Start by marking “Emily's Affair” as Want to Read:
Emily's Affair

Emily's Affair

Emily Stafford has fallen into heat and needs it bad. Real bad. After one innocent run-in with her neighbor and his sexier-than-homemade-sin voice at the mailroom in her condominium complex, she had a toe curling… you know. When her second encounter with the object of her lust is just as innocent and has the same result, Emily decides to seize the moment and have herself a ...more
Nook, 197 pages
Published July 20th 2011 by Elijana Kindel (first published July 18th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Emily's Affair, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Emily's Affair

Start your review of Emily's Affair
Hbeebti
Dec 29, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebies
This was a very enjoyable read. It was pretty charming and at times pretty funny. Jake was what most women would want in a man. He was sweet and kind, but possessive and protective. But Jake isn't perfect either. Jake was been wanting to get to know his neighbor Emily for the past two months. But Jake also wants more, more than sex. He thinks that there could be more with Emily.

Emily/Lee yes she has two names because at times is two different people. Emily is sweet and innocent where as Lee is
~*~Brooke's Stripped Down Reviews~*~
I just knew that I would love this book and it did NOT disappoint! Jake is dreamy, who doesnt love a bartender? Especially one who is looking for a relationship, instead of a "wham-bam-thank-you-m'am" lol I liked Emily/Lee (Yes, I speak as if they are two people...you'll see why), strong, independent, but lacking something in her life. Jake & Emily are PERFECT together, they balance each other out...I loved every second of their story!
Nichole ~Bookaholic~
I made it to 30% and could just not take anymore this one is not for me. I did not find Emily/Lee believable, nor her friends/co-workers...in fact some of the shit pulled by her friend was so not what a friend would do that it did not make the story believable...and I am sorry but a 28 year old virgin who is so hot for a guy she can come just with the sound of his voice....sorry don't buy it....
Army-mom
Oct 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
Alpha male playing his cards right to win his future wife. A nice romance story.
Caro [The Book Rogue]
Cover: I love guy covers, and isn't this one totally hot? And how she grabs him from behind... raw!

Plot: It's pretty much as the summary indicates. Emily and Jake are totally lusting after another, but also fall in love with the other. There's also some nice side story about giving help to others like you received before out of pure conviction that it's the right thing.

Characters: Jake was the cutest thing. Really, he grew to be a very, very loveable character, and I could totally see how he would/>/>
Anne OK
Jan 03, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2013-reads

This one resembles a “Cinderella” fantasy romance. Poor girl on the streets with hard luck family story makes good. Meets a gorgeous guy with a history all his own who can give her orgasms just with the sound of his voice when they meet up at the mailbox. He lives in her building and has already fallen for her at first sight. Of course, one of them doesn’t want a forever after and the other is bound and determined to get exactly that.

There are just too many missing pieces and unanswered questi
Tara Marie
Nov 05, 2012 rated it really liked it

So here is what I thought... I absolutely loved the story but I also felt it was lacking... It was enough to keep my attention but not enough to suck me in and make me want to know more. I was left with a so-so feeling about this book. I want to know who booker was and how he came to know lee and Marilyn, I wanted to know what happened to jake that drove him to drink heavily and go to rehab... I wanted more back story. So while I gave it a 4 star it was more like a 31/2 star rating for me
Gayl Taylor
Jan 08, 2013 rated it liked it
While I did enjoy this overall, there were too many things about the h/h that didn't hit the mark with me. I liked the characters and thought they were well crafted but Emily (Lee) and Jake's relationship left me wanting more. She is a savvy and successful self-made business woman (and a virgin) who has orgasms at the sound of Jake's voice. He is every bit the alpha male and I admit I adored him. They set their sights on each other and the fun begins. Although some things were lacking for me, it ...more
Cathey
May 02, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I guess it was ok. I finished it about a week or so ago. I remember that I finished reading it, but I don't remember many details. So I'm giving it a neutral rating.

I sort of remember the ending, so I will say that if I read one more book where the couple leaves all the contraception to the man and accidentally end up pregnant because he was too overcome with passion to use a condom -- especially in a less-than-stable relationship -- I will have to write to the author, explaining modern methods
Jacquie Talento
Oct 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
All Lee wants is to have her first experience with a man to be with Jake along with a no-strings attached agenda. All Jake wants is a lasting relationship and he thinks Lee is the one for him. But is Lee willing to admit to herself that she needs someone in her life just as much or is she destined to a life of solitude? This was a cute story.
Andriana
Dec 31, 2012 rated it it was amazing
OMG I absolutely loved this book!!! Not only was the story line intriguing but it was funny as hell!! The dry humor flying around brought rears to my eyes! The relationship between Emily, Marylin and Booker was one of a kind. They were hilarious! And the fact that she met Jake who matched her at every step was an added bonus! Loved loved loved it!!!
Germaine
A twenty-eight year old virgin heroine who has multiple orgasms from just the sound of the hero's voice... The plot continues downhill for another two hundred and forty pages. Bad writing, unbelievable plot, contrived sexual encounters, unlikeable characters, this book has it all. Once again, Goodreads needs to let us award minus stars. Emily's Affair deserves at least five.
Jeanette Hornby
Characters with loads of spark, an interesting tale, and plenty of sexual tension. I enjoyed this novel. A good read.
Danielle Calabrese
May 06, 2012 rated it liked it
A cute read with two fun likable main characters and some minor characters that aren't too bad themselves!
Inês
Feb 22, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2013, recent-favs
Loved this book :) It was fun and lovely. I love the characters but it was too small. I wanted more.
Rachel Webb
Mar 01, 2012 rated it it was ok
Something about it was just alright. A simple quick read
Debbie
Nov 24, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance

I read this immediately after reading Lucien (manipulating the masters) and found it a much better read!

