Start by marking “Daniel in L.A. (Fallen Shorts, #0.4)” as Want to Read:
Daniel in L.A. (Fallen Shorts, #0.4)

Daniel in L.A.

(Fallen Shorts 0.4)

Published (first published 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Daniel in L.A., please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Daniel in L.A.

MischaS_
May 26, 2013 rated it it was ok
Soooo boring! Please can anybody kill Daniel? Cause I'm pretty sure that it might help-
Sophia
Apr 03, 2019 rated it liked it
This story was based in a time when Daniel was trying to stay away from Luce and living on the streets of L.A. I always enjoy seeing how different the thoughts are between Luce and Daniel. I'm not sure I liked how all of the events we know about Daniel's time before Luce Price was in this one night but I am glad that we were able to see what really happened between Daniel and Shelby (which was basically absolutely nothing!)
Jovy
Jun 07, 2013 rated it liked it
Maud
Mar 31, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: novella
This short story was quit interesting. I have been wondering how Daniel lived while he didn't get to see Luce and this gave an answer to it and even showed a bit more of Shelby! I have been interested in her since she isn't as much in the picture as some others in the Fallen books and you just don't know that much about her. This gave a bit more information and I wish there was a way to learn more about her.
Lisa
Jul 23, 2011 added it
Is this book available ?
Laura Elizabeth
Aug 01, 2012 rated it did not like it
This is probably my least favorite of the five extras I read. It just felt trivial and unneeded.
Shaylee*cheeky*
May 09, 2018 rated it it was ok
The thing with her and Trevor still confuses me. Did he burn because Luce is only allowed to kiss Daniel? Is it their cursed love? I'm wondering if she's ever kissed anyone else in her past lives.

I love seeing inside Daniel's head. He's actually panicked and his every thought is consumed with the love of his entire existence. What agony-to be cursed with losing her every 17 years, and having to do it all over again. I can't believe he's been taken into the police station so many times that he k
Christine (KizzieReads)
It was great seeing a piece of Daniel's life in L.A. and how he ended up at the reform school.
Joti
Jan 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: i-own-it
Kayla Asher
Sep 24, 2012 rated it it was ok
well that was bummy. so again, if daniel was so close with sem, why didnt he mention it in the book? and if he had previously met shelby, why didnt he say so when he met her again at school? and since at school, she obviously knows shes a nephilim, why doesnt daniel tell her that her father was sem? JUST WHY. haha
Sharon
Jun 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013-reads
For a 10 page short, this was actually the most interesting of all the shorts in this series.

More thoughts on this short and the others will appear on Elfie Books blog soon. Check the Lauren Kate page on the blog for reviews and thoughts of the shorts and main books.

Binibining `E (of The Ugly Writers)
Daniel!! I am hooked because of you. Just kinda wondering why in the fallen book they didn't mention anything about Sem. What happen if he was real close to her. Quite a handful Daniel stealing a shopping cart? what for? hahaha.. I hope to get to read more about Shelby soon.
Ellen
Sep 20, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: novella, paranormal
In my opinion this story has a lot of potential and was just too brief. I was intrigued to learn more about Daniel and Shelby's relationship, Sem and how exactly Daniel allowed Miss Sophia to take him to Sword & Cross because he doesnt seem the kind to do something against his will
Hannah
Dec 08, 2011 rated it it was ok
A quick segment on what Daniel was doing when he was trying to avoid Luce. Interesting but a little boring
Myndi
Oct 20, 2016 rated it liked it
A peek into Daniel's life before Sword and Cross. Interesting to see how he lives while trying to avoid Luce. Also, interesting to see a nephilim.
Louisa
Jul 25, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Oh, loved these short stories, loved these looks into the series! Need to read more!
Kelli Belli
Feb 07, 2012 rated it liked it
Interesting to see what Daniel was up to and how he tried to avoid Luce this time around. Also to see how Shelby ended up at Sword & Cross.
Temple Rose
Sep 20, 2011 rated it it was ok
This was a real intresting read i was always intrested in how Daniel and Sibe meet i dont think thats her name. Any way yeah good to understand his past more.
Lala
Mar 08, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: series, fantasy
This one was pretty good. Again these are really really short, but this one had some interesting information to provide that certainly sheds some more light on the main storyline. I liked it.
Ella Howd
Mar 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I really just want to know more about shelby. . .
Vanessa
Jul 15, 2013 rated it it was ok
A cute little Fallen short. So glad I can still read a little more about this book even though the series ended a while ago. This truly is one of my favorite series.
Sara
Dec 26, 2016 rated it liked it
So far this has been my favourite Fallen Short Story
It actually contributed with some new information about Daniel, Shelby, and their "relationship."
Radiant
Nov 22, 2012 rated it liked it
:D
Amy
Aug 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Fallen has so many short stories, it's kind of ridiculous but awesome. Nice to get insight into someone else's POV.
Natalie
Jul 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
I always love the extra, it's great to see what each character go through and what they think.
I found this extra on http://www.scribd.com/doc/51797053/Co...
Ceci
Aug 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2015
ñeh
Rohina
Feb 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviews
And we finally find out what happened between Shelby and Daniel. But it was nothing bad, as I originally thought when I read torment
Odily Gómez
Oct 17, 2013 rated it liked it
He ahí el por qué Daniel estaba en Espada y Cruz...
Annika
Mar 03, 2012 rated it it was ok
Daniel without Luce is BORING. nothing personal.
  • Shadow Days (Nightshade #0.5; Nightshade World #3.5)
  • The Innocence of White: Gabi & Jack’s Story (Vamp Chronicles, #3.5)
  • Wrong Place, Wrong Time (The Morganville Vampires 10.1)
  • Demonically Tempted (Frostbite, #2)
  • Eternal Flame (The Immortals, #0.5)
  • Paranormal Anthology with a Twist
  • Seirs (Soul Guardians #5)
  • Truths of the Soul (Soul Seers, #3)
  • Lost Scene from Hallowed (Unearthly, #2.1)
  • Ascension (Dream Realms Trilogy #3 Part 2)
  • The Invitation (Darkness Rising, #1.6)
  • Wicked Pretty Things: 13 Dark Faerie Romances
  • Demons: Encounters with the Devil and His Minions, Fallen Angels, and the Possessed
  • Tegan's Power (The Ultimate Power, #4)
  • After the Fall (Broken Angel, #2)
  • Obsidian: Last Chapter in Daemon's POV
  • Will of Fate (Dual Court Kiss, #1)
  • Ash and Mary-Lynnette: Those Who Favor Fire (Night World, Extras)
Lauren Kate grew up in Dallas, went to school in Atlanta, and started writing in New York.
She is the author of the Fallen novels, the Teardrop novels, and The Betrayal of Natalie Hargrove. She lives in Laurel Canyon with her family.

Fallen Shorts (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Daniel's First Sighting (Fallen Shorts, #0.1)
  • Before the Fire (Fallen Shorts, #0.2)
  • What Happened To Trevor (Fallen Shorts, #0.3)
  • Arriane's Day Out (Fallen Shorts, #0.5)
  • Daniel and Gabbe's Fight (Fallen Shorts, #0.6)
  • A Date with an Outcast (Fallen Shorts, #2.1)
  • Cam Goes Hunting (Fallen Shorts, #2.2)
  • Inside Francesca's Office (Fallen Shorts, #2.3)
  • Shelby's Journal (Fallen Shorts, #3.1)
  • Miles in the Dark (Fallen Shorts, #3.2)