Published June 12th 2007 by Minotaur Books

To ask other readers questions about Jacob's Ladder, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jacob's Ladder

Debbie Maskus
May 28, 2011 rated it liked it
Jacob's Ladder is the second book of the Shady Grove series set in a trailer park along the Mississippi River in West Memphis, Arkansas. I enjoyed this book more than the first book, Down by the Riverside. Both books contain spiritual and religious references. This story centers on the American Indian artifacts and history. An old Indian camps his trailer in Shady Grove, but is killed that same night. Of course, Rose Franklin jumps into the ring to find the killer. This action lands Rose into be ...more
Grey853
Aug 15, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: mystery
I had serious problems with Rose Franklin, the lead character in the book, as well as the writing style. There was far too much repetition as Rose gives accounts to the police, and far too much telling and not showing.

I didn't find Rose a particularly clever or likeable character. The way she's written keeps her at a distance from the reader. The mystery itself had potential, but it just wasn't realized as it could've been.
Linda G
Apr 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Awesome book! Loved it. On to the next one in the series, Swing Low, Sweet Chariot.
Pam
Jul 14, 2008 marked it as to-read
Shelves: mystery, new-mexico
07/12/08 rec via bookmooch
Donna
Oct 09, 2011 added it
This was another Shady Grove Mystery that I thoroughly enjoyed as I have the others. These are light mysteries with lovable characters. I especially like reading about this area of the country.
Pam
Janice metivier
Jul 08, 2015
Dru
Apr 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I picked up the first book in this series on a whim - I wanted something different to read. Well, I'm really liking them. It's light reading, with a little mystery and some humor. I will definitely read more by this author.