Start by marking “Running” as Want to Read:
Running

Running

A contemporary tale about politics and passion by the author of the best-selling "Karma" series.

Action, suspense, romance, laughs, and just enough sex... a campaign you'll never forget. The political thriller with heart.

THE NEXT PRESIDENT IS GOING TO BE A WOMAN...

Published July 4th 2011 by eFitzgerald (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Running, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Running

Start your review of Running
Candy
Nov 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
I really didn't want to like this book, which is why it probably took me so long to read it after the author sent it in asking for a review. The premise sounded interesting, but I was just kid of "meh". I was skimming through my pile of ebooks and decided to give this one a shot. Why not, I was getting bored of reading the same old stuff.

Two days later I had finished it.

This is one of those books that grabs you by the back of the shirt and takes you running a breakneck pace through it. There's
Cheryl
Jan 08, 2012 rated it really liked it
What will it be like when the candidates for President of the United States are women? This is about just that. It portrays the candidate, Catherine Young as dealing with many of the same things that men now do. She is a widow, with 2 grown kids and the current vice president and the candidate for the Presidency of the United States. During her campaign, her private and public lives collide.

In a year when presidential politics abound for real, it was nice to read about them, knowing these
Diane
Jan 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
Wonderful plot with interesting characters and a story that builds in excitement. The Running is not just about the Presidential candidates, who happen to be women, but, the type of hysteria happening in campaigns based on over reactions to rumor, innuendo, stereotypes and the need to destroy the other side. I would love to follow some of these characters again in the next chapter of their lives!
April Plummer
The synopsis: Catherine Young, Vice President and newly-anointed Democratic nominee, is surging in the polls. The race is on against GOP candidate Jerusha Hutchins, known for her big blonde hair, who is the darling of the far-right Liberty Party. But with political wunderkind Zane Zarillo running her campaign, Catherine is sure to hold onto the lead.

Suddenly a medical emergency puts the President in the hospital and forces Catherine to act in his place… a perfect opportunity for her to show her
Lance
Sep 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: drama, romance
I absolutely LOVED this book. I picked it up for the train ride home from work and ended up staying up late into the night because I couldn't put it down. There was everything in the book you could ask for - politics, heart-felt emotion, a riveting story of an attempt to create a storm of controversy for a Presidential nominee (and current Vice-President), and more.

One point I do want to make so that anyone who reads this doesn't get discouraged - this is not a mystery or who-done-it because the
Margot
Jan 22, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought this would be an appropriate read considering the timeliness of the Republican presidential primaries going on at this time. I was not entirely happy with the way the plot and characters were unveiled...moving forward to quickly as if in a hurry to get the story done. An easy book to read and confirms some of the reasons we do not have more women in political office in America.
Gabi Coatsworth
Jul 26, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: novel
I've never bought a direct-to-e-book book before, so didn't know quite what to expect. I was very pleasantly surprised, especially when I found out it was a first novel. Terrific plot - I had to keep turning the pages (metaphorically speaking). The characters were intriguing and I had no idea how it would end - always a good thing when you're reading for escape! Looking forward to the next one.
Judy Wise
Jun 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
I found this book to be very interesting. Two women are running for the office of President of the United States. There are many trials to go through and we discover that her aid needs to blackmail her. I enjoyed reading about the many troubles that those in public life have to endure. This one is a little off the beaten path but still very good.
Sandy
Jan 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
Running by Patrice Fitzgerald is an entertaining political "who done it" with a strong cast of characters especially the Vice President, Catherine and the evil yet tormented man who sets the blackmail in motion. Great Kindle edition of this novel by this self-published author.
Veronica Sandtoes
Jul 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
A woman running for president has to suddenly face her secret past.
Becky Pierce
Feb 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
Great book - didn't turn out as I expected...wanted to keep reading and not put it down.
Ricardomon
Oct 23, 2011 rated it it was amazing
A fast-paced, sexy political thriller. You'll never forget Zane Zarillo. A great book to read holed up all weekend.
Rozanne
Jun 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Great read. Keep turning those pages and you will be thrilled.
W.T. Fallon
Nov 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
A great concept. The main character is running for president against another female candidate. Things get complicated when the president gets sick and she has to assume his duties, while dealing with some personal crises.
My only complaint was that I found some of the plot points predictable. I did like the characters and the pace moved along quickly.
Kathryn
Oct 16, 2017 rated it liked it
Interesting in comparison to more recent elections, perhaps the truth is stranger than fiction but sometimes fiction isn't so far fetched
Tara Chevrestt
I was drawn to this story because it's about a woman running for president of the United States. In this story, she's already a Vice President, so she's pretty darn close, and as a woman in the White House is something I'm dying to see in my lifetime, I was eager to read this.

I will say that even though I liked it for the most part, it wasn't what I was hoping for. It's more of a suspense type thing, not a political story. It's a story of secrets, blackmail, betrayal, and high-speed chases, with
Kathy
Dec 09, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction-general
(Full disclosure: I got this ebook for free.) After enduring yet another mud-filled presidential campaign where the candidates rarely answered the questions that were asked of them, I put about a month between Election Day and reading this book about a future presidential election. While Hillary Clinton and Sarah Palin reached positions that have more of us thinking about the reality of a woman as president, "Running" by Patrice Fitzgerald takes it to the next step...the next president will be a ...more
Kate's Reads
Dec 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
"Running", by Patrice Fitzgerald is not your run of the mill election story. Catherine Young is the current Vice President of the United States and has been nominated the Democratic candidate for president in the upcoming election. Her opposition is Jerusha Hutchins, a beauty-queen type who is married to a very prominent religious figure.

Catherine looks to be a "shoe-in" for the presidency until someone starts blackmailing her about an event in her past. When she learns that the blackmailer is a
Maria
Aug 31, 2013 rated it it was ok
After wasting months of my life trying to finish this book so that I could move on to something more interesting, I finally thought, "Why am I doing this?" and stopped at the 28% mark. I just couldn't get into the story. I didn't think the characters or even the plot were very believable, and the story just DRAGGED on and on and on. Sex and drugs. Drugs and sex. Bleargh! I need something a little more uplifting in my life right now. I'm just thankful that I got this on a Kindle freebie and ...more
Cheryl M-M
Jun 29, 2012 rated it liked it
It isn't very thrilling, perhaps because the storyline is a tad predictable. I think it would have been a stronger piece conceptually if the author had laid more emphasis on the gender equality when it comes to politics.

Why is it alright for a male to have affairs or hidden skeletons? No matter what the crime male politicians tend to be depicted in a glamourous bad boy light. Women however seem to have to live up to a different set of moral rules. This is about politics, the presidential race
Linda
Jun 19, 2012 rated it liked it
Despite the predictable ending, this was a good read. Not being politically savvy myself, I am not sure how realistic this book was. I did not like the author's characterizations of the two major political parties in the USA. This book was not a work of historical fiction, but it was good fiction.
Sue
I liked the book a lot in beginning, then it got a bit unbelievable in the middle, and predictable then at the end. About a woman vice president running for president and a past pregnancy that resulted in the child being given up for adoption. This information could put her presidency at risk. Then she is blackmailed. It kept my interest.
Amy
May 18, 2012 rated it it was ok
I thought most of the characters were a bit 2 dimensional and stereotypical. The blackmail plot and much of the aftermath of that is fast paced but I think that detracts from what could've been a more substantial story about two women presidential candidates.
Carol
Nov 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
When you realize this book was written a few years ago, don't know how the author could be so spot on for this election year of dirty politics. Fairly fast paced. It is going to be interesting to see where Patrice takes Catherine next.
Ebony
Jul 10, 2013 rated it did not like it
Free Amazon read...nuff said.
Paul
Oct 12, 2012 rated it liked it
This was a light entertaining book. A quick read that was interesting but certainly not one of the best books I've ever read.
Sherry
Aug 20, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: kindle-free
This was just OK. I enjoyed it, but since I give most thrillers and mysteries 3 stars, I'm just giving this 2, since I thought it was a bit predictable and the writing was rather stiff.
Elizabeth Traviss
Mar 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
Interesting election story. Not only is Catherine Young running for President of the United States, she is also running from an event buried in her past.
Joanne
May 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
Female next president? It caught my interest. This was not about politics, but a suspenseful and well written novel with a little bit of everything including a few quirky characters.
CJ
Sep 12, 2012 rated it it was ok
This book had me from the beginning so I read it until about half-way through. The plot was so predictable I couldn't force myself to finish it.

Moving on.....

• The Gifted School
  • This Tender Land
  • What Happens in Paradise
  • The Star and the Shamrock
  • The Jury (Sisterhood, #4)
  • Olive, Again
  • Opposing Sides (University Park, #1)
  • Necessary People
  • The Secret Letter
  • The Upside of Falling Down
  • If Only I Could Tell You
  • The Nantucket Inn (Nantucket Beach Plum Cove #1)
  • Rise of the Summerfields (Manor House #3)
  • Trophy Life
  • You Changed My Life
  • I've Got My Eyes on You
  • Blueprints
  • Falling Stars (Kyle Achilles #3)
Patrice Fitzgerald has had many incarnations, including lawyer, writer, publisher, singer, mother, wife, and redhead… though not necessarily in that order.

She has many tales set in the WOOLiverse, and more to come. They include:

The Sky Used to be Blue, Karma #1
Cleaning Up, Karma #2
Deep Justice, Karma #3
Rising Up, Karma #4
Last Walk, Karma #5

SILO SECRETS: Daniel

Be on the lookout for more of