Start by marking “A Matter of Time, Vol. 1 (A Matter of Time #1-2)” as Want to Read:
A Matter of Time, Vol. 1 (A Matter of Time #1-2)

A Matter of Time, Vol. 1

(A Matter of Time #1-2)

Vol. 1 (Books One and Two)

Jory Keyes leads a normal life as an architect’s assistant until he is witness to a brutal murder. Though initially saved by police Detective Sam Kage, Jory refuses protective custody—he has a life he loves that he won’t give up no matter who is after him. But Jory’s life is in real jeopardy, especially after he agrees to testify about what he sa
Kindle Edition, 2nd Edition, 280 pages
Published July 17th 2011 by Dreamspinner Press (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about A Matter of Time, Vol. 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Matter of Time, Vol. 1

Julio Genao
outrageous fortune.

perfectly absurd, and i ate it up like a pig at the trough.

you set an alpha top like that before me in real life and i would climb him like a tree, slide backwards onto his cock like a chinese gymnast on crystal meth, and spin like a roman fucking candle.

that is all.
Nick Pageant
Jan 18, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m
Let's start with what I like to think is a direct quote from Mary Calmes herself.

description

You're right, Mary. I do love you and I do despair at your plot fuckery. I spent half the book saying this -

description

And the other half doing this -

description

Still, I ate this up and I'm ready for more. Bring it, Calmes!

Wendy
Re-read 1/31/19 10/10/18 7/11/18 1/15/17 6/25/2016

The first time I read this book...which has been many times and years ago, I didn't know what to think. I couldn't stop my eyes from rolling at the OTT scenes that were happening, and I didn't really know how I felt about Jory...who everyone seemed to fall in love with on the spot...or Sam.

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor I just dont know gif

My ignorance didn't take very long though... Within a few chapters I started to look forward to all the OTT, and with each page, I fell deeper and deeper in l
SheReadsALot
4.5 HEARTS--Confession: I am a Jory Keyes and Sam Kage virgin.

Relax...I am Jory virgin, no longer.

I have already considered myself part of the Calmes guild, so to say. I love her words, don't care what anyone else has to say about it. She's my crack and I will huff it whenever I want. Her words give me just what I want: hot alpha vs. a matyr-ish lovable, less dominant man. It's like coming back for your favorite treat each time.

Now I understand the Jory references to all that come after.

Now I ge
Deborah
Mar 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Re-read 7th - 8th September 2018

4.5*

Short review - Oh My God.

Longer review - Having read and loved the OTT craziness that is the Marshalls series I was more than a little intrigued by the amazing Sam Kage.

Once again this is a suspend reality read and while I grew to absolutely love Jory it wasn’t the instant attraction a lot readers felt. He was a little much and I had to settle in but once I did then I fell for him big time.

Now for Sam.
What can I say about Sam?
I tried to be understanding and se
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**

***3.75 Stars***

I'm folding and finally starting this series....and now that I've read the first books, I don't even know what to say?

This was one of the most scatterbrained stories I've ever read, yet so completely addicting! It was over the top and unbelievable, but I just couldn't put the book down.

The plot in a nutshell: Jory witnesses a murder. Detective Sam Kage was working on that case. Jory should go in protective custody, but he's all "Naaah, I'll be alright." All of a sudden, Sam star
Amy Lane
Oct 31, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Okay, I was exceptionally stressed and I needed a story that was going to give me a tremendous happy so I reached for these books, which I had been saving for a rainy day. I could not have chosen better.

Jory is one of Mary's most memorable creations--flighty, brilliant, self-indulgent at the same time he'd do anything for a friend, Jory is complex, irritating, and wonderful. Sam starts out the series as a complete bastard--but he's also tormented and pretty in love with Jory so we can forgive hi
Barbara➰
Reread September 2018

So this series has been on my mind since I first read it a few months ago. I kept thinking I'd reread it to see if I felt the same about. And since I'm kind of in a reading funk right now, I was like why the hell not and give it another chance.

Well, let me tell you, I still love Jory so much. I still hate fucking Sam Kage. I kept my rusty knives near. He's still a douchenoodle and dickbag who treats Jory like shit at times. Helllllooo...leave someone in the hospital why do
BWT (Belen)
I adore Mary Calmes "Matter of Time" series. Anyone who doesn't like it can suck it.

I'm rating this 5 stars based on the sheer number of times I gravitate back to this - if I'm in a bad mood or a sad mood and need a pick-me-up - I throw on the MoT series and all is right in my world again.

That being said - in the first two books (Volume 1) Sam is a giant ASSHOLE and Jory deserved to be treated better.

UPDATED for audiobook:
Paul Morey does a good job. I'll admit the first few times I didn't partic
Fiona Goodman
Casting of A Matter of Time. Written review to follow

Jory: Mathias Lauridsen (The only guy pretty enough to make a straight man gay....)

