Start by marking “Woodrose Mountain (Hope's Crossing,#2)” as Want to Read:
Woodrose Mountain (Hope's Crossing,#2)

Woodrose Mountain

(Hope's Crossing #2)

Evie Blanchard was at the top of her field in the city of angels. But when an emotional year forces her to walk away from her job as a physical therapist, she moves from Los Angeles to Hope's Crossing seeking a quieter life. So the last thing she needs is to get involved with the handsome, arrogant Brodie Thorne and his injured daughter, Taryn.

A self-made man and single da
Mass Market Paperback, 345 pages
Published March 27th 2012 by HQN (first published December 27th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Woodrose Mountain, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Woodrose Mountain

Nicole Peterson
Mar 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: contemporary romance
Recommended to Nicole by: Hearts On Fire Reviews
If you are a sap like me you may need a couple of tissues. There are some really tear jerking spots in the book. Nothing horrifying, I promise. The book is well written, you get a good feel of the characters. Well rounded characters I guess you could say.

The plot has three main characters. Evie, currently a beading jewelry artist. However, two years ago she had a career as a physical therapist. Taryn, an accident survivor, and lastly her father Brodie, a successful business man. Evie and Brodie
Jacob Proffitt
Nov 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: chaste, romance
Now that's more like it! I had feared, based on the disappointment with the first in the series, that I wouldn't like these earlier books in Hope's Crossing. This book, book two, thoroughly dispelled that concern. This had everything I like about RaeAnne Thayne's books with the added bonus of some elements that struck very close to home for me on a personal level. It's a shame that you really need to read the first book before this one if only because the events in it play such a pivotal role.

Ev
Dani C. (Paulette's Papers)
May 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is a sweet story about redemption, forgiveness, healing and love. As a fan of these types of romances I am happy to say that this is the perfect read for a stormy night. I was able to forget about the storm around me and come to love the people of Hope’s Crossing.

Woodrose Mountain is about a woman named Evie who after a personal crisis leaves her job as a physical therapist and becomes a beader in the small town of Hope’s Crossing. It is there she meets Brodie who desperately needs her help
Julie
Jun 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
Woodrose Mountain by RaeAnne Thayne is a HQN publication and was released in March of 2012. This is the second book in the Hope's Crossing series.

Evie has moved from L.A. to Hope's Crossing after a terrible blow. She was a physical therapist and now her heart just isn't in it anymore.
She now host arts and crafts fairs and does bead work in her little store. But, a terrible car accident involving a car load of teenagers and drunk driving has left Hope's Crossing in mourning. One girl is dead and
Alicia (is beyond tired of your *ish)
Looks like a cute small town romance, but parts of it are a little dark. I liked the romance, though I wish more time had been spent on it. There just wasn't enough Evie and Brody together to make their love fully satisfying. Though I really liked their scenes together. And moving from their misconceptions of each other to appreciating and loving their differences. I also liked them individually. Though I do wish Evie hadn't caved to the emotional blackmail. It bothered me that Katharine, who kn ...more
Anna's Herding Cats
2.5 stars, 1.5 heat

First I liked a lot of Woodrose Mountain. But then I had a struggle with one element that took things from a 3.5/4 down to a 2.5

The Gist: Brodie's daughter was in a car crash that left her with both brain and physical injuries and she's in need of a physical therapist to help her recovery at home. There's one person perfect for the job-- Evie. Problem is the two can't stand each other and, well, she's given up work as a PT due to a traumatic experience.

Okay so the good.

Overa
LORI CASWELL
May 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2012
We met Evie Blanchard in the first book of the series Blackberry Summer. She works for Claire in the bead shop but before she came to Hope's Crossing she lived in Los Angeles and was a very successful physical therapist. After a very emotional year there she sought refuge in the relaxed pace of Hope's Crossing. She is shocked when her friend Katherine who knows her history asks her to help with her granddaughter Taryn's rehabilitation. Taryn was injured in a accident the shook up the whole town. ...more
TJ
Jun 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
A very sweet story of tragedy, love and ultimately forgiveness. I just had a bit of a problem liking Evie (the main character) at times.
Ronna
Jun 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Forgiveness, redemption and giving back to others to help deal with your own troubles are the underlying themes of this second light romance in the Hope's Crossing series by RaeAnne Thayne.