Emily, or Lee and Jake have been dancing around each other in the lobby for months. Both have it bad, real bad!

Emily wants just an affair, Jake doesn't. Jake sets out to break down Emily's fears and barriers, and he WILL get what he wants.

Mush deeper read than Lucien, the characters have more depth, and roundness to them. the plot line i
Madeline
Jul 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2013
I totally had fun reading this story; despite Emily's situation of still carrying around a V-card at 28yr of age, I enjoyed Jake's and her encounter and back and forth taunting and readings. I like Marilyn's character and Booker; they truly are seemed to care for Emily and her well-being, not to mention they helped her get to where she wanted to be. I think most readers would enjoy this book as well. :)
Lisa Hall
Apr 30, 2013 rated it liked it
Emily's Affair is a romping tease of a story. It's light in tone and cute, as long as you suspend rational thought. The characters are fairly developed, although I will say they make more sense if you don't look too deep or question much of anything. The plot is predictable, as many readers of romance feel it should be and comes to a satisfactory ending. Overall a fun read, not something you can sink your teeth into.

Mary Roya
Dec 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
Ok, if you are looking for a fun, delightful and sexy story, this is it. If you are looking for something deep and meaningful....move on. Our heroine, Lee Stafford (aka Emily) is a 28 year virgin. Our heroine doesn't want to be a virgin anymore. She has the hots for Jake Grayden. Just hearing his voice she has an orgasm. Ok, really? Yes, really, just sit back and enjoy the fantasy. The story is funny. I liked it. It was a fun read and it made me smile.
Regina
Sep 20, 2013 rated it it was ok
It was cute story. It had spots that could been filled. At times it jumped days had it took a few sentences to realize that the story had moved on in days. And events that would have been interesting like how she reacted in the doctors office when she is waiting on test results. Over all it was ok but left you feeling needing more.
B.J.
Dec 10, 2012 rated it liked it
Cute read about successful business woman Lee and her gorgeous Alpha male neighbour Jake who makes the virgin Lee orgasm with just his voice, no lies. This Jake is someone we all want to meet now I'm sure. Sweet tale of how Lee discovers that you can fall in love and admit to dreaming of a happily ever after despite bad experiences. Lovely story. Hilarious secondary characters.
For a free book it was good and not really short. I know that when reading books like this I have to suspend reality. That said I really wished some of this was possible lol. Characters were cute and Jake was something.
Melissa
Oct 23, 2012 rated it it was ok
ehhhh... the plot was a tad ridiculous. 28 yr old virgin that peaks just from hearing the guy talk? falling in love after 2 days? it was kind of silly & a lot unbelievable. i really liked jake though. his character is why im giving this 2 stars instead of one.
Ladying
May 11, 2012 rated it it was ok

2.5 I like the book but couldn't give it a better score cause it jumped a bit. It needed to have a done a better job of editing & i would have given it 4 stars! I like the characters a lot & will try her books again.
Kimberly
Jul 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
I loved it for a short read-the way Emily and Jake were playful and just interacted with each other. It was a story that made me smile most of the way through it
Angie
Oct 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
Sweet read. I liked it a lot and im hoping for another one. I loved the attraction and the chemestry these characters had. I loved the friendship and crazy dialog between the characters. Loved it
Anna
Dec 14, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice romantic story. Not too hot and heavy, more emotional than physical.
Connie
Oct 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Loved it. Very funny I can't. Wait for the next one....
Christine
Oct 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Holy crap. SO much steam that you WILL NOT be able to stop reading... A little heartbreak, but nothing that the ending won't fix ;)

• Just One Night (Decadence Creek, #1)
  • Always (Sexy Suit Romance #1)
  • The Boat Builder's Bed (Wicked in Wellington, #1)
  • Return to You (Laurel Heights, #3)
  • Maid for the Billionaire (Legacy Collection, #1)
  • Beauty and the Feast
  • Bridesmaid Lotto (McMaster the Disaster, #1)
  • Fatal Affair (Fatal, #1)
  • Ready for Love (Gansett Island, #3)
  • Maid in the USA (The Bad Boy Billionaires, #2)
  • Love Me (Take Me, #2)
  • The Executive's Decision (Keller Family, #1)
  • Needing Nita (Serve and Protect, #3.5)
  • Maid for Love (Gansett Island, #1)
  • Alice in Wonderland
  • Sleeping with Paris (City of Love Book 1)
  • Coming Home (Jackson Falls, #1)
  • Forbidden Disclosure (A Billionaire in Disguise, #1)
Elijana Kindel is an indie romance author and head writer elf at EK, Ink who specializes in hot mess (train wrecks waiting to happen) Happily Ever Afters. She lives in the 'burbs of Nashville, TN and does not own a pair of cowboy boots.

For more, check out her website: elijanakindel.com