Start by marking “Freax and Rejex (Dancing Jax #2)” as Want to Read:
Freax and Rejex (Dancing Jax #2)

Freax and Rejex

(Dancing Jax #2)

The second novel in the extraordinary, ground-breaking, genre-busting new trilogy from master of fantasy Robin Jarvis Five months have passed since the publication of the devilish book discovered in Dancing Jax. It is on its ninth reprint and tens of millions of copies have been sold in the UK. The entire country is now under its evil spell. Yet a tiny percentage of the po ...more
Published February 2nd 2012 by HarperCollins UK (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Freax and Rejex, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Freax and Rejex

Start your review of Freax and Rejex (Dancing Jax #2)
Matthew Hodge
Oct 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Probably one of the last books that I'll finish for the year, but certainly a cracker of a way to end the fiction-reading year. Easily the most gripping novel that I've read this year.

For those who came in late, Robin Jarvis was my favourite childhood author, but due to the passage of time, it's been one of those things where I've missed a few of his middle period books when I was off at uni/starting work, etc. but have been catching up on his latest stuff. And what a progression. In the early 9
X
May 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
I'm not quite sure what to think of this book. It was a little slow to start, but it's dark, brilliant, and full of unexpected plot twists, and I can't stop thinking about it. I'm extremely curious to see where Jarvis is going with this and how everything comes together (I hope!) in the last book.
Mark
Feb 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book is simply one of the best books I've ever read. Robin Jarvis strikes again with his amazing story weaving like no other author - here we revisit the holocaust like reality that has dawned after the initial book - the UK is enslaved by the book and there is nowhere to turn for the poor immune few who can't fall under the spell of the evil book Dancing Jacks.

Slowly easing you in to a false sense of security, the book begins as playful and almost eerily too good to be true finally catapul
Kelliemarie  Dale
Apr 02, 2012 rated it it was ok
I didn't like this one as much as the first one as I thought it dragged on for a bit too long at parts and it wasnt fast passed as the 1st one was.
Shobha
Nov 11, 2014 rated it did not like it
If I never read anything like this again, it'll be too soon. Watching leaves grow on a plant would have been time better spent. Being at a dentist would have been more enjoyable. As an example of the intense bile-worthiness of this book, & the vapidity of it's intelligence, it's only way to show uber bad-assness is to have a human children being mashed into sausages & fed to other children. That has to be the most unintelligent, not to mention imagination-lacking way to show how bad your charact ...more
Ashley
Nov 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book, like the first, was twisted and sick. I absolutely enjoyed it. Not a series for the faint of heart.
It had books and fairytales and monsters and children (of diverse backgrounds from what I remember). The kids were all loveable in their own way which made the sick and twisted events that occur even more tragic and painful. I rooted for them so freaking hard. Such an insanely good read, looking forward to #3 !!!
Lena
Nov 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I don't usually rate a book with 5 stars..this one was an easy decision!!!!..simply loved it, as much as the first one, if not more!!!looking forward to reading the last one..!!
Amina
Sep 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Wow. This was intense and I loved it. So many unexpected plot twists and so many great characters.
V.S. Nelson
Mar 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I don't like trilogies for many reasons. I think the first reason is that you cannot move these days for them. Everything is a trilogy. It is literally the worst way to tell a story. The problem being that you have the first book where you're introduced to the concept, the characters and the plot. That book's usually great. Then you have the last book in the trilogy where everything has been worked out and the disparate threads of the narrative are cleverly woven together with a nice dollop of a ...more
Leah Hosie
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Robin Jarvis is one of my favourite authors and I have no shame, once again, in reading and reviewing a kid’s book.

Part II of the Dancing Jax trilogy introduces us to a group of youngsters seemingly immune to the effect of the book first described in the initial story.

The good: Such menace!! What starts with suspicion quickly deteriorates into abuse, torture and murder. The author does not hold back with the horror, and he does a cracking job of describing the misery of those left alive. Despi
Yvi
Feb 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
I really enjoy book series that begin different stories in book one and two which will eventually be brought together in the third and final book.
So we have "brand new" characters? Naah not really because they are extremly similar to the characters of book one, which basically means they are cruel little bastards. I hate every single one of them!
The writing was great, super exciting even if the plot was often predictable.
I loved loved loved the flashback to 1936, it was my favourite part besid
Maddie
May 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic book. Probably my favourite of the trilogy.
Adrian Bloxham
Apr 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Excellent, have ordered the third one, scary and full of despair
Maggy
Sep 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
What can I say?
I adored this book.
Now, before this review really gets going, I'm going to point out that I have not read the first book of the series and instead just jumped straight into this one because it looked really cool. I actually picked it up one morning as a time filler for a couple of minutes, expecting it to be just that. Instead, I was nearly late to school because the book was just too damn good and I could not put it down.
This book is a nice blend of all things I like best. Card s
Xanthia Davies
Feb 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
After finishing the first book, I didn't realize there was a series. After borrowing it from the library a second time a few months after I was delighted to find out that there was an entire series and immediately got out Freax and Rejex.

The book amazing and I liked how it was set after Britain had fallen, especially when some of the characters explained what the riots were like with those who were fighting the book being converted on the street. But the book spent most of its time in the camp w
Mandy
Feb 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've been a fan of Robin Jarvis since someone nudged me in the direction of his Wyrd Museum series. I also remember how, starting around 2001, promising beginnings like Deathscent (so far the only one of the series 'Intrigues Of The Reflected Realm') and The Thorn Ogres Of Hagwood (similarly, the only one to appear) gave way to an interminable space which stretched out to getting on for a decade. Then, suddenly - Dancing Jax. Transported back a decade, ready for another go, I read it and was str ...more
Hannah
Jan 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dancing Jax: Freax and Rejex - Robin Jarvis

The second instalment in the Dancing Jax series, the first book is reviewed here also by me.

