Start by marking “Breeding Cycle (The Kategan Alphas, #1)” as Want to Read:
Breeding Cycle (The Kategan Alphas, #1)

Breeding Cycle

(The Kategan Alphas #1)

Each year lykaen princess Sarina Brunes goes through her breeding cycle—a powerful force that makes the desire to mate nearly inescapable. When Sarina is sent away by her father to endure the breeding cycle alone, she never expects a sexy Alpha to come to her doorstep.

When Alpha Vane Kategan stumbles upon Sarina in her breeding cycle, he is determined to help her, if only
Nook, 157 pages
Published July 5th 2011 by T. A. Grey (first published June 28th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Breeding Cycle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Breeding Cycle

Sammy Loves Books
I don't need much when reading a paranormal novella involving were-wolves.
description
1) Sexy Alpha Male... Check!
2) Erotic Sex.... Double Check!..mmm, make that a Tripple Check!

An evil father locks his daughter away out in the woods while she is going thru her mating heat to prevent her from loosing her virginity. As fate would have it, a hot sexy alpha werewolf catches her scent. I was in the mood for something hot n heavy and this book more than fit the bill. Warning: This book contains sex to the 10th
Pam

Sarina is the daughter of the Alpha and King of the Lykean community; she is sheltered and kept hidden from everyone. Her father forces her to endure her breeding cycle alone until he finds a worthy mate, she doesn’t understand his cruelty but accepts her fate, as a member of the Pride she has to save herself for a man of worth to ensure exceptional health and breeding of the Lykean species. Sent alone to a secluded cabin in the middle of nowhere…
"…she understood why her father sent h
Jill
Jun 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
Smutastic!!! Loved every minute of this werewolf shifter erotic book. Nice... is all I can say.
Anne-Marie
Jul 27, 2013 rated it did not like it
I don't care if this is erotica. I don't care if this is supposed to be light writing and all. This was just horrible. The writing was not the worst I have seen, but it was not good by any means. The main plot of the book would have made Breeding Cycle bearable if there were any. But no! There is absolutely no story development whatsoever.

It's the story of a girl who has an asshole father who wants to manage her life and all as if she were his slave and not his daughter. Then, it's the typical -
Melissa
Jun 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: shifters
Another free read that I got for my Kobo. The only other book from this Author I have read was a free read for another series that this Author wrote. I must say I loved that one too. While I was checking into that series (which I plan to buy, I loved it so much)I saw this book and since it was a free read immediately downloaded it. Hoping I would love it just as much as I did the other. I am happy to say I was not let down.

This book is off the charts SIZZLING HOT!! It starts off on page one with
Sandra
Sarina Brunes is a werewolf princess who is going through her breeding cycle. Even worse, she is alone, aroused to the point of pain and locked up in a cabin by her very controlling farther.

Image2 zps14803efa

In enter....

Alpha Vane Kategan

eduardo zps19dcfb50

When Vane senses the sexy and beautiful woman, he knows she's his mate. The problem is she won't let him take her. Will he make her cave before pain will take over her? Can he make Sarina's farther see that he's right for her - or will he have to do it the harder way?

Why 3 st
Karen
Oct 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Princess Sarina is sent away by her father due to her breeding cycle, any males around her would have sex with her and not be able to control himself. She is a princess her father a kink of lykaen. She is in a cabin in the woods sent to bear this painful cycle on her own. Most women are serviced by a male in the pack during this time to lessen the pain and great sexual need.

Alpha and leater of the Kategan Pack is walking thru the woods which he loves to do after a rain, he scents a female in hea
The BookChick
Sep 27, 2011 rated it did not like it
The very first sentence starts the book with a sexual interlude. I don't particularly care for books that begin in that manner because no story line has been established at that point.

At about 24% on my Kindle, sex was still very much the dominant theme but Ms. Grey attempted to weave a bit of story into it. At 36%, I started noticing and becoming irritated by the magnitude of typographical and grammatical errors in a novella length book. I discovered a run-on sentence that I actually had to re
 ~*~Princess Nhya~*~
Alright, it is what it is... Erotica, but boring. It's not a very long read but it's not incredibly short either.

What turned me off, (no pun intended) was it was just straight sex from the 1st chapter til like chapter 8. Now I love my smuttiness just as much as the next horn toad, but I like to be stimulated on all fronts in order for me to enjoy the book.

