Start by marking “Lucky Charm” as Want to Read:
Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm

From New York Times & USA Today Bestselling Author!

Twenty-eight-year old Annabel Green is about to tie the knot with her college love, an aspiring author Jeremy Blake, but her plans for an ideal wedding are rudely interrupted when she catches Jeremy kissing his gorgeous book agent.

Shell-shocked by Jeremy's betrayal, Annabel retreats into the quiet routine of TV
Published July 9th 2011

To ask other readers questions about Lucky Charm, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lucky Charm

Start your review of Lucky Charm
Jackie
Jul 21, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Contemporary Romance fans looking for an HEA that delivers.
What do you do when the man you are going to marry cheats on you with a business associate? If you are Annabel Green you first try to get over it by retreating into your shell and becoming a semi-hermit, only going to work and then straight home alone.

The fun part of the story comes about when Annabel's best friend Lilly, a social butterfly who in the past was always on the lookout for the next Mr-Right-Now, takes things in hand and forces Annabel to update her hair and wardrobe and at least try
Malbec
Feb 13, 2013 rated it did not like it
I dont see how this qualifies in the least as a romantic comedy.... This book was very flat. I didnt see why you had to go through 3/4 of the book dealing with the lead up to the arc... was just boring and a slog to read :-(
Mena Cromeyer
Aug 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
If you thought romance was dead, read this book. It is alive and kicking. I loved this book from start to finish. It was impossible to put down once I started reading it. It was that good.
Shadow
Sep 08, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This book was so sweet, a few sad moments but a great story all the way around. You felt for the characters, and boy, were there a lot of them. I've found with most stories, who have a lot of characters, the stories are too over done but this one was perfect and easy to follow. I loved it!

Set in the Big City, Annabel is living the life. She has a good job, a wonderful fiancé, supportive friends; life is predictable and safe, until the uneventful happens. Annabel catches her fiancé in an affair
Renita McKinney
Jul 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Sometimes you just want to have a glass of wine, read a book that's light, romantic, and fun. You want to laugh out loud, root for the underdog and enjoy a Saturday afternoon. That is what I did while reading this book. It's that book that feels like home.
I'm loving this author! So for a chilled Saturday afternoon grab this book and escape.
Ashley
Dec 04, 2011 rated it really liked it
Marie Astor’s Lucky Charm is one of those books that once I started it, I just wanted to know what happend next. I really enjoyed Lucky Charm and it is this month’s selection for the ChickLitPlus reading challenge I’ve been doing this year.

Annabel Green catches her fiance cheating on her. In the wake of this betrayal, Annabel is lost, uncertain of how to move forward and reclaim her life. Her best friend, an up and coming designer called Lilly Collins, tries to help. She treats Annabel to a
Aimee
Aug 14, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2011
This was a very cute story! I really enjoyed reading this. To be honest, sometimes the covers can throw me off. I thought it would be super cheesy but it really wasn't. It was sweet, charming and very romantic!

The premise was interesting. Annabel ends up finding her fiance kissing his book agent and decides to chuck him. Good for Annabel! But the real part of the story wasn't just trying to get over the hurt and pain that came along with being cheated on, but learning to love again. And that
Donna
I really enjoyed this story and am looking forward to more from this author. Its a light, fun, enjoyable read and I am glad I have read it.

The characters are well developed and you really like Annabel and Lilly. And you can sympathize with Annabel when she catches Jeremy cheating. Lilly is a great friend and would make a fun lead character in her own story. You are glad she and Annabel are friends and you want both to get their HEA.

The settings are realistic as well. You can easily visualize
Christi
Mar 21, 2013 rated it it was ok
Ick. "Every fiber of my being"...several times!?! Please. And, what is up with these two women turning into such weak, pathetic, simpering fools as soon as they meet the love of their lives? I gave this book two stars, because I thought the first half of the book, while rather slow paced, wasn't horrible. But the second half-YUCK.
Anja Mizner
Jan 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Very cute story. You get caught into it from the beginning and it doesn't let you go. Definitely a page turner ,makes you want to know what happens next. Loved it!
Erika
Nov 03, 2017 rated it liked it
Ok read...