Evie Blanchard works in the beading store with Claire (from BLACKBERRY SUMMER) but she's actually a physical therapist. A tragedy in her past has caused her to forgo that path for her own emotional security. But when single dad, Brodie, begs her to take over his 15 year old daughter, Taryn's therapy, Evie is
Susan
Jun 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Very emotional book. Evie left Los Angeles and her job as a physical therapist when the emotions involved in one of her cases got too hard to handle. She came to Hope's Crossing at the urging of a friend and has found a sense of peace while she works at the local bead store. She has put her life as a physical therapist behind her until Brodie comes to her asking for help with his daughter. Taryn was in a terrible accident that left her unable to move or speak easily, and has been refusing to coo ...more
Kat ~ Forever Book Lover ♥
Jul 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, contemporary
You will find this entire review at Forever Book Lover.

This is the second book in the Hope's Crossing series, have you had a chance to read my review on the first book, "Blackberry Summer"? This book starts off right where the other ended. The town is still recovering from the tragic car accident. One of the victims in the accident is Taryn. She was badly injured, and she is finally coming home. If you read the summary above, you know that her dad will settle for nothing but the best for her rec
Yvonne
Mar 31, 2012 rated it really liked it
A tragic accident leaves Brodie Thorne’s teenage daughter, Taryn, in a wheelchair. She has the enormous task of learning how to do the simple things in life all over again. Brodie seeks the help of Evie Blanchard, a top physical therapist who recently moved from the big city to the small town of Hope’s Crossing. However, he’s stunned when Evie turns his offer down.

Evie left Los Angeles and her job after having to deal with her own personal tragedy and she no longer wants to deal with the ups and
Rhonda
Mar 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
STARS
It is a sweet tender book. Made me cry and laugh, and end with a smile.
Evie Blanchard loves her new town called Hope' Crossing and her job working in a bead shop. Evie also goes to craft fairs and part of each sell goes to a scholarship fund. What Evie doesn't do his physical therapy even though she is licened in Colorado.
Brodie Thorne life has taken a bad turn. He almost lost his daughter. Taryn was in a bad accident that put her in a coma with brain injurie while another teen lost her li
Ruth
Apr 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
This book is a sequel to Blackberry Summer, which I reviewed a few months ago. Taryn was one of the kids hurt in the accident which happened in that book, but you do not have to have read it to enjoy this one. The book takes us through rehab after a major incident; both the rehab of Taryn's body and the rehab of Evie's heart. The mystery person from Blackberry Summer is back, and if this person is who I think s/he is, I'd love to read his/her story--I'd like to read it even if my guess is wrong. ...more
Wendy Hines
Mar 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
Finally, a romance story that's right up my alley! I love romance. I think most of us do. I always get sidetracked and frustrated when the romance is disrupted by lurid sex scenes. There's a huge difference between love and lust and, sadly, I fear most writers don't see the difference. That's not true of RaeAnne. Not only did she provide me with an intriguing story, she provided me with characters that I could care about and a romance that was sure and true. I didn't even have to skip any pages ...more
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
Oct 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
While I liked the first book, and its couple Riley and Claire, I think I like this book a little bit more and especially its couple Brodie and Evie. And their many, many flaws and how they learn to overcome it. All the while, a possible romance between them?

I also liked that this one is more focus on the plot, while it does have its romance elements to it. I don't know what else to say really but that this was a pretty good installment in the series so far and I look forward to read the next boo
Dawn ♥ romance
Oct 15, 2014 rated it liked it
This was a good story but I didn't care for the writing style; five pages about walking in the door with description of every little thing and every single thought and dialogue of 'come in'. I starting skimming early, reading only the dialogue ... finished book quickly that way. Brodie asks Evie to do physical therapy with his brain-damaged daughter but she balks because of a past experience.
Kay Dee
soooo i read Sugar Pine Trail and thought it was cute and wanted to read the start of the series. turns out the Caine's started in the hope's crossing series and not the haven point series.

ok the entire hope's crossing series was like a hallmark movie with a lil nicholas sparks thrown in. cuz in hallmark there is not as much bad stuff going like folks dying and whatnot, nick sparks likes death or dismemberment or some awful tragedy.
i enjoyed the hope's crossing series for that hallmark feel.
the
Diana
Apr 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a lovely book. What a wonderful story. It has everything I've been looking for in a while. Easy light reading with a splash of real life wake up call.

First: Romance books set in small towns that lets you fall in love with that same town in every single page. In this one I could feel myself walking the mountain trail, I could smell the flowers as Evie moved along with Jacques.

Then: A realistic disabled (and on top of that, teenager!) character. I don't know if I buy into how much Taryn r
Jessica
Oct 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book is much darker than the cover implies. It deals with serious ethical issues. That is not necessarily a bad thing. It's just a warning to those who are looking for a nice light read. This is not it.