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sam: This gorgeous unknown man...

Photobucket

Or....

Chris Hemsworth (Blonde,brown hair, check. Slate blue eyes, check. 6"3 inches, close enough...and hot,hot hot!!!)

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Dane: Hugh Jackman (Hansome, debonair and damn sexy in a tux!).

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Dane's expression when Jory does something stupid....

Photobucket
Valerie ❈M/M Romance Junkie❈
There are not enough words in the English language to tell of my love for Sam and Jory. Add to that Paul Morey's absolutely perfect narration and you've got a story that I will listen to over and over. I can't even count how many times I've listened to this since the very first time in 2013. I know that I listen to this, at least, once a week. This will always be my favorite. It was the first audio narration that caused me to listen more than once. *sigh* I love it. I adore it.

09/08/2015 re-rea
Erth
Dec 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An emotional rollercoaster ride that ends in a tear jerking cliffhanger.

Great story. Hated the ending. Mary Calmes deserves a high five for the great writing. I read book one and two in two days on little sleep. I dreamed about the characters the night after finishing book two.
Just can't get this one out of my mind.
Christina
Warning to all you Jory fans out there, this is going to be rough.

This was one of the most irritating and annoying books I've read in a long time and it's mainly because of the MC, Jory. The story is told from the first person narrative, by Jory. Jory is the most perfect person to walk the face of the Earth. At least this is what EVERYONE thinks, apparently except for me. Colleagues, friends, ex/new lovers, anyone who's fortunate to lay their eyes on the halo of light that surrounds him, loves h
Jenni Lea
Jun 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites

Re-read number... one gazillion? two?
Meags
3 Stars

I’m having an internal battle of two strongly contrasting opinions. The first involves total bafflement and a reoccurring manta of, “what the shit just happened?!” The second is reminiscent of a typical fangirl response, sounding a bit like, “ERMIGOD, I loved this so hard!!”

Because, seriously, what is this witchcraft!? How can I be bitching and moaning at every turn throughout this book, trying to decipher what the deal is with everyone loving Jory and Sam, when they both displayed (sever
Deborah
Sep 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Re-read 7th - 8th September 2018

I loved it from the get go this time.

4.5*

Short review - Oh My God.

Now for Sam.
What can I say about S
Ingie
Written October 24, 2014

4 Stars - Great start to an engrossing heart-breaking (long) love story

Book #1 and #2

Collection Volume with book # 1 and # 2 in the A Matter of Time series.

A Matter of Time (A Matter of Time #1) by Mary Calmes A Matter of Time (A Matter of Time #2) by Mary Calmes

See my full reviews here:

#1 - A Matter of Time 1 (3.8 stars)
#2 - A Matter of Time 2 (3.7 stars)

..all together a good 4 star "read".

***********************************************************

I've listening to the 12:17 hrs audiobook narrated by Paul Morey. He was fabulous.

********************************************
R * A Reader Obsessed *
*Audio edition*

Oh come on!!! You have got to be freakin kidding me! That ending? That cliffhanger?? Really?

Well I can see how some readers take issue with Jory and how loved he is on immediate sight. I admit that it was a bit over the top and I'm not sure how I would have interpreted many of his interactions had I read the book instead of listened to it because the narrator had me envisioning him a bit dismissive, a bit aloof, a bit wishy washy - with a dash of player thrown in.

This is only my
CrabbyPatty
Finished this the other night. Jory drove me crazy, although I did get to a certain point in the book (about 70% in) and realized that Jory didn't drive me as batshit crazy as before, so I guess that's progress ....... right?

Anyhoo .....

Jory Is Perfect.
Jory is Gorgeous.
Jory is Clever, Funny, Resourceful.
Jory is Fabulous in Bed.

By the way, his architect boss Dante is also perfect, gorgeous, rich. You get the picture.

Sam, a closeted hunky cop in the Jake Reardon fashion, meets Jory in the cour
~Volha~
I loved this volume 1. It was a wonderful mix of humor, sass and relationship drama, and in the center of it all was one man - Jory Keyes. It was amazing to see how everyone, man or woman, cleaved to Jory. He has something about him that attracts everyone's attention and affection. He is so irreverent it's adorable. His enthusiasm is contagious and inner monologue is very amusing. I loved him. He knew who he was and was unapologetic. This book was suspenseful, action-packed, full of hilarity and ...more
KatieMc
Nov 19, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to KatieMc by: Irina
Shelves: audiobook
old book, new format Audiobook edition! This one is a for Irina.Book comments:When I first read Jory & Sam, I was not completely sold. Jory was likable, perhaps a bit too likable. And Sam was a bit creepy. I mean, he keeps popping up out of nowhere and barks orders at Jory. It doesn't feel romantic to me. Honestly, Jory has so many good options that are not Sam, I just don't get it. Jory says he is crazy about Sam, but I don't feel it. What I do feel is the bromance between Dane and Jory. I ...more
Eugenia
Apr 22, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary, mm
Didn't Work for Me.