The sex, because it's erotica, was still plentiful throughout the novel but it wasn't until after chapter 9 that a story started to form. I r
ℏṳ❡ṧᾰɴᖱḉ✺✺к!ḙṧ
I'm like

and then I'm like

I don't really know if it's only me but Vane and Sarina just kept going at each other. Seriously. Non-stop SEXing lol although the storyline was enjoyable which I read like within three hours probably its to make it go quicker.

Anyway was it off-putting for me, a little but then it wouldn't explain much why they kept at it. Still I found the story not lacking but interesting. Hence why I gave it a 2 or 2.5 stars

So overall it didn't drag which is good and it just kept t
Monique
Oct 31, 2012 rated it it was ok
This was a DNF for me.

The writing style was very choppy and it grated on my nerves. There was too much sex and not enough plot. I stopped halfway so I don't know if whether the plot eventually kicks in or not, and I have no wish to find out.

There was no character development. While I didn't mind the heroine in the beginning, I could at least tolerate her while she and the hero spent time at the cabin, when she was back at the castle with her best friend, she completely changed and spoke like a t
Elaine
Wow! Super hot, sexy erotic book.

Thanks to Samantha's review, I picked up this book on my Kindle and was not disappointed. It looks like this will be a great series. I'm on the 2nd book now.

Be aware- there is lots of graphic sex. Lots. Graphic. If that bothers you, this is not for you.

But if you LOVE your erotic romances, get this one today!
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
The start of this book begins partway through a dream (although this is not immediately clear) and what a dream! We are talking M/F/M. Once you get past the beginning you realise that this is a young woman/Lykae who is about to go through her Breeding Cycle which is not as pleasant as it sounds as she is forced to go through it alone. Her father is manipulative and uncaring and you are left with questions about his past as the book goes on.

Luckily for Sarina, a male does turn up who is in fact h
Patricia
Apr 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
this is my first t.a. grey book, and definitely NOT my last :)
this book sucked me into the wonderful worlds that t.a. creates. she creates all these amazing characters you absolutely fall in love with, and takes them on such journeys that will have you beside yourself wondering what is going to happen.
i can't believe i had never written my review for this book until now.
i adore t.a. and EVERY SINGLE word she has written.
if you haven't read her books, you are truly missing some amazing characters
Syahira Sharif
Aug 12, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: adult, erotica, werewolves
I'm not sure why I even read this but I've been reading most of the Amazon freebies in my Kindle and frankly this is quite okay for a 1-star. Apparently there's a virgin werewolf princess and then there's an alpha wolf and there's an evil werewolf king and werewolf prince. There's load of sex and foreplay but the book was painfully bad that I can't help but becoming entertained by it. I just deleted it after reading it. Gosh, to think people actually buy this.

Full review much later. Still in ray
Erin
Feb 24, 2014 rated it did not like it
Blech! This is the 2nd book by this author I have read. I have come to the conclusion that the very thin plots and too much sex in both the books I read are just not my cup of tea. I will pass on reading anymore books by this author.
Awilk -never sleeps-
This is erotica, and was exactly what I was looking for. A hot alpha, a heroine that didn't completely drive me mad and lots of smutty times. Off to read the next two shorts.
Yona
Jan 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
The book had a plot, but it was mostly erotica.

It was short but I liked it .
Daemon
Sep 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
Now this was a seriously interesting book. I would give it a 8.5 out of 10 with no reread. The very first scene in this book sets the tone for the entire book. It's a sex scene. Vane is the lead male and Sarina is the lead female. Basically Sarina's father is a major tool and treats her as property. The poor girl. Vane is an awesome charismatic Alpha. Oh did I mention Sarina is a Princess and her father the King? Well they are. So Sarina is basically treated as property and not allowed to intera ...more
Teri
May 17, 2014 rated it it was ok

I got this as a freebie, its the beginning of a series. Overall, once I got past the sex-sex-sex, I liked where the author was going with the story, and the eventual introduction of some other characters.
I wanted to kill Sarina's dad.
I was glad to have met Alison...and Rome...and there's a little something with Darien, too...so...I think if it was a little more plot-heavy vs. the crazy sex, i would have liked it more. The sex scenes weren't really for me, either...except maybe the initi
Vanessa
May 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
The only reason this one is getting 4 stars is because of the grammar and typos.
It's not a bad concept and I actually enjoyed it very much.
If only it didn't have so many errors, that really, really, really, bugged me.
Once I got passed the errors I liked it and it was a good read nonetheless.
Lizzie
I really enjoyed this book. The beginnig surprised me a bit, I actually checked to make sure I hadn't skipped a chapter. (I won't ruin the surprise.) Now, this is what I'd call a firestarter. From the beginning it had me squirming in my seat, waiting on more.
This story was very well written. The characters are deliciously believable. I'm getting them all!
Shan ~ A ~
Full of sexy scenes, but had a few typos.

