Start by marking “The Bridal Strain: Emily and Colin’s Wedding (Lady Emily, #3.5)” as Want to Read:
The Bridal Strain: Emily and Colin’s Wedding (Lady Emily, #3.5)

The Bridal Strain: Emily and Colin’s Wedding

(Lady Emily #3.5)

Lady Emily Ashton accepted Colin Hargreaves's proposal only after a significant amount of wooing, but what rational woman would refuse a man who deeds to her all the books in his library?

After a harrowing investigation in Vienna, they have arrived at Emily's villa on the Greek island of Santorini, and the time, at last, has come for them to marry.

THE BRIDAL STRAIN is a thr
ebook
Published 2009 by She Loves Hot Reads

Kris - My Novelesque Life
RATING: 3.5 STARS

Get a taste of Tears of Pearl with this exclusive prequel short story. (Full text available at SheLovesHotReads.com.

If you are a fan of Emily and Colin you will not want to miss this short story as this is the only place where you will read about the wedding.
Anna
short story ... this would have worked better as either the epilogue or the prologue to the next book rather than a stand alone work
Melissa
Sep 13, 2013 rated it liked it
Very sweet. Not quite up the usual level of Lady Emily writing, but since we missed out on their wedding in the actual novels it was a nice addition to their romance.
Cara
May 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
I liked it, but I think it is really too short to be a separate book. Only 6 pages. Should have been an epilogue to book 3.
Kim
Dec 31, 2011 rated it really liked it
Excellent in-between!
Stefany
Jun 01, 2012 rated it it was ok
This is a short story found here: http://www.heroesandheartbreakers.com...

Terrible writing. I felt as though it wasn't even the same author. It did fill in the gap left by jumping from the proposal to the honeymoon, though.
Susan Pola Staples
Nov 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
It was a totally enjoyable read. Th e only thing it was too short. They married at her Greek villa on Santorini. A planned elopement to avoid a society wedding, possibly at Windsor.
Elizabeth (Miss Eliza)
*Special Content only on my blog, Strange and Random Happenstance during Alexander Autumn (October-November 2018)

After much temptation, much heartache, and much delay, Colin has decided that he can no longer wait to be married to Emily, his future mother-in-law and Queen Victoria be damned. So drenched to the bone high above the caldera on Santorini he proposes that he and Emily be married that very night and Emily agrees. Though Emily is swept away by the romantic gesture, not thinking of the p
Lori McD
So happy that Ms. Alexander gave us this treat! I was so disappointed that we weren't able to attend Emily and Colin's wedding... until this marvelous in-between surfaced!

Colin Hargreaves is such a romantic! And he truly adores Emily. The care he took to arrange a wedding in Greece - daring to brave Her Majesty's and Emily's mother's wrath - took my breath away. It truly put to rest any fears I (or Emily) might have had that Colin would continue to grieve the countess or harbor wistful memories
Chrissy
Jan 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a fun and fluffy interlude story dealing with, well, Emily and Colin's wedding (exactly what it says on the tin). Not much meat to it - not even really a mystery - but it's meant to be a light break before the next book has Our Intrepid Heroine rushing off to solve the next big murder and scandalizing society (read: her mother) while she does it. Sometimes, you need a palate cleanser when you're binge-reading through these big book series and this short story does that quite nicely. It ...more
Betty Strohecker
This is a beautiful story of Emily's and Colin's wedding, told with heartfelt insight into this couple's great love for each other. Emily and Colin have finally tied the knot in Santorini, the place they both love, after their previous huge wedding was thwarted by a devious man.

Although a very short selection, I still rated it 4 stars because of Alexander's amazing writing style and portrayal of these characters. I look forward to the next installment in the series as Colin and Emily continue th
Nora Carroll
Aug 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A fun bit of extra story to add to this long-running favorite series, Alexander takes us to Emily and Colin's romantic wedding on Santorini! Kudos to the author for making this sweet short story available to those who can't get enough of this duo. I'm a bit puzzled as to those who complain that the story is too short or that they are not sure where it falls in the series-- as it is clearly labeled on the story's Amazon page. "THE BRIDAL STRAIN is a three thousand word short story in the bestsell ...more
Sandy Cox
Jul 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
So I just stumbled accross this short story and I had to share it with you.

For those you, dear readers, who disappointed that you did not get to attend the wedding of Lady Emily Ashton and Colin Hagreaves, you don't have to wait any longer! Tasha Alexander published this charming little short story about private celebration in Santorini, Greece.

It is as sweet and charming as one would expect a Lady Ashton story to be and one reviewer stated, "...if you haven't fallen in love with Colin by this
Sophia
Jan 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
This short story shares what happened between the events of A Fatal Waltz and Tears of a Pearl capturing the scene when Colin comes to Emily and they get married in an impromtu style.

I loved all the loving care Colin demonstrated to show Emily that he was over what happened before and ready to embark on something new with her. His wedding preparations were just beautiful and I was excited with the sudden appearance of their surprise guest who was one of their witnesses.

It was a lovely installmen
Nicole
Jul 30, 2018 rated it liked it
Not worth the buy! It's a romantic but very short story of how Emily and Colin's wedding came about, it's really only a chapter long, not exactly worth the $1 and you're not missing anything detrimental to the story. If you want a few seconds of cuteness then by all means spend the $1. The authors extra little notes on writing and her research for the next book "Tears of Pearl" are interesting tidbits thrown in. Definitely all would have been better if these were just added to the publication of ...more
Carrie
Jun 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A day without champagne is a mistake.

