Start by marking “Way of the Warrior (Lady Ilena, #2)” as Want to Read:
Way of the Warrior (Lady Ilena, #2)

Way of the Warrior (Lady Ilena #2)

3.59  ·  Rating details ·  152 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
Lady Ilena still can’t believe she is hereditary chief of Dun Alyn, her new home in the North. She eagerly awaits the return of her betrothed, Durant of Arthur’s table, and the time when Durant will rule beside her. But Britain is in a state of unrest. Despite Durant’s and Arthur’s efforts at unification, several neighboring fortresses have allied with Saxon invaders in th ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 208 pages
Published December 18th 2008 by Laurel-Leaf Books (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Way of the Warrior, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Way of the Warrior

Carmen
Jul 07, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Realistic Take on Britain in Arthur’s Times

It’s 500 AD and Britain is divided: the south and east regions of the island are under Saxon’s rule, while the northern tribes have rallied under Arthur, the Dragon Chief, in an effort to keep their customs and their lands. Among those who have sworn fealty to Arthur are Ilena, the 15 year old chieftain of Dun Alyn and Durant her betrothed who is also Arthur’s cousin.

As the novel starts Durant is leaving Ilena to serve with Arthur, and promises her he
Lady Knight
While not nearly as good as the first book in this duo, "Way of the Warrior" was a decent tale of the Dark Ages. I first read this one when I was about sixteen, and I loved it then, re-reading it now, I find that it simply isn't as exciting as I once thought it was. Still, a solid read.

Ilena is back and is adjusting to life as the chief of Dun Alyn. Durant is forced to return to Arthur and must leave Ilena with only the memories of their times together, his gold ring, and a promise that he'll re
Renee
Jul 22, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya-historical
Lady Ilena is content because she will be the next chief of Dun Alyn and will be married to her betrothed, Durant who is a member of Arthur’s table. While Durant is absent aiding Arthur, Lady Ilena faces problems with an unwanted suitor - Faolan. During a battle, Lady Ilena falters and journeys in order to reclaim her honor. Themes include love, loss, and honor. This book will appeal to girls looking for an independent and strong female character and those interested in Arthurian settings. Since ...more
Jill
Feb 14, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2012
Lady Ilena: Way of the Warriorintroduces a part of history that may be unfamiliar to many readers. Ilena defends her land, leads her people, and goes on a quest to redeem herself when she stumbles in her duty. The action moves quickly and the ending is satisfying while still allowing for the natural addition of a third book.

This book contains alcohol consumption.
Patricia
Jun 20, 2011 rated it liked it
It had been so long since I read book one that initially I was scrambling to remember the story. I liked this story alright. I remember being very taken with book one. I liked book two but not as much as I hazily recall liking book one. This story seemed rather short and I felt a bit of disappointment at the end, as it seemed to end abruptly.
Jenny
Aug 31, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: teen, historical
Lady Ilena is content as the chief of Dun Alyn and betrothed to Arthur's man Durant. But unrest is in the country, and Ilena turns down neighbor Faolin's betrothal, leading to a battle where she freezes. Cast out of Dun Alyn untl she has committed mighty deeds to prove her worth, Ilena struggles to protect her friends and prepare for the coming battle. Can she free Arthur in time?
Dame
Mar 01, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Briony
So this was the second, again did not know, but seriously loved the book. It is short, very fast paced and still flows really well. It was interesting to learn about woman's roles during the time period. The author stayed very true to it. I didn't know that women of this time period were such fearsome warriors.
Azalea Dabill
Jan 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This one is even better than the first, if that's possible. You're there, with Ilena, fighting for her hold, her people, and her love. An Arthurian fantasy that is solidly historical and vastly entertaining.
Alyssa
Dec 01, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: chick-lit
I was a little shocked at the end-and I am sure there is another book to follow-there had better be! But this book was better paced and even better than the first one. Treachery sets Ilena in exile and she gets involved in efforts to save the legendary Arthur.
Ariel
Jul 26, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Um, no. That ending was horrific. I thought I was in the middle of the book, but instead it was the last page. Did the author just get tired of writing? I literally said "What the fuck?!" out loud. That's just laziness.
Rachel
Dec 21, 2012 rated it liked it
Not brilliant, but not bad. Unfortunately, it doesn't feel like quite the end of the story, but my library doesn't have any more in the series. Assuming there is more in the story.
Veronica
Jun 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
I really liked this sequel to 'Lady Ilena'. But what was up with that ending!?!?!?
Abby
Jul 28, 2011 rated it really liked it
i loved it! just as good as the first one! i cant wait for the next!!
Karrie
Nov 22, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Far Traveler
  • Growing Wings
  • The Bonemender's Choice (The Bonemender, #3)
  • Loot (Lady Grace Mysteries, #12)
  • Song for a Dark Queen
  • Destiny's Path (Warrior Princess, #2)
  • Mexico, 1850 (Vampire Plagues, #3)
  • Blaze of Silver (The de Granville Trilogy, #3)
  • Wishing Moon
  • Daughters of the Nile (Cleopatra's Daughter, #3)
  • Leyla: The Black Tulip (Girls of Many Lands)
  • Neela: Victory Song (Girls of Many Lands)
  • Spring Pearl: The Last Flower (Girls of Many Lands, China)
Born in 1932, Patricia Malone is a former teacher who began a second career as a children's author with her debut novel, The Legend of Lady Ilena.
More about Patricia Malone...

Lady Ilena (2 books)
  • The Legend of Lady Ilena (Lady Ilena, #1)