Start by marking “A Class Act” as Want to Read:
A Class Act

A Class Act

3.5  ·  Rating details ·  322 Ratings  ·  38 Reviews
MOST LIKELY TO SUCCEED...

Who, but handsome, preppy prelaw Gabe Moreau? And it was obvious to everyone except Gabe that what he felt for Dena Devlin--the janitor's daughter!--was just puppy love. But it was Dena who walked away when Gabe lost his innocence to someone...more...appropriate.

SURPRISE, SURPRISE!

Dena, not outrageously successful herself, figured she could handle
Published July 15th 2011 by Harlequin Treasury-Harlequin Temptation 90s (first published September 1st 1999)

To ask other readers questions about A Class Act, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Class Act

Tina
Alexis-Morgan Roark
I was torn between "OH, MAN THAT MUST STILL HURT" and "JUST GET OVER IT ALREADY"!
Mary McFarlane
It was very slow. It had some cute moments but I'm glad I got this as a free book
Kalyee
Dec 14, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 3-star-good, hq
Suprisingly fun!

I was a little hesitant when I started this, I'm not a big fan of "class reunion" type stories and there really weren't a lot of reviews.. However I decided to give it a try, and I'm glad I did!

The basic plot is that the H/h dated for a year their senior year of high school. They were very much in love, but the h was a poor, shy, insecure girl who hero worshipped the H. The H was a cocky, know it all rich boy who thought he had it all planned out and was definitely on the selfis
Tia
Oct 23, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wasn't bad but cheating is still cheating and I really don't think the hero gave back more than he took from her, it didn't seem "even" to me.
Donna
Nov 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rags to Bitches is a second chance romance. Dena is a competent, successful woman who is a bit bohemian. I really liked her. Gabe is successful but he lets his parents dictate so much of his life. It's easier than arguing with them. He is no more capable of standing up to them and defending Dena at 33 than he was at 18. Dena, on the other hand, was awesome in handling Gabe's father. I loved the way she got her 'point' across to him.

Ham is quite a character. He deserves a book of his own. So does
Bethany
It was okay for the free ebook. I started off okay, but the main plot device was miscommunication. I find miscommunication in romance novels to just be lazy writing and it's frustrating that it happens so often. I thought Dena was an interesting, but what's-his-name was a snooze fest. He mentioned he was "alone" for 15 years. If he was hot as he's supposed to be, I'm sure he didn't live like a monk, pining for his high school sweetheart this whole time. Quick, light read. No regret since it was ...more
Saintlyjuliet
A Class Act was a decent book, but it felt boring to read. There was barely any conflict in this story. The betrayal by the hero was decades in the past so even the heroine got over it quickly. The class differences were solved because the heroine returned as a rich, self-made millionaire.
The "other woman" did try to create some troubles but it was easily resolved by the hero when they spoke to each other.
You know all those books you read and you think "none of this was necessary and could have
Denise M.
A Fun Read

I decided to give Rags to Bitches a try + found it entertaining.
The simple plot is about 2 teenagers that fall in love their senior year of HS.
Gabe comes from $$ + Dena, who is a janitors daughter. Unfortunately, the young romance ends when Gabe cheats on her.
A lot can happen in 15 yrs, Dena is now a self made millionaire + Gabe works as a lawyer with his dad.
Can 2nd chances made thinks right ? They meet again at their 15 year, week long class reunion.
It gas a predictable ending, but
Judy
Dec 07, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
This was a pleasant enough second chance romance set at a 15th high school reunion. The couple in question come wanting to see each other, but afraid of the consequences of a betrayal back in their senior year. They got over that pretty quickly, and then it was a pretty standard romance with rich guy and girl (who has since made good) from the other side of the tracks. If you don't like graphic sex you might want to stay away from this one, but I didn't find it offensive.
Lee Hoekje
Cutesy Romance

Pretty typical of romance stories.....the usual rich guy, and poor girl, and so on. Another's example of why you should not buy books with animals, baked goods or chocolate in the title.
Karen
Dec 03, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I loved the story but hated the graphic content. I thought this book was about female dogs since it had a dog in a pink dress on the cover. It wasn’t and the dogs in the story were pugs not from ground dogs in pink dresses. It was well written and well proofed.
Leigh
Dec 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyable romance!

This was a cute story about childhood sweethearts who reunite at, where else, a high school reunion. Drama, tension, and working through the past follow as the two determine whether or not they'll have a future together.
Doreen
Jan 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Book Bub offered this quick read as a freebie. I’m glad I picked it up. It was a sweet story about teenage angst and betrayal while having to face it head on as an adult.

And as always, I’m a sucker for anything dealing with dogs and romance. The storyline was well thought and charming.
Paula
Dec 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it.

