Start by marking “Project Avalon (Blakes 7)” as Want to Read:
Project Avalon (Blakes 7)

Project Avalon (Blake's 7)

3.29  ·  Rating details ·  35 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
From the arid wasters of Amersat, Planet of the Dead, to the oceans of acid on the planet Aristos, Roj Blake and his crew on board the Liberator wage a deadly way against the forces of galactic oppression.

But not the Federation's Supreme Commander Servalan and her lieutenant, the evil and embittered Space Commander Tarvis, are launched upon a plan that cannot fail. Their a
Published August 28th 1988 by Citadel Press (first published 1979)

To ask other readers questions about Project Avalon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Project Avalon

Maya Panika
I'm a massive Blakes 7 fan but I very nearly gave up on this at disc one. The opening chapters are, frankly, dreadful - not the performances: Jacqueline Pierce and Paul Darrow are terrific, as always, but the writing is TERRIBLE. Massively, unnecessarily over-descriptive, with prose so purple it's barely still in the visible spectrum. Adjectives (and there are many. Oh. So. Many) are all turned up to eleven. Every description, every character trait is laboured to the nth degree. Everything is to ...more
Hilly
0 stars. Ugh. I bailed on Disk 1 (Part 1 / Jacqueline Pearce), skipping tracks along through to Disk 4 (Part 2 / Paul Darrow), and then abandoned entirely.

Where to begin? The story is so poorly written that it doesn't give the actors a chance. Slow and ponderous and dull.

Sadly, the actors couldn't rise above the material. Furthermore, much as I love them, I'm going to lay out their flaws. More shocking than the fact that they failed to do justice to the other characters -- the people with whom t
Sean Randall
Jun 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
“You won,” said Travis stolidly, his face hard and brutal. “That's what counted.” But Sinofar shook her head wanly. Her eyes held an infinite reservoir of sadness. “It wasn't a victory. It was only the end of the war...”

I enjoyed this a lot more than the first one. I suppose I was already familiar with the characters and, because I approached B7 at an odd angle, I'm an Avon fan and the opening set of episodes pushed Blake, obviously.

There's a certain antiquity to these stories; their headlong p
Mel
Jul 24, 2011 rated it liked it
This book is the novelisation of 4 episodes, Seek Locate Destroy, Duel, Project Avalon, and (an abbreviated) Orac. It was ok, reminded me how much I love this show. Unfortunately the thing I love the most about this show is Servalan and Avon and there was very little of them in these four stories. A quick and easy read that's a nice reminder of some of the good things about this show. Though why they choose the Duel instead of other episodes from series 1 is beyond me!
chucklesthescot
Jun 08, 2010 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: fans of the series
These early episodes of the series were so good-Travis was such an excellent character and I did like his black leather outfits especially when they switched actors! OK I'm digressing now...this was another good novel based on season 1 and the vendetta between Travis and Blake. Makes me want to go and watch the DVDs again...
Chip
Jun 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
I've always loved the show, and this was just sitting on my shelf.
Stephen Theaker

Blake's 7 (7 books)
  • Blake's 7
  • Blake's Seven: Scorpio Attack
  • Blake's 7: Afterlife
  • Avon: A Terrible Aspect (Blake's 7)
  • Blake's 7: The Way Back