There were parts of the book that were cute, but so much of it was really cliche. The characters were not super original and the plot was weak at best. The emotion in it felt realistic, but I could tell what was going to happen before it did. Not a bad read if you’re looking for something light and predictable, but nothing spectacular.
Kathleen
May 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
Twenty-eight year old Annabel Green is just months away from marrying her boyfriend of seven years, Jeremy Blake, when she catches him kissing his book agent, and suddenly her whole world is turned upside down. She had willingly been the breadwinner in their relationship, taking a "temporary" copywriter's position at an advertising agency, setting her own dreams of writing aside while Jeremy writes his first novel. Faced with a cheating fiance, she confronts Jeremy and finds out that he has been ...more
Clarinda Dodson
Feb 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction, love-romance
Annabelle is happily planning her wedding to Jeremy, but feels like they may have fallen into a rut. She makes a couple of attempts to spice things up, but her worst fears come true when she stumbles upon Jeremy kissing his agent. She immediately kicks him out of the small studio they share in New York City.

She clings her to her best friend, Lilly. Meanwhile, Lilly has fallen in love with a Parisian. She still finds time to comfort Annabelle and encourage her to get her life back after the
Naomi
Sep 13, 2011 rated it really liked it
Lucky Charm by Marie Astor is a charismatic and endearing tale of falling in love.

Annabel has just found out that her fiancé is nothing but a lying and cheating rat. Not only that he is a scrounging rat that has been living off of Annabel for years trying to reach fame through his writing career. Poor Annabel is heartbroken and bravely pushes Jeremy aside to try and get on with her life; but she can’t let herself totally let go. Enter Lilly, Annabel’s best friend in the world and fashion
LeAnn
Aug 07, 2011 rated it liked it
A note: I received Lucky Charm from the author, Marie Astor.

At the outset of this review, I need to admit that I can't recall the last contemporary romance that I've read. I do read romances, but I tend toward the historical or the paranormal. Jane Austen is in fact one of my favorite novelists, romance or otherwise. So, on the one hand, I have particular tastes that may not make me the ideal contemporary romance reader. On the other, I like reading about people falling in love.

Astor's gently
Heather Book Savvy Babe
Lucky Charm is a very enjoyable read that made me want to grab a comfy chair and a glass of wine, and just enjoy the story.

It was very easy to identify with Annabel, a young woman who discovers her fiancé is having an affair. Annabel has to deal with the fall-out of a failed relationship, as well as the embarrassment of canceling wedding plans, all while trying to keep her emotions under control. With help from her best friend, Lilly, and even some therapeutic target shooting sessions, Annabel
Kelly
Aug 15, 2011 rated it liked it
Full review at Secrets of a Book Lover: http://secretsofabooklover.blogspot.c...

Grab yourself a glass of wine, a box of chocolates, light a candle and curl up under your favorite blanket. This was the quintessential chick-lit book. Fun, flirty, a bit of drama, girl-power and a trip to Paris. It has it all.

This story started out a bit slow, centering around Annabel's wedding planning and her job. Of course, the reader can see that there is something fishy going on with Jeremy from the beginning.
Bonnie
Sep 13, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2011
Lucky Charm is the kind of book that is perfectly paired with a cozy blanket and glass of wine. It is a sweet, albeit slightly predictable, love story about Annabel who after suffering a devastating heartbreak finds love where she least expected to.

Unfortunately I found the love story to be lacking creativity and it seemed as though the author ran out of ideas for failed relationships – every single character suffered the same type of betrayal. I would have preferred it if the characters and
Tishia (Paperback Opinion)
Lucky Charm is a book about a 28-year old woman named Annabel. She is in the midst of planning her wedding when she catches her fiance cheating on her. They have been together since college, so this is completely devastating to her. Annabel's best friend ends up dragging Annabel on a trip to Paris with her, where she meets a guy named Etienne.

I thought it was kind of weird how almost every character was being cheated on, or had been cheated on. It could almost make you paranoid that every man is
Alyssa
Jul 22, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2011
This was a sweet, light & quick feel good read that leaves you wanting to call your best friend. While this is a romance, it is also the story of friendship and how powerful & important it can be.

Annabel had her life planned, she was going to get married to her college sweetheart until she catches him kissing another woman. She immediately kicks him out but then she is left to deal with the heartache & begins to doubt her decision. With the help of her friends she slowly begins to
Meredith Preston
Jul 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Annabel Green has been in love with her college boyfriend, Jeremy, for what feels like forever. For six long years she supported him by working at an advertising job she hates, so that Jeremy could work on his novel. Now that Jeremy is finally getting a book deal, the two are about to get married, and Annabel's life could not be more perfect, right? Wrong.

