Start by marking “S.A.S.S. Yourself Slim: Conquer Cravings, Drop Pounds, and Lose Inches” as Want to Read:
S.A.S.S. Yourself Slim: Conquer Cravings, Drop Pounds, and Lose Inches

S.A.S.S. Yourself Slim: Conquer Cravings, Drop Pounds, and Lose Inches

Flat Belly Diet co-author Cynthia Sass delivers a tried-and-tested weight-loss program that helps you end overeating and still feel full and satisfied—while enjoying the best, tastiest food combinations that burn fat and boost metabolism. Originally published in hardcover as the New York Times bestselling Cinch!: Conquer Cravings, Drop Pounds, and Lose Inches, this cookboo ...more
Published March 20th 2012 by HarperOne (first published January 3rd 2012)

To ask other readers questions about S.A.S.S. Yourself Slim, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about S.A.S.S. Yourself Slim

Start your review of S.A.S.S. Yourself Slim: Conquer Cravings, Drop Pounds, and Lose Inches
Maryn
Apr 29, 2020 rated it liked it
I could have done without the personal anecdotes from strangers who were successful, but the advice is very clear cut and easy to follow. I also felt like most of the last chapter was simply a repeat of information that had already been covered earlier in the book.
Judy
Jan 03, 2017 rated it liked it
This book has some good tips, ideas and guidelines to follow. From the same author the developed Flat Belly Diet. Reminds me what I should be eating: real food.
Audrey
May 14, 2015 rated it liked it
So I actually finished reading this book a few weeks ago, but wanted to wait until I'd finished the 30 day plan to review it. My boyfriend & I followed the plan after his friends did it and recommended it to us.

My personal results: as a 5'6" woman who started at 144 lbs, I lost about 5 lbs by the end of the 30 days. Which is nothing to sneeze at, considering it's taken me upwards of two years to lose 30 lbs. Comparably, 5 lbs in a month is a good rate for me.

The real content of the book is stra
Maxan Russell
Feb 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting Facts about the food we eat.

I thought this book covered so many aspects of what the different types of food do to our bodies. This made for even more interesting reading. The variations on the meal plans are really encouraging. You really have no excuse to not stick to the plan and the food really tastes not only good but is satisfying too!! The pounds really do start to come off. I would highly recommend this to anyone wanting to change their eating choices for more healthy ones fo
Hannah
May 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I really loved this book! Its not only filled with how to do Sass's 30 day plan, but also contains tons of tips on nutrition in general. I think that was my favorite part about this book. I also really loved how the book didn't just say "eat this" or "don't eat that" but it actually explained pretty in depth on why you shouldn't eat certain things, or why certain things are not included in the diet.
I also liked how you can vary the diet from person to person, that makes it much more open for any
Kristin (Kritters Ramblings)
A little different when it comes to Kritters reviews. I don't always get books that are nonfiction or are self helpish. I have read this from cover to cover like I would do any other book, but I have failed in that I wanted to complete the 5 day Fast Forward before I reviewed and many other things in life got put ahead, so I stand now to vow that I will do review part 2 after the 5 day Fast Forward is complete and the results are in!

Back to the review - I loved the combination of cold hard facts
Lana
Jan 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
I don't like to "go on diets" but I do try to eat healthy. There are tons of diet/nutrition books available all basically describing the things we know we should be doing and just don't! This book was fun because she provides a great overall format to follow for healthy eating and includes the idea of using spices to flavor your food and even recommends a little chocolate every day! Who can go wrong with that?! :)
Aug 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
I have been following her eating program for a couple months now and I really like it. I think the title is corny, but the program is good. I don't follow it perfectly, who can follow any diet perfectly? Every single recipe I have tried is delicious, even approved by my husband and children. She has given me many new ideas when putting meals together and I have some new favorites.
Amy
May 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Very interesting information and a nice selection of recipes.
Karin
Aug 09, 2012 added it
Not so great
Cheryl
Jun 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Great easy Recipes my whole family likes. Not really a diet. But a way of eating
Beth Trapani
May 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Program worked really well for me!
Jul 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
Hokey name, but there's some great recipes in here.
Rhoda Cooper

• The Weight of Silence
  • These Things Hidden
  • The Last Mrs. Parrish
  • How to Be Parisian Wherever You Are: Love, Style, and Bad Habits
  • Parisian Charm School: French Secrets for Cultivating Love, Joy, and That Certain Je Ne Sais Quoi
  • The Bonne Femme Cookbook: Simple, Splendid Food That French Women Cook Every Day
  • Stranger in the Lake
Cynthia Sass is one of the first registered dietitians to become Board Certified as a Specialist in Sports Dietetics (CSSD). She is the nutrition consultant to the New York Rangers and the Tampa Bay Rays, was the sports nutritionist for the Philadelphia Phillies from 2007–2009, and counsels professional athletes in numerous sports. Cynthia is the nutritionist behind and coauthor of the #1 New York ...more

News & Interviews