Start by marking “Cat O' Nine Tails” as Want to Read:
Cat O' Nine Tails

Cat O' Nine Tails

When Orrin and his brother Kale are hired by Queen Winifred to hunt down Aeron and her band of miscreants, Orrin never dreamed he’d fall in love with the beautiful she pirate, or the kind, accepting people of her island hideaway. As they grow closer, Aeron reveals her jaded past with Queen Winifred to Orrin; he doesn’t hesitate to offer his help to bring Winifred’s evil re ...more
Published August 30th 2011 by Omnific Publishing (first published August 29th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Cat O' Nine Tails, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cat O' Nine Tails

Fire Study by Maria V. SnyderPrince of Thorns by Mark  LawrenceBloodrose by Andrea CremerStorm Glass by Maria V. SnyderSpy Glass by Maria V. Snyder
Hoods!
88 books — 39 voters
Fallen by Lauren KateUnearthly by Cynthia HandNightshade by Andrea CremerDivergent by Veronica RothWither by Lauren DeStefano
Gorgeous Covers
520 books — 321 voters

More lists with this book...

Laurie Garrison
I have no clue what I was thinking when I started this book but it was nothing like I thought. It surprised me all the way around. I love the way the author didn’t tell all in the blurb like most do now days, so you get some great surprises in the story. Not only do you get one love story between the hero and heroine but you get an extra surprise with the hero’s brothers love affair.

Let me first state this story will not be for the faint of heart. Yes, it has its cruel moments and the author te
GraceMyBookSnack
Grab your grog and settle in for a whole lotta romance!
When I first started reading this book, I had to look up what a cat o' nine tails was because I had no clue. Then I held onto my seat as the ride to pirate land began!

Ms. Leever's words are captivating and passionate as the story of female pirate, Aeron Lynch, and pirate hunter, Orrin Walsh, unfold in a romantic tale that takes the reader out to sea and onto a secret island. It is a story that reveals tragic past secrets, seeking retribution
Julie
Aug 15, 2011 rated it really liked it
Cat O' Nine Tails is a historical romance that throws a strong minded female pirate and a gorgeous, vengeful pirate hunter together, on an island, with more heat generated between the two of them than the climate itself could offer. For you romance fans that like saucy scenes and hands never kept to themselves...this is your book.

I was drawn to this book first and foremost by the idea of a strong female main character and add she's a pirate, I just couldn't resist. Aeron is a beautiful red head
Misty
I really wasn't sure what I was going to get with this book, or whether I should even accept a copy; I had been in this crazy-busy mode and probably shouldn't have been accepting anything, on top of which I normally shy away from lesser known, wildcard publishers.  But for whatever reason, something about this grabbed me (pirates! pretty!) and I caved.  And though there were certainly times I regretted that, I ended up glad I did.
But it's strange.

I felt like I'd started the story in the middle.
Jennifer Lane
Sexy, Swashbuckling Female Pirate Wins Your Heart and Your Loot

It was quite a pleasure reading Patricia Leever’s Cat O’ Nine Tails. I love the idea of a female pirate, Aeron Lynch, with fiery red locks and intense green eyes. Handsome pirate hunter Orrin Walsh is determined to put a stop to Aeron’s thieving ways, but is there more than meets the eye with this sassy lass?

Indeed, things are not always as they seem, and there’s instant chemistry between the pirate and her hunter. Aeron has an intri
SATIN SUE
Sep 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Mandy (I Read Indie) Anderson
Orrin Welsh, a pirate hunter, out to rid the world of the horrible creatures who murdered the people of his village. He and his brother, Kale set sail to the oceans to seize Aeron Lynch, a she-pirate, whom Orrin had a run in not two years earlier. The Queen has commissioned the brothers to bring the wretched she-pirate to justice. Orrin gets captured instead by Aeron's crew, on her private island.

Aeron, a strong-willed pirate, can bring the mightiest of men down to his knees, enraptured by her b
Mandy at Blythes & Books
For more book reviews, hop on over to my blog! Blythes & Books: Battling Boredom!

After shamelessly offering a review in exchange for a paperback copy of ‘Cat O’ Nine Tails’ -to the woman who happened to marry a man with the same last name as my own husband, Patti was kind enough to send me not only a (signed) copy of her book, she added a bookmark and some trading cards as well! So thank you once more, Patti!!!

Thus began my journey through the hungry eyes of Aeron and Orrin. (Yup, I’ll gladl
Romancing the Book
Jul 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
Captivating and passionate, as Ms. Leever puts a twist on a pirate’s tale, by taking us on an adventure with a female pirate who captivates us with her heart of gold.

Aeron Lynch isn’t what she appears to be and soon Orrin Walsh finds that out for himself.

Orrin is a sexy pirate hunter with a very good heart. Having lost his mother and sisters, who were raped and killed by pirates, Orrin along with his brother Kale and his father hunt these pirates and give them what they deserve. Now that their
Judy
Aug 29, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I thought Ms Leever wrote a very passionate read. The characters, Aeron and Orrin, were a very sexy match and I truly loved reading about them. Her passion for her story and her characters was so dynamic. Definitely recommended for adult reading, this was a great love story with good steamy scenes.

