Start by marking “My Soul to Save (Soul Screamers, #2)” as Want to Read:
My Soul to Save (Soul Screamers, #2)

My Soul to Save (Soul Screamers #2)

3.98  ·  Rating details ·  19,277 Ratings  ·  1,110 Reviews
When Kaylee Cavanaugh screams, someone dies.

So when teen pop star Eden croaks onstage and Kaylee doesn’t wail, she knows something is dead wrong. She can’t cry for someone who has no soul.

The last thing Kaylee needs right now is to be skipping school, breaking her dad’s ironclad curfew and putting her too-hot-to-be-real boyfriend’s loyalty to the test. But starry-eyed teen
Audiobook, 0 pages
Published January 1st 2010 by Harlequin Enterprises, Ltd. (first published December 29th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about My Soul to Save, please sign up.

Lana I suppose it depends on the teen in question. There is no sex in the book, though over the course of the series (what I've read so far) there is some…moreI suppose it depends on the teen in question. There is no sex in the book, though over the course of the series (what I've read so far) there is some serious making out.

My daughter was reading higher-rated books at 13 and I didn't have a problem with it.(less)
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Lana It seems like it might for about a minute, and I was rolling my eyes, but then it resolved itself into something else, and I quite enjoyed it.

Maggie ☘ (Reader in Wonderland)
“I need my books from my car, then I’ll need you to put this back wherever my dad left it.”
Tod gave me a mock bow. “Anything else? Can I fan you with a big palm leaf? Feed you grapes while you write your homework in my blood?”

My Soul to Save, second book from Soul Screamers series by Rachel Vincent was still fast and enjoyable read, but a bit weaker than the first book.

When a famous pop star, Eden drops dead right on the stage and Kaylee doesn't have the urge to wail, she knows there's someth
Kim
Jan 02, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The second book in this amazing series, and I enjoyed it as much as the first one. I'll try to keep this as spoiler-free as possible, but most of this will make no sense if you haven't read this book. Just some of the thoughts I have swirling around in my head.

Kaylee's abilities are developing, she's finally learning to control herself and her powers, and Nash is with her every step of the way. Did I mention I adore him already? I love their dynamic and their chemistry, especially when the room
Kristy
Jan 23, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Soundtrack going through my mind as I read this book:

Take me down (6th Underground) -Eclipse
I want to sex you up- Color me bad
Let the bodies hit the floor-Drowning fool
Living Dead Girl- Rob Zombie
Better as a memory - Kenney Chesney
Brick- Ben Folds Five
I'm going straight to Hell- Drivin' and cryin'
I could die for you-Red hot chili peppers
Break on through-The doors
Highway to Hell-ACDC
No soul-The Rumble Strips
Fix You-Cold Play
Grim Reaper Blues-The entrance Band
Don't fear the reaper-Blue Oyster Cu
The Flooze
For some reason this book makes me feel old. Old as dirt, like no other YA has thus far.

Kaylee once again inserts herself in a dangerous situation because of her highly attuned morality and sense of duty. She can't resist helping others. She's a mixture of naivete and hope, blindly blundering through obstacles.

But she has to finegle around being grounded to achieve her goals. Has to find a way to work around both her car keys and her mobile phone being taken away. And she has to remain focused
Asia
Mar 22, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sabrina
Check out my full review on my blog!! http://omgbooksandmorebooks.blogspot....

We continue on the journey with kaylee and Nash, everything seems resolved even though weeks before Kaylee had lost her aunt to a reaper. But there is a new problem that has surfaced called Demon Breath. When a human sells their soul to a demon, the human gets everything they want, but it comes with a price. The demon takes the human's soul and his or her eyes becomes white. The eyes are the window of the soul.

Kaylee a
Kathy
Jan 28, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2012
This novel enlightened me on what is actually going on with all the Disney Channel & Disney Movie Stars. Thank you Rachel for finally clearing up exactly what Disney is doing to these young child stars. Oh wait Disney wasn't even mentioned in this book? Could have fooled me!

