Start by marking “Nothing Stays In Vegas (Vegas, #1)” as Want to Read:
Nothing Stays In Vegas (Vegas, #1)

Nothing Stays In Vegas

(Vegas #1)

What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas...except when it doesn't.

Lexi Titan has mastered the art of pretending everything's fine. After all, how else could she ignore the fact that her husband is never home, her son barely knows him and the last time she had sex, well, who can remember?

With her life crumbling, the last thing she wants to do is go on a trip, especially back
Published July 12th 2011 by Ink Blot Communications

To ask other readers questions about Nothing Stays In Vegas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nothing Stays In Vegas

Start your review of Nothing Stays In Vegas (Vegas, #1)
Juliana Philippa
Although this book read more like a chick-lit, it uses a lot of ploys that I strongly dislike in romances: Big Misunderstandings, Things Left Unsaid, unsubstantiated profound love, plot-necessary unprotected sex, and a vying love interest. The misunderstandings were huge and lead two people whose one night fling felt like a meeting of soul mates to nonetheless part ways for the foreseeable future. And I don’t mean to sound like a cynic―I am a romance book addict, I swear―but the
I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com)
With a title like NOTHING STAYS IN VEGAS, you have no doubt figured out that the old adage "what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas" is not necessarily true. In fact, it is very likely that what happens in Vegas will follow you around for the rest of your life...literally.

At 27 years old, Lexi Titan finds herself separated from a husband she once loved and longing for a life she never thought she would want. Lexi and Andrew's story is so sad. I am certain their story is a common one among married
MsRomanticReads

I enjoyed this story a lot despite the predictability of it. Lexi and Andrew agreed that they wouldn't have any children. But where does that leave the marriage when one of them changes their mind and the other won't budge on the subject? That's what really got me and kept me riveted. The dual POVs helped in determining the H/h's mindset throughout the story, which made me bond with them easier and faster.

When we first meet Lexi, she's been separated from her husband for about six months and
Kellie Maddox-Ward
Oct 15, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle-freebies

I picked this up for free on Amazon on the 13/10/2012.
I just wanted a quick chit lit romance.
That's exactly what I got.

Lexi has been dragged to Vegas for her best friend Nicole's birthday.
Lexi has never wanted to go to Vegas but is determined to have a great time and not think of her Husband, Andrew, who she has been separated from for 6 months. She still loves him, they had the perfect marriage until she wanted more. She wanted kids, he didn't so they went there separate ways.
Nicole see's
Anas Attic  Book Blog
Jul 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
Read more of my reviews and ramblings at Ana's Attic Book Blog
Nothing Stays in Vegas by Elena Aitken was a chick-lit romance. It was a very enjoyable read, but nothing made me jump out of my seat to say WOW! I read it in half a day, I didn’t want to put it down; especially the second half, and it brought me to happy tears towards the end.

Lexi is dragged by her best friend Nicole for a weekend in Vegas. Lexie has been separated from her husband for months, and goes without intending to hook up
Cori
Jul 14, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Nothing Stays in Vegas is a wonderful love story and shows how a single night can change your life forever. Five years ago, Lexi spent a weekend in Vegas to celebrate her best friend's birthday. She had been separated from her husband for a few months, but really had no intention of finding a little action of her own. Until she met Leo.

Leo was the handsome guy on the hotel staff who was instantly drawn to her. With little more than an introduction, he made sure that Lexi and her friend had a
Melanie
Feb 17, 2012 rated it liked it
It's hard for me to figure out how I felt about this book. There were many good, promising aspects of it, but also several hard-to-get-past points.

The Good:
- Pretty well-developed, original main characters. Loved Leo (c'mon - who wouldn't?), liked Lexi most of the time, but they were always true to their characters and not your average hero/heroine. Refreshing.
- good balance between original plot twists and standard plot devices. You always knew you were reading a romance, but the author at
Morgan
Oct 06, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2-stars

It was okay. I hate to say this, but I didn’t find anything special about Nothing Stays in Vegas. It was missing something. It was extremely predictable and not very original. There were also a couple times while I was reading and I just lost interest for a little bit. I think this story could have used a touch of humor, spice or some more interesting characters.

