Start by marking “The Laird of Loch Fyne” as Want to Read:
The Laird of Loch Fyne

The Laird of Loch Fyne

'I'm sorry for what has to be done, lass,' the old man whispered. 'It is the only way they can be saved.' Maggie shook her head in confusion as the voices and laughter of fairgoers around her became inaudible. 'The only way who can be saved? I'm afraid I don't understand what you're talking about.' A loud, thunderous sound burst through the atmosphere, followed by the glow

Published August 9th 2011 by Tate Publishing & Enterprises

To ask other readers questions about The Laird of Loch Fyne, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Laird of Loch Fyne

Start your review of The Laird of Loch Fyne
Marianne Kooker
Jul 21, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I'm not much of a book reader like my Mom and my sister. I haven't actually finished a book in probably 15 years, I usually fall asleep trying and then I just give up. My sister gave me this book and told me it was wonderful. After looking at it on my coffee table for 4 or 5 days I decided to give it a whirl. I had that book read in about 4 days! I would have had it done sooner but work and family got in the way. LOL... It was a great book. Kept my attention the entire time and was very hard to ...more
Laine
Jul 28, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This is a fabulous summer read by an Iowa author! You're drawn into the characters and storyline from the very first chapter, and the 250+ page book keeps you interested and immersed in the story.

Author Brandy Grandberg does an excellent job of letting us get to know the central characters, flaws and all. I also loved the bits of humor sprinkled throughout the book. Don't miss out on this one!
Cate Birkenholtz
Jul 22, 2011 rated it it was amazing
The detailed description of the Scottish landscape was awesome. Such a beautiful place! And I was completely smitten with both lead characters and could not wait until they were finally together. So many times they would get so close, and then not - I actually yelled out loud at one point :)
Strongly recommended
Jennifer Harris
Jan 28, 2019 rated it did not like it
Easy read if you dont over think. I dont think the time travel was well thought out and poor editing.
Joy
Aug 13, 2011 rated it liked it
I won The Laid of Loch Fyne in a Goodreads giveaway. I my rating was a little high. It was only a 2.5.

This was an easy read over in no time at all. As a romance it was pretty good. The hero is kind enough to not let a woman be brutalized and smart enough to change his mind after he sends the heroine off on her own. The heroine knows a good looking strong man when she sees one. It was not much of a bodice ripper so that was okay as far as I was concerned.

As a time travel book there w
Kristi
Jul 27, 2011 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Kristi by: goodreads giveaway
I received this book as a Goodreads Giveaway.

It was a great summer read, with a bit of mystery, a bit of romance, enough suspense to keep you involved but not so much that you couldn't set it down if you had to- exactly what I look for in a novel. In the romance itself, Grandberg did a great job walking that fine line between gratuitous scenes and fade-to-black. The characters are well-rounded with human flaws and egos.

I was hesitant after the first few pages, which seemed a bit too
Alexia Chantel
Jul 20, 2011 rated it liked it
The Laird of Loch Fyne has a great story line, time travel, a highlander, deceit, betrayal and horses.
Maggie happens to admire a broach that happens to throw her back in time to protect two people. To add to the stress of finding herself in the past and having to be treated as a woman in the highlands instead of a present day doctor, she ends up falling in love.
Ian is the highlander who rescues Maggie the night she came through time. She frightens him so badly he sends her away; thankfull
Elsa
Aug 29, 2011 rated it it was ok
I won this book, and knowing that I should review it is the only thing that kept me reading the book to the end. Her descriptions are at times fairly good, other times so incomplete that it undermines the story. So many details just did not ring true. How was it that she is suddenly transported to Scotland in the 1500's, and has no trouble communicating with her modern day English? How is it that everyone feels the need to take a daily bath? How is it that Ian can look at her paper money and rea ...more
Gayle
Sep 20, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
Thank you to Goodreads and author Brandy Grandberg for the gift of 'The Laird Of Loch Fyne.'

I look forward to receiving and reading your book.

Review: 2.5 Stars.

If you like easy, breezy, light reads, then you will enjoy 'the Laird of Loch Fyne.' I enjoyed it. I didn't love it.

It begins with a hint of Galbadon's 'Outlander' and ends with a touch of the 1942 movie, 'Tarzan's New York Adventure.'

I felt the protagonist, Maggie Harris to be a modern yet very submissive woman
Virginia
Aug 29, 2011 rated it did not like it
Shelves: first-reads
This book was rather painful to read. There were editing errors - gramatical errors. It's shelved as historical fiction and perhaps if you are looking for a super light way to see if this genre is for you it would be good. But otherwise there's not enough history and there's not enough romance and there's not enought drama. The "enemy" of the story is known in the first 50 pages - no twist so don't wait for one. The ending is far-fetched and completely unbelievable, not to mention that plot elem ...more
Jenn
Aug 14, 2011 rated it liked it
As a pre-publication winner from GoodReads, I was pleasantly surprised by this book and this author! Ms. Grandberg is very talented and crafts a great story! I will certainly pick up more books by this author. The time-travel element is well planned. I only wish the author had provided a bit more depth to the ending---it seemed a bit rushed and too neatly wrapped up. I think she could have done a little more to expand the ending. A great read and nicely paced.
Christi
Aug 05, 2011 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this but there were too many holes. Maybe I am used to the quality of the Outlander and similar books, but I had hoped for more. For example, she is a doctor from the 21st century and all they talk about her doing is stitches! Not enough detail for my taste. Also, they are just "in love" and not much detail tells how they get there.
Joyce
Jul 21, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I really loved the book. It grabbed your interest right away to the point that I didn't want to put it down until I finished it. The characters were well thought out and I loved the surprise ending and can't wait to read more of her books.
Noelle Walsh
Oct 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A great book of time travel, Scottish lairds, and love. The only problem I had with this is how the heck did she not notice that she wasn't getting her period for two months? Surely she should have noticed! Otherwise I really enjoyed this book. It was fun!
Brandy Grandberg
Jul 19, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
It would be a tad unfair to review my own work (of course I love it!) so to get things started here is a link to a recent professional review of The Laird of Loch Fyne.
Heather
Jul 22, 2011 rated it really liked it
Excellent characters, great description and well researched customs of early Scots. it was entertaining, romantic, adventurous and a great time travel mystery. I'd recommend it to my family and friends.
Hafiza
Apr 29, 2012 rated it did not like it
Amateurish time travel romance.
Heroine is supposed to be a 28 year old doctor but behaves like a 16 year old.
Don't waste your money
Louise Walsh
Sep 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
I loved it! It had suspense, murder, mayhem, everything I want in a book. I'm glad I won this on Goodreads. I would have been deprived of a good book if I hadn't.

*won on goodreads first reads*
Bridget
Aug 22, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
The story was good, but it didn't hold my attention particularly well. It was very romantic. I received this book for free through Goodreads First Reads.
Carah
Aug 10, 2011 marked it as to-read
A bit apprehensive that this will be a silly romance novel, but it has Scottish time-travel so who could resist? (And why are the heroines always called Maggie?)
Sep 04, 2011 marked it as to-read
Shelves: first-reads
Won a a good reads give away can not wait to get it will then review.
ScarlettIvy
Mary
rated it it was ok
Aug 26, 2015
Ariel
rated it did not like it
Dec 13, 2014
Janice
Nov 29, 2012
Kirstin
May 10, 2019

• A Man In A Kilt (Castle Blackstone, #1)