Start by marking “Warriors of Cumorah (Tennis Shoes, #8)” as Want to Read:
Warriors of Cumorah (Tennis Shoes, #8)

Warriors of Cumorah (Tennis Shoes #8)

4.19  ·  Rating details ·  3,362 Ratings  ·  60 Reviews
When Becky and Josh Plimpton are kidnapped by Todd Finlay, Megan and her two suitors, Ryan and Apollus, attempt to rescue them, but through the mysterious powers of the Rainbow Room, one group ends up in nineteenth-century Jerusalem and the other in central America hundreds of years after the visitation of the Savior to the Nephites.
Kindle Edition
Published (first published October 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Warriors of Cumorah, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Warriors of Cumorah

Makenna
Sep 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was really good. I like how they switch points of view of characters.
Kerrin  Mountcastle
This is so amazing! I wouldn't change it at all!!
Steve Center
Jul 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Off on another exciting adventure. This is the most complicated storyline thus far.
Stephen Greco
This book was ok. I feel like know I have continued reading the books in this series just because I feel that I invested the time in reading the previous 7 books that I really enjoyed. I am to the point were I feel like I am going through the motions now. Probably a combination of me getting older and the book being less exciting the the previous books.
Jesse Whitehead
Aug 19, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I actually enjoyed this one much more than the last few. The action and situations felt a little more realistic than before. The old formula is still there but this time it’s twisted and turned over on itself so that it’s only obvious if you’re looking for it.

Rebecca actually makes a convincing nine-year-old girl and Apollus has just the right amount of anachronistic thoughts and actions that make his point-of-view interesting. Meagan is still the smart-mouthed teenager she’s always been and thi
Kimberly Fields
Another fun action story in the Tennis Shoes series. Chris Heimerdinger is always good at keeping me on the edge of my seat as I read-- there's never a dull moment in his books. There are some way overly cheesy parts (namely, the conversation between Meagan and Apollos at the end of the book). I wish he'd stick to adventure and leave the cheesiness out of it-- his first 3 books did a much better job at that than the rest. Also, I get tired of the constant sarcasm from a lot of his characters. It ...more
Rebecca
Heimerdinger switches between perspectives a lot in this book. I understand that it's necessary in order to tell the whole story but I'm not quite sure if I like it. It's not that it's badly written, far from it. Each character has their own distinctive voice and they vary greatly. Heimerdinger displays a lot of talent and insight when he can make me feel as though the story is actually being told by an ancient Roman soldier or a modern 10 year old girl, but I'm not sure how much I like the pers ...more
Charissa
Apr 28, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011
The plot just keeps twisting and getting more and more complicated (which I love). That's why I've read about four of these books in the last two weeks. They are so fun. The scriptural background given at the end of each chapter is just as intriguing as the story itself. This takes Josh and Rebecca (Garth's children) and involves a ton of the family eventually. Fun, fun, fun! I can't stop reading these books. My son is mad at me because I've left him behind in the dust because he stopped to read ...more
Angie
Not that stupid sword again.

I enjoyed this book more than I thought I would, but I think that is due entirely to my desire to read something fluffy. And I suspect Apollus might have something to do with it. . . . Otherwise, the Becky, Josh, and Mary arc was frustrating, uninteresting, and unnecessary—I enjoyed the arc with Apollus, Meagan, and Ryan immensely more.

I also had a realization that might explain somewhat why I'm still reading the series despite its poor writing/editing at times and it
Lisa
This is the beginning of a new adventure for the Hawkins family. Two years after the last book left off, things seem to be going really well for everyone, that is until an enemy from Jim and Garth's past resurfaces. Tod Finlay, intent on finding the sword in another time, kidnaps Garth's children. While trying to save Becky and Josh, things go wrong, and everyone not only ends up in a different time, but in different times from each other.

Although I enjoyed this story, I didn't like it nearly as
Francie
Once upon a time I read this series and really enjoyed them ... until the series never ended and the author started taking upwards of 10 years between volumes. These stories have too many characters and story lines to be expecting the reading audience to stay current with things with these kinds of publishing dates! Maybe if he ever really truly finishes the series, I might start again at 1 and read right through to the end. Then I can enjoy them again, like I used to when I first started. :)
Robyn
Feb 18, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This one was a little more disjointed than the other books and hard to follow. All the books jump back and forth between past and present and some of them also follow two different people in the same adventure but this story not only jumps back and forth between present and past and follows different people sharing the same adventures and also different adventures in two different time periods and countries. I found it hard to keep track of both stories and should have just read one story line a ...more
Dad
Aug 05, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lds-fiction
This is a great book. It has action and interest. I got to admit that the part of the story about the two younger children is not as interesting as that with the older characters. It gives enlightenment as to the dark side characters through Akish or Shika and Fire Born. This is a good idea, time travel, to do a series about. Meagan and her dilemma with Apollos and Ryan was a real highlight. It is interesting to see a book going through scriptural history and gives good insights.
Aaron Hubbard
May 03, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I am done reading this series. All of the books have the same plot line which makes them extremely repetitive especially if you have read the previous books. The book is written with multiple narratives which makes it annoying. Every character in this series has the exact same personality and voice. You could rearrange the names and the story would be the same. I could go on and on with everything I dislike but it is not worth my time.
Hailey Gregg palagar
The young Plimpton children are kidnapped...I'll let you figure it out ;D The gang ends up chasing the kidnapper and children through time. In this book we are introduced to the use of seer stones. Harry returns from his mission and joins in the search.

