Start by marking “Oma koti kullan kallis (Chi's Sweet Home, #2)” as Want to Read:
Oma koti kullan kallis (Chi's Sweet Home, #2)

Oma koti kullan kallis (Chi's Sweet Home / チーズスイートホーム #2)

4.32  ·  Rating details ·  2,099 Ratings  ·  131 Reviews
Kissanpentu eksyy emostaan ja löytää uuden kodin Yamadan perheen luota. Tästä alkaa kommelluksien täyttämä yhteiselo, jossa joutuvat koetukselle sekä kissan että ihmisten kärsivällisyys - ja erityisesti lukijan nauruhermot!

Chi's Sweet Home - Oma koti kullan kallis on herttaisenhulvaton sarjakuva, joka valottaa kissanelämää niin lemmikin itsensä kuin ihmisenkin näkökulmasta
Published May 2011 by Sangatsu Manga (first published August 23rd 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Oma koti kullan kallis, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Oma koti kullan kallis

Nickyjen
Sep 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just adorable! I highly recommend you reading it while you're waiting at the doctor or somewhere else.
Because it's fast paced and also super cute.
Oh and don't try to read everything they say or Chi says, it's kind of a baby language and I can't stand it at all so I just looked at the images :)
I love the drawings, they're so colourful and fun.
Nicola Mansfield
Aug 03, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
June 2011:

An adorable series! And another adorable entry. I didn't find volume 2 quite as hilarious as the first but it was still funny and just as cute. Cute little chapters in which the family is getting used to raising a pet and other's where Chi is exploring and learning about life. He no longer misses his mother and siblings but he does have a couple of flashbacks of things that remind him of that comforting time. While there is no real overarching plot to this volume there is the hanging
Michael Schmid
Jul 22, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Zum Inhalt | 本文 |

Mehr und mehr gewöhne ich mich an meine neue Familie. Papa ist immer so lieb zu mir und Mama kauft mir leckere Sachen und Yohei spielt mit mir. Aber da ist plötzlich noch so ein komisches, großes, dickes Etwas in unserem Garten und dann will mich Papa auch noch einmal zu diesem Folterer bringen …

Aber Chi will das nicht!

Meine Meinung | 私議 |

Der zweite Band schließt wirklich nahtlos an den ersten Band an und man verliebt sich sofort wieder in die süßen, bezaubernden Bilder, welche
Kate
Sep 06, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-comic
Chi's Sweet Home Vol 1- 5 by Kanata Konami.
Children's Comic

Chi is a mischievous newborn kitten who, while on a leisurely stroll with her family, finds herself lost. Separated from the warmth and protection of her mother, feels distraught. Overcome with loneliness she breaks into tears in a large urban park meadow., when she is suddenly rescued by a young boy named Yohei and his mother. The kitty is then quickly and quietly whisked away into the warm and inviting Yamada family apartment...where p
Sara
There's a big scary black cat, Chi doesn't want to go to the vet again, and more. Kanata Konami must literally spend her entire life sitting and staring at cats when she's not drawing/writing, because this is probably the most accurate portrayal of kitten-ness I've ever seen. More more more!
Regina
Dec 31, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Chi ist so süß *-*
Shan
Oct 19, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed the comics between Chi and the older cat teaching her! Too cute!
Erin L
Nov 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
These books are fun little breaks from heavier reading. Read it in one evening after listening to an audiobook about rabies.

It made me laugh out loud and wish I had cats again.
Mackenzie
Jun 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love reading about this cute little kitten and its human family :)
Very adorable!
Claudia
Apr 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thought this book was really cute and adorable. This book is also relatable because when Chi met a big black cat he just came and strolled in her neighborhood and Chi was trying to chase him away herself. I thought that the pictures are so detailed and it was great how it was drawn. Chi's expressions were just soooo cute and I couldn't stop myself from saying "awwwwwe" every time I saw Chi's cute expressions and cute ways of doing things.
Shelley

Summary:
Chi is at it again, having adventures and getting into trouble! In this volume we see Chi becoming more comfortable with her human companions. But what will Chi do when a new cat comes into the apartment complex? Everyone's attention is on this new big and tough looking gray cat who has damaged property and is stealing fish. As Chi tries to defend her home from this intruder, she will soon find out whether this other feline is friend or foe.

My thoughts:
Just like the first volume, this
Katie
Oct 09, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This darling manga is currently my go-to brain cleaner. A book disappoints you? Humanity disgusts you? Behold the kitten of unlimited expressions and watch your worries fade away. (Tell me Chi's gustatory encounter with a head of lettuce doesn't melt your heart, and I say you have no heart!)

In volume 2 Chi tries new food and endures fresh trauma at the bathtub and the vet. Her feline attitude is developing nicely, the way she alternately vies for attention from the Yamadas or gives them the cold
SIMON Karine
Mar 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
J’ai décidé de regrouper ces trois mangas en un seul billet, pour ne pas faire de redite.

Dans ces tomes, nous retrouvons notre adorable petite Chi, toujours aussi marrante, et attachante.

J’ai pris autant de plaisir à lire ces aventures, sans éprouver de lassitude. Ma fille en a fait de même, elle est complètement accro et me demande à grand renfort de sourires, d’acheter la suite.

