Start by marking “My Lady Rival (Belgrave Square Affair, #1)” as Want to Read:
My Lady Rival (Belgrave Square Affair, #1)

My Lady Rival

(Belgrave Square Affair #1)

In this tantalizing new novel of untold wealth, unbridled privilege, and unspeakable scandals, a family shakes the very foundation of proper Victorian Society—and sets the bluebloods to blushing..

When the wealthy middle-class Laurie family purchases a home in exclusive Belgrave Square, London Society is aghast. After all, the consensus is that they're nothing but lowborn
Mass Market Paperback, 320 pages
Published May 1st 2012 by Signet

To ask other readers questions about My Lady Rival, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Lady Rival

Heather
Jan 06, 2012 rated it really liked it
This was a quick read. It had quite a few really funny moments. It was different from Ashley March's other books because I would say it was more of a light read. I tend to like the more angsty books, but I did enjoy this often times steamy and fun read. Ashley March is one of my favorite authors she never lets me down.
Jan 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Would have given 5 stars, but she introduced characters that I thought for sure would be her next book, and then I find out she is writing under a different name with no clear plans to follow through with the series she so obviously set the beginnings for in this book and that's just irritating.
Ms. Ali Cat
Ellie
Apr 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
Lelyana
Jan 16, 2012 rated it it was ok
Aduh, after baca Fifty Shades Trilogy Bundle Fifty Shades of Grey; Fifty Shades Darker; Fifty Shades Freed by E.L. James.. yang panas membara dan BDSM (bikin dada sesak dan mendamba)...trus baca ini...

Sigh, its a boring story...no wonder the author complained to the publisher about the book..its NOT PERFECT, ITS BORING and yet makes me YAWN HARD.... [image error]

Willa Stratton (reminds me of Willa okati, erotica writter).....punya saingan bisnis , Alexander Laurie....Mister laurie ini 3 tahun yll sempet "teralih" perhatiannya karena ciuman Willa waktu di Italy, mereka sama2 orang Amerika, yang s
Julie
Oct 21, 2011 rated it liked it
I had a tough time warming up to Willa, the heroine in this Victorian romance, though I liked her very much at first when we first meet her. But then she began to bug me, though I liked the hero Alex very much. Still, I felt the story was disjointed as if some of the scenes were unfinished. The ending was rushed and in need of more development towards how Alex and Willa realized their love for each other. A disappointiment compared to her last book, Romancing the Countess, which was great.

3.5/5
Tabetha Waite
Jul 06, 2013 rated it did not like it
I don't know if it's just because I seem to be in a reading funk lately, but I couldn't connect with the characters in this book. Granted, there was a different story line regarding fabric dye, which was intriguing, and it started out with a mysterious masquerade, but I was bored with the family and their grumbling, and whereas I thought perhaps the book was really opening up with a hearse, it was just the hero's family's inability to compromise while he was trying to better their life. That's w ...more
RIF
Aug 25, 2012 rated it liked it
Its been a minute since i read this. What i remember is that overall I enjoyed it, the first part of the book is easy to recall but she ended up losing me. I loved the heroines backatory. Sometimes I find myself thinking there are little additions or changes to the plot, especially character motivation, that would make a big difference in my enjoyment of this authors' stories. Her tone and sense of voice are quite good however.
Elaine
Feb 03, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: victorian, kindlefire
I always love AM books, but not this one. Although I finished it, I couldn't get into it. I nearly gave up, but ploughed on. It was o.k., but no pleasure in reading it. Such a shame, I really wanted to love it. I didn't like the dye thing at all.
Huong
May 04, 2012 rated it it was ok
A quick read. Alex and Willa had some cute sparring scenes. The whole dye plot did feel rather contrived and over the top. Kinda lost interest with the whole story right before the end.
Tuesday's Child
Dec 10, 2013 rated it it was ok
Really tried very hard to like this book... but found simply the book to be boring at times.
Gail
Karin
Aug 09, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Mar 08, 2015 12:36PM

• The Saint Who Stole My Heart (Regency Rogues, #4)
  • Not Wicked Enough (Reforming the Scoundrels, #1)
  • Be My Prince (The Royal Trilogy, #1)
  • Too Tempting to Resist (Lords of Midnight, #2)
  • Trouble at the Wedding (Abandoned at the Altar, #3)
  • Sunrise with a Notorious Lord (Lords of Vice, #4)
  • Mad About the Earl (Ministry of Marriage, #2)
  • A Secret in Her Kiss
  • One Naughty Night (The Scandalous St. Claires, #1)
  • At Your Pleasure
  • Engaged in Sin
  • The Bride Wore Pearls (Fraternitas Aureae Crucis, #3)
  • Miss Hillary Schools a Scoundrel (Beau Monde, #1)
  • The Tattooed Duke (The Writing Girls, #3)
  • Sunflower (Storm Family, #1)
  • Master of Sin (Courtesan Court, #4)
  • If I Fall (The Blue Raven, #4)
  • Waltz with a Stranger