Start by marking “Crabs in a Barrel” as Want to Read:
Crabs in a Barrel

Crabs in a Barrel

3.42  ·  Rating details ·  43 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
Acclaimed author Byron Harmon’s third novel is a frank, no-holds-barred comedy with a sharp satirical edge. When a yachtful of party-goers headed for the Bahamas are shipwrecked and wash up on a remote island, the diverse group—ten African Americans and their white captain—are left with the usual survivor struggles: to find food, to shelter themselves, and to somehow
Published August 25th 2006 by Agate Bolden (first published July 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Crabs in a Barrel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crabs in a Barrel

Felicia A
Feb 02, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: urban-fiction
This is starting out surprisingly well and is written VERY well. I cannot believe I let this book sit brand new on my shelf for over a year!

UPDATE: Very quick read, less than 175 pages. Very nice change from the "norm". I'm not sure if it's intended to be a comedy or not, since some of the subject matter (rape, murder, explosions, etc.) is not funny, but the author has one hell of a humorous streak. One of the main characters, Fame - a wannabe comedian - is not my favorite, but please definitely
Elana
Jul 17, 2007 rated it did not like it
Crap in a barrel.
Luann
May 15, 2008 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fiction
Not nearly as entertaining and funny as I expected. The description on the book cover made it sound like a rip-roaring funny story about 10 black passengers and their white captain stranded on a deserted island. Not the case - there was fighting, rape and murder. Somewhat of a sad story, really.
Arburtha
Apr 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
This was a really good book? I was very surprised! It started out slow but only for the first few paragraphs, then it quickly picked up and ended with a bang!! I really enjoyed it , it was different from any book I ever read! Hat's Off to Byron Harmon for giving us such a good read!!
Lana
May 15, 2008 rated it it was amazing
I read this book in 3 days. It is an easy read, that will make you laugh, cry and wonder how would you behave if you were stranded on an island with people you didn't know. Hmmm!
Ben Kintisch
Jul 17, 2007 rated it really liked it
The guilitiest of guilty pleasures. Kind of like "Gilligan's Island" with street cred. Can be read in approximately 20 minutes.
Barbara
Jun 26, 2012 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this book although I think I missed some of the humor. Still very entertaining.
PdProfs
May 31, 2012 rated it it was ok
Great book and easy read. However, the ending appeared completely unpolished. Not sure if that was the author's intent but it lacked closure in my opinion.
Irion
Apr 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is a good easy read,very entertaining, and kept me wanting more. final rating 5 stars
Nandi Crawford