I have the worst time writing reviews on sequels. It's so hard! I hate spoilers. I prefer to pick up a book not even having read the back cover. I don't want to know where I'm going until I get there.

So all I can really
Erica
Nov 04, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not sure I like Nash. Interested enough in the story to continue on though.
Cinnamon
Apr 11, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: for-review
MY SOUL TO SAVE is the second book in Rachel Vincent's Soul Screamers series. The first book, My Soul to Take, introduced Kaylee and her bean sidhe (banshee) abilities. When she senses death, Kaylee can't help but to sing the person's soul song. To us, this song sounds like ear-shattering screeching. Not exactly a trait known to win friends and influence people.

This installment follows Kaylee as she comes to terms with her abilities. I won't go into too many details as I don't want to give anyth
Amber
falling asleep photo: falling asleep gif giphy-1_zps4d1f80d7.gif
Wake me up when this plot doesn't suck...

So...most of this book consists of the characters sitting on their asses, eating junk food, doing some "investigative" work, and flapping their self-righteous little lips (I'm looking at YOU, Kaylee Cavanaugh).

Around halfway through the book, I found myself skimming text--never a good sign. I've resigned myself to read one more of these before I give up on the series. From the reviews, it seems that the books supposedly get better and evolve, so I guess
Tez
Sep 27, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Donna {Book Passion for Life}
After reading Rachel Vincent’s My Soul to Take I eagerly dived straight into My Soul to Save, the second book in The Soul Screamers Series. And although I enjoyed it, I have quite mixed feelings about it because I don’t feel it was as good as the first.

My Soul to Save see’s Kaylee and Nash take on another dangerous journey, when they go to concert and watch a famous singer drop dead on the stage. The problem is Kaylee doesn’t wail like she normally does and she quickly realises it is because th
Isamlq
Nov 13, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Soul Screamers reminds me of an episode of Scooby Doo, complete with the clueless Scooby gang. The sad thing is: there is no Velma in this Soul Screamers 2!

The Mystery: Teen Superstar drops dead but without a soul.
The Scoobi connection: One of the teen super stars just happens to be an ex-girlfriend of Tod’s
Clueing the Scoobi gang in: Said teen sensations had sold their souls for fame and fortune. Not stopping there: It’s the record label’s fault (which gives credence to the idea that Disney i
Kristi
Aug 15, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own, own-arc
Three words: one unique series!

I just love the whole premise of this series. The soul screamers. It's such an unique element, and I can't wait to see where Rachel takes us next!

Unfortunately I didn't enjoy My Soul to Save as much as I did it's predecessor. I enjoyed the story, it was excellently written and there were plenty of twists and turns to keep you on you toes. I just didn't enjoy the characters as much this time around.

My favorite character from the first novel Todd, was sullen and cl
Ashley

Love, love, love this whole series and this book is no different. New elements are constantly added in to keep things fresh. Avery is definitely an unexpected addition and I love to hate him.
Kaylee always keeps a good balance between bean sidhe business and regular life.

So I gave this book 5 stars and I am re-reading it so there can't be much I don't like. However, I didn't care much for Addie. Maybe it was her personality or maybe because Tod likes her and isn't into Kaylee yet, but I just di
Imani
Feb 25, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
We got a bit more Tod in this book. But was it only me or did this feel like it could've been a 1.5 novella? It was short and seemed like a side story almost since it was about saving the soul of a pop star.

Lyndsey O'Halloran
Mar 29, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya
After loving My Soul to Take, I couldn’t wait to pick up the second book to find out what was going to happen next. I had high hopes for this book but unfortunately, it ended up falling a little flat of my expectations.

