Start by marking “Queen's Gold” as Want to Read:
Queen's Gold

Queen's Gold

Hal Thompson is a pretty ordinary guy. A widower who owns his own small business, he's doing his best to raise his two nearly adult children alone. When they convince him to undergo a hypnotic past-life regression, he is unimpressed that his "memories" reveal the hiding place of ancient Aztec gold. Other people, however, take it very seriously and when his family is threat ...more
Published April 13th 2012 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform (first published May 7th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Queen's Gold, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Queen's Gold

Krista
Jan 11, 2014 added it
It's 1:47 AM and I just finished Queen's Gold. So, obviously it was engrossing enough for me to forgo sleep! The regression scene was so well done I felt like I was there inside Hal's head, experiencing all of the skepticism at the same time as the past life was unfolding. The adventure moved along at a good pace, not terribly violent so it was enjoyable throughout, and I loved the involvement of the eagle in the end. Recommended.
Jennifer Ware
Oct 08, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction, goodreads
I received this book from goodreads.com. This was a fun book. I love the main character's attitude about life regression, but how he tries it just for his daughter. There were plenty of twists in the plot and the action carried all the way to the last pages.
Cathy Speight
Melissa Bowersock has featured frequently in my reading list...and managed to very deservedly find her way into my favourite-authors list.

Her stories flirt with fantasy/paranormal in a way that makes you think twice about things of which you might say, `Nah! No way!' And in this particular story, one of the main characters says exactly that: it's a tale in which both reader (well, this one!) and protagonist find themselves in agreement.

Widower Hal Thompson's two children strike a bargain with hi
Joan Penfold
Nov 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
"Queen's Gold" is an exciting story about Past-Life Regression and finding treasure or the "Queen's Gold" from just an unclear past-life memory. Hal Thompson, single father of two young adult children is encouraged to undergo past-life regression, much to his dismay, leading to a once in THIS lifetime adventure.

Without going into too much detail and ruining the book for you, this novel is exciting and full of adventure and mystery! Hal, in his past life had hidden some very valuable jewelry and
Lia Burres
Sep 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A widower, Hal Thompson, seemed to be an ordinary guy. His teens talked him into doing a past life regression. When they convinced him to do it, he realized that he had some pretty vivid memories of his past life.
He realizes that his memories tell him where there is hidden Aztec gold. He doesn't think to much about it. However, many others take it very seriously. His family starts receiving threats and he's forced into a wild expedition across Mexico. Hal then has to relive his past life as a s
Joyce Gilmour
May 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
Honestly, until I read Queen’s Gold by Melissa Bowersock, I was not familiar with past-life regressions. This book uses the theory that through hypnosis people can be taken to past lives and experiences from those lives. I enjoyed the characters that Author Bowersock created to take her readers on this journey. Hal Thompson, a widower, and his two almost adult children get involved in a mystery surrounding the location of ancient Aztec gold. The mystery and intrigue make this book a page-turner. ...more
Christoph Fischer
Mar 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
"Queen's Gold" by Melissa Bowersock is a great story with a fascinating concept beneath the story. A father and daughter let theselves get hypnotised to access memories of past lives. When one of these sessions produces an accurate picture of an Aztec lifetime and includes the Aztec Queen's Gold and its location more than just scientists become interested and a hunt for the hidden begins.
This is an entertaining read - however you feel about past life regression or transgression therapy. Father,
S.K.Fischer
Loved the opening chapters of this book. The regression scenes were well written and the links between them and the present day added some interesting twists to the story.

I did think the sudden 'absence' of one family member would cause much more desperation and frantic action. This Irritated me and I was less able to go along with the budding romance because of it. Just seemed wrong timing.

Melissa's books are always a rewarding read and this one adds historical insights to adventure romance.
Maria Mercer
Aug 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good 👍

This book is about a father that does not believe in reincarnation. To please his children, he agrees to undergo a past life regression. The story takes off.
Melissa Bowersock
Sep 23, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-books
Melissa Bowersock
Jul 27, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-books
Joyce
Laura Wall
Elise
Oct 11, 2011
Melissa Bowersock is an eclectic, award-winning author who writes in a variety of fiction and non-fiction genres: paranormal, biography, western, action, romance, fantasy, spiritual, and satire. She has been both traditionally and independently published and is a regular contributor to the superblog Indies Unlimited. She has a tattoo on the inside of her left wrist that says IMAGINE. In her next l ...more