Start by marking “Sandstorm” as Want to Read:
Sandstorm

Sandstorm (Tales of Tavamara #2)

4.19  ·  Rating details ·  449 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
The Desert is a source of mystery and awe, an uncontrollable land which only the savage Tribes that live there can endure. Stories are told of those wild Tribes who control the untamable Desert, the bloody battles that are waged in a place where alliances are as shifting as the sands. Amongst the Tribes of the Desert, one of the most feared is Ghost, led by the bloodthirst ...more
Nook, 324 pages
Published February 8th 2011 by Less Than Three Press (first published May 29th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Sandstorm, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sandstorm

Vivian ♪(┌・。・)┌
I admit, at first I thought Sandstorm would've been a better book without the harem theme, but as the story progressed and it became obvious who the harem members were going to be I couldn't help but think "Damn. This is pretty sexy." Lol!

Anyway though this isn't one of my favourite works by her, I adored the book and would definitely reread it. It was fun, angst-free, enthralling and definitely worth the buy. I enjoyed it a lot, especially after the incredibly emotionally taxing book I read jus
Vicki
I enjoyed this book very much. I have to admit I was a little disappointed (with all the talk about harem's I expected more sex) but the political intrigue and interesting characters made up for it. I found the contrast between the different Tribe's and then the Tribe's and the "Heathen's" very interesting and the world they lived in was fascinating.
Emy
Jan 18, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sahayl is known as the Sandstorm, son of the bloodthirsty shiek of the Ghost tribe of the Great Desert. The tribes have always fought amongst themselves, but now it looks as though there is an outside threat. The tribes must join together or perish, and Sahayl must reshape the Sands in the way that only a Sandstorm can.

Reading Sandstorm after The King's Harem was certainly an interesting experience. I already kind of knew how the book would turn out, after all. Oops. ^^; For anyone wondering, th
Anatheia
The world setting and the plot was really interesting and original.
It was a really good plot, I loved it.

Unfortunately, the romance was not there. I can find love in a menage relationship, I don't have anything against it. But in a harem? Sorry, I can't. It's not love. It's lust and affection.
There is no real connection between them, except Sahayl and Isra.

It was disappointing because the rest is amazing. Megan Derr has a gift for telling stories and has a beautiful style. She's one of my favo
Katie
Feb 01, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, read-in-2013
If it hadn't taken me until 33% to figure out who was who and what was going on, I'd have considered 5 stars for this. :) Despite that, I thought it was a great book.
TS
Jun 02, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m-fantasy
The story was great up to the point that he had to add all three of them to his harem. The it was just ok. It went downhill from there: he got married to a woman!!!
Calk me old fashioned but what's wrong with a plain old two-people relationship?
Don't get me wrong, I was all for it when it was the dragons in the Dance With the Devil series, but it just felt really wierd here.

3* for plot outside the romance.
Erica
Feb 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A little slow starting out (too many people to keep track of!) but once I got rolling, I just loved it.
Andrea
Jun 05, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love Megan Derr's work but this was a little too confusing for me.
Buttons
I would recommend you read the Tavamara stories first (Nandakumar, Beynum, Aikhadour, Witcher, Rakiah, The Jewel Of Tavamara and Everything You Need), they are really short with no real plot and good as an introduction to the world setting.
After the Tavamara stories you should read the real story, which I found really entertaining and enjoyed reading, and lastly the short story Knight To Rook. And if you didn't like the short stories you shouldn't read the main story, which is similar in atmosph
Zeh
Jan 27, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ryoma Gartre
The story is compelling and the plot is good, I just would have liked a little more romance. (view spoiler)
Tenny
Oct 20, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When Megan Derr does polyamory, woohoo, she really doesn't hold back. This is definitely not just three people.
While it took me some time before I could orientate in so many names and people and politics going around, but when I finally got it, the book was very enjoyable. I especially liked Sahayl.
AdekYool
As always, since I got hooked up with Derr's books this past couple of months, I found out I really am liking her style of writing! And this one is probably my 9th book of hers so far, and I was not disappointed in the least bit! I loved her way of telling the tales from the desert lands in such a way that made my imagination grow ever more stronger with every page I turn to the next :))
Rachel
Nov 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was so effing good, holy shit. The first book is just love stories (I mean, there's other plot to them, but the point of them is love-story). With this one, there was adventure, and love, and just all-around epic-ness, and it was FANTASTIC.
Alison
Loved it. It ties in, sort of, weaving around "The King's Harem", which I think is great, without spoiling anything. Definitely want to read more of Tavamara.
Olga
Even if it was easy to read, the jumping characters bored me out.
(I love this author though)
Emmie
Oct 23, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, series, no-thanks
my fav author wrote a good book with nice characters and a good plot....I'm just not into it. Huh. it happens.
Storieshaped
Mar 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My most favorite of her books!
Clovernmax
  • Living Words
  • Azure Seas & Dragon Isles
  • That Famous Happy End
  • Fairytales Slashed 4
  • The Land of Night (Scarlet and the White Wolf, #3)
  • A Shadow of a Dream
  • The Devil's Fire (The Kingdom of Orielle, #1)
  • Shadow Hunt
  • Consorting With Dragons
  • By Chance Met (Chronicles of Ylandre, #3)
  • Love & Patience
  • Dracones
  • Angel Bound (His Guardian Angels, #1)
Megan is a long time resident of m/m fiction, and keeps herself busy reading, writing, and publishing it. She is often accused of fluff and nonsense. When she's not involved in writing, she likes to cook, harass her cats, or watch movies (especially all things James Bond). She loves to hear from readers, and can be found all around the internet.

maderr.com
maderr.tumblr.com
maderr.livejournal.com
More about Megan Derr...

Tales of Tavamara (3 books)
  • The King's Harem (Tales of Tavamara, #1)
  • The Harem Master