Start by marking “Love Lifted Me (Songbird, #3)” as Want to Read:
Love Lifted Me (Songbird, #3)

Love Lifted Me

(Songbird #3)

Jade and Max share a deep love, though revelations from his past have recently shaken their marriage. And Jade is completely smitten with Max's little son, Asa, whom she is now raising as her own. Their blended family brings her a joy she's never known. But there is one more secret to be uncovered. One that will impact them all.

Max is doing his best to "man-up" and prove h
Published January 2nd 2012 by Thomas Nelson

To ask other readers questions about Love Lifted Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love Lifted Me

Start your review of Love Lifted Me (Songbird, #3)
Carrie
Jan 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
This is the third book in Sara Evans’ Songbird series. I previously reviewed book two Softly & Tenderly (you can read that review here) and this book picks up directly after the second one ends. Max and Jade are making an effort to move past the secrets and let go of the anger.

Max has taken his addiction in hand and attends an intensive rehab program in Texas. Through the help of people in the program he begins to come to terms with his dependency issues. Meanwhile, Jade has found salvation thro
Wall-to-wall books - wendy
Jan 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
I really loved this book! I wanted to give it 5 stars but it was kinda slow in the beginning... Well in the very beginning it started off with a bang - I thought "Oh! Great, a scandal! I love a book that starts with a scandal!" then, sadly it got slow for a while. Half way through it picked back up. Funny enough - it started getting real good around football time! LOL
Anyone who knows me knows I love football (Go Steelers!). So once this book really started talking football I started loving it. J
4.5 star
I really enjoyed this series. I would recommend reading them all in order since each book is a continuation from the previous book. This book, Love Lifted Me, was my favorite of the three. After all the sadness and drama that takes place in the first two books, it was beautiful to see how Jade and Max truly find love and happiness in their lives once they surrendered their burdens and fears over to Christ. Someday, i would like to re read the entire series.
Cathy
Jun 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this whole series. Jade and Max are now very dear to my heart and feel like family. If you enjoy Christian fiction.... if you enjoy women's fiction.....if you enjoy happily ever after with a lot of drama then you will love this book. These are the first books I have read by Ms Hauck and her collaboration with Sara Evans was a winner. I highly recommend this series.
Rachel Childs
Jan 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Excellent trilogy. Far beyond many other Christian books in helping the reader grow in Christ.
Elizabeth
Nov 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
A troubled marriage with secrets popping up throughout. Both Jade and Max want to make it work. They are raising Max's son, Asa, but when Max has an offer to move to Texas to coach high school football, Jade balks. But they vow to give it a try. When Max comes up against many obstacles, he and Jade work together to help the boys become a team and an extended family. You know there are people working behind the scenes to trip Max up and get him fired, but the story keeps you reading and wondering ...more
Megan
Sep 21, 2017 rated it liked it
I really enjoyable series. Appreciated the tie up at the end. Of course I had a beef with Jade starting the book off muy pronto with a secret she was keeping from Max but it was all good in the end. Appreciated the character development and the underlying message that God can do so much more with us then we can do with ourselves.
Becky Lee
Apr 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017
My favorite of the Songbird series.
T.M.
Jul 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Unexpected ending. Loved it all the same. Worth the read. There is a part towards the end that I know about from my time in Texas.
Linda
Oct 16, 2017 rated it liked it
Good story but audio kept looping around. Story never ended ???
Pam Chaffin
Mar 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The final book of this Christian trilogy, and it was the best novel of the three, (see book one for review on the trilogy overall).
Heidi
Jun 18, 2018 rated it liked it
For sure the best of the series although I don’t think the storyline about Asa’s parentage needed to be part of the novel. Loved the football angle and the messages.
Quin
Oct 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love and football, doesn’t get any better than that.
Mitzi
Nov 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another home run by Rachel Hauck! This was such a wonderful series of forgiveness - I can't say enough about this wonderful series w/ Sara Evans. A definite favorite for me!!
Ambrosia Waives
Jun 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A couple finds faith and grow together in this series of books. I enjoyed the book
Janet Merrell
Sep 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2019
Wonderful conclusion. I enjoyed the move to Texas and the high school football story.
Maureen McCormack
Jan 20, 2020 rated it did not like it
Didn't care for this book so I stopped readingit
Rachel
Feb 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I read them out of order, but love this author, and love the story line.
Janet Friesner
Feb 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Finished the Songbird trilogy by Sara Evans and Rachel
Hauck and it was wonderful. Love Christian fiction. I am only sorry that Sara isn't writing more of this.
Shanda Wolf
Apr 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I read the first two books of this trilogy, and this is by far the best! All three books are GREAT, the second one was a little hard for me to swallow... but I won't give away any spoilers!
Love Lifted Me quickly found its way to my favorites list, I loved the relationship between Max and Jade in this book- working together in their faith and love. I loved how Jade dove right into motherhood with Asa, her love for him so pure and raw. Max's character development and change was so inspiring! I re
Charletta
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Such a breathtaking example of how surrendering to God's grace and walking in faith pays off in the end. The ebbs and flows of family, friends, and community make for a very good read! Very inspirational!
Melanie
Dec 26, 2011 rated it liked it
I wanted to like this book, and for the most part, I did. The story is a cute story about a couple who works on their rocky marriage. I loved how both the wife and husband had baggage, and grace and forgiveness were main themes of this book. Max, the recently recovered addict, leaves his lawyer career to pursue coaching football. His wife Jade goes with him, and learns to trust her husband again after his addiction and infidelity. There were moments that reminded me of the Friday Night Lights se ...more
Rambling Readers
May 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
I have followed the winding road of Jade's story since The Sweet By and By. Each novel in Sara Evans' and Rachel Hauck's Songbird series has been as touching and melodic as a country song. A chorus of love, pain, healing, and faith flows through the series and into the third novel, Love Lifted Me. The conclusion of Softly and Tenderly left me with a lingering anticipation of what the plot of Love Lifted Me would hold for Jade and Max.

