Start by marking “Grey's Lady (Carte Blanche, #1)” as Want to Read:
Grey's Lady (Carte Blanche, #1)

Grey's Lady

(Carte Blanche #1)

Erotica Romance ~ Short Novella 66 pages ~ Prequel to WHITE LACE AND PROMISES.

He fascinated her. She wanted him. She seduced him. She had him. Now she's ready to go her own merry way. But he's determined to possess her, body and soul. What can bring a ruthless, powerful gentleman to his knees?

Erotic Historical Romance Set in Regency Era America.

Seeking sexual excitement an
Published August 8th 2011 by Total-E-Bound

To ask other readers questions about Grey's Lady, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Grey's Lady

Jacqueline
Aug 01, 2015 rated it liked it
I don't know what it is about Sundays recently, but my Sundays seem to have turned into Bodice Ripper Sundays. I only wish that were more alliterative, but it is what it is.

Anyways, this was a decent bodice ripper in which an impossibly rich American chap called Grey fought his attraction for a 'soiled dove' called Beth, because he likes to keep his women separate from his business. Now a soiled dove was new to me, but it seems a soiled dove is a beautiful woman who got her cherry popped by a ca
Ronda  Tutt
FAN-FUCKIN-TASTIC HISTORICAL READ!

YES! YES! YES! Natasha Blackthorne, it is authors like you that make historical reads worth reading. I can think of only one other historical read that I have gave a 5 star rating to and that was Diana Gabaldin. You have captured and implemented the substance that makes the characters come alive and interesting with their emotions leaving the reader excited and feeling the emotions themselves. The story was so exciting that I was totally glued to the page eagerl
SATIN SUE
Oct 08, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Sassy
Jul 07, 2012 rated it really liked it

The Heroine of this story, Beth, appears to be wanton in the seduction and affairs with other men and continues to try her control when she meets up with our Hero, Prince Grey. Grey, is a very sexual, handsome and wealthy man that is confronted by Beth as she continues in her exploits and her seduction. However, at first, Grey is only interested accepting Beth's proposal for a quick fling. This quickly changes and he then proposes that Beth become his Mistress.

My only complaint about this book w
Nikki McCarver
Oct 06, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I’ve always enjoyed historical romance books. A trip into the past is a great escape from the everyday hum drum of modern society. I understand that times were very different back then, but a small detail concerning those beloved novels has often bothered me. Why are the women always virgins? Yes..I’ll agree that probably a good 70 percent of women back then did the right thing and waited for marriage, majority of that percentage being the upper class. But what of our exceptions? Every generatio ...more
Wendi Zwaduk
Aug 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing
She wants a good time. He wants a good time. Then they have each other and sparks not only fly...they scorch everything in sight.

I've said I'm not a big one into historicals. I don't seem to get them. Maybe it's the lingo, maybe it's the clothing. I can honestly say the tide is turning.

I picked up Grey's Lady because I'd read Waltz of Seduction. I like the author's way with words and the depth of the story. Naturally I had to see what else this promising author had in store.

I'm glad I did.

I
Andrea Guy
There is nothing more wonderful than a good erotic historical and Natasha Blackthorne's Grey's Lady really delivers, almost from the first page. Hey, they have to say hello, right!

This is a novella that clocks in at about 65 pages. It was great fun to watch these characters come together. And the sex...well...steamy. I really enjoyed getting to know Beth and Grey. Both were really intriguing characters that you really want to get to know.

It is hard to get good character development in such a sho
Kiru Taye
Aug 26, 2011 rated it really liked it
This is one of those books you can't put down once you start reading it. I read the first chapter online yesterday, got hooked and bought the ebook. I read it in one sitting, barely coming up for air.

The characters just electrify the pages, their emotional rollercoaster so obvious as they struggle to let go of their internal conflicts until the satisfying end. Oh, and the love scenes were sizzling too. I have to say the only peeve I had was that Grey (the hero) seemed to be fully clothed in most
Romazing Reader
Jul 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Fiery passion and intoxicating lust fills each and every page in this captivating and heart warming story! Grey and Beth have instantaneous attraction that can not be quenched with one carriage ride on a stormy day. No, they have a rare, addictive and primal soul to soul connection that could only happen once in a lifetime. Grey sees the effervescent beauty, Beth, boldly seducing him with just one look through her fluttering lashes..it's as if lightening struck him...his heart is completely and ...more
C. Zampa
Feb 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This review is supplied on the behalf of Miz C. Zampa at Miz Love Loves Books.

