Start by marking “Crystal Gardens (Ladies of Lantern Street, #1)” as Want to Read:
Crystal Gardens (Ladies of Lantern Street, #1)

Crystal Gardens (Ladies of Lantern Street #1)

3.83  ·  Rating details ·  5,994 Ratings  ·  537 Reviews
Lucas Sebastian has never been one to ignore a lady in danger, even if she is trespassing on his property. Quickly disposing of her would-be assassin, he insists they keep the matter private. There are rumours enough already, about treasure buried under his garden, and occult botanical experiments performed by his late uncle.
Published May 3rd 2012 by Piatkus Books (first published April 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Crystal Gardens, please sign up.

Konstantin I don't think so. Jayne (or Amanda)'s books often feature repetitive names and surnames, especially her victorian novels.
So, I think it might be a…more
So, I think it might be a coincidence, just like with 'Till Death Do Us Part', which is supposed to be a part of 'Ladies of Lantern Street' because there's a feature name: Clarissa Slate/Calista Lengley.(less)
Can't Wait Books of 2012
2,520 books — 15,794 voters
The Fault in Our Stars by John GreenInsurgent by Veronica RothGone Girl by Gillian FlynnCity of Lost Souls by Cassandra ClarePandemonium by Lauren Oliver
Best Books of 2012
3,329 books — 9,465 voters

More lists with this book...

Phrynne
Jun 07, 2015 rated it it was ok
I wonder if I would have enjoyed this book more if I had read it rather than listened to it on audiobook. The reader was really not my cup of tea at all. I can't begin to describe how she sounded but for me anyway it was not good. Still I persevered and the story was reasonable. I could not develop any attachment to the characters because of the way their voices were read. A bit of a disappointment really:(
Pepa
El amor muy muy precipitado y la relación entre ellos, cuando menos, muy "moderna".
El tema del suspense no está mal, pero tampoco es que me haya emocionado, hartita del tema de las corrientes de energía, que tampoco, al final, he tenido muy claro qué narices pasaba con el dichoso jardin jajajaja
Lo que sí me ha sorprendido es la "·naturalidad" y lo "normal" que comentan el tema de los trabajillos de él, justicia por su mano.
Entretenido, pero me esperaba mucho más
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
Crystal Gardens is for readers who enjoy their historical romance with strong paranormal elements. In this case, a huge part of the story is the concept of 'psychical energies.' Both Evangeline and Lucas have paranormal abilities, and they are drawn to Crystal Gardens, Lucas' deceased uncle's estate by no accident. In the case of Lucas, he comes to investigate his uncle's murder. Evangeline comes to soak up the atmosphere and work on her series of serial novels, and also to investigate the place ...more
Hillari Delgado
May 07, 2012 rated it did not like it
I won't be the first long-time Amanda Quick (Jayne Ann Krentz) fan to voice her disappointment that one of my favorite authors is just 'going through the motions' in her latest release. 'Crystal Gardens' is a mash-up of themes, events and even character names from her backlist. She's done all this before, and better.

Of deeper concern is that Quick/Krentz appears to be dredging up some unappealing and long-discredited notions of 'romance' in her effort to prop up this weak offering. Quick/Krentz
TJ
Feb 11, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: adc-reviews
2.5/5.0
3 stars is really a stretch but others might like everything "psychical" more than I.

For a complete review, visit Affaire de Coeur magazine, hard copy or online, April/May 2012 issue.
Daniella
I was very reluctant to start Crystal Gardens because I've never really liked paranormal stories. The few ones that I have read usually had convoluted plot lines that bordered on ridiculousness. The last one, Elizabeth Boyle's Tempted by the Night was so bad that I cringe every time I remember it. Indeed, it takes a great amount of skill on the part of the writer to weave a tale like this without it being trippy.

And Ms. Amanda Quick did just that.

Despite a lot of skepticism and low expectation
Jess the Romanceaholic
Not my favorite from Amanda Quick, but still entertaining. As with all of Ms. Quick/Krentz/Castle's books, it was very... light. I've read all but a few books from this author (which is saying something -- I know there's over 80 of them, probably more), and one thing I've always been able to count on would be that they're easy reading. There's excitement, danger, and a touch of steam, and makes a great pool-side read.

3.5/5 Stars
Mollie *scoutrmom*
Sep 01, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Mollie *scoutrmom* by: Cherise Everhard
Shelves: romance, read-in-2012
First, the disclaimers. I received this advanced copy from a fellow reader, not from any organization trying to promote buzz or generate great reviews or anything of that nature. I acknowledge that I was reading an uncorrected proof and the errors I saw will probably not be seen by the general reader. I don't let the fact that I did not buy the product influence the review.

I adored this story! It contains a mystery full of red herrings. We are viewing varying motives of greed, revenge, jealousy,
Donna
Dec 13, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Cherise
Evangeline is a paid companion and a budding authoress. She is renting a cottage from the elusive Lucas Sebastian on an estate that is buzzing with paranormal vibes and rumors of things that go bump in the night. Most townsfolk are scared of the estate and the owner, but Evangeline finds herself attracted to both. When Lucas rescues her, Evangeline finds herself teaming up with her mysterious landlord.

The plot to this story sounded wonderful to me. I am not a huge fan of Ms. Quick and all her ps
Jayne Ann Krentz ...: Crystal Gardens (2012) Book 1 1 10 Sep 23, 2012 03:54PM
  • Copper Beach (Dark Legacy, #1)
  • Midnight Crystal (Ghost Hunters, #7; Arcane Society #9; Dreamlight Trilogy #3)
Pseudonym of Jayne Ann Krentz

She earned a B.A. in History from the Uni
More about Amanda Quick...

Ladies of Lantern Street (2 books)
  • The Mystery Woman (Ladies of Lantern Street, #2)
“In my experience there are only a handful of reasons for murder....Jealousy, vengeance, greed, fear and pleasure....Some killers enjoy the kill....For them it is a great game, and for the most part they are the ones I hunt.” 6 likes
“Some people find that reading novels is very therapeutic precisely because it does allow one to view reality from an entirely different perspective.” 4 likes