When Annabel catches Jeremy sneaking behind her back with his drop dead gorgeous book agent, her world comes apart with maddening speed: she
Janeiowa
Jun 14, 2013 rated it liked it
I enjoyed Lucky Charm and I think Ms Astor has definite promise as a novelist. There were some things which made me give it 3, instead of 4 stars. The writing seemed to be redundant in places. I think good editing would have tightened up the story line. Ms Astor seemed to have lost track of a character's name as well. She named her Athena Alexander in one place in the story (loc 3394), but in a couple of other places she's Athena Christy. I don't know how authors confuse their characters in this ...more
Kelsey
Aug 30, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, contemporary
Contemporary romance is not the normal genre that I usually review but every now and again I like to break from my usual and dive into something different. The premise of this book is pretty much what you read in the summary. Annabel Green finds herself alone and unable to move on with life without fear of being rejected. After her friend, Lilly, convinces her to go to a palm reader she is given a necklace that is said to hold a great power that will help her find her true love. Armed with this ...more
Georgie-who-is-Sarah-Drew
Aug 06, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: tag-reviewed
One of my recurring gripes is about books where there are just too many ingredients. I get indigestion. This is a case in point - one jilted girl, one lover trying to get back together with her, one wacky best friend, one foreign destination, one lucky charm, one dashing lover. Each of these elements would have made a respectable story in its own right, but mixing them all together means that none of them gets a chance to shine - e.g. the dashing lover doesn't even appear till half way through. ...more
Tammy
Jul 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is a cute love story. Annabel has been with her boyfriend for 7 years and then finds him with another woman when it is close to their wedding. Hurt and in a job that she didn't want so she could support him while he wrote a book. She breaks up with him and then has doubts as to whether she should have or forgiven him. Her best friend Lilly gets her to go to Paris with her as she does a fashion design contest. Lilly is also meeting a Simon there as she meets him in New York but he is from ...more
Kerry
Mar 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book it was so easy to read & u felt like u were part of the story. I loved the characters and like most girlie books u could guess what was gonna happen but it wsd nicely written u wanted to read it. The book was light hearted and had a happy ending and left u with feel good factor. I thought how the relationship between paige and ana was good it was nice how they found s friendship and I totally loved lilly's character. Great read especially holiday read :)
Anastasia Varga
Jul 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing
We've all been there at some point in our lives, trying to recover from a bad break up, but you don't have to be nursing a broken heart to enjoy Lucky Charm. I found myself rooting for Annabel as she stumbled to regain her bearings in the disorienting world of dating. I also loved the vivid characters: Annabel's spunky boss, her best friend Lilly, and, of course, let's not forget the charismatic Etienne, and the slimy snake Jeremy.
Literary  Chanteuse
Sep 07, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: chick-lit
This is a charming chick lit story that is refreshingly not fixed on the silly twenty something characters but the aged 30 to 40 modern woman. Love found, love lost and love found again sets the pace. A little heartbreak and a little bit of fairy tale goes a long way. I always love a story that also incorporates a trip to Europe and a European heartthrob. Glad to have discovered a new chick lit author to follow.
Stephanie  Mae
Jan 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
I liked this book, it was good, not the typical story I would read! Annabel finds out that she is being cheated on and like most girls doesn't take it to well, but we all have those best friends who want to help us get back up from a break up! They go to see a fortune teller and Annabel finds out her best friend has been hiding a secret from her! Well I won't tell you much more about the story you will have to read it but it's worth the read :)
Monica Belliard
Aug 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is another brilliant book by Marie Astor I picked randomly after reading Smitten at First Sight. There are plenty of laughs and light drama, blended well to turn a mundane story into a magical moment. I empathize with the main character because I know how it feels to be cheated on, and the horrors that come with it. Although not so realistic, this book will tug on your heartstrings and leave a smile on your face.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Sealed with a Kiss
  • The Story of Us
  • The State We're In
  • Between Friends
  • Stormbird (Wars of the Roses, #1)
  • A Place to Call Home
  • Always You
  • Barefoot in the Dark
  • Jeffrey Archer Presents: New Wife
  • The Oyster Catcher
  • Chasing Rainbows
  • Exclusively Yours (Kowalski Family, #1)
  • Waking Up Married (Waking Up, #1)
  • CompTIA Security+ Guide to Network Security Fundamentals
  • CWNA Certified Wireless Network Administrator Official Study Guide: Exam PW0-104
  • The Three Little Pigs
  • The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook: From Cauldron Cakes to Knickerbocker Glory--More Than 150 Magical Recipes for Wizards and Non-Wizards Alike
  • CompTIA Cloud+ Certification Study Guide, Second Edition (Exam CV0-002)
Marie Astor is New York Times and USA Today Bestselling author. Marie is a die-hard romantic, which is why she loves writing romantic suspense and contemporary romance. In her spare time, Marie enjoys being adventurous out-of-doors. She often gets new story ideas while she is hiking up a mountain or trying to avoid bumping into a tree while skiing.

Marie loves hearing from readers and always