I really enjoyed this story and highly recommend this romance story to everyone who loves love!!
Tiffany
Jul 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
I must admit when I read what Aeron went through, I didn't think I could finish, but it was so great to see good overcome evil! Loved that! She was a complete badass pirate who found peace!
Heather Book Savvy Babe
*3.5 of 5 Stars*
With pirates, romance, a hidden island, and a dangerous monarch, Cat O'Nine Tails is an enjoyable and exciting historical romance read. In this story Aeron, a female pirate, and Orrin, a pirate hunter, collide when Orrin is charged with capturing Aeron and bringing her to the Queen. Once Orrin finds Aeron, he is attracted to Aeron, and surprised by the life of the odd female pirate. Orrin is torn between loyalty to the monarch and his new attraction to Aeron. When it comes to cho
Megan (magan bagan)
Jul 19, 2011 rated it really liked it
First of all, I just have to point out that this cover is absolutely phenomenal. It's beautiful and mysterious and made me want to read this debut novel even more. Add to the fact that it was historical fiction with pirates and I was sold.

Orrin Walsh and his brother Kale became pirate hunters after losing their family to an attack. And when they are hired by Queen Winifred to track down an infamous she pirate, Aeron Lynch, nothing will stop them from catching.

There's only one problem, Orrin neve
Kelsey
Aug 25, 2011 rated it really liked it
Orrin Walsh has been hired to seek out and capture the elusive pirate, Aeron Lynch, by Queen Winifred. Even though Orrin has a sneaky suspicion that the Queen’s intentions are not on the up and up, he still accepts the challenge because secretly he has made it his goal to find the sea witch for his own vengeance. Orrin and his brother, Kale, have been hunting pirates since their village was attacked and their mother and sisters were murdered by a particularly malicious band of pirates.

Once Orrin
Sandra
Jan 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
Now, I’ve read a few pirate bodice rippers in my time but what I found engaging about this one was the fact that Patricia turns the conventions on their head. This time it’s a woman calling the shots (or should that be splicing the mainbrace?), and the langage is appropriate for the time period without being overly formal, so it still makes for an easy read. If you’re after a holiday book that’s a bit against the norm, with a splash of humour and a surprising twist of darkness here and there, I’ ...more
Nicki Elson
Oct 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: next-up
A very fun Pirate Booty call. Yes, the love scenes were plentiful and enticing, but they were also woven into a very unique plot that had me rooting for the good guys all the way. If you enjoy books with strong heroines with a vulnerable side, this should definitely be on your to-read list. My personal favorite aspect of the book was the beautiful setting and the lovable band of pirates & the life they'd made...and the heat between Orrin and Aeron.
Feather Stone
Jan 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
Amusing 'tail' of pirates - woman pirate. Loved it.
Amber
Sep 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I read a twilight fanfiction that had the same title about a year ago, it seems very similar with the summary. Reading the reviews, yes seems exactly the same. I enjoyed that story very much
is mee... kissa
Sep 25, 2011 marked it as to-read
i love this cover.
Danielle Heberling
Apr 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
AAWWWWWWWWSSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
rameau
Mar 25, 2012 marked it as not-for-me
Shelves: p2p
See comments.
Natalie
Nov 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Amazing pirate book, love this book and author.
Blanche
Dec 31, 2017 rated it liked it
3 audio book -just ok...some stories better than others
Kate
Sep 17, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: i-own, e-books
Bad book was bad.

I can honestly only give about 2 stars, for it was not more than okay, mostly.

I missed a lot during this ebook. First of all, the idea of the plot was great, but not so much how it was put down. Things developed too fast, and that took away the reality-part of it. Yes, I know I am talking about fiction here, but love developed too quickly, and even really timid characters were able to suddenly grow a backbone, even if they went running away before. (The william-part got me to ro
Mell
I know fiction can be a great source of fantasy and escapism, but this book just wasn't believable to me, and the characters felt flat and very cliche. The romantic leads fall in love almost instantly, despite knowing nothing significant about each other. I love a good historical escape from my every day life, but this story did not provide it. 0 stars.
Juwon Abayomi

• Gilded Cage
  • A Multitude of Sins
  • Indivisible
  • Life, Liberty, and Pursuit
  • The Golden Apple of Discord (The Discord Trilogy, #1)
  • Live In Position
  • Grave Refrain
  • Welcome to Drama Academy
  • The Darkness of Perfection
  • Little Battles (Old Wounds, #2)
  • Black and White
  • Magic at Macy's
  • Three Daves
  • Pieces of Us
  • The Billionaire Bum
  • Cocktails and Dreams (Cocktails and Dreams, #1)
Patricia Leever is a wife, stay-at-home mom of four and owner of one dog and one little black cat. On the average school day she runs about town like a lunatic picking-up and dropping off kids and trying to find a moment of quiet to write down a word or two. She’s a sci-fi geek that loves to dress up like a zombie and participate in the local zombie march down Main St. and laugh as much as possibl ...more