This is a story of a high school first loves
They meet again 15 years later at a high school reunion. They had never forgot their first loves so meeting again it gets hot between them. Reading this story is fun.
Megan Cole
Feb 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Overall a nice, easy book to read. One of those that you can walk away from for a few days and aren't kept in any suspense the whole time. Some of it was a bit mundane, but not too bad for a free Kindle book.
Bettye J. Brock
Dec 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Rags to Botched such a perfect catchy title.

Very good short read. The choice of content is something that all can relate to. Very enjoyable read. I recommend it for 18+ years old. A little dicey for younger folks!

Phillip M Lewallen
I absolutely

Love this funny, sexy book. The characters are definitely ones that I would like to read about again. This is a not to be missed book. I look forward to more from Pamela Burford.
A nice, light read (especially after intense horror or suspense books.)
Tracy Round-gray
Dec 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute book. A bit predictable but an easy fun read
Pamela
Dec 12, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit, freebies
Nope. Sorry. Use of the phrase "female radar" automatically shunts you into the 'don't bother' pile. Fortunately it was a free download so no trees or savings were harmed.
Sheri
Dec 05, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
So, 3.5 really. a cute story but some of the time jumps weren't real smooth
Carolina Malfettano
Awesome romantic

Perfect if you want to just sit and read without thinking. The characters and the story are engaging and you end up with a smile at the end of the book.
jean walsh
Dec 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Funny and sweet

Wonderful second chance romance of high school sweethearts that run in to each other 15 years later at their class reunion.
Bernie
Mar 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Rags to Bitches review

Rags to Bitches is an amusing romantic comedy written by author Pamela Burford. Old friends get a second chance at love.
Melanie Jones
It was a nice to read but not really my favourite genre. It was a very satisfying ending however!
Carolann Hudak
Dec 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it

As a long island girl I loved the references to local areas and it was very well written and cute
Destiny
Nov 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cute Story of Love Found

Where I found this book: Another Bookbub find and a great one at that. The title made me laugh immediately before I even read what it was about.

How it's written: The third person view clues the reader in to Dena and Gabe's thoughts. Like One S'more Summer, Burford does a great job weaving the present and past of these two love birds.

What I like about the book: I definitely laughed out loud a few times and had a silly grin on my face for most of it. The build-up and timin
Chanel
Mar 01, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance-simple
This book starts out slowly and a little confusing as there are quite a few characters gathered together for a Class Reunion, and the author gives background from high school on the characters.
Just when the story line starts to pick-up, and I am really beginning to real enjoy the book, it's over.
Some of the best scenes involve Dena's lovable dogs, especially since Gabe has never been a dog person.
Rating 3.5
Booklover
Good read,Gabe-Dena were very much in love when they were in school,both had decided to wait but Gabe cheated on Dena with Andrea,hurt-humiliated Dena broke it up with Gabe,went ahead to start life afresh fast forward 15 years now Gabe is at reunion only for one reason "his love Dena",he did not get a chance to explain and apologize to Dena now he is here to take this another chance.Dena comes but now she is a new Dena not the sh, easily embarrassed,reduce to tears girl but a strong confident wo ...more
Pamela Burford comes from a funny family. You may take that any way you want. She was raised in a household that valued laughter above all, so of course the first thing she looked for in a husband was a sense of humor. Is it any wonder their grown kids are into stand-up comedy and improv? Oh, and here's another fun family fact: Pamela's identical twin sister, Patricia Ryan, aka P.B. Ryan, is also ...more
More about Pamela Burford...

Romance Deals

• Wynn in Doubt
  • Until Harry
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Lethal Consequences (Aegis Security, #2)
  • Things I Should Have Known
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Waiting for the One
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bombshell (Hollywood A-List, #1)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • Guardians Of Stone (Relic Seekers, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • All the Secrets We Keep (Quarry Road, #2)
  • Queens of Geek
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Consumed by Fire (Fire, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Off the Record (Record, #1)
  • The Lovely Reckless
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Never Kiss a Rake (Scandal at the House of Russell, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Enslaved by the Ocean (Criminals of the Ocean, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Plain Perfect (A Daughters of the Promise Novel)
  • Love Fortunes and Other Disasters
    $7.09 $2.99
  • On the Record (Record, #2)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
  • The Journey Home
    $3.99 $0.99
  • True to the Highlander (Loch Moigh #1)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Losing Control (Kerr Chronicles, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The CEO Buys In (Wager of Hearts, #1)
  • Love, Lies & Spies
  • Faking It
    $3.99 $1.99
  • 'Til the End of Time: A Loveswept Contemporary Classic Romance (Sedikhan)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Where Darkness Lies (Criminals of the Ocean, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Good Girl (Love Unexpectedly, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Immortally Yours (Argeneau #26)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Immortal Collection
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Unspoken (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation, # 2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Golden Surrender (Viking #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Beautifully Forgotten (Beautifully Damaged, #2)
  • Been Here All Along
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Blue Lines (Assassins, #5)
  • Honor Bound
  • The Way to Game the Walk of Shame
  • One Pink Line
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Redemption (Penton Legacy, #1)