Lady Emily’s dear friend Cecile offered those words about champagne moments before the wedding of two of my favorite fictional characters. The marriage of Colin and Emily is known to readers of Tasha Alexander’s Lady Emily series but until this delightful story we never knew exactly how it al happened. I was extremely happy to finally learn the details and smiled at every turn as the two became one. It was perfect in every way.
Brett
Dec 13, 2011 rated it really liked it
A great read that fills the gap perfectly between the two books. Love that we get a little peak into the actual wedding. I have to admit that I felt a little loss that when Tears of Pearls starts the are married already. Following Emaily through to this point, the reader wants to be part of her wedding day. And now you can be!
Melissa Monette
I finally got around to reading this! HURRAY!
I'm glad to know how they got married. A few people have said that the writing was terrible, but personally, I don't agree. I was meant to be fun and help us undersand what heppened between books. I loved the vase gift, but all I can keep thiking now is "can Colin do ANYTHING wrong..." HAHA!
Kathy Randol
The wedding was maybe 8 pages at most. The rest of the book was the author sharing her research and traveling to Istanbul. All and all, it’s an okay read. Honestly, it would of been a lot better if it was more of Emily and Colin’s wedding. I would of enjoyed hearing how they meet, fell in love, how Colin proposed to Emily (I’m certain it was a grand affair, with no stone unturned!!💜💗
Rsquared
Jul 14, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Bait and switch. The author took advantage of her Lady Emily fans by positioning this as a novella about Emily’s and Colin’s wedding, when, in reality, it was a treatise about herself and her writing experiences. All in all, it was a sneaky way to make a quick buck off of her dedicated fans. Very disappointing.
Lynne
Oct 13, 2018 rated it liked it
I generally love all of the Lady Emily books and Tasha Alexander's writing but this was just a bit flat. It wasn't even long enough to be a novella. And even though it was a charming interlude for Emily and Colin it wasn't even substantial enough to be a long chapter from a book. Pleasant reading but not much to it.
Kristen
A short story in the Lady Emily series.

We get to attend Colin and Emily's wedding. This is short but sweet, and a lovely if brief addition to the series.

All the things we love about Lady Emily are here, and the terribly romantic Greek wedding the lovers sneak off to have is a charming and delightful interlude in the series.

I enjoyed this.
Donna
Dec 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fascinating

Tasha Alexander writes about people and places of history that have always fascinated me. She has a wonderful ability to take you where your imagination is set free. I totally lose myself in her books and actually feel I am there with Lady Emily and Colin. As a satisfied reader i couldn't ask for more.
Margaret
Oct 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was excited, after reading book 4 in the series, to find this short story that covers Emily and Colin's wedding. I had been disappointed when the books went from engagement to honeymoon. A quick read, but it satisfied the need for more details.
Deena
May 26, 2012 rated it liked it
An accidental discovery whilest trying to find info on the next title in the Lady Emily series (which I did find here on GoodReads although not on Ms. Alexander's own website). Very glad to have read this in-between!
Miranda
Sep 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cheers to the happy couple.

Great little addition to the series! So glad to see them finally married! Would love to have seen more from the wedding night but I’m true fashion it was simply delicately alluded to.
Jess
Mar 10, 2014 rated it did not like it
Short and really not up to the author's usual quality of writing. The characters are cheap copies of their usual selves and I did not feel any kind of emotion reading this supposedly romantic short story. I'll just probably better forget about it and concentrate on the main series.
Nikki
Nov 11, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyable way to spend a few minutes catching up on the lives of the series characters with no mystery, just personal stuff. It did not actually take me a month to read - I bought it on Kindle and opened it but closed right away when I realized I needed to read A Fatal Waltz first.
Joan
Aug 09, 2012 rated it liked it
This wasn't too bad for a short story. Gives you more insight for the relationship that they have and gives a hint as to how the marriage with develope for each of them. Liked that certain pieces were put into place. A good read for those who are following Emily.
Househippo
Jun 17, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: mystery, historical
I don't understand these between-the-numbers series entries. They read like fanfic. I don't get it.
« previous 1 3 next »

• From Across the Ancient Waters (The Green Hills of Snowdonia, #1)
  • Silent Night (Lady Julia Grey, #5.5)
  • India Black and the Rajah's Ruby (Madam of Espionage, #0.5)
  • Away in a Manger: A Very Turnip Wedding Night
  • The Sudbury School Murders (Captain Lacey, #4)
  • A Pressing Engagement (Lady Darby Mystery, #4.5)
  • Lovers and Ladies (Lovers and Ladies, #5&6)
  • Masked Ball at Broxley Manor (Her Royal Spyness Mysteries, #0.5)
  • A Christmas for Carrie (Feeling the Heat, #2.5)
  • Wild Heather (English Ivy, #2)
  • Miss Darcy Falls in Love
  • The Hellfire Conspiracy (Barker & Llewelyn, #4)
  • Christmas Miracles
The daughter of two philosophy professors, I grew up surrounded by books. I was convinced from an early age that I was born in the wrong century and spent much of my childhood under the dining room table pretending it was a covered wagon. Even there, I was never without a book in hand and loved reading and history more than anything. I studied English Literature and Medieval History at the Univers ...more

Lady Emily (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • And Only to Deceive (Lady Emily, #1)
  • A Poisoned Season (Lady Emily, #2)
  • A Fatal Waltz (Lady Emily, #3)
  • Tears of Pearl (Lady Emily, #4)
  • Dangerous to Know (Lady Emily, #5)
  • A Crimson Warning (Lady Emily, #6)
  • Death in the Floating City (Lady Emily, #7)
  • Behind the Shattered Glass (Lady Emily, #8)
  • The Counterfeit Heiress (Lady Emily, #9)
  • The Adventuress (Lady Emily, #10)