I'm not sure what to say about this book. Maybe if I divide it up...

1. The Characters.
Well, everyone was gorgeous, as all men are. Lest we forget their aesthetic perfection, the author reminds us repeatedly. Jory, one of the MCs, along with being beautiful, is beloved and lusted after by all who encounter him, instantly taking him into their confidence. Men fall for him right and left. Upon hearing their declarations of love, he walks away. Not having had a formal education,
Susan
Oct 14, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

My dentist is going to be a RICH man! This book is so sugary that I have a mouth full of cavities.

Jory is perfect.
Sam is perfect.
Dane is perfect.
Everyone is so freaking perfect.

But here’s where my weakness comes in: I love any freaking book with a closeted cop and his more-than-likeable love interest.

EVERYONE loves Jory…so why should I be any different?

Yes, this book is too sweet.
Yes, this book is unbelievable.
Yes, everyone in this book is gorgeous and charming and attractive and sexy.
Y
Marte - Thunderella
This was just one big continuous journey of "what the fuckery"...

Sara
This is a crazy story. It is. A Crazy In Love Story and I am stupidly, crazy in love with it. Sure, there is so much that I could totally pick on or at... I mean, everyone loves Jory, tells him he is beautiful, wants to feed and fuck him. But you know what? I kinda want to see those eyes, those lashes he has and take him for dinner and pretend he was straight for a night. Maybe? Who knows. All I know is this book gave me all the right feels when I needed it.
“Jory Keyes,” he said softly, his f
Fabi
This is an old book/series at this point so I'm not going to review it. Just adding my thoughts:

1. Jory is amazing.
2. Sam is an asshole.
3. I can't believe Vol. 1 ended on such a shitty cliffhanger.
Jennifer☠Pher☠
Mar 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, favorites, lgbtq
TEN MILLION ★'s...if you expect any kind of review out of me you are insane. Thank God for the next book because that ending, well that ending could erase all the ★'s. But it won't, because I have the next book and I believe, I have faith and I WANT! Read.
Bev
Well, I didn't want to like this compilation, cos you know, nothing else can compare to 'Frog', sighs....BUT I did like it although Jory took a bit of getting used to I have to admit, sooo kind, sweet and good but Sam, rawr!! Alpha male hottie, without a doubt. 4 stars from me.
Jenni Lea
Sep 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

5 stars for the story.
3 stars for the narration.
Vivian
Bucking the crowd or somehow I read a different book. Put in spoiler tags cause my grievances reveal significant plot points.(view spoiler) ...more
  • Breaking Cover (Life Lessons, #2)
  • Armed & Dangerous (Cut & Run, #5)
  • Laurel Heights (Laurel Heights, #1)
  • Sinner's Gin (Sinners, #1)
  • Making Promises (Promises, #2)
  • Six Degrees of Separation (By Degrees, #2)
  • Strawberries for Dessert (Coda Books, #4; Strawberries for Dessert, #1)
  • Mexican Heat (Crimes & Cocktails, #1)
  • Breaking Logan's Laws (Quinn Security, #4)
  • A Dangerous Thing (The Adrien English Mysteries, #2)
  • Inland Empire (Taking the Odds, #2)
  • Long Time Gone (Hell or High Water, #2)
  • Houseboat on the Nile (Spy vs. Spook, #1)
  • Trust Me If You Dare (Romano and Albright, #2)
  • Duty & Devotion  (Faith, Love, & Devotion, #3)
Mary Calmes believes in romance, happily ever afters, and the faith it takes for her characters to get there. She bleeds coffee, thinks chocolate should be its own food group, and currently lives in Kentucky with a five-pound furry ninja that protects her from baby birds, spiders and the neighbor’s dogs. To stay up to date on her ponderings and pandemonium (as well as the adventures of the ninja) ...more

A Matter of Time (8 books)
  • A Matter of Time Book I (A Matter of Time #1)
  • A Matter of Time Book II (A Matter of Time #2)
  • A Matter of Time Book III (A Matter of Time #3)
  • A Matter of Time Book IV (A Matter of Time #4)
  • Bulletproof (A Matter of Time #5)
  • But For You (A Matter of Time #6)
  • Parting Shot (A Matter of Time, #7)
  • Piece of Cake (A Matter of Time, #8)
“So help me God, if you don’t tell me where you are right this second I will shoot you myself as soon as I find your scrawny ass.” 3 likes
“It's a common form of kindness here on Earth to give people food to take home with them when they leave. We even have special receptacles to carry the food in. It's called Tupperware."
-- Jory explaining leftovers to Dane”
3 likes