Still I would have rated it more had the paranormal element been more explored. They are shifters and no one, not even in the heat of anger, shifted.

Still, as I said before it had some very hot sex. Although this one didn't completely do for me, the next one in the series seems more promising.
Debbie
Hmmmm......Can a book have too much sex in it? I think I would have preferred a shorter book with less sex and more dialogue. I liked the plot and the characters, just too much for me....Will read the next book to see if its more of the same or if it's toned down a bit!
Caroline Toye
Oct 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Great start to the series, great characters and good action. Finished too quickly, but had the next one to head into. I was addicted already!
Brenda
Jul 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
First time reading this authors work and first paranormal. Really njoyed reading. A little different from my normal, but was really a good read.
Fil
Sep 21, 2013 rated it liked it
2.5 stars, but I'm going to continue and give the series a shot. Potential storyline, but we'll see?
      .•*¨`*•✿  ✿•*¨`*•. J. Katherine  .•*¨`*•✿  ✿•*¨`*•.
Wonderful book with the erotica and a story line too. A hot alpha, a heroine that didn't completely drive me crazy. Looking forward to read the next books in the series!
Feb 14, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: ammp-challange
After reading T.A Grey's The Loneliest Alpha i was itching to read another of her creations..... If you told me this book was by same author i wouldn't believe you. The beginning the main character Sarina is having an imaginary 3 way which i didn't actually get was imaginary until she proclaimed she was a virgin later on, the whole book was just a load of foreplay no real story.

Girl gets horny during her cycle, dad sends her away to get over it, weird peeping tom sees her through window, who sh
Jamie
This was okay. I mean, there was potential, but it was just to short to be anything but choppy. I think it's really hard to do any kind of PNR in so few pages.
  • Breeding The Female (Forced, Fucked, and Bred Trilogy, #2)
  • Pleasuring The Beast
  • Seeking Pack Redemption (Pack, #3)
  • Untamed Hunger (Alpha Colony, #1)
  • Mating Fever
  • Before The Moon Rises (Ritter Werewolves, #1)
  • Feral Domination (Faldron Shifters, #1)
  • A Royal Heartbreak  (The Moretti Werewolf, #2)
  • Owning Arabella
  • Captain's Price
  • Tales of the Red Moon Clan
  • The Mating Chase (Werewolves of Montana, #1)
  • Mates Since Birth (Half-breed Shifters, #3)
  • Night of the Tiger (Hades' Carnival, #1)
  • To Tempt a Wolf (Whispering Springs Werewolves, #2)
  • The Sweetest Torture (Sexy Shifter Shorts #1)
  • Blood Lust (Rapid City Wolves, #1)
  • Wolf Protector (Federal Paranormal Unit, #1)
USA TODAY Bestselling Author T. A. GREY loves to write sexy, pulse-pounding romances that will keep you up late at night.

If you're a fan of adventurous paranormal romance novels, then you'll love her Bellum Sisters series. This isn't your typical romance story, so be prepared for a kick of heat and tons of action featuring some spunky, spell-casting succubi sisters who are given to one unique man:

The Kategan Alphas (7 books)
  • Dark Awakening (The Kategan Alphas, #2)
  • Wicked Surrender (The Kategan Alphas, #3)
  • Eternal Temptation (The Kategan Alphas, #4)
  • Dark Seduction (The Kategan Alphas, #5)
  • Tempting Whispers (The Kategan Alphas, #6)
  • A Kategan Alphas Christmas Special: featuring Vane and Sarina (The Kategan Alphas Book 7)
“She suctioned her mouth,” 0 likes
“Don’t you know us virgins are the kinkiest? All those pent up, repressed desires….” 0 likes