Throughout the course of three novels, Jade and Max have been
Krazybooklady
Dec 20, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Jade is worried that she cannot trust her husband, Max, when he returns from rehab due to an addiction to pain pills. She has concerns that he will begin using again, and she is still recovering from finding out he had a baby with another woman. A baby that was supposedly conceived just one week before their marriage. Jade has fallen in love with the baby, Asa, now almost 2 years old and has been caring for him while Max was away at rehab, but a newly discovered secret may take Asa away from the ...more
Nikole Hahn
Dec 22, 2011 rated it really liked it
This book was like,“Facing the Giants” with southern spice. Jade and Max had a rough beginning to their marriage. He cheated and out of that union came Asa, a son. After Asa’s mother died, Jade took in the little boy like her own showing love and faith, struggling against fears and an old habit of running away from things and situations.

Max goes to work in Texas as part of his rehabilitation after getting confronted with his prescription drug addiction. After months of being clean and working wi
Autum (Escape between the Covers)
I just read the most recent book from the Songbird novels by Sara Evans with Rachel Hauck. This was an excellent read, I was pulled in right from the first chapter. I so wanted to see what would become of Jade and Max’s marriage. It starts out with Jade taking care of little Asa while Max is away at rehab. She has just made an important decision in selling her second shop. When she gets a very interesting visit from a friend of Asa’s birthmother. She burdens Jade with a secret she is really lear ...more
Erika
Jan 11, 2012 rated it liked it
Love Lifted Me by Sara Evans and Rachel Hauck is a Christian fiction/romance/chick-lit/3rd-in-a-series book. It's a story about new mom of a toddler (Asa) and vintage-shop owner, Jade Benson, wanting to trust her formerly pain-pill-addicted husband again, after he's been away at rehab for 3 months. At rehab, Jade's hubby, Max, supposedly got his heart changed by Jesus, and from that now he wants to change their lives dramatically and in every way.

This story was romantic and sweet, but quite pred
Corley Elizabeth
Oct 04, 2011 rated it really liked it
Julie McComas
Apr 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
The third book in the Songbird Series definitely snagged my attention. Whether or not you have read the other two books in this series, it really doesn’t matter because there’s plenty of background details for you to follow along with ease.

This is a really well written story with lots of lessons woven into each and every chapter. Sometimes reading about someone else’s lesson in love, forgiveness and trust can make a person realize these lessons pertain to them as well. I found myself hoping I co
Nancy
Dec 18, 2011 rated it really liked it
In this sequel to Softly and Tenderly, Jade is trying to heal from Max's betrayal. She still doesn't trust him, but she's fallen in love with Asa his two-year-old illegitimate son. Max returns from the Outpost Rehab Ranch in Texas where he has been coaching football for the Randall County rec center team. Now Jade and Max have to figure out how to become a family again or whether it's still possible.

This sequel is a good follow on to Softly and Tenderly. Jade and Max now have to face the proble
« previous 1 3 next »

• How to Catch a Prince (Royal Wedding, #3)
  • Princess Ever After (Royal Wedding, #2)
  • Dining with Joy (Lowcountry Romance, #3)
  • Love Starts with Elle
  • The Fifth Avenue Story Society
  • The Writing Desk
  • The Love Letter
  • The Wedding Chapel
  • A Royal Christmas Wedding (Royal Wedding, #4)
  • The Memory House
  • Georgia on Her Mind
  • Lake Season (Bluebell Inn Romance, #1)
  • The Wedding Shop
  • Diva NashVegas
  • Sweet Caroline
  • Lost in NashVegas
  • Collateral Damage (Danger Never Sleeps, #1)
  • Summer by the Tides

Songbird (3 books)
  • The Sweet By and By (Songbird, #1)
  • Softly and Tenderly (Songbird, #2)

News & Interviews