Start by marking “Dog Days (Joe Ledger #2.1)” as Want to Read:
Dog Days (Joe Ledger #2.1)

Dog Days

(Joe Ledger #2.1)

Audible Audio, Unabridged, 1 page
Published July 13th 2011 by Blackstone Audiobooks

To ask other readers questions about Dog Days, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dog Days

Scott Sigler
May 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A nice slice of Joe Ledger's story, which takes place between a couple of novels. If you've read about the character Ghost and wonder how that pup came to be, you need this story.
Badseedgirl
Feb 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the story of Ghost, the most awesome agent of "the Department of Military Sciences," next to Joe Ledger that is.
Jen | Jen Talks Audiobooks
If you like revenge, this one is for you. Especially that last bit.

As always, Ray Porter is stellar.
Peep (Pop! Pop!)
Loved that there wasn’t a whole drowned out book on this. JM recognized that Joe Ledger is way too good to be stuck with an entire book of searching for Veder. Love the introduction of Ghost. Looks like he and Joe will get along nice. Though I am worried how Joe would do if Ghost wasn’t around to save the day. As for the story. I like how it started out and we get to hear from Rudy and a little bit of Mr. Church. I don’t know if it was because I was listening to the audiobook but I was able to p ...more
Sinisa Mikasinovic
Jan 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fans of Joe Ledger series
This one is a real treat!
I read it after already getting introduced to Ghost in The King of Plagues, the third book in the Joe Ledger series. And I really liked it, from beginning to end.

Ever wondered how and why Joe and Ghost came to be partners?
Then this is the right book for you.

You'll see their first hunt together. And if you read The Dragon Factory you will know who the target is. There are plenty of hilarious scenes that will make you crack, as usual, but the overall tone is very serious.

D
Banshee
Jun 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This short story is a must read in the Joe Ledger series. Joe Ledger gets a new partner, Ghost and with Ghost's help Joe gets revenge on Veder. The reader gets to really feel just how much Joe loved Grace. I always hated how Grace died, I felt Maberry just added her death for shock value, until I read this story. The growing relationship pains between Joe and Ghost are amazingly portrayed. Ray Porter is an awesome voice actor. This is my favorite story in the Joe Ledger series, I cannot recommen ...more
Chris Calon
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent short story!
Sabrina
Jan 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audio
Great, but save your $ just jump into the next Maberry Novel - The King of Plagues!
Scott Benoit
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hannah Carson
Jan 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Ray Porter may be my favorite narrator of all time. And he is absolutely the voice of Joe Ledger. Great to get some more closure after the events of The Dragon Factory.
Riley Rabuck
Apr 05, 2019 rated it it was ok
Short in between story, didn't love it.
David
Aug 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Joe Is Back In The Saddle. Weeks after the Dragon Factory Joe and his new partner Ghost get pay back for DMS hero Major Babe.
Ryan M Pratt
Jun 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good follow up for Dragon factory and the introduction of ghost prior to Assassins Code.
Steph
Read as a part of anthology: Joe Ledger: The Missing Files

Joe Ledger returns in this tale that follows the tragic conclusion of The Dragon Factory. In the wake of a devastating personal loss, Joe Ledger and his new canine partner, Ghost, go hunting for the world's deadliest assassin.