Nous avons donc succomber, pour notre plus grand plaisir, à la malicieuse Chi.

Ici, nous rencontrons de nouveaux perso
Amy
May 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Amy by: Pam
Ok, first off, *I* would not consider Chi's Sweet Home, Volume 2 to be a five star book. It's cute, but I liked Volume 1 better. I didn't think that this one was as touching, funny, or sweet as the first volume. On the other hand, it was good to see Chi's world expand here, and there was a slight reduction in Chi's "baby talk," which I did appreciate!

My eight year old niece thought that this volume was funnier than the first, however, and at several points she was laughing out loud. The five sta
Nathalie
Dec 03, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lecture commune avec ma Pestouille n*2, ce fut surtout une occasion d'échanger nos avis qui au final, malgré les 30 ans qui nous séparent (aïe, ça fait mal rien que de l'écrire), sont très proches. On a passé un bien agréable moment.

Contrairement aux Manga classiques, la série/saga Chi est en couleurs. Elle s'adresse en priorité à un public plutôt jeune qui apprécie les pages colorées car plus attractives, mais ce qui fait que l'on devient fan de la petite boule de poils qu'est Chi, c'est sa bo
Jen
This edition continues the story of Chi and the Yamada family. While Chi is trying to learn to be a cat, the Yamadas continue to hide Chi from the super as they are not allowed to have pets. When word of cat being seen in the apartments the Yamadas have a panic as they think people are talking about Chi. Fortunately they are talking about a stray black cat and likes to steal food, including Chi's!! While the black cat is annoying it also teaches Chi a few things about being a real cat and not a ...more
Sara
Jul 03, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, humor, japan, cultural
Even cuter and funnier than the first volume. There's more of that vet humor action, and Chi has a big, scary cat invade his house but he sort of ends up being Chi's mentor in The Way of the Cat.
Melanie
Mar 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just as cute as the first book in the series, Chi's Sweet Home Volume 2 left me wanting to adopt a kitten. Honestly. Can't wait to read Volume 3.
Penny
Dec 02, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Super cute :)
Tara
Aug 09, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not as good as Volume 1
Cathy
Jan 03, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Apres le tome 1, le tome 2 ! un petit livre sans prétention, drôle surtout quand on est propriétaire d'un chat, détente assurée ! envie de lire toute la série
Kricket
Nov 15, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, kitties, 2012
more adorable cartoon cats talking in weird voices.
Ang
In Volume 2, Chi is starting to grow up a little and explore! She's getting away from kitten milk and starting to eat kitty kibble, she's also exploring other things to eat and not eat. She still really hates and fears water and baths. She also encountered the large black cat that's been terrorizing the neighborhood that Chi and the Yamada's live in. At first Chi was scared of the large black cat, but after awhile she started to follow him and talk to him. The large black cat told Chi she was a ...more
Honesty
For most manga, the second volume is where the wheels come off, usually because of nudity and/or awkward bathtub scenes. (Honestly, is that a thing in manga?) While this story has a chapter taking place in a bathtub, it is a tastefully rendered childhood scene involving a kitten's mishap with floaty toys.

Unlike most manga, Chi's Sweet Home is both squeaky-clean and super-cute. It just seems to get better with each installment.
Amanda
Just a head's up for some caregiver's out there: the Dad uses the word "pissed" on p. 92 in the 2016 edition, which may or may not be a problem for you. *sigh*

Love the new cast of characters! The intrigue grows--will Chi be reunited with her family? Is the new kitty at the Park, Chi's brother? Duh duh dum....
Monique
Sep 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you want just something cute to read this series is it. The art is amazing and its just fun to follow a kitten around learning the world. I also laughed hard at the very end with the special chapter of Meet FukuFuku, the description and drawing is exactly like my current cat Jasmine.
Halee Rhoades
Sep 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this book is adorable and funny at the same time. I really like it and i hope the rest are great too!! i hope other people enjoy this book as much as i did.
Renata Broock
Sep 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
nhoin
Natalie
Sep 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm the human version of Chi :p
TheLibraryOfSarah
Cute, but that can only take you so far. I was pretty bored reading this. Chi's high energy also made it exhausting to read.
  • Yotsuba&!, Vol. 05 (Yotsuba&! #5)
  • Bunny Drop, Vol. 4
  • Neko Ramen: Hey! Order Up!
  • Twin Spica, Volume: 02
  • A Bride's Story, Vol. 3 (A Bride's Story, #3)
  • Owly, Vol. 2: Just a Little Blue (Owly, #2)
Konami Kanata (jp. こなみ かなた, Kanata Konami; born 3 July 1958, Nagano) is a Japanese cartoonist best known for her cat characters Chi's Sweet Home.
Her works revolves around the daily life of house cats.

She went to Futaba-Kōtō Academy in Suwa, Nagano Perfecture. Her first published manga as a profesional manga-ka was the short story Puchi Neko Jamu Jamu in Nakayoshi Manga Magazine in 1982. The magazi
More about Kanata Konami...

Chi's Sweet Home / チーズスイートホーム (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Chi's Sweet Home, Volume 1