The characters are likeable, but they aren’t
Dianne
Feb 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars. What a sweet, sweet story. I really like it! But I do wish it had more to storyline, sometimes I felt that there wasn't enough happening in the story and then sometimes it all happened too fast. I wish we could have gotten to see more of a HEA, instead of a get together as quick as possible before the story ends. However, Nothing Stays in Vegas was still a very enjoyable story. :)
Alicia
Apr 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I really liked this book. My only criticism would be the gap of time after the pregnancy to going back to Vegas.
Rita Kunselman
Sep 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved the book! Who can’t love Vegas and all that’s going on! Lexi & Leo were the perfect pair and Elena writes her characters with a lot of love! It makes you feel as though you went to Vegas!i would definitely recommend this book!
Mette
Sep 10, 2019 rated it liked it
This surprised me a little, in a good way. I wish I had an uncle Ray... So kind and sweet.
Cary Morton
Jan 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-own
Nothing Stays In Vegas by Elena Aitken is a delicious contemporary romance filled with brazen attraction, misunderstandings, and the gaudy lights of Las Vegas. The story is both sexy, heartwarming, and filled with spunk. I loved the characters, the clear, fast-paced narrative, and the heart-wrenching romance.

On the technical side of things, there were very few typos or editing errors, and the few that I spotted were not enough to detract from the story. If you like contemporary romances with a
Beth-ann Mason
Oct 16, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: 17+ women
Recommended to Beth-ann by: Elena Aitkens
Shelves: loved, chick-lit
Initially, the writing style threw me a bit. Very few authors can pull off a first-person voice and do it well, let alone be able to shift points of views between characters and still keep the readers on the right page. Ms. Aitken did this with amazing fluidity. I’ll admit the first time she shifted perspectives I thought, “Whoa, wait… backup.” But then I got into her rhythm and it just fit together beautifully.

I will note that I had to open a new box of tissues after finishing my first one
Heather in FL
This was a great story and I really enjoyed it. Nicole has dragged Lexi to Vegas for Nicole's birthday. Lexi is six months separate from her husband. They've separated because while Lexi initially didn't want children, a potential pregnancy scare made her really think about it and she got the baby bug. Her husband did not. At all. She's not really a party girl, doesn't "do" Vegas, but Nicole is her best friend, so she's there. Right away, in a humorous way, she meets Leo, who works for the ...more
Brenda
Apr 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
I'm sorry I can't put the kind of review on this book that I do usually. I was away and read several beore I could get to my computer again. I do remember very much enjoying this book and would recommend it to anyone looking for some light romance reading that you can fly through pretty quickly because it holds your interest from the beginning.
Here is the info on good reads:
Cassie
Oct 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2012
It's been a while since I've read a book in a day and I can't quite put my finger on what it is that captivated me with this one ~ but I just devoured it.

Five years ago Lexi and her best friend went to Las Vegas to celebrate her friends birthday and Lexi ends up having a wonderful evening with Leo, a man that she hardly knows but with whom she appears to have a connection.

I loved the main characters, how the author managed to switch between Lexi and Leo (which not many authors manage half as
Katherine Owen
Jul 22, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Nothing Stays In Vegas is an enjoyable contemporary romance that will keep you entertained for a pleasant afternoon of reading. I enjoyed the dual points of view (told in first person) with Lexi and Leo. The story is a poignant one in showing how both the main characters struggle to do the right thing and Ms. Aitken does a thorough job in developing the secondary characters of Lexi's best friend, Nicole, and even Andrew.

I loved the contrast in lifestyle choices between the fast life of Vegas
Natalie
Jul 13, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This is a great read for any time of the year, it had me gripped to the end.

I immediately felt empathy with the main character, Lexi, who is a warm and loyal,amusing, yet self-conscious and self-effacing. She had me on her side from the start!

The first person narrative (narrated by both Lexi and the other main character, Leo)enhances this story, making it feel more personal than many other books of this genre. The other characters too, such as Lexi's best friend and her Uncle, are believable
Pam
Oct 14, 2012 rated it really liked it

I enjoyed this book. The main character Lexi was likable and I enjoyed the friendship between she and her best friend Nicole. Her husband Andrew was supposedly a good man but I never liked him. He was too self absorbed and really only wanted,work and Lexi in his life. Lexi's Uncle who raised her and then was a big part of her son Ben's life tried to tell her to leave Andrew but she wouldn't listen until their final talk. Leo fell hard for Lexi but the same as Andrew he let work cause the
Lisa Langdale
Sep 01, 2011 rated it really liked it
This was such a beautiful story. It's not your typical "party girl goes to Vegas and has a fling that she regrets". It's about a strong, responsible woman who meets an amazing man while on a girls weekend to Vegas. Elena is a very talented story teller. I was drawn into this story instantly. The characters were developed amazingly well and were so fun to read about. I highly recommend this book if you're into romance. I also wouldn't complain if there was a sequel!
(The four stars is only
Tammy DeStefano
Jun 25, 2012 rated it liked it
This was a nice light read. You run through all the emotions while reading this (happiness, sadness, love, hate, etc). I found the main character, Lexi was easy to relate to and could feel her pain and joy. The characters each have their demons and it's how they interconnect that draws me to the book.

It was sometimes confusing at first to know which point of view the chapter was from, since the author uses the first person of two different characters.

