Start by marking “Sky Ranger (Extrahumans, #2)” as Want to Read:
Sky Ranger (Extrahumans, #2)

Sky Ranger

(Extrahumans #2)

Union Tower has fallen. The Extrahuman Union is no more.

Sky Ranger, leader of the recently annihilated Extrahuman Union, is on the run. Deceived by his former Confederate allies, despised and branded a traitor by the rest of the world, Sky Ranger has left Earth behind in search of atonement.

Impetuous and stubborn, Renna is one of the refugees aboard the same ship as Sky
Published January 24th 2012 by Candlemark & Gleam

To ask other readers questions about Sky Ranger, please sign up.
Susan Bigelow Hey there! Yes, the book is now titled "Sky Ranger" for the second edition. I am still trying to get it changed here on Goodreads!

Start your review of Sky Ranger (Extrahumans, #2)
TheBookSmugglers
We are publishing the new edition this Tuesday!
Rebecca
Aug 16, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: science-fiction
Broken left some unanswered questions and stranded some compelling characters. Unfortunately, while competent enough, this book neither answers these questions nor really gives us a fix of the kind of character development Bigelow is capable of.

We do get to follow up on some of the things hinted at in the earlier book. We get to see what becomes of Penny/Silverwing/Broken, we visit a Raton world, we discover that the government has indeed learned how to turn off some extrahumans' powers
Heidi
Jan 25, 2013 rated it liked it
Note: this is a spoiler free review I wrote for the series covering Broken, Fly Into Fire, and The Spark.

Every so often in a reader’s life they come across a set of books that makes their jaw drop. Not because they’re awesome, or surprising, or because they’re unlike anything you’ve read before, not even because they are so real. The Extrahumans series by Susan Jane Bigelow is all these things, but the jaw dropping results from the fact that they are absolutely criminally under-read. Yes, every
feux d'artifice
Dec 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya, spec
even tho I read this faaaar slower than Broken, and structurally it doesn't flow quite as well from one scene to another, I think I liked this more?? mostly because of the cast. Dee and Renna!!! which also made me super sad bc bad things just KEPT on happening to the characters and I'm like, why can't they just be happy for ONE SOLID CHAPTER?? WHYYYYYY???
can't wait for the next book ie Dee's book tho!
Megan
Redemption isn't easy when a) your former allies are now your feeling-betrayed enemies, and b) your former enemies and now possible-allies don't trust you. Sky Ranger, former leader of the Extrahuman Union and known traitor to the Reform Party (you know, the same Reform Party that killed the rest of the Extrahuman Union), has put three years of work into fighting against the Reform Party and has bailed out of Earth now only as a last resort. The not-very-legal refugee ship he escapes on, ...more
Dec 12, 2011 rated it really liked it
I was thrilled to read Fly Into Fire and Susan Bigelow did not disappoint. Once again, the strength of the story is in the realistic, sympathetic characters and the political mechanations creaking along ominously in the background.

This part of the extrahumans story has Sky Ranger's attempts at redemption as a major component. Having seen the error of his ways at the very end of Broken, he has been trying to do what he can to set things right until he is forced to leave Earth on a refugee ship.

Lindsay Stares
Feb 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
Premise: Sequel to Broken. When last we saw Sky Ranger, he had shaken off the manipulations of the oppressive government and was off to exact some unspecified revenge or justice. Or possibly both? This book follows Sky later as he deals with his past supporting the corrupt government and tries his best to protect the few other extrahumans that remain.

I liked this sequel quite a bit. I liked getting more about Sky Ranger, he’s an interesting character. I liked the new characters as they were
Lindsay Stares

Shelves: fiction, sci-fi
Just A. Bean
May 17, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lgbt, science-fiction
Follow up to the first book, with most of the surviving characters from that. Read it in a day and found it highly enjoyable. I'm probably predisposed to enjoy superhero shenanigans, but the characters are just so much fun to read about.

This was the one with the trans point of view character, and I liked how she was handled.

Copy editing issues persist, and one character is starting to feel a bit like a deus ex mechina, however, I can live with it, and am looking forward to the next book.
Marie Segares
Bigelow's writing is solid enough to keep you reading through to the end, but Fly into Fire was significantly less absorbing than Broken. In Fly into Sky, there were too many minor characters to keep track of and the story was much more convoluted. I understand the convention of turning sci fi/speculative fiction books into series, but this seems rushed and disorganized, while Broken felt like it had a real story to tell. I won't be reading the next book in the series, but I would probably pick ...more
I'd So Rather Be Reading {Nat}
Sep 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book, much more than book one, Broken. Bigelow kept things so interesting, with an action-packed plot and really well-developed characters. I thought I would have forgotten the events of book one, but she made references to them throughout the book, which helped me remember. I immediately started book three because I just had to know what happened next!
Donna Huber
Jun 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
Ever read something that's so different than what you normally read you have trouble saying why you like it so much? The story is so captivating. Read the full review at Girl Who Reads
Justin Robinson
Jan 24, 2015 rated it it was ok
The best part of this series is that even for a pretty savvy reader, you really have no idea where it's going. Above and beyond the genre mashing going on, there is an inventiveness inherent in the structure itself.
Kiran
Aug 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
well the sequel was different from the first by quite a bit. this was more of an adventure with more fights. but also interesting was the development of Sky Ranger, the 2D character, from the first book. a decent follow-up to the debut.
Tehani
I think this series ended up being something I wasn't looking for. I quite liked the first one, and enjoy the stories set in this world, but I just wasn't engaged by this book and had to give it up. I might try it again when I'm in a different headspace, because the characters are interesting!
Mo
Jul 16, 2015
Shari
Aug 11, 2013
Sam Dobbs
rated it did not like it
Jan 04, 2014
Tasha Martin
Mar 07, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »

Extrahumans (4 books)
  • Broken (Extrahumans, #1)
  • The Spark (Extrahumans, #3)
  • Extrahumans (Extrahumans #4)