A step back from the characters of Dancing Jax is took here, with them being mentioned briefly rather than being the focus. However a brand new group of characters is introduced, the teenagers who are unaffected by the book, the Freax and Rejex.

Victimised by everyone in their lives for their inability to be absorbed into the book they are took to a camp, isolated
Alex Boon
Sep 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Dark, gruesome and exciting. It's Robin Jarvis through and through but more mature and far nastier than any of his other stuff. Definitely not for the younger teenager/child! I think its only downside is it was too exciting and took a bit too long to give you the answers you need to know. You care about the characters, you want to know what is going to happen to them but the narrative was in places too drawn out for my tastes. I was guilty of flicking through it to see what will happen. I hate d ...more
Mandy
Aug 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I am, I have to say, a big fan of Robin Jarvis, right back from the days of the Wyrd Museum, when it was apparently okay to misspell words like 'weird' for the intended audience.

Nowadays, Dancing Jacks is taking over the world, and my god, does Robin Jarvis go for it. In jokes, self-reference, dark humour, horror, mythology, English folk-tale, revelation, and pagan this-and-that mixed with an incisive and cutting prose. Wit, humour and a dark, dark heart spill out.

This book is great, and I'm wai
Nerakupul
Aug 21, 2013 rated it did not like it
This is a disturbing book. It has left me feeling dirty and I wish I had not read it. Or, I wish I had not hoped for some redeeming feature or resolution and kept reading it. It is dark, horrific and gruesome. The darkness has virtually no counterbalance and just gets more and more violent and depressing. If powerful writing is solely based on impact, then the author is a master, but the impact is deeply unpleasant. I would never want the experience repeated and would warn away anyone who asked ...more
Sigrid_02
Oh my god, finally. This turned out to be quite a fight to get through. It's probably me, but there were just too many characters for my liking and it took ages to figure out which ones were important and which ones weren't. Also, the setting was not my cup of tea. I'm sorry for leaving a negative review here. I have high hopes for the last part of the story though, the ending sounded quite promising, so I'm hoping for the best! :)
Livi
Nov 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Amazing! Couldn't put it down, although this book was a lot more disturbing than the first. Some of the characters are really twisted and I can tell you this series is not for the faint of heart!! I also got a lot more attached to the characters in this book, I can't wait to see what happens to them in Fighting Pax! How am I supposed to wait 7 months??
Edward Davies
Apr 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 5-star-reads
Even better than the first installment, Jarvis manages to create hateful characters who you gradually grow to love, only to have the most horribly unimaginable things happen to them. This is filled with strong characterization (albeit often stereotypical), but be warned - this might give younger children nightmares.
Lena
Jun 22, 2014 rated it liked it
I wasn't really sure about this book because the last one was a nice read but could't capture me entirely.
Well, in the beginning I felt the same about Freax and Rejex, I wasn't able to connect to the characters and the the other world in the book; but after struggling a little I was happy to make it to the middle of the book and it really got better, deeper and more interesting.
Nicky Turner
Jun 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic sequel to Dancing Jax........

Even scarier and darker than the first book!

Not going to give anything away as you need to read it

I've put this book in the top 5 of my all time favourite reads......

Blessed be......!
zhreads
Aug 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This was a brilliant book. It was also a lot better than the first as it delves deeper in to the story and we also get to meet a variety of characters all with different personalities. I would definitely recommend this and I cannot wait for the last book in this series.
Releanna
Aug 24, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2013
I'd have given the book 4 stars if I hadn't been totally annoyed by the very repetitive mentioning of the age of certain characters, like Christina.
Jarvis says "the 7-year-old" every few sentences. I know how old all the kids are, thank you very much.
Julia
Aug 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Great read! Perfect sequel to Dancing Jax. The completely different setting marks the trilogy as extremely versatile but it has the same dark, ominous, sometimes funny but also gory feeling to it. I'm addicted and can't wait to read the third book Fighting Pax.
Matthew
Feb 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing, even better than book one which I didn't think could be beaten, the story went a little slowly at times and the ending could have been a little more dramatic, cannot wait for book 3 :D
Catherine
Jul 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
A powerful and dark sequel to "Dancing Jax", which leaves me eagerly anticipating "Fighting Pax", the conclusion to the trilogy!
Goodreads Librari...: Create Kindle Edition 4 176 May 23, 2012 01:20PM

• The Long War (The Long Earth, #2)
  • The Long Mars (The Long Earth, #3)
  • The Long Earth (The Long Earth, #1)
  • Das Perlenmedaillon
  • Finis (Death Note, #12)
  • Deletion (Death Note, #10)
  • Target (Death Note, #8)
  • Kindred Spirits (Death Note, #11)
  • Contact (Death Note, #9)
  • Give-and-Take (Death Note, #6)
  • Lord Loss (The Demonata, #1)
  • Zero (Death Note, #7)
  • Whiteout (Death Note, #5)
  • GRM: Brainfuck
  • Der Totengräbersohn 4 (Der Totengräbersohn, #4)
  • Wie August Petermann den Nordpol erfand
  • The Devil's Elixirs
  • Water Music
Robin Jarvis (born May 8, 1963) is a British children's novelist, who writes fantasy novels, often about anthropomorphic rodents and small mammals – especially mice – and Tudor times. A lot of his works are based in London, in and around Deptford and Greenwich where he used to live, or in Whitby.

His first novel – The Dark Portal, featuring the popular Deptford Mice – was the runner up for the Smar

Dancing Jax (3 books)
  • Dancing Jax (Dancing Jax #1)
  • Fighting Pax (Dancing Jax #3)