Start by marking “The Rancher's Return (Home to Hartley Creek, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Rancher's Return (Home to Hartley Creek, #1)

The Rancher's Return (Home to Hartley Creek #1)

4.08  ·  Rating details ·  102 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
The Rocking K ranch is the only home Carter Beck has ever known. Now, in the wake of family tragedy, he wants to sell it. But how can he do that when his new horse trainer, Emma Minton, sees the ranch as her fresh start? All she wants is a good job and a place to raise her son. As Emma's little boy becomes attached to Carter, he wonders if selling the ranch is really for t ...more
Published August 23rd 2011 by Love Inspired (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Rancher's Return, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Rancher's Return

Linda Bourg
I enjoyed this book, It shows how God can restore the lives of those who are so deep in mourning and bring them hope,joy and love. Even when it looks bleak, we must never forget that God is for us and with us at all times. He will always see us through even in the darkest of storms. He saw Carter through the pain of losing his son, and showed Emma that not all men are alike. Will read the others in this series.
Virginia Brunk
Feb 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book and hope that it is the beginning of a series. It had the right mix of suspense (about where the love story was going) and a great story line. I appreciated the author's note at the end of the book, acknowledging the hardship of writing about a significant loss. I think she handled it very well in the book. Am looking to read more by Carolyne Aarsen.
Cheryl
Apr 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a wonderful story

I have enjoyed all of the stories from Hartley Creek. This one is especially touching. The loss of a loved one is hard. Carter and Emma both have felt loss. But when they let God in and people in their lives change. Good story
Karen
Dec 07, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Carter left the ranch two years ago when his son Harry drowned. Emma and her son Adam have been living there for the past six months. He wants to sell the ranch, she wants to continue working there and live there. Will he grieve his son or run away?
Linnette
Jan 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this story!
Ralynn
Nov 09, 2011 rated it it was amazing
good book with a good story
Christy
Jul 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
Absolutely Adored this book. I can't wait t read abut the cousins!
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Home to Hartley Creek
Karen Kirst
Aug 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
Great read! I really enjoyed Carolyne's writing style. Looking forward to reading the next in this series.
Jessica
Sep 27, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: series
I found this book to be super cheesy for my taste.
Julia Wilson
Jan 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed the book as it was a departure from my norm.
Jacki
Mar 06, 2013 rated it liked it
A very sweet and inspiring story of coming back to the light after darkness and pain have taken over.
Pam Ferguson
Dec 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Emotional and lovely

A very emotionally compelling story. Struggles that we as humans go through when loss occurs. Learning to trust and depend on God of all creation. Wonderful!
Rachel Barr
Sep 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
God never leaves us, it is us that leave Him. He is ALWAYS there for us when we return to Him
Salena
Dec 31, 2012
Beth
Oct 09, 2011
Kimberly Whitaker
Peace in times of trouble

I loved this story, love of a child by a parent, even the path of sorrow after the loss of a child. Reestablishing trust in God after a terrible loss. And being willing to allow healing of one's heart.
Debbie
Jul 15, 2015
Kara
Jul 24, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • The Prodigal's Christmas Reunion (Rocky Mountain Heirs, #6)
  • The Cowboy's Family (The Cowboy Series, #7)
  • The Doctor's Family (Rocky Mountain Heirs, #3)
  • Daddy in the Making (New Friends Street, #2)
  • The Nanny's Homecoming (Rocky Mountain Heirs, #1)
  • A Holiday to Remember
  • A Family for Thanksgiving (After the Storm, #5)
  • Heart of a Cowboy (Steeple Hill Love Inspired)
  • Child of Grace
  • Her Small-Town Hero
  • A Family for Faith
  • A Baby in the Bunkhouse (Made in Texas: Families of the Lone Star State #2)
  • Ready-Made Family (Wings of Refuge, #3)
  • Wyoming Lawman (The Women of Swan's Nest, #2)
  • The Expectant Executive (Dynasties: The Elliotts #11)
Carolyne Aarsen is a blessed to have sincere Christian parents and to be married to a committed Christian husband. But her first love was always fiction. Because of her isolation from any kind of writing group, Carolyne learned to write by trial and error and by taking correspondence courses while she and her husband were raising their four natural children and the numerous foster children that ca ...more
More about Carolyne Aarsen...

Home to Hartley Creek (3 books)
  • Daddy Lessons (Home to Hartley Creek, #2)
  • Healing the Doctor's Heart (Home to Hartley Creek, #3)