I really enjoyed Kaylee as a character. While having certain insecurities about one thing, she does know herself very well and refuses to back down on what she believes in, no matter what she has to do to get there. I loved this about Kaylee and the fact that she is so strong in
Kt
May 04, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: hardcopy
Tina ♥ Bookaholic
Meine Gedanken zum Buch:
Ich weiß gar nicht, warum ich das Buch so schlecht bewertet habe, bzw. kann ich mit dem Finger nicht ganz genau darauf zeigen. Aber ich weiß, dass ich es nicht interessant fand und es mich die meiste Zeit nur genervt hat. Ein Indiz, dass mir ein Buch nicht gefällt, ist immer, wenn ich lange dafür brauche und an diesem Buch bin ich ca. 2-3 Wochen gesessen, obwohl ich sonst 1-3 Tage für gute Bücher brauche. Dabei ist das Buch gar nicht so dick.

Jedenfalls kam ich mit der Han
Amy Jacobs
Jul 08, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
My Soul To Save is the second book in the Soul Screamers series by author Rachel Vincent. After I finished reading the first book in the series, I had to have more of Kaylee and Nash. Who would have thought that Banshee's could be so exciting and fun to read about?

In this book, it starts out with Nash and Kaylee attending a concert. The headlining act is popular pop star Eden who happens to drop dead in the middle of the concert. Only there is one problem about her falling dead in the middle of
(Source: I own a copy of this book.)
Kaylee is back, and this time she’s got a new problem. Addison, a famous pop star is set to die in 7 days, the problem is she’s not currently in possession of her soul – she sold it for fame and fortune.
Tod used to date Addison though, and he wants to save her, or more importantly, save her soul.
It’s not going to be easy though, they need to not only find the demon that took Addison’s soul, they need to convince it to give it back.
How do you compromise with a
Laura (midorireads)
I am really glad I decided to start reading the Soul Screamers series! I'd been feeling a bit of a slump coming on, but having now read two books, I'm finding myself eager to read again.
In My Soul to Save, Kaylee and her boyfriend Nash are thrown into mission to help Reaper Tod's ex-girlfriend, super pop-star Addison Page get her soul back after learning that her date of death is coming not a week later. So a race is in order to get said soul back, and hopefully preempting her death as well.
Brooke
Jan 05, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kaylee is learning how to use and control her wail, and with the help of Nash's mother, Harmony, she's progressing nicely. But when Tod, a Reaper and Nash's brother, gets them tickets to one of the biggest concerts of the year and the star drops dead during her set, Kaylee knows something is wrong because she didn't have the overwhelming urge to scream. If she doesn't scream for someone then they obviously must not have a soul to sing for.

Kaylee knows that she shouldn't put her new relationship
All Things Urban Fantasy
Review courtesy of AllThingsUrbanFantasy.blogspot.com

I think its safe to reveal some of the details about Rachel Vincent’s Soul Screamer’s universe for this review, but if you haven’t read My Soul to Take yet, then beware of spoilers from this point on.

As she discovered in My Soul to Take, Kaylee Cavanaugh is a banshee or bean sidhe. A soul screamer straight out of Irish folklore. In MY SOUL TO SAVE, Kaylee has been reunited with her long absent father (also a bean sidhe) and is struggling to ad
Page (One Book At A Time)
I have mixed feeling on this addition to the series. Kaylee really annoyed me but I enjoyed the story. Go figure!

I'm still really enjoying the Bean Sidhe elements of this story. I liked learning about Demon's Breathe and how people can trade their soul. It was also interesting how demon's can get away with not fully explaining the contract's humans are signing. I liked the explaining of the otherworld and how it's the same and different from the one we live in. I also really liked Libby and the
Danielle Smiley
Feb 22, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Favorite Quotes:

"She pivoted slowly to look at me, and I saw time in her eyes. Years of life and death, and existence without end."

"Evidently people come with expiration dates stamped on them at birth -- much like food in the grocery store."

"I'd helped Addy and Regan because I couldn't not help them. Because in most cases, I believe that people deserve a second chance. And because I couldn't have lived with myself if I'd stood by and let them both die soulless, when I could have helped."

The abov
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Jennifer Rummel for TeensReadToo.com

Six weeks after Kaylee discovers her true identity, she and her boyfriend, Nash, attend a rock concert of a mega-star. Thanks to Tod, they're able to score backstage passes.

While watching the performance from the wings, they view the lead singer collapse on stage. When Kaylee doesn't start singing, she believes the singer will survive.