My only real problem with it is that the romance was more of an afterthought. The majority of the book is centered around a woman's (Evie) relationship with her patient and the inner turmoil Evie endures. There was very little focus on the love interest (Brodie) other than some steamy kisses.
Liz
Feb 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
This felt like a bit of a departure from other Thayne books in that it wasn't completely focused on the romance. Make no mistake, it was definitely still one of the main plots, but I felt like given how the events of the first book are still reverberating through this one, that it was more about finding family and how the community is coping. I liked that aspect, but it did just feel a bit different.

I was a little frustrated with how much Evie walled herself off. I understood the motivation and
Florence Fales
Feb 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Lauren R.
Feb 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Cute! Took me forever for some reason but really good. I love her writing even though it gets repetitive...and frankly the same goes for the characters and backstories. Everyone in this town has an incredibly tragic history and I don’t think she’s done AS good of a job fleshing those out like she did in the Haven Point series. However, I did like Brodie and Evie and Taryn. Solid story overall! I’m spacing these out a bit more so I don’t get burnt out like I started to with the last series.
Niki
Dec 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the second series I have read by RaeAnne Thayne and I really enjoyed it. I love when you read a series and each book is about a different person in the same town. This series is set up that way so buy the end you feel like you know everyone. I also love how they are romances but are very clean so anybody could read them.
Laura Aase
Apr 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Perfect! Physical therapist who quit because of a trauma and is talked into taking Brodie’s daughter on, the victim of a teen tragedy. Hidden secrets and sizzling glances as well as bead crafting and sympathy for the teen driver are all a part, did I mention a rescue dog? I wonder if Evie and Brodie will end up together???
Elaine
Apr 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very good read. A PT has moved to a small Colorado town after being devastated by losing her special needs child. She is reluctant to carry out a therapy program for a teenage girl coming out of a coma after an accident. I think it must have built on the first book in the series a lot, but it holds together alone.
Laurie Gommermann
Feb 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Touching story of rebuilding your life after a crisis. Shares how misconceptions can hurt people. Evie and Brodie's relationship grows after several ups and downs. Taryn's emotional challenge and struggle to walk and to talk after a car accident.
Dorine
Mar 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
Woodrose Mountain by RaeAnne ThayneEvie Blanchard moves to Hope’s Crossing to heal from a past she doesn’t want to relive, even in her memories. When Brodie Thorne insists she’s the answer for his injured daughter’s future, will Evie forego her own happiness to heal a child? In truth, can an entire town heal by example?

Evie Blanchard's emotional past has driven her to find employment as anything other than a physical therapist. She moves to Hope's Crossing and works at a bead store owned by Claire Bradford. Beading becomes its o
Leslie Hayden
Jul 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-challenge
this was a marvelous read. it took me from happiness to sympathy to frustrated. it provided a lesson on pressure and loyalty. her books grab my attention and i just get lost in the reading, almost as if I'm in a different reality.
Elizabeth
Feb 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sometimes, being forced to spend time with people who, at first, don't seem like they are someone you'd want to be with, opens your eyes to why they are that way and what life events have shaped their actions and beliefs.
This is a great example of two such people.
Madison Mega-Mara...: Woodrose Mountain 1 4 Aug 07, 2012 03:17PM

• Sage Creek (Lonesome Way #1)
  • Miracle Road (Eternity Springs, #7)
  • On Sunset Beach (Chesapeake Diaries, #8)
  • Surrender to Sultry (Sultry Springs, #3)
  • When Snow Falls (Whiskey Creek, #2)
  • Just Down the Road (Harmony, #4)
  • Return to Willow Lake (Lakeshore Chronicles #9)
  • Where Azaleas Bloom (The Sweet Magnolias, #10)
  • Sleigh Bells in Valentine Valley (Valentine Valley, #5)
  • Last Chance Family (Last Chance, #8)
  • On Lavender Lane (Shelter Bay, #3)
  • Just Over the Mountain (Grace Valley Trilogy, #2)
I'm not one of those people who knew from birth she was destined to become a writer. I always loved to read and throughout my childhood I could usually be found with a book in my hands. To the disgust of my friends, I even enjoyed creative writing assignments that made them all groan. But I had other dreams besides writing. I wanted to be an actress or a teacher or a lawyer.

Life took a different t

Hope's Crossing (7 books)
  • Blackberry Summer (Hope's Crossing, #1)
  • Sweet Laurel Falls (Hope's Crossing, #3)
  • Currant Creek Valley (Hope's Crossing, #4)
  • Willowleaf Lane (Hope's Crossing, #5)
  • Christmas in Snowflake Canyon (Hope's Crossing, #6)
  • Wild Iris Ridge (Hope's Crossing, #7)
“Right after” 0 likes
“Charlie gave Jacques a tentative pat or two as if he hadn’t been around animals very often. Too bad, she thought. In her experience, kids were generally a little more responsible and a little less self-absorbed if they had another creature depending on them.” 0 likes