Start by marking “Saunders Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-RN(R) Examination - E-Book” as Want to Read:
Saunders Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-RN(R) Examination - E-Book

Saunders Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-RN(R) Examination - E-Book

4.29  ·  Rating details ·  642 Ratings  ·  28 Reviews
This title includes additional digital media when purchased in print format. For this digital book edition, media content is not included.
Published July 23rd 2014 by W.B. Saunders Company (first published 1999)

Jacinda
May 29, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nursing
An absolute must for all potential NCLEX takers. I suggest making this book your bible right from day one of nursing school.
Duchess Nicole
This book was a major factor in my ability to pass Pediatric Nursing, Complex Critical Care Nursing, and Medical-Surgical Nursing. I only wish I had it before my OB rotations. I used it to review for NCLEX as well. I can't recommend it enough. Easy to follow format. Graphs and charts that give you only what you need to know, and I swear it's tailored to NCLEX style questions. My most important resource during nursing school.
Oct 10, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a massive NCLEX review organized by systems and sub specialties (pediatric is divided into endo, integumentary, etc.). The reviews at the beginning of the chapter are great little summaries but by no mean do they cover everything you need to know, ESPECIALLY infection control measures regarding the diseases! I had several NCLEX questions that went into much more detail than this book covers.

The questions are great- I would recommend doing all of them and then reviewing the rationales (e
Ashlee
Feb 14, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book and many others I have spent hundreds of dollars on are the only thing I allow myself to read till December. Someday I will have freedom again!!!
Katie
Feb 04, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The book itself is not hard to read but some of the answers to the questions are so bogus!
Anna
Jul 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I recommend this book for all nursing students and anyone studying for their NCLEX. This book was also recommended by all the professors I've had. Very detailed, easy to understand and thorough.
Sara
Feb 21, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
helped me pass the nclex!!!!!
Carla
Feb 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great guide that helped me prepare for my NCLEX exam. Information was to the point and had key information that was a must know in order to be successful!
Anne
Nov 04, 2007 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Goodness, it's thick!! I need to know all this? Oh my.
Amanda
Nov 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
10/10. Wish I had found sooner. Goes with Lowedermilk, Ignatavicius, and Hockenberry text books. Gives outlines for all the information that will be covered on the NCLEX as well as practice questions. Great resource.
Adrienne
Jan 11, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great condensed review of 4 years of nursing education. In some ways, this book was more thorough than my professors and for all that I learned along the way I am grateful.

Questions at the back of the chapters and the final test covered material well, but are recall and understanding questions only. This is important to know because the NCLEX is testing you at the higher comprehension levels of application and analysis. Any student preparing for NCLEX needs a source of those types of question
Florence Bernice
Wilfred Pareto said that in a 100-part of something, you really only need to focus on the significant 30-part of it.

And when taking the NCLEX-RN exam, you don't need to study everything nor from cover to cover of your MS book.

This book right here, is the 30% nursing content one needs to review. It was so comprehensive! And I liked it very much that it was in bullet-form and not written like a novel.

Compared with the Kaplan book, this is more detailed and more recommend-able to those GC and I-do
John F. Russell
Jan 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I haven't actually used this book for the NCLEX yet as I still have another year before I complete my BSN, but I used it to prepare for a very important final exam in my Med-Surg course. It was incredibly helpful in understanding the test taking strategies necessary for nursing school.
Dana Graves
Aug 03, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
its very informative..helps with tests..just HAPPY i dont have to reaad it anymore! :)
Zeina
May 03, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: uni-stuff
Well, that's thankfully over!
Sharee
Sep 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I did every chapter in this book and it was such a HUGE help to pass the NCLEX!! Great explanations. I would highly recommend it as a supplement while you're in school as well!!
Megan
May 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Most helpful book so far!
Yamy
Jul 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very good and comprehensive summary of nursing school. Clean, organized layout to help you focus on subjects and important points.
Tiffany
Oct 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
How can I read it?
Tawny
Dec 09, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lots of condensed information. A good review and easy way to see what areas you lack.
Julie
May 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lengthy and tedious, but it covers everything you need to know if returning to nursing after many years away from the profession, as I did. Geared primarily towards hospital nursing, of course.
Melissa
Apr 23, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So this is a book, no doubt. And I spent months on it too.
Gina Pollack
YAY! Passed boards!!
Bebe Konnen
Jan 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very helpful, seeing as I passed my NCLEX!
Aamir Shah
i read this for the porpose of knowlege
Kimmah
Jun 28, 2007 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: nursing students
Shelves: education
This is a great study guide.
Lady June
Dec 24, 2013
  • Nursing Diagnosis Handbook: An Evidence-Based Guide to Planning Care
  • Kozier & Erb's Fundamentals of Nursing
  • Fundamentals of Nursing
  • Baby ER: The Heroic Doctors and Nurses Who Perform Medicine's Tiniest Miracles
  • Pathophysiology Made Incredibly Easy!
  • Wong's Essentials of Pediatric Nursing
  • Brunner and Suddarth's Textbook of Medical-Surgical Nursing
  • Nightingales: The Extraordinary Upbringing and Curious Life of Miss Florence Nightingale
  • Physical Examination and Health Assessment [With CDROM]
  • Anthropological Theory: An Introductory History
  • Florence Nightingale: The Making of an Icon
  • Rapid Interpretation of EKG's
  • Prioritization, Delegation, and Assignment - E-Book: Practice Excercises for the NCLEX Exam
  • Medical-Surgical Nursing (Single Volume): Assessment and Management of Clinical Problems
  • The House of Hope and Fear: Life in a Big City Hospital
  • Birth as an American Rite of Passage
  • From Outrage to Courage: The Unjust and Unhealthy Situation of Women in Poor Countries and What They Are Doing About It
  • Tending Lives: Nurses on the Medical Front