This was the Zampster’s first plunge back into the world of het erotic romance. And, boy, did I pick a doozie for my first read.

This book was also my first American Regency era novel, set in Philadelphia in 1812.

Immediately, just the period of the short story transported me back to my high school days, those wonderful days when I always found myself immersed in Georgette Heyer
Iza
Feb 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A very good surprise !
I read another story by Natasha Blackthorne, but it was BDSM, though historical and the whole "get down on your knees, eyes down, call me master" yadda yadda yadda is not for me, at all.
I'd bought Grey's lady before I read the other, so I postponed reading it as much as I could, afraid the whole BDSM stuff was going to happen again, but no !
The heroin was completely different from the usual historical romances - low born, knowing what she wanted (sex) and not afraid to get
 Rosebud
For all practical purposes this is a prequel versus any substantive first in series book.

Sets the stage for main characters Beth McConnell & Grey Sexton. Their first meeting and subsequent adult content scene of passion in his carriage.
Rustye
Sep 11, 2011 rated it really liked it
A fun, well-written novella about a US Victorian-era (jeffersonian era) battle of the sexes. Great depth of characters and a hot, sexy story.
AG Reads
Feb 15, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: hr
3 to maybe 3.5 stars.

This was a reread simply because I came across it way down in my book list and couldn't remember a thing about it. It's not bad as an erotic romance, but don't expect much historical accuracy. I do plan to read the next book because I never read past the first one previously.
DKC
Jul 09, 2018 rated it liked it
What is it with so many of the Regencies I pick up nowadays? I keep thinking, "Hm, this would've been more believable if it were set in the Victorian era."

That said, this was an interesting book, and I'm glad I knew it was a "prequel" before I started it, or I would've been puzzled at how swiftly things were wrapped up. But of course, they aren't!

Intensely sexual, so not for the faint of heart where that content is concerned. However, the chemistry and the interest between the two main characte
Elaine
Jun 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very short story, and quite enjoyable. 3.5☆
BJ
Feb 05, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: disliked
Did not grab me, mainly because I didn't like the h or how she lived her life. It is written well, just not to my taste but I tried for a few chapters but it was DNF for me.
Evie
Oct 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
Beth doesn't believe in love, and Joshua is to blame for it. Ever since he shattered her heart and hopes, she made it her mission never ever again let a man fool her.

The way in which she avenges her misfortune is quite shocking. She picks and chooses wealthy, handsome men to seduce, and she succeeds every time. A combination of her beauty, charm, and tricks (no lady would even imagine to entertain) brings all men down to their knees. It is not just what she does to and with them in her seductio
A.L. Norton
Aug 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I didn't think I would enjoy a historical erotic romance book, but I went ahead and gave it a try because this book caught my attention. I absolutely loved it! I look forward to reading some more of this authors books! Beautifully and well written...and without spoiling it...It kept me on the edge of my seat there for a bit. "I was thinking, "Come on already!" Haha! 5 stars all the way!
Miki
Sep 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
This review was first published on my blog Lecture Toute une Aventure
score 3,5/5

Great novella, I really like the writing style of Natasha Blackthorne very dynamic and moving. Now at first I saw this book as an historical romance with an erotic touch but after reading it I think it’s preferable to say it’s a erotic story that takes place in the past like a historical romance^^, small detail but really important one.

The story takes place in America, Philadelphia to be more precise and I liked
Ollie
Dec 30, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: won, fantasy-romance
Grey's Lady is a quick, short read delving into the romance between an a successful entrepreneur and a woman who will not allow herself to fall for any man set in early 19th century New England.

I really enjoyed this book and how Beth refused to allow herself to be a man's pawn and decided to make the man a pawn himself. Instead of following her heart she is following her bodies needs and never allowed herself to go back to the same man twice, making a man beg for her. Never allowing herself to f
Raquel Vega-Grieder
Sep 19, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I grew up on Historical Romances so it was nice to actually get to read one again. Seeing as this book is set in 1812 you can imagine how little freedom woman had in general let alone sexually. Back then men could have mistresses aplenty with no one batting an eye lash but let a woman sleep with more than one man and have that become public knowledge not only would she be disgraced, she would be branded a whore. It was interesting that Grey, while he had more than one mistress, was truly a gentl ...more
(Nat) Reading Romances
Nov 06, 2011 rated it really liked it
Grey’s Lady is a delicious novella full of energy and strong characters. Beth and Grey are the perfect couple, both with a stubborn attitude and fighting for control. They have their disagreements, like every couple, except we don’t know if they are a couple, and not even the characters do. This discussion is brought up since their first encounter and we see fireworks every time they decide not to agree. The sexual tension is in the air from start to finish.