I would recommend this book to friends.
Amanda Sauer
Jun 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Maybe I was just in the mood for a good romantic, looking for the happy ever after, book....I loved that first person narrative that switched back and forth between the two main characters (not all authors do this well) the characters are so well developed that you feel like you know them and I could not put it down. it has been a long time since I stayed up just to finish a book....I mean really late, it was that good! I downloaded it when it was free on the kindle, but I will be reading more ...more
Purple Iris
May 15, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
Could have been so much better than it was. The shifting point of view was not consistent or regular, so was just annoying when it happened. Some things defied belief like best friends not telling each other about major things happening in their lives when they actually happen. These are friends who see and talk to each other often, so it seemed weird. Also, the thing with the guy not chosen at the end seemed like a cop-out, a way to wrap up the story with the chosen guy without making the ...more
Amy
Nov 25, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: have-on-kindle
I liked the premise of Nothing Stays in Vegas & thought Aitken did a good job of keeping the reader interested throughout the story. MC Lexi was likable & her conflict was relatable and heartbreaking. I only wish Leo's character was flushed out a little more. Even though the story was told in alternating POV, I didn't feel a sense of understanding in Leo's motivations & emotions at some parts of the story.
All in all an enjoyable read by an author I plan to watch for future releases.
Jenny Scearse
Jun 09, 2012 rated it liked it
I'm not a Romance Novel type of person so i didn't really want to read this but a friend talked me into it....and I'm glad i did. It read more like a Chic lit which is probably why i enjoyed it. I had never read a book where the writer changes points of view between the characters so that threw me off for a minute... But after that i kind of enjoyed it...always knowing what each character was thinking and feeling. This book has made me want to give this Genre a second chance!
Faye
Dec 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
This story has a nice flow. Lexi has a so/so marriage. During a weekend in Vegas with her best friend she meets Leo. The connection is fantastic. Eventually the two reunite and all is good. The story progresses nicely.
A good read for a weekend. This is a book I did not really expect to care for, but I was wrong.
Vicki Johnson
Jun 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
Got this book for FREE on Kindle. So figured why not? Lexi and Nicole are on a girl's weekend in Vegas. Lexi has been separated from her husband Andrew for six months, and doubts their differences about having children will ever change. So when she meets Leo, the passion heats up. Could Leo be the real thing she's been looking for ..
Sara
Oct 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this adult romance. I don't read many of them, and I found this one to be very well written, and touched my heart. I found myself cheering for Lexi and Leo from the beginning. I did feel like I knew where the story was going, but Elena managed to throw in a few twists I didn't see. Glad I took a chance on this one!
Tamm Frederick
Jun 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
Shelves: nook-books
What is it with me and crying at the last 1/4th of a book? This was a fast read that made me loathe the husband and love the fling which I knew it would. The best friend - a trip and I wish I had one just like her. Heck, maybe I do, but I'm too much of a hermit to realize it. I recommend to all my friends!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Just the Way You Are
  • Mr. Imperfect (Lost Boys #1)
  • Love With An Imperfect Cowboy (Lone Star Dynasty, #1)
  • Taming The Texas Cowboy (Forever Texan, #1)
  • A Touch of Cinnamon (Three Sisters Catering, #2)
  • Tumble Into Love (Diamond Creek, Alaska #5)
  • Stranded on the Beach (Holiday Acres, #1)
  • Heather (Hart Land Book 1)
  • First Instinct (Hammond Brothers, #1)
  • Falling for You (Pearl Island Trilogy, #1)
  • Second Chance Cowboy (Road to Romance, #2)
  • A Christmas Wish (Sapphire Bay, #3)
  • The Princess and the Pizza Man (Frostville, #1)
  • Picture Perfect Lie (Kings of Castle Beach, #1)
  • Nothing But Trouble (Irresistible Billionaires #1)
  • The Marriage Pledge (Veils and Vows, #5)
  • Love Me, Cowgirl (The Gallaghers of Montana #2; The 78th Copper Mountain Rodeo #4)
  • Getting Lei'd (Escape #1)
Elena Aitken is a USA Today Bestselling Author of more than forty romance and women’s fiction novels. Living a stone’s throw from the Rocky Mountains with her teenager twins, their two cats and a goofy rescue dog, Elena escapes into the mountains whenever life allows. She can often be found with her toes in the lake and a glass of wine in her hand, dreaming up her next book and working on her own ...more

Vegas (2 books)
  • Return to Vegas (Vegas, #2)
“wearing a too-short skirt and a too-tight top? Judging by what some of the other ladies were wearing, no. I tugged at my skirt in a vain attempt to pull it closer to my knees. Preferably over them. Nicole was late, as usual; it would take at least twenty minutes to go back to” 0 likes