Ever wonder how Joe ended up with Ghost, his battle canine partner or how he tracked the man responsible for the his biggest loss in his life? This short provides those answers. (I ❤ Ghost!)
Zade
May 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Another fun short from Maberry. The introduction of Ghost, the amazing war dog, is a great step in the development of this series (although I'm sorry that Cobbler the cat no longer appears). Also, it makes a lot of sense for Maberry to settle the problem of revenge for Grace's death in an interlude, rather than having to bring baggage from the last novel into the next. As always, revenge is sweet and bloody and morally complicated for Ledger, which makes this more than just an exciting action st ...more
Vicky
A short story to wrap up the events in the ending of The Dragon Factory. I loved the introduction of Ledger's dog Ghost, and how even Ledger the cat person bonded quickly with him. Although, after calling Jacoby "Alpha" in Dragon Factory, it was awkward to hear Ledger call himself the alpha of a pack of two. I look forward to seeing more of Ghost in future books.
Stephanie
Jun 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Good boy, Ghost.
This one is audiobook only, and I'd been meaning to listen to it for a while. It tells the story of Joe getting Ghost, his giant white shepherd, and their first mission together.
I liked that it's not a full novel, but rather a novella that brings two things together: Joe getting Ghost, and Joe getting revenge on the man who killed a very important person in The Dragon Factory. It handled both well, without the need for extra scenes or padding.
Will
Apr 12, 2015 rated it liked it
Recommended to Will by: 135
An audio-only release about the aftermath of The Dragon Factory, focusing on how Joe Ledger acquired Ghost. With Ray Porter, now designated as the official voice of Joe.
Mainly for completists who have been wondering "Where did the DAWG come from?"
Lesli
Audiobook only. Great follow up to Dragon Factory. Short. Focused. Proof that Ledger can be a little too cocky. That'll get you killed if you aren't careful.

All of the Joe Ledger books are an odd but compelling mashup of military thriller and science fiction horror. Maberry writes a lot of detail, a lot of emotion, and a lot of action.
Anne
Jan 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good story. But where is the dog, now?
Panos Panagiotidis
Apr 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Love this.
Bridget
Mar 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
My only complaint is that Joe doesn't seem like a cat person. I understand that he had to warm up to Ghost and build that relationship, but I just don't get that he's a cat person.
Apr 16, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: thriller
Nice backstory on how Ghost joined the party. The only reason I'm giving this only 3 stars it that I wish it had been a bit longer, with more Joe/Ghost bonding moments.
Sheryl
Jul 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
Short but good
Susan
Nov 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I really like this story. It is one of my favorite Joe Ledger shorts. I just love Ghost! And, like Joe, I'm not a dog person either!
Penny Ramirez
Nov 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: series, thriller
Ah, Joe. I love these in-betweens. It was nice to meet Ghost!
Kim
Apr 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely love Ghoist! Perfect partner for Joe
Drew
Sep 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
A wonderful short story that finishs up the Dragon Factory nicely. It has a little bit of action and a bit of a twist. A great complement to the story.
R.J. Dennis

• We're Alive: A Story of Survival, the Second Season
  • Hungry For You
  • Ние, врабчетата
  • Darkness Creeping: Twenty Twisted Tales
  • Kiss of Death (DS Heckenburg, #7)
  • The Killing House (Paula Maguire, #6)
  • I Hunt Killers - Free Preview (The First 10 Chapters): with Bonus Prequel Short Story "Career Day"
  • The Coming Economic Armageddon
  • The Amulet (The Midnight Eye Files Book 1)
  • The Girls In The Woods (Annie Graham, #5)
  • Alien Separation (Katherine "Kitty" Katt, #11)
  • Blood Symmetry (Alice Quentin, #5)
  • The Complete Hammer's Slammers Volume 2
  • The Shout
  • The Junkie Quatrain
  • Under the Yoke (Draka, #2)
JONATHAN MABERRY is a New York Times best-selling and five-time Bram Stoker Award-winning author, anthology editor, comic book writer, magazine feature writer, playwright, content creator and writing teacher/lecturer. He was named one of the Today’s Top Ten Horror Writers. His books have been sold to more than two-dozen countries.

He writes in several genres. His young adult fiction includes ROT &a

Joe Ledger (10 books)
  • Patient Zero (Joe Ledger, #1)
  • The Dragon Factory (Joe Ledger, #2)
  • The King of Plagues (Joe Ledger, #3)
  • Assassin's Code (Joe Ledger, #4)
  • Extinction Machine (Joe Ledger, #5)
  • Code Zero (Joe Ledger, #6)
  • Predator One (Joe Ledger, #7)
  • Kill Switch (Joe Ledger, #8)
  • Dogs of War (Joe Ledger, #9)
  • Deep Silence (Joe Ledger #10)