She is wrong.

The singer dies without a soul. When Kaylee, Nash, and Tod talk with the oldest reaper in history, the
Inge
Well, I think it's safe to say that I am very disappointed.

I loved the first book. It was original, funny and exciting. The banshee thing was something I had never read about and I loved how it was portrayed. It's only fair that I'd expected the same share of excitement from My Soul to Save. Unfortunately, that was not the case. Not even close. I thought this part was uninteresting, not quite as good and frankly, Nash is starting to piss me off. That's right, the insta-love is getting to me once
Shweta Choudhary
Loved IT!!!! Totally!!! Loved the cover first of all!!! The concept of soul screamer is so unique and different!!! I love it..

The book starts with Famous Eden dying on stage and Kaylee finding out they don't have souls. She finds out that these girls have sold their soul to demons !!! Literally sold their soul t devils!! Just for fame,power and the the Hellion will toture their human soul !! At first you might find these girls a little vague for selling their souls and not knowing the character.
Apr 18, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: para-other
The Good: I love the mythology elements in the series. The reapers and bean sidhes and all of the fantasy plot points that go along with it. The selling your soul plot of My Soul to Save was especially thrilling. Plus, Tod is super fun to read.

The Bad: Kaylee is unexplainably reckless throughout the book. Perhaps it's just overwhelmingly noticeable from my parental viewpoint, but I can't grasp why she wouldn't go to Nash's mom for advice or help before carrying out deadly plans. And I just can't
How is Harmony able to work in the hospital? 1 2 Jan 20, 2017 12:46PM
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Feb 22, 2015 12:21PM
Crazy for Young A...: My Soul to Save (Soul Screamers #2) by Rachel Vincent → May 16, 2013 45 32 May 25, 2013 11:01AM
Shut Up & Read: My Soul to Save 12 61 Jul 29, 2012 02:15PM
The Soul Screamer...: My Soul To Save 1 7 Jul 15, 2012 11:11AM
My Not-So-Secret ...: My Soul To Save 1 2 Jun 17, 2012 01:19PM
Books Books Books...: My Soul to Save/ My Soul to Keep 2 2 May 09, 2012 12:21PM
  • Shift (Shade, #2)
  • Until I Die (Revenants, #2)
  • Betrayal (Haunting Emma, #2)
  • Unraveled (Intertwined, #2)
  • Secrets and Shadows (13 to Life, #2)
  • Blood Feud (Drake Chronicles, #2)
  • Forbidden (The Demon Trappers, #2)
  • Shadowspell (Faeriewalker, #2)
  • Kiss Me Deadly: 13 Tales of Paranormal Love
  • Desires of the Dead (The Body Finder, #2)
  • Betrayals (Strange Angels, #2)
  • Kiss of Frost (Mythos Academy, #2)
  • Sword Play (The Seer, #4)
  • Remember Me & The Return Part I  (Remember Me #1-2)
  • Last Breath (The Morganville Vampires, #11)
  • Summer's Crossing (Iron Fey, #3.5)
  • Fearscape (The Devouring, #3)
[Note: Though Rachel's blog entries are cross posted here, she does not frequent Goodreads. The best ways to contact her are FB, Twitter, or her Wordpress blog. PLEASE DO NOT SEND HER MESSAGES HERE. SHE DOES NOT CHECK THEM.]

A resident of Oklahoma, Rachel Vincent has a BA in English and an overactive imagination, and consistently finds the latter to be more practical. She shares her workspace with
More about Rachel Vincent...

Soul Screamers (7 books)
  • My Soul to Take (Soul Screamers, #1)
  • My Soul to Keep (Soul Screamers, #3)
  • My Soul to Steal (Soul Screamers, #4)
  • If I Die (Soul Screamers, #5)
  • Before I Wake (Soul Screamers, #6)
  • With All My Soul (Soul Screamers, #7)

“The worst memories stick with us, while the nice ones always seem to slip through our fingers.” 621 likes
“Chocolate says "I'm sorry" so much better than words.” 442 likes