Start by marking “One Way Road: The Autobiography of Three Time Tour de France Green Jersey Winner Robbie McEwen” as Want to Read:

4.02  ·  Rating details ·  97 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
Robbie McEwen is one of the most successful road cyclists of the last 20 years, having achieved the rare distinction of winning over 100 professional races, including multiple stages in the prestigious Tour de France and Tour of Italy. At the Tour de France, he has taken the coveted green jersey three times. He spent his teen years winning just about every possible title f ...more
Published December 6th 2011 by Random House Australia

To ask other readers questions about One Way Road, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Way Road

Thodupunuri Rachna
Aug 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
My first book by an Aussie bloke, and I must say I am happy to have read this book. An easy read, with a very friendly tone and a story that inspired me in many ways. The struggle and hardwork that goes into being a cyclist cannot be put in better words. Robbie McEwens struggle and determination is beyond my imagination. Im glad he rode and wrote his story.
John Martin
Mar 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
When I was growing up we had a saying about cyclists: Strong in the legs, weak in the head. I discovered it's not true of them all. The very best cyclists are also strong in the head.
Robbie McEwen is a case in point. Possessing the right physical attributes just isn't enough to achieve over a long period of time - as he has done (you only have to point to the scoreboard for that: there's an impressive list of his wins at the end of the book). To be a top athlete in any sphere, you also need be b
Nick Bond
May 11, 2016 rated it liked it
Robbie is a true great, and it's really quite a treat to have a signed copy! While I love cycling and the way this book opens the sport right up for all to see the personalities, exhaustion and merciless business politics, what I found myself coming back to was the book was an attempt at what I believe is a case of post-event re-assessment. I spent many years in competitive triathlon, and while I acknowledge the sports are widely different disciplines, what runs parallel to life in a team is the ...more
David
Dec 29, 2011 rated it really liked it
A very easy read. Read it in just a few sittings as I was engrossed and just want to see what happened next.

A heap of details about what it is like to ride as a professional, none of which you really have any idea about just watching races on telly each year.

No nonsense style, just the facts. It hurts to ride a bike hard and Robbie knows all about the pain on and off the bike.

If you have ever watched the tour on tv, this will give a great background into what happens out there.
Murray
Jul 11, 2014 rated it liked it
Probably one of the better cyclist biographies I've read thus far. It seems to capture Robbie's voice and attitude well. Not too long in giving a good enough overview of his experiences. (I'm looking at you, Ricky Ponting and Steve Waugh for the opposite.) Probably finished a year too early though; would've been good to hear a bit more about his time at Radioshack (Lance) & doping.
Jordana Winchesterdream
A must read for any Australian cycling fan. Actually, scrap that, a must read for any cycling fan full stop. I've been a fan of Robbie's for 20 years and it's fantastic to get all the behind the scenes info and opinions he has.
Alison Sutherland
Apr 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
A great insight to the workings of the peloton, Robbie is at times shockingly honest and also obviously giving "his side" of events and incidents. Recommended to any cycling fan, especially those who have followed Robbie's career.
Jeremy
May 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
No holes barred account of Robbie's time in the peleton
Kerry
Jul 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
A blunt and honest look at the world of cycling and the great classics. A little Aussie fighter and a great sprinter
Wayne Andrews
Feb 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loved it, couldn't put it down!
Paulacameron
Oct 04, 2011 rated it really liked it
Five stars if you're a cycling fan. Interesting inside look at pro cycling from a rider at the top of his game.
Dave Wylie
Feb 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant read. Very down to earth guy.
Melissa