I really enjoyed this book. The theme here I think is remembering to lean on the Lord and sometimes we just have to work with what we have. We will not always have the whole picture.
Stephanie
I have really liked this series, but this one was hard for me to get through. I found some of the story line confusing, and it dragged on. Yes, there were parts that captivated me, but not as much as I would have liked. I do like the author's writing style and how the story is told from different character's point of view. I will stick with the series because I do want to see how it all wraps up. It does, doesn't it?!?
Kaden
Dec 14, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
In all honesty I don't know what to think of this book. The reason why I give it three stars is it isn't as captivating as the other books. I liked the beginning of the book but as it went on it got more and more dull. Also, some parts just don't make sense. I will end up still reading the next book in hopes that the story gets better.
Christine
Apr 18, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I had read this volume before but wanted to re-read it so that I can continue the series and not feel lost. If memory serves I have also read book #9 Tower of Thunder, and was somewhat disappointed. Chris Heimerdinger sets a high bar, I would still recommend it to those who enjoy reading the Tennis Shoes Adventure Series.
Michelle
Jul 02, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: abandoned
I'm sure these books are really good to young adults, but I just got really tired of them. They are all the same plot, the same characters, the same story just told in sixteen different ways. I think the author got really carried away with this series. There are still two more books, but I don't think I will be reading/listening to them.
Greg
Mildly entertaining. Like the other books in the series, it is really directed at a young teenager (or younger) age group. I read this and subsequent books in the series at the insistence of my daughter who was a big fan. Though I enjoyed them, I appreciated them even more because they served as a catalyst for discussing related doctrinal concepts and concerns with my daughter, and later my son.
Ticia
Mar 03, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've found this one a bit confusing because I don't really understand where it fits into the Book of Mormon time frame. I also don't like how they are jumping all over through time. Maybe the part two of the saga will make me like it more.
Becky
This one was more chaotic than the earlier books and lacked focus. The similarity to ERB is even stronger as our characters jump from adventure to adventure without a lot of time to think things through.
Desiree
Oct 07, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
So far this book... Let's just say I'm having a hard time finishing it; and I'm only listening to the audio!

I just finished this book... I'm getting tired of the same old basic story line... I'm going to listen/read something else before I finish this series. I'm pretty board with it!
Kristen
Dec 13, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
awesome book! I love this series. I listened to this book on CD and it was so good. I wish it would have had a little more historical/ scriptural info in it, but when dealing with scripture time periods, you dont' have much info to go on.
Luisa
Sep 24, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I didn't like the changing narrators... how many did we have??? 4? I like 2, but 4 was a bit much. Other than that, the story was still captivating. I'm getting antsy to finish the series, though. This was what... 8 of 11?? Jeez.
Megan
"Still she would not turn back, so with a wave of my hand that signified the insanity of all women everywhere--and this one in particular-- I did as she commanded and departed the shaman's house." {Apollus pg 257}
Melissa
Interesting twist of the story line. Still cheesy to me and especially the voice of the young girl, but for some reason I'm really interested in how the story plays out so I continue to read this series.
Melody
Aug 04, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book just as much, or maybe even more so the second time around. Since it has been so many years I had to re-read before I started on the newest tennis Shoes adventure. :) I will keep my rating of 5 stars for sure!
May 11, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2015
I really liked how Mary was upset about how spoiled people are. She felt like people only talked about getting more stuff, comparing their stuff with other people's stuff, or trying to earn more money so they could get rid of their stuff to buy more stuff! People also waste too much!
Melissa
LOVE this series! The Book of Mormon takes on a hold new light. Amazing read the whole series never gets old. Adventure, romance, spirituality! I would recommend these to 12 and up because of the violence.
  • Come Unto Me (The Kingdom and the Crown #2)
  • So Much of Life Ahead (Hearts of the Children, #5)
  • Samuel: Moroni's Young Warrior (Samuel Adventure, #1)
  • Power of Deliverance (The Promised Land, #2)
  • Hazardous Duty (Duty Series, #1)
  • Backlash (Saint Squad, #4)
Chris Heimerdinger is an author and member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS) who has presently written sixteen adult and young adult novels, most of which center on religious themes familiar to LDS members. Most are published with Covenant Communications in American Fork, Utah. One title, A Return to Christmas was also picked up by Random House/Ballantine in 1995. When the t ...more
More about Chris Heimerdinger...

Tennis Shoes (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Tennis Shoes Among the Nephites (Tennis Shoes, #1)
  • Gadiantons and the Silver Sword (Tennis Shoes, #2)
  • Feathered Serpent, Part 1 (Tennis Shoes, #3)
  • Feathered Serpent, Part 2 (Tennis Shoes, #4)
  • The Sacred Quest (Tennis Shoes, #5)
  • The Lost Scrolls (Tennis Shoes, #6)
  • The Golden Crown (Tennis Shoes, #7)
  • Tower of Thunder (Tennis Shoes, #9)
  • Kingdoms and Conquerors (Tennis Shoes, #10)
  • Sorcerers and Seers (Tennis Shoes #11)