I was unsure about how the plot would
Elizabeth
Sep 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: author-freebies
Review Copy provided by Author
WOW! For such a short little novella this book packs a steamy and emotional punch.
Beth is a young woman who wants what she doesn't think she can have. She also struggles with feelings that she has been told are "unnatural." Her answer to that is to live two lives. The very proper public life sprinkled with liaisons that are decidedly improper. That works for her until one of those liaisons is with Grey.
Grey has had complete control over all aspects of his life unt
Dark Haven
Jan 31, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Grey’s Lady is a ripping historical set during the time when the colonies would soon be fighting their second war with England: the War of 1812. I’ve never been a big fan of regency historicals but I loved this story. Beth McConnell is a complex character. She’s a woman guided by the tenets of the day because she doesn’t want to hurt her family and takes great pains to hide her secret life from them. She’s concerned with being a role model for her nieces and a provider for her family. However, s ...more
MARQUETTA
Nov 07, 2011 rated it liked it
Beth McConnell is a woman who knows what she wants and is not afraid to go after it. When she spies Grey Sexton, she doesn't hesitate to approach him and let him know that she is interested. Grey is first taken aback by Beth's forwardness but quickly gives into the attraction the leads to them to a hot sexy romp in his carriage. Beth has no intention of seeing or sleeping with Grey again but he has other ideas.

Grey's Lady is 65 pages of sexy awesomeness. Grey and Beth have great chemistry and th
Rhonda
Sep 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
WILD WICKED WANTON ROMANCE

Grey’s Lady is part of a series and is a prequel to White Lace and Promises. Natasha Blackthorne is an author I can’t turn away. I await each new release with anticipation. Her talent captures the reader’s attention from the first page and holds it through to the last page.

The chemistry between the hero and heroine sparks from the first meeting. The heroine, Beth McConnel, secretly escapes her everyday life in the afternoon and seduces wealthy gentlemen. When she choo
Evita
Sep 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
I have always had a love for historical romances and once I found out that there were some authors that wrote spicier stories, I was sold. I loved everything about this story, especially how Beth, the heroine, pretty much takes her own path, albeit somewhat secretly and goes after what she wants. And she wants Grey, she asks him for a ride home and he certainly takes her for a ride, in a most delicious way. Grey also finds himself besotted by the lovely Beth.

Can they make a relationship work, af
Jill
I give this story 3 1/2 stars. I had a difficult time relating to the characters. The heroine, Beth, was too multi-faceted and the hero, Grey, was arrogant and single minded. Her erratic behavior was tolerable because there was purity behind all of her whims. She reminded me a a passionate Italian lover that did not apologize for her passion and I found it endearing when it wasn't embarrassing. He, on the other hand, was a self-righteous, pompous control freak. I felt like he was too old for her ...more
A.R. Von
May 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
One of the best historical books I've read yet! Get ready for a hot, steamy, magnetic romance in the pages of Grey's Lady. You will not be able to put it down until you're through :)

Beth works hard with her brother and helps around with her family. She is very devoted to them. She also has dreams to teach piano (she loves to play), but for now she plays a few times a week at a local establishment. Beth also desire's a sexual adventure with no commitment, strings or expectations and finds her con
« previous 1 3 next »

• A Knight of Passion
  • His Treasure (Men of Valor, #1)
  • All She Wants for Christmas is Her Dom (1Night Stand, #60)
  • Marooned with the Millionaire
  • How to Ravish a Rake (How To #3)
  • The Alien King and I
  • Lessons in Indiscretion (The Merry Widows, #1)
  • A Breach of Promise (The Rules of Engagement #1)
  • The Virgin Proxy (Conquerors #2)
  • Kissed
  • My Wicked Gladiators
  • Take the Shot
  • West of Want (Hearts of the Anemoi, #2)
  • Jagger's Moves (SEALs On Fire #4)
  • Waking Up in the Wrong Bed
  • Alien Revealed (The Confederacy Treaty, #1)
  • Ravished by a Viking
  • My Reckless Surrender

Carte Blanche (4 books)
  • White Lace and Promises (Carte Blanche, #2)
  • Alex's Angel (Carte Blanche, #3)
  • Emily's Seduction (Carte Blanche, #4)