Start by marking “Under the Gun” as Want to Read:
Under the Gun

Under the Gun (Gun #2)

4.04  ·  Rating details ·  224 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
Under the Gun is the long-awaited sequel to the bestselling novel, Gun Shy, continuing the story of St. Paul Police Officers Dez Reilly and Jaylynn Savage. Picking up just a couple weeks after Gun Shy ended, the sequel finds the two officers continuing to adjust to their relationship, but things start to go downhill when they get dispatched to a double homicide - Jaylynn's ...more
Paperback
Published May 1st 2007 by Quest (first published August 28th 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Under the Gun, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Under the Gun

Pippa
Dec 19, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: queer-crime
This is the second book in the Gun series by Lake. It is by far the weakest of the series, and I found myself skipping through much of the tedious anxty stuff by one of the main characters in the second half of the book.

Dez Reilly is a uniformed policewoman with the Saint Paul Police, who is in love with a junior policewoman, Jaylynn Savage. The slow burn of the two of them getting together fills the first book, which has much better pacing and a lot more action than this one.

In this book, Dez
Val
Nov 21, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5. Not quite as good as the first but still a good story. Love these two characters and reading about their ups and downs. This book was a little light in the love scene department. I seem to recall the first one being better in that regard. Of course, I will continue to follow these women in this series.
Erika Crabe
Jan 24, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I spent a good part of this book really pissed off at Dez. She eventually sort of redeemed herself, but not realistically.

Maybe I'm being picky or selfish, but Jay just forgave her way too easily.

I'm sorry, but in real life, if the love of your life just winged out and disappeared with zero contact for a few weeks, you wouldn't just immediately forgive her and accept whatever happened. Yes, she has PTSD and she had to come to terms with that, but it doesn't change that it was still a fucked up,
Kennedy
Sequels are sometimes good and sometimes not. I believe this sequel is good. The relationship established in Gun Shy is articulated in more detail along with family and friends. I enjoy watching the couple handle day-to-day challenges and the attraction they have for each other. Dez and Jay each have much to bring to the relationship and they do a nice job complementing each other. Reading about day-to-day life can be boring but not the case with this sequel.
Margaret L. Hedman
Loved this book.

I loved everything about this book. The struggles that Dez goes thru are painful. But she comes out in a better place. I can't wait to read the next book. Please ask Audible to put the whole series on audio.
Aimee
Dec 31, 2007 rated it liked it
An easy read. Not much depth to the story or the characters, but enough to keep me turning the pages. This book did not set itself apart from other female cop, lesbian stories I have read but it was entertaining. After reading two books in the series I had had enough.
Susan Honthumb
Jul 30, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
Strong characters. Believable plot. can't wait to dig into the third book.
Kim
A decent sequel and still interesting and believable.
Elizabeth Tanner
Jun 05, 2017
Laura Rymer
Apr 12, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • In Pursuit of Justice (Justice, #2)
  • No Strings
  • Conflict of Interest (Portland Police Bureau, #1)
  • Imagining Reality
  • Aftershock (Shaken, #2)
  • Warming Trend
  • Meridio's Daughter
  • Breaking the Ice
Lori L. Lake is the author of ten novels, two books of short stories, and editor of two anthologies. She'll soon have four books available in The Gun Series as well as the next book in The Public Eye Mystery Series. Her crime fiction stories have been featured in "Silence of the Loons," "Once Upon a Crime," and "Women of the Mean Streets. She's had romance stories anthologized in "Best Lesbian Rom ...more
More about Lori L. Lake...

Gun (4 books)
  • Gun Shy (Gun, #1)
  • Have Gun We'll Travel (Gun, #3)
